PDA

View Full Version : Most HATED figure!!!

sith_killer_99
11-06-2001, 07:42 PM
Out of the POTF line 95-99 which figure do you absolutly hate the most?

For me it's simple, FREEZE FRAME WEEQUAY!

Why? Because of the RARITY of this hidious figure. Stop me if you've heard me rant about this but $300.00+ for a Star Wars figure!!!:eek:

So, which figure do you hate the most? And most importantly WHY?

P.S. I consider the Freeze Frame series to be it's own line and therefore seperate figures from the standard green cards. Maybe it's splitting hairs, many consider them to be "Variations". I however do not!

bigbarada
11-06-2001, 09:35 PM
Aside from the obvious choices (R5-D4, Monkey-Leia, Emperor's Royal Guard) my vote would have to go to 1995 Darth Vader. Mainly due to my initial reaction to his crappiness. I think it was the sting of waiting for a new Darth Vader since 1978 and when one is finally made it looked like that. :mad: Total unforgiveable crap!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

master jedi
11-06-2001, 10:39 PM
I hate Buff Luke and monkey faced Leia. These things are just dang ugly.

broctoon
11-07-2001, 09:35 AM
I think any from the original ones that Kenner put out in '95 would qualify. My god, those were awful. The only ones I wasn't totally upset with were R2, Obi-Wan and the Stormtrooper.

The figure I had to be most let down by was Emperor's Royal Guard, though. I was so looking forward to it, and when it came out I was all "Eww, that blows."

The POTF Weequay wasn't too bad, but I liked the vintage version more. The vintage one was one of my favorite figures ever, but I was just indifferent to the POTF version.

Lobito
11-07-2001, 02:21 PM
Aside Monkey face Leia and He-man Luke, my vote goes to BIBFORTUNA!!!:mad:

Horrendous figure!!:eek:

Sith Worm
12-15-2001, 01:36 AM
Gotta go with the R5-D4

Darkross
12-19-2001, 12:00 PM
I would have to go with monkey face Leia also!

Other Disliked Figures:
Luke Tatooine
Luke Dagobah Fatigues
Chewbacca
Chewbacca DeathStar Escape Cinema Scene
Lando Calrissian
Imperial Guard (All one-piece)

On the other hand here are my Favorites (POTF2 Line):
Darth Vader Episode I Flashback
Chewbacca Boushh's Bounty
Leia in Boushh Disguise (looks really cool with helmet on!)
Luke X-Wing Pilot (1995 POTF2)
Luke Hoth Fatigues
Hoth Soldier

JEDIpartner
12-20-2001, 09:38 AM
Most hated figures are pretty much all of the "buff" ones i.e. "almost all the ones before 1998".

I didn't get a lot of these. As a matter of fact the first ones I got were POTF2 Artoo, Threepio and Tarkin. I got the ASP-7 just because he hadn't been made before. The MMCoin Threepio is much better and so are the subsequnet Artoo sculpts. The Tarkin, I think, is dead on other than the scale.

Huckleberry Josh
12-20-2001, 05:28 PM
I would have to go with the Endor soldier . He looks so stupid with that huge pack on his back. It's an alright figure , but it's my least favorite.

187-Maul
01-06-2002, 07:28 AM
well I guess I go for all the buff figs - especially luke

but sith killer,I hate to say this but well, I live in europe and my father often goes to america on a business trip and brings me and my brother a lot of starwars-figs (they're very expensive here in france) and one time he brought my brother a weequay and guess what - it was the freeze frame version
the only problem is at that moment we did't know that it was so rare and my brother opened it...

evenflow
01-06-2002, 08:59 AM
R5-D4, just a horrible figure.

humsup
01-10-2002, 06:40 AM
Amanaman. What's the deal with this piece of crap?

Marsguo
01-10-2002, 11:33 AM
The worst one is the definitely the first rebel fleet trooper , hes way too big :crazed:

FobaBett
01-10-2002, 03:55 PM
Top 10 CRAP figures of all time!

10: The new EPII Anakin (if that IS the final product.)

9: Emperor's Royal Guard

8: Monkey Leia

7: He Man Luke

6: Buff Vader

5: Wave 1 Jar Jar (What's with the wrist? Oh wait, nevermind :p )

4: Pirate Qui-Gon

3: Dalamation Scout Trooper

2: Rebel Fleet Trooper

1: R5-D4

And what's wrong with the FF Weequay? I bought one for $8 when they came out. And yes it's the American, not Tri-logo.

-Austin

bigbarada
01-11-2002, 10:04 AM
The POTF2 Weequay was a inferior sculpt compared to the vintage version. We're not talking about card variations here, as those are simply Hasbro's way of milking money off the gullible.:p

I can't see why humsup picked Amanaman as the worst, IMO he is the greatest looking figure in the history of the line!

The ASP Droid was so ugly that I've never even considered him to be a Star Wars figure. Another useless SE addition.

SithDroid
01-11-2002, 07:23 PM
I would have to go with Monkey faced Leia, all the buff figures, R5-D4, and Emperor's Royal Guard along with everyone else. Other than that the only other figures would have to be the Rebo Band. Not that they aren't a good sculpt, but I want to see a Classic version and not a Special Edition version. Toss the new characters and stick with the original three and a re-scuplt of Sy Snootle would be great. She looks stupid as the CGI version, give me a puupet any day of the week over something like that. Also Jabba. What a huge dissapointment. Give me a Classic Jabba and I'll be satisfied and not this horrible CGI version.

LusiferSam
02-05-2002, 01:23 PM
Monkey Leia is my vote. I still can't find the right words to describe my displeasure over this figure. My also not a big fan of 4-LOM , the Tuken Raider, the '95 figures, Lobot and Prune Face (Orrimaarko).

Turbowars
02-05-2002, 09:30 PM
My vote goes to ASP-7 for the POTF2 line, what a piece of crap. For the amount of time and $$$ it took to put him on the big screen he should have came with a surveilance droid or two. Look at it, there's nothing to him but a hand full of badly molded plastic pipe. My ultimate "HATED" figure is JarJar Binks. Sorry JarJar, no hard feelings, but I will never forgive Lucus for creating this waste of space on film and Hasbro on further torture in plastic. Remember this is only my opinion so please don't get bent:)

Beast
02-06-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by turbowars
My ultimate "HATED" figure is JarJar Binks. Sorry JarJar, no hard feelings, but I will never forgive Lucus for creating this waste of space on film and Hasbro on further torture in plastic. Remember this is only my opinion so please don't get bent:)

Hey, we all have a right to our opinions. I let you know somthing, I hated the very first Jar Jar figure in the E1 line myself. Horrible sculpt, badly posed, stupid battle staff. The swimming Jar Jar was a massive improvment, and the POTJ Jar Jar: Tatooine was the best JJB figure, and captured him wonderfully.

But, back to the question at hand. My choice would have to be, Disco-Dancing Lobot. Now that figure is just bad, even some of the buff figures are better then our lobotimized pal here. Action stanced figures look ok, on figures that actually stood that way in the movies.:frus: I still have an extra carded one laying around thats begging for a leg change operation. I should get around to that someday. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bel-Cam Jos
02-07-2002, 08:01 PM
For overall hatred, it is, hands down
MALKILI
He mocks me, since he occasionally shows up in stores on the pegs! He is the ultimate pegwarmer. I looked up "malakili" in a dictionary and the definition was dented and torn, with a price tag for $1.99 next to it! Arr! :Pirate: :mad:

But on scuplt, I'd probably go with Death Star Trooper. Worst... pose... ever. Is he one of those Far Eastern guys who fits into a glove compartment? Or did someone try to crumple up the mold and Hasbro made it anyway? Geez! :( Quite disappointed in that figure.

Rollo Tomassi
02-07-2002, 09:10 PM
This may be stretching the parameters a little, but

CRUISE MISSILE TROOPER

is the worst figure in Star Wars history. So, by proxy, he's the worst POTF figure also.

Amanamike
02-08-2002, 01:43 AM
gotta stick with the classic garbage here. Monkey Leia, Hercules Luke Rocket5 Dud4, spread ego Lando, EU smoking jacket maul, And yes cruise missile trooper, yuck!!!!!!:dead: javascript:smilie(':dead:')

OC47150
02-14-2002, 03:19 PM
I have to say the original '95 buff figures. When did Luke ever look like that?

And don't forget monkey face Leia!

dr_evazan22
02-14-2002, 11:20 PM
My most hated is Chewie as "Snoova" (or whatever his name was) from the SOTE series. The Luke in the red armor was pretty close also. I only have them to complete the collection.

I do agree with what everyone else has been saying about all the buff figures (and that poor Leia that escaped from Micheal Jacksons "NeverLand Zoo") though. One of my complaints with some of the figures is the sculpting on the robes or clothing of some of the figs, like the first Obi-Wan. It only stayed upright because of the robe.

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 11:33 PM
I really hate the Death Star Trooper and Rebel Endor Soldier. Nice, solid army builders I was looking forward to, and then I see them. One can't stand and the other looks like a GI Joe.

I don't hate that Lobot as much as everyone else though. I thought it was decent, by far not the worst figure.

Also, the POTJ Amanaman is one of my favorites. Rubbery accessories aside, this figure is awesome.

OC47150
02-15-2002, 08:26 AM
I'd just like to have one DS Trooper for my collection!

chewie
02-17-2002, 09:35 PM
You know. I coveted the 95 POTF2 figures like crazy when they first came out, but it was due to them being the first new SW figures since the 80s. And like most people, I was suckered by 'em. R5-D4 by far is the worst, as are all the super-hero sculpts from that time. General Lando, Lobot, and any others share my disgust.

I didn't mind the Royal Guard so much as I made a small, cheap armada of these salt shakers to stand guard over my salt shaker Emperor. :)

spacelord
02-18-2002, 11:57 AM
Monkey face may be the worst POTF2 sculpt, but I hate prune face more. Something intangible there. I wouldn't take that POS for free.

hukilu
02-18-2002, 02:52 PM
I believe my vote would need to be casted toward E1's Boss Nass. His scale was unforgivable. He'sa Bombadd!

icatch9
02-18-2002, 03:10 PM
I see most people hate the original 9. Don't hate them because without them we would never have the rest. I mean something had to be first, Kenner probally didn't know what they were doing (as if they do now ha ha ha). Anyway, I think there are a couple of figures that are forgotten. How about Delux Luke w/ that desert skiff thing, and Delux Han w/ Smugglers pack. First of all they are buffed up wich everyone hates, second they never happened in the movie, and finaly their faces were so pale they should have been delux hung over figures. What the hell is a smugglers pack anyway. If he is smuggling something don't you think Han would want something a little more less noticable. I mean that this on his back is huge. He'd get stoped by a Tatooine Stromie anyday with that thing straped to his back. :confused:

Bosskman
02-22-2002, 07:30 PM
Here's my list in no particular order (excluding non-movie figures(SOTE and EU) and figures who are a good movie likeness of a crappy looking character (ASP-7, Aurra Sing, ect))
These are the figures I am most disapointed with.

-Dog-Faced Leia
-Prince Adam Luke
-R5-Deformed
-Rebel Gigantism Trooper
-Mimi-me Nass
-Green Watto
-Gorilla Chewie
-Gorilla Chewi in Chains
-All the Buff Vaders up until the Final Jedi Duel
-All the Yodas except for the TPM one
-Stormtrooper 95
-C-3PO 95
-Emperor's Royal Saltshaker
-ANH Jabba (the actual character was bad enuff, he looked like Grimace, but the toy was an all-time low, I don't even own this thing anymore)
-Bib Fortuna
-Colt 45 Lando
-the entire Princess Leia collection
-mechanic Anakin

I can't write anymore, I'me gonna be sick.

Bosskman
02-22-2002, 07:35 PM
Sorry folks but no such list would be complete without:

Dr Evizan
R2 with launching lightsabre

These are the cream of the crap and I don't know how I could have forgotten them.......

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 03:19 PM
The one I really hate is the Ben "Obi-Wan" Kenobi, the first one. With that big plastic/rubber clock crap thing!!!! The biggest problem I have is he will not STAND!!!!!!!!!! I have 5 pounds of stick tack on his feet and he still won't stand!! I tried bases, placing him up against the wall, EVERTHING!!!!! I'm almost ready to super-glue his feet down!!!!!!!!!:mad:

2-1B
03-10-2002, 03:47 PM
Alot of great choices here . . . Cruisemissile Trooper gets my vote too. Do you think he's claustrophobic? I would be, if I were locked in place with my arms left flailing like that . . .

My most hated movie figure is Leia, the monkey face being the least of my concerns :eek: Horrible capes, horrible hands, and a horrible stance seal her fate as most despised :eek:

Old Ben, yep I had the same problems getting him to stand. But eventually he accepted a figure stand and now his foot gingerly clings to the peg. Hold on Ben, you're tipping ! :confused:

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 04:17 PM
I tried a fig stand for old Ben"I had one too many" Kenobi. I even tried putting some sticky tack in the foot hole and then putting him on the stand. But, I came back 2 days later and there was Ben, face down, groveling at Vaders feet, with tiny tendrils of sticky tack coming from his foot. :(

fourtwo
03-11-2002, 12:20 AM
a luke i have looks like he had been smoking crack cocaine. he's my least favorite figure but i dunno if i could ever hate any of it

Deoxyribonucleic
03-11-2002, 03:08 PM
R5-D4 is the Worst by far!

What on earth was that rocket-firing CRAPOLA!

Who thought of it and WHY? It was not in the movie, it wasn't even hinted at in the movie. So why on earth did they dream that up? Ohhhhh Hasbro, you silly peeps.

Yes and the buff figures and I really don't like the Tarkin figure - his stance is horrible, his head too small and I want a resculpt of him.

:)

Lost Spaceboy
03-19-2002, 09:19 AM
You guys forgot about that YAKFACE thing.Do you think they could have made the colors any brighter?It looks like a preschool toy.

Rogue II
03-19-2002, 05:44 PM
Well, I was going to say R5-D4, but if you leave him on the shelf and pretend he doesn't launch missles, he isn't too bad. I still demand a resculpt.

I forgot about that stupid Cruisemissle trooper. I looked at the box several times, and put it down. I didn't understand it. And I still don't get it.

Back in 1983, I thought the Emperor's Royal guard was the next best thing to Boba Fett. I was really dissaointed with the POTF2 version. It reminds me of a red traffin cone with arms.

My other big gripe is the Hoth Chewbacca. That snow just didn't look right.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-20-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic

Who thought of it and WHY? It was not in the movie, it wasn't even hinted at in the movie. So why on earth did they dream that up? Ohhhhh Hasbro, you silly peeps.

Didn't you see the Special Edition of the Ultrawidescreen DVD-ROM version? The edited scene where his rocket fails to launch properly and damages his motivator? Too bad. Great scene. :rolleyes: I have found a great way to "get rid of" the rocket. Wanna hear about it? You sure? Okay...

here goes...

KEEP HIS ROCKET CLOSED INSIDE THE BODY!!!! Then you don't see it! Hooray? Hooray. :Pirate: Arr. :p

Deoxyribonucleic
03-20-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos

I have found a great way to "get rid of" the rocket. Wanna hear about it? You sure? Okay...

here goes...

KEEP HIS ROCKET CLOSED INSIDE THE BODY!!!! Then you don't see it! Hooray? Hooray. :Pirate: Arr. :p

Hardy HAR HAR HAR :)
yeah yeah you got me thar me friend (:) )
but.....it's still thar and I know itiz thar and tharfore.....I CAN'T FORGETTTTtttttttttt. (all in good humor of course) :D

And that still doesn't answer my question as to WHY did they think that up? Who pulled that one outta their.....We'll YOU KNOW
heheheheheeehehhehehhehhehehe :eek:

Rogue II
03-20-2002, 10:24 PM
You gotta ask yourself.....weather its about R5-D4 or whatever....do you really want to know why the demented people from Hasbro do anything?

Mr Sci Fi
03-25-2002, 01:14 AM
R5-D4 is the worst

RooJay
04-06-2002, 06:28 PM
Definitely the first Rebel Fleet Trooper! He's monstrously huge, pitifully detailed, and a pretty inaccurate sculpt. He's just about the same height as most of the Chewie figures up to that time. I'd also like to point out how the Snowtrooper, while a much better sculpt, also suffers from gigantism; being the same height as most of the Vader figures, not to mention the ultra boring pose. Now that I think of it...the Snowtrooper would've looked much better in an action pose like the Lobot figure (also afflicted with gigantism!) who should've come unposed! Strange, no?:confused:

RooJay
04-06-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic

Yes and the buff figures and I really don't like the Tarkin figure - his stance is horrible, his head too small and I want a resculpt of him.

:)
You forgot to point out those horrible, massive guns they sculpted on the figures "shoulders". As soon as I took mine out of the package I took a hot exacto knife and sliced 'em off!

Sith Vicious
04-06-2002, 10:13 PM
I really hate the guy from Dark Forces. Kyle Kintarn? He looks like a GI Joe figure, and what's up with his big feet? ASP-7 was a big disappointment also, especially considering how long it took me to find him. At least R5-D4 was easy to find, even if he has machine gun arms.

Taichi
04-20-2002, 03:09 PM
Hmm......

I hate the second Mace Windu figure.....the Commtech one.....

The mailaway version rocks.....it actually looks like Sam Jackson....and has the cool Jedi Robe....

The Carded one comes with this strange plastic cocoon that wraps around his body......also his skin is a lot lighter, and he doesn't look like Sam at all (I think this figure was not based on Sam, but rather the "STAND IN" guy at the end of TPM)

so, my vote goes to Commtech Mace

jedi_uk73
04-20-2002, 05:52 PM
I would say, most of the POTF2 range. They all looked like they were on steroids. The later figures were a bit better. (not by much though)

brentfett
04-24-2002, 12:42 PM
Lak Sivrak seemed like a pointless character.

Taichi
04-24-2002, 02:05 PM
Hmm, Tiny Head Greedo seems to suck all of a sudden, now that his large (Proper cranium) figure was released......

but, I like Greedo, so either way, 'scool.....

RooJay
04-24-2002, 03:04 PM
I've always liked Lak Sivrak (the Wolfman always having been one of my favorite monsters!), and was really happy when they decided to make a figure of him. Especially after Lucas took him out of the Special Edition! Poor Wolfman!:cry:

figrin bran
05-07-2002, 12:20 AM
-the buff ones as everyone has mentioned
-ASP 7
-8D8
some of the early deluxe figures - Han, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett...well not so much the figures as the oversized jet packs

Rogue II
05-08-2002, 06:22 PM
Jorg Sacal - Because there were about 100 threads of people whining about not getting. He really is just spare parts from the Cinema scene pilot body with Jek Porkins head on in and a micromachine X-Wing thrown in.

Yeah, those deluxe figures were pretty lame. The only one I bought was the Stormtrooper. Oh, how about that stupid cruisemissle trooper.

RePoZeSoR
05-08-2002, 08:54 PM
I would have to say that R5-D4... he looks like a 45 gallon trash can.... and it shoots missles too...?!?!?!?!?!?!

QLD
05-09-2002, 03:35 AM
Hmmm....so many I can't decide. My votes go with Amanaman, any of the deluxe figures, and money face Leia

dr_evazan22
05-09-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
My votes go with Amanaman, any of the deluxe figures, and money face Leia

Money face Leia? That sounds like a scene from a porn movie.

Ahhhh, the dreams of youth....;)

RooJay
05-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Hey, that last post reminds me...
The Dr. Evazan figure from the Cinema Scene really SUCKED! What's up with that? It just BARELY resembled the character from the movie! Why doesn't Hasbro try to redo that hunk of crap?!

dr_evazan22
05-10-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by RooJay

The Dr. Evazan figure from the Cinema Scene really SUCKED! What's up with that? It just BARELY resembled the character from the movie! Why doesn't Hasbro try to redo that hunk of crap?!

Ya know, I'm all for that. They need to do justice to this beautiful face!

I just realized that it was Quite Long Dong writing about Money Faced Leia. That could be a half-way decent movie!

MichaelV103
05-10-2002, 02:06 PM
I would have to agree that the "buff" figures, most notably Luke and Lando are the worst looking figures. Maybe they thought they were making mini He-man figures

Jonna
05-10-2002, 02:14 PM
As others have said, if I wanted steroid figures, I would have collected the He-Man line. But I have to say that the most ugly figure had to be Prune Face.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-11-2002, 06:58 AM
Hoth Rebel Soldier

Firebird
05-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Rancor Keeper.
It's the ugliest figure of the line. Why would anyone want a figure of a dirty fat man not wearing a shirt.

The commtech and flashback Luke. Both of those figures are boring and pointless.

R5-D4 is actually a cool figure.

Hands down the worst figure is any of the anakins from episode 1

Dexter
05-13-2002, 02:36 PM
What's REALLY wrong with R5-D4? I think it's a neat-looking figure. Yes, he opens up and fires a missile--but he doesn't HAVE to if you don't want him to. I think it's funny, myself... :D

My choices for the worst figures? HOO-boy...

Flashback Luke: WOW! It's Luke... in a floppy hat! That he never wears in the movies! Ever! AMAZING!

Hoth Chewie: It's Chewie...with SNOW! Although what he really looks like is a big piece of chocolate covered with white icing... :happy:

Smuggler's Flight Pack Han Solo: 'Nuff said.

And the worst offender...

Complete Galaxy Ewok: Hasbro had BETTER not thing this is our Warok!!! This thing doesn't resemble anything except a big hunka crap--and it's most definitely not Warok.

RooJay
05-14-2002, 03:53 AM
R5-D4 was poorly detailed, hideously painted, sadly articulated, improperly scaled, and just plain inaccurately sculpted. Compare the figure to the pictures. 'Nuff said!

Brendo Fett
05-19-2002, 09:37 PM
Monkey Leia*
EV-9D9(very static, not much fun)*
Hex & Rex(Old Fode & Beed figure)
Lando*
Brawny Luke
Garindan*

I have nothing against R5-D4. Odd.

*=I have this figure, even though I don't like it.:crazed:

Wait...Bib Fortuna, also...mine's tentacle keeps falling off and his face/neck is terrible

Dr. Evazen-this figure's face looks nothing like him!!!:confused:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-20-2002, 01:21 AM
I also hate the POF2 Royal Guard.

QLD
05-21-2002, 03:11 AM
Whoops, I meant MONKEY face Leia.

Though money face Leia sounds a little better.

Wooooooooo!

:D

And I just can't hate a Lando figure, it's just not logical. He's too smooth.

OC47150
05-21-2002, 08:29 AM
A new R5-D4 is scheduled for later this year.