PDA

View Full Version : Darth Tyranus's Geonosian Speeder Bike Boxed

SirSteve
01-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Check our News (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=633) section for the details.

Ultimate Ladies Man
01-04-2003, 11:45 AM
wow, that looks even better than it did on the Starwars.com pictures... I wonder how long it'll be before we see pictures of Anakin's speeder bike?
How are you able to get pictures like that before Starwars.com shows them?

Beast
01-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Very nice, very nice, nubian. Nice pictures Steve, now open it up and give us some loose pictures. The Dooku figure does look better then the prototype pictures we had seen on Hasbro's website not to long ago. The cape still looks a bit silly, but movie accurate from the scene when he's on the speeder. :)

A cloth one would have just layed flat, and not looked quite as good. Speaking of the Speeder, it also seems to have a better paintjob as well. Not a huge fan of the seatbelt, but it still looks removable. Can't wait for these to turn up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
01-04-2003, 12:08 PM
I know of few of us are getting a little anxious since nothing seems to be showing up in stores lately, although there's plenty to come!
The speeder looks to be evrything it should be, I'll save my final verdcit for when I pick one up, hopefully soon!

Lman316
01-04-2003, 12:59 PM
I can't believe that they actually stuck an action feature onto this one too. Not that this would look any better without it, though...
The figure (to me) looks like the Force Flipping one with a cape and knee articulation. Although, I was never really impressed with this figure anyway...

The speeder itself looks okay, but I'm in agreement about that belt.

End...

Darth Trymybestus
01-04-2003, 01:39 PM
That looks very cool, is the lightsaber removeable though? I haven't seen a picture of him without it, I hope it is.
It does look like the force flipping one but hey, that was a fantastic sculpt and this one will improve on it, no metal studs on the bottom of his feet and a cape. :D
One thing, it says that the action feature works by pressing a button on vehicle, I wonder how that'll work?

Beast
01-04-2003, 01:43 PM
Darth Trymybestus, Dooku has a button on his back. When you put him on the vehicle and strap him in, he's lined up with the seat. Then when you push the button on the vehicle, it extends somthing that will press his button from the seat. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
01-04-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Darth Trymybestus, Dooku has a button on his back. When you put him on the vehicle and strap him in, he's lined up with the seat. Then when you push the button on the vehicle, it extends somthing that will press his button from the seat. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

and who said Hasbro's action features weren't innovative? :crazed: :) I wonder if they'll reuse the force flipping Anakin Skywalker? The Anakin Skywalker looks cool, he looks exactly like he does in the movie, when I get these, I'll display them permanently on the speeder as they're quite scene specific :)
I will ask for 143rd time... where are the Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight pics? :crazed: :D

Jargo
01-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Nice looking speeder but why is there only a boxed close up of the dumb pack in figure? that's not the product really is it it's the speeder that's the selling point so there should really be a nice big close up of that rather than another 'unlike christopher Lee' Count Dooku figure. The figure looks really weird like he's got broken bones in all his limbs. Like it's a dead man walking.

Please, can we have a close up of the speeder instead of the figure?

Lman316
01-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
The figure looks really weird like he's got broken bones in all his limbs. Like it's a dead man walking.

Nice description EJ. That fits it perfectly :D.

End...

Darth Evil
01-04-2003, 02:45 PM
But the speeder looks nice. Is the lightsaber hilt metal?

187-Maul
01-04-2003, 03:44 PM
the speeder looks pretty cool, but dooku doesn't interest me at all and I don't relly need the set, so I guess I won't get it
I just hope to see some pics of the anakin with bike soon, maybe there's still hope that they changed his face...

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
01-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Looks cool, but I think I'll pass on this one.:rolleyes:

Old Fossil
01-05-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus

I will ask for 143rd time... where are the Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight pics? :crazed: :D

There are no Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight pics. There is no Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight. It is but a dream, a foolish, misleading dream. Now wake up, man! Get hold of yourself! THERE(slap)-IS(backhand)-NO(slap)-SAGA(backhand)-LUKE(slap)-JEDI!(backhand)

Now one more time: THERE (slap)-IS--

(EMPEROR JARGO interrupts, wielding a crowbar: "Here now, I've seen this before...")

Jargo
01-05-2003, 11:54 AM
:D :D :D Now that's funny!