PDA

View Full Version : Just how smart is Yoda anyhow?

stillakid
01-03-2003, 04:48 PM
In 900 years, the little guy never could figure out how to properly speak the English language...

ie.

YODA: Handle that, your Padawan will.

With that, what's up?:confused:

The Overlord Returns
01-03-2003, 04:49 PM
ahem:

"With that, what IS up?"

contract his words, yoda would not......

Pendo
01-03-2003, 04:53 PM
Been asking this for a long time, I have. Perhaps Basic, not his natural language. His understanding of Basic, is like mine of French - terrible. Always getting my words in the wrong order, I am.

Maybe on purpose, he does it. He knows it get's on Mace Windu's nerves :p.

PENDO!

Beast
01-03-2003, 04:53 PM
He's the old man of the group, and like most elderly people they are resistant to change. I'm sure that he probably feels that why should he have to make an effort to speak perfect basic. Let other people be the ones that have to spend the effort to understand what he's saying. Either that or he has such a severe case of dyslexia it affects the way he talks even. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
01-03-2003, 04:55 PM
I kind of see him like a zen buddhist master. He's a difficult S.O.B. because he can be... ;)

El Chuxter
01-03-2003, 04:55 PM
Well, we all know he's not as smart as Marge Simpson.

Beast
01-03-2003, 05:02 PM
He's probably waiting patiently for some padawan to say "Dammit Yoda, why the hell can't you just talk normal like everyone else." Then he'll laugh and drop the backwards talk act, and tell the Jedi that that's how he chooses Padawans to train personally. The ones with the guts to just say somthing. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
01-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Another question, if he's got that nifty little hover pod chair thingy, why insist on walking around? The Jedi have personnel vehicles that ferry them around wherever like shuttles and wotnot, Yoda could just coast from vehicle to vehicle to building and never have to walk. He could have taken his little chair to geonosis and saved his legs with all the walking to the secret hangar. The guys just making work for himself. he must get a hell of a crick in his neck craning to look up at taller beings all the time. Using his hover pod would keep him eye to eye with others but Yoda insists on being kicking height closer to the ground. He's not so smart after all.

Pendo
01-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Another question, if he's got that nifty little hover pod chair thingy, why insist on walking around? The Jedi have personnel vehicles that ferry them around wherever like shuttles and wotnot, Yoda could just coast from vehicle to vehicle to building and never have to walk. He could have taken his little chair to geonosis and saved his legs with all the walking to the secret hangar. The guys just making work for himself. he must get a hell of a crick in his neck craning to look up at taller beings all the time. Using his hover pod would keep him eye to eye with others but Yoda insists on being kicking height closer to the ground. He's not so smart after all.

When we saw him using it in AOTC it was brand new. But by the end of the movie he doesn't use it because he broke it playing hover bumper cars all the time :rolleyes:.

PENDO!

Jargo
01-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Either that or the temple housekeeper asked for the chamber pot back........ :eek: :dead:

LTBasker
01-03-2003, 08:55 PM
"Mmm... M C squared, E equals..."

One reason why I think he talks like he does is because it makes him more noticeable during a speech. When people make regular speeches they can be boring and you can end up toning it out. When Yoda makes a speech though, you listen because it's interesting even if it does annoy, it still sinks in.

I think with the hoverchair and his bigger amount of lines, they tried to make him too "newly" interesting like the OT Yoda was with the way he talks, and they ended up flubbing it up. In the OT it seemed like it was only the first two words of specific types of sentences, but in AOTC they went to four or I think even five.