PDA

View Full Version : Where do all of Vader's parts come from?

Tycho
01-03-2003, 02:39 AM
We've been told by Lucas that we've seen a lot of the parts of Darth Vader's uniform already in the prequel trilogy.

Like Boba Fett will wear the braids of the dead padawans he's killed, Vader will take scalps too - only in a much more grotesque way of collecting memoirs of his kills.

I can only surmise this much so far:

His vocalizer came off the dead Wat Tambler - "The Techno-Union zzeeerrp whizz- umm - army is at your disposal, Count."

I think his eye lenses and breathilizer mask may be part of Plo Koon!

What else? The cloak chain belonged to Count Dooku?

Perhaps the black leather belonged to Anakin Skywalker, but Darth Vader sort of killed him, too (from a certain point of view).

Is there anything else?

Vader's belt and chest plate? Could any part of the chest plate be part of C-3PO's upper back controls? Would that mean Threepio gets a new body instead of just golden panneling?

It's an interesting, if unimportant footnote in the annals of Star Wars.

Jaff
01-05-2003, 02:59 AM
Yuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk! Vader's a possible Borg!

gibbyhayes
01-05-2003, 03:48 AM
This kind of nonsense is going to make the next 2 1/2 years REALLY drag on...

Jaff
01-05-2003, 03:56 AM
and on and on and on. Did you know that Anakins cybernetic arm is actually something he borrowed from c-3po for the wedding.....

If anyone believes that joke, they need to take a chill pill.

Darth Sidious
01-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Sounds like THEY'RE not the ones that need a chill pill! :D Come on everyone, it's only a bit of fun. Just calm down... :) That is a entertaining, if improbable theory.

Tycho
01-08-2003, 03:58 AM
Well, Lucas did say we've seen parts of Darth Vader's costume already in the prequel trilogy. Unless he's teasing us, I wasn't - just guessing if it were true.

Meanwhile, I always thought it would have been funny if Threepio was missing an arm during the wedding scene, but it would have ruined the mood of the scene and the seriousness of the feelings being conveyed.

I guess there was no way to get that in there and not ruin the somber mood the movie ended in.

RooJay
01-15-2003, 11:41 PM
Actually...I believe what Lucas said was that we will see parts of Vader's costume on several different characters in Episode 3. At least thats the way I heard it.

joe-da
01-16-2003, 12:11 AM
Vader's parts come from ILM.