PDA

View Full Version : Thrawn Gets Fooled Again?

Beast
01-04-2003, 03:36 AM
I think Thrawn needs to take a closer look at pictures he posts when he trys to slam Hasbro. Since it's pretty obvious that someone bought the Hoth Survival Set, swapped out the Hoth Rebel Soldier with the old one and returned it. There even appears to be a small white section visable in the lower left hand of the packaging. For the king of errors and varients, he needs to do a bit more homework before he starts blasting Hasbro.

The spot where the bubble was lifted off the packaging is even visible in the picture. It's easy to slip the figure out, and slap a bit of superglue down and reseal them. Love that he doesn't ask for clearer pictures, and just throws blame at Hasbro for either screwing up or recycling old figures. I guess that those Queen's Royal Starships people saw with R5-D4's or R2-D2's instead of the red astromech in them were screw ups or super cheap recycling by Hasbro. :rolleyes: :stupid:

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=632

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
01-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Ouch. Actually he doesn't look half-bad in there... I say they got the better end of the deal. The person who did that most likely paid at some point for the Rebel Commander figure, so while they got the $10 back on the Hoth set, they still paid for a kit-bashed figure while the person who bought the pack got a better figure. :D

Plus, the picture quality isn't right, looks more like the person who sent it in could've been the one who didn't and just popped in that phony story with hopes of selling it as a "rarity" on ebay.

Beast
01-04-2003, 04:10 AM
Agreed, he doesn't look half bad in there. But it's not Hasbro who stuck it in there, it's some arse that wanted to steal the newer figure. So they bought it, stuck in an older figure they probably had bought at clerance, and returned it. Or like you said, the guy that sent the picture did it himself. But I find the first option alot more likely.

Whats sad is that Thrawn should know people do that. He's even answered questions in this very forum from people that have found things like this. But using it to get a quick jab in at Hasbro, thats about as bad as Curto over at Scum trying to pass off customs as the real thing. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks