PDA

View Full Version : Most HATED figure.

sith_killer_99
11-06-2001, 06:57 PM
From the POTJ line which figure do you hate the most? And why?

Jar-Jar Tatooine!

Why? It's Jar-Jar, need I say more? OK, how about that rediculous tongue!!!

The only good thing about this figure was the folded up pit droid (which can't even unfold into a standing pit droid).

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2001, 07:04 PM
Wow! To hate a figure with passion...

Yeah, I don't like the Jar Jar Tatooine a whole lot either. I got it more for the folded up pit droid. I thought maybe I would do a diorama in the future if Watto's shop ever came out like Jabba's Palace or the Cantina and would put it in it.

What I really don't like are Daffy duck DM and Chocobi1. They're the reason why I'm no longer a 'completist' collector. They could have turned out to be pretty good, but the sculpts were just horrible. IMO, that whole wave was horrible. I'll throw in Moisture Qui-Gon and General Leia to boot.

bigbarada
11-06-2001, 08:43 PM
Fode and Beed. It's the only POTJ figure I have been able to resist buying. IMO, the only really poorly designed alien from Ep1 and an ugly figure to boot. How in the world did this thing warrant two figures?:mad:

master jedi
11-06-2001, 09:43 PM
I hate any resculpts. I don't need more than one different variation of the same Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, or Anakin.

Tycho
11-07-2001, 03:19 AM
I guess we're just talking POTJ here?

Darth Maul Sith Apprentice (EU).

darth chuck
11-07-2001, 07:05 AM
I absolutely despise the Carbon Freezing Chamber Bespin Guard. That was a waste of plastic. (It sucked like first generation POTF2, but it came in a POTJ box.)

It was goofy looking; not all body parts were to scale; the detail was not to POTJ standards; and he didn't even come with a blaster! Compare it to the carded POTJ Bespin Guard and it was pure crap.

JEDIpartner
11-07-2001, 08:56 AM
I think it's gonna be the new Eeth Koth for me... only because he looks SO unlike the rest of the Jedi Council members that have been made up to this point...

By the way... did anyone notice that the legs seem to be positioned relatively the same way for all of the "action posed" figures (Helmet-head Obi-Wan, Surly Escape Han, Chippendales Maul)?

Just something that bothers me about that... oh, well.

broctoon
11-07-2001, 10:12 AM
It's gotta be Sith Apprentice Maul or Obi-Wan Jedi Knight (young. of course). There's been quite a bit of junk in this POTJ line, but there are definitely a lot of gems, too.

Lobito
11-07-2001, 01:34 PM
Yes...i agree with BB that Fode and Beed had no reason to be made...it was already been released...:mad: the only thing is that the Fode and Beed in cluded in the Jabba toy is different than the POTJ line. The heads are switched!!:eek:

Tarkin the otter
11-07-2001, 03:43 PM
Anakin mechanic. Nuff said.

Wolfwood319
11-07-2001, 03:54 PM
Anakin Mechanic
Fode & Beed
Young Obi-Wan with Cloak
Sith Apprentice Maul
Jedi Training Obi-Wan

There are some others, but those are the ones I haven't got because of the fact that their terrible.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-07-2001, 06:34 PM
Pretty much all the Ben Kenobi figures (except the Cold Weather) cuz they are plain and ugly. I was glad to pick Old Ben and Chocopuff up at KB for only $2.99 cuz $6.99 would have been highway robbery.

Eternal Padawan
11-07-2001, 08:56 PM
WHAT?!?! Old Ben is the best Old Ben to come out so far!!! Just cause the dude's a pegwarmer doesn't make him a crap figure. Do what I did and put the Jedi robe from the EPI Tatooine accessory pack on him. Viola! The coolest Old Ben action figure ever!

As for crappiest POTJ....

General Leia
Fode and Beed
Aurra Sing
ChocObiWan

Turbowars
11-07-2001, 09:09 PM
I have to agree with Bigbarada and Lobito, Fode and Beed are the worst POTJ figure-figure's produced. The necks don't match the head color. The best thing about them is the tail and that's not saying much!:mad:

yukface27
11-07-2001, 10:48 PM
Fode and Beeb were very lame. I really don't know what my most hated one is. I can tell what I hated about one of the cool figures is. Aurra Sing. Damn cool figure, but her second blaster won't come out of the holster and she isn't even close to being an articulate figure. Her harms are in the dumbest positions. That really ****ed me off.

yukface27@hotmail.com

sith_killer_99
11-08-2001, 10:25 AM
Yes, Hasbro should have put ball-shoulder-joints on the Aurra Sing figure and made the second gun removable.

evenflow
11-09-2001, 10:27 AM
I hate the Darth Maul Sith Apprentice (EU). :mad: i think it was just a horrible figure.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
11-10-2001, 10:50 AM
Jar-Jar Tatooine. I was lucky enough to see that wave twice but there's no way I was going to buy that figure. What a stupid figure. One Jar-Jar figure in my collection will due, until he wears a different outfit in Ep2. That folded-up pit droid is cool, though. Runners up: Chocobi, Split Maul, Anakin Mechanic, Leia General, Freezing Chamber Guard (I know, big surprise I'd pick those.).

Fode and Beed is an okay figure, if you ask me. At least it looks like the character in the movie, unlike the Jabba version.

Sith Killer: Aurra does have ball-jointed shoulders.
The non-removable gun does suck, though.

EP: I did the same thing with Old Ben. I thought it was a good figure of him, and I put the accessory pack cape on him and have him in my cantina.