PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro, here's the thoughts of a 13-year-old

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2003, 01:28 PM
Hey Hasbro,
You're probably reading this. As JJB has stated, you're not allowed to respond or anything. Just take this list into consideration. By the way, I turned 13 last month, so I'm more of a kid that plays with the Star Wars figues than I am a middle-aged mint carded collector. You're always saying "It's for the kids." Yeah well I think the "action features" are crap (most of the time). Same with some of the action poses. Just give the bloody figures several points of articulation and no odd action poses okay? I will soon include a wishlist of figures that I, a 13-year-old, would like to see. At least take some of the ideas into consideration.:)

Jargo
01-05-2003, 07:02 PM
Go for the jugular JabbaJohnl. I'm right behind you. :evil: sock it to 'em good style.

jjreason
01-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Make the figures the kid wants Hasbro. Do it now. Oh, wait, we don't know what the kid wants yet. Well, come on then JabbaJohnL, enough dallying, on with it! And no blasted pantsless-Padme either (although Id support that figure, Hasbro won't - especially coming from a minor like you. What would your parents think?). :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-07-2003, 06:02 PM
Hey just give me time . . . I have school again y'know, I can't just sit here all day and comprise a list of good figures. I'll get on it soon though (I'm gonna type it on Works first, then copy it to the web). And Hasbro won't mind, their idea of "soon" is at least three months.:rolleyes:

187-Maul
01-08-2003, 12:58 PM
being 16, and having bought SW figs since the age of about 8, I can remember very good what I liked on my figs and what I disliked when I was still playing with them

so here's what I liked:
a lot of accessories (to create different "battles")
a lot of articulation (posing was very improtant and if the figs fight some cool poses are really better)
having figs that actually fit in the vehicles there made for (I hated it when I had to SHOVE the fig in the vehicle with violence, or couldn't even make it at all)

and what I didn't like:
action-features like "kicking-action" or slashing-action, cause you can't really play with a figure if you can't put the arm up without it shooting down again (or vice-versa)

so just listen to the people hasbro and make figs with more articulation and accesories and take away the action-features (but leave the magnets though)

just my opinion of course...

Jedi Master Silas
01-09-2003, 01:16 AM
MY 8 year old sold out to other trendy toys because he doesnt like the SW figs anymore because they break very easy and the poses are awful.

jjreason
01-09-2003, 02:27 PM
I think it's fairly straightforward. Set the clock back to 2001 and look at those. Make them like that from now on. Many neutral poses. Many great sculpts. Many neat accessories. Many characters we wanted. Many awesome paint jobs. Some desirable ships. That was the way to go, and look at the bloody departure last year. Back to basics, guys.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-22-2003, 08:03 PM
Okay, finally, the Episode I list is done. I did not distinguish between basic and deluxe figures, that's for you to decide. Oh yeah, because of the new deluxe three-packs (Jedi, droids, clones), the troop builders 4-packs will be lowered to the price of $15. Here we go:

BASIC (OR DELUXE) FIGURES
NABOO
*Obi-Wan Kenobi: Naboo Palace. Includes two cloaks - one standing, one kneeling, lightsaber, blast deflection effect, removable braid. The cloaks are for either standing normal or kneeling in front of Yoda. His lightsaber can clip on his belt. His braid must be sculpted more skinny this time, kind of like the Episode II Anakin figures, only it can come off for the final celebration. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, elbows (so he can have his hands by his sides, cross them or hold a saber), wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Qui-Gon Jinn: Final Duel. Includes lightsaber, funeral pyre. Of course, this Qui-Gon has battle damage in his chest. The funeral pyre is the fiery thing that he is cremated on. He can be set on the pyre, and the fire goes around him. He can also be posed to hold his saber, and kneel down on the ground. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
*Darth Maul: Naboo. Includes lightsaber, probe droid, battle droid parts. From the scene where he’s standing there in his cloak. Well really from any scene where he’s standing there in his cloak, because the Tatooine figure is too pre-posed for anything but the Tatooine duel. His lightsaber blades should be the correct length, with a metal hilt, and perhaps he should be holding his saber with one blade connected, and the other blade nearby. Just throw in another amazing probe droid like the one from the Sith Apprentice 2002 Maul figure. And some battle droid pieces, to scatter Theed with. But other than some cool accessories and a cool pose with articulation, he needs nothing. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, elbows (so he can keep his hands by his sides and also hold his saber with two hands), wrists, waist, legs.
*Darth Maul: Holograph. from the “This is my apprentice, Darth Maul” scene. The first attempt at him (light-up) was okay, except for the fact he had no face tattoos and could not move. Just paint darker blue on the black parts of his face. This figure will go nicely with the screen scene I will describe later. POA: head, shoulders, elbows (he HAS to be able to cross his arms).
*Padmé Amidala: Handmaiden Disguise. Includes cleaning rag, necklace, blanket, holographic Sio Bibble. She should be in the orange outfit. Sio Bibble should be miniature. The necklace is the one made out of a Japor snippet that Anakin tries to give her. The blanket is cloth, and it is the one she covers Anakin with. She has cloth lower robes so she can move her knees. POA: head, shoulders, elbows (so she can clean R2-D2), waist, legs, knees.
*Queen Amidala. Include whatever she has in the scene. All of her costumes, ALL of them. POA: whatever necessary for that particular costume.
*Battle Droid: Naboo Battle. Includes blaster. A battle droid that can fold up like in the movie. But just give it a lot of articulation, no “Push my back and give me a seizure” button. Its hands should be able to hold a blaster as well as hold its legs. POA: head (folds down), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, legs, knees.
*Destroyer Droid: Naboo Battle. Includes shield, blast effects, removable parts. Give it a head like the Geonosis Battle Destroyer, but give it a body like the Battle Damage one (only with no blast marks). I suppose exploding action like the Battle Damaged one would be okay. It has removable parts so it can look either blasted apart or ready for action. The blast effects can fit comfortably on each of his four blasters. The shield is just a big blue ball that isn’t connected to the droid. POA: head (removable), arms (removable), legs (in two places).
*Nute Gunray: Naboo Palace. Includes mechno-chair, removable hat. He can sit in his chair, and I wouldn’t mind if the chair had some kind of wind-up thing (that didn’t screw up the sculpt) that made it walk. He had cloth lower robes and very soft plastic outer ones so he can stand up, and be tall. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs, knees.
*Captain Panaka: Royal Security. Includes helmet, blaster, comlink. A very neutral Panaka with removable helmet and comlink that can connect to his belt. The blaster is his normal one, not the battle droid one. His lower skirt is cloth. POA: head, shoulders, elbows (so he can have them normal or hold a blaster), wrists, legs, knees.
*OOM-9: Naboo Search. Includes blaster, mini holographic Nute Gunray and Rune Haako. No odd “head-pop-up” movement on him. This version of him should be able to hold a blaster with two hands. The holographs could be one piece. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, legs, knees.
*Queen Amidala’s Handmaidens. Make every version (orange, yellow, red, purple, etc.) and with some different heads so they all don’t look the same. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs (on the purple battle ones).
TATOOINE
*Anakin Skywalker: Boonta Eve Challenge. Includes helmet, pit droid, maintenance spider droid. His face should be dirty like it was after the race. The pit droid should be a normal one, not Otoga 222. The spider droid (same thing like the Teemto accessory, but no button thing) should have unfolding legs. POA: Anakin - head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball joints), elbows (to hold pod handles), wrists, waist, legs, knees. Pit droid - head (like the other pit droids), shoulders, elbows, legs, knees. Spider droid - 3 on each leg.
*Qui-Gon: Jedi Tester. Includes comlink, blood test kit, wall piece. From the scene where he sends the midi-chlorians to Obi-Wan. He can sit on the wall piece like he did in the movie and talk to Anakin about the stars. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, elbows (so he can hold the comlink to his mouth, and treat Anakin’s arm), wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Jar Jar Binks and Mars Guo: Boonta Eve Challenge. From the scene on the DVD when Jar Jar thinks everyone’s cheering for him. Mars should be to scale. Jar Jar should be smiling, and have his hands open. POA: Jar Jar - head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees. Mars - head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*C-3PO: Anakin’s Droid. Includes cloth blanket, removable eye, podrace flag, cleaning rag. POA: head, shoulders, elbows (for holding the flag), waist, legs, knees.
*Watto: Gambler. Includes hovering stand, staff, chance cube, base. He has motion capture wings, just like the new Watto figure. His hovering stand can be on its own and also plugs into the base. The chance cube is magnetic, and when placed on the base, it moves around to simulate Qui-Gon moving it (due to magnets). POA: head, shoulders, legs.
*Kitster and Wald: Anakin’s Friends. Includes pan thing for Wald. POA: Kitster and Wald - head, shoulders (ball-jointed on Wald [for his victory dance]), waist, legs.
*Seek, Amee, Melee: Anakin’s friends. POA: Seek, Amee, Melee - head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Aldar Beedo: Pod Racer. Includes goggles, pit droid. The “AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!” guy. POA: Aldar and pit droid - head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Ark “Bumpy” Roose: Pod Racer. Includes goggles, two pit droids (one mushroom-headed, other Otoga 222). POA: Ark - head, shoulders, waist, legs. Pit droids - head, shoulders, elbows, legs, knees.
*Ben Quadinaros: Pod Racer. Includes goggles, two pit droids (both mushroom-headed). This guy is in the movie for a while, he should be made as soon as possible. POA: Ben - shoulders, waist, legs. Pit droids - head, shoulders, elbows, legs, knees.
*Booles Roor: Pod Racer. Includes goggles, pit droid. POA: Booles and pit droid - head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Clegg Holdfast: Pod Racer. Includes maintenance spider droid. POA: Clegg - head, shoulders, waist, legs. Droid - 3 on each leg.
*Dud Bolt: Pod Racer. Includes helmet, maintenance spider droid. The racer with the cardboard pod. POA: head, shoulders, elbow (to scratch eye), waist, legs.
*Elan Mak: Pod Racer. Includes wrench, goggles, pit droid. The Rick McCallum-described dumb guy who switched his name backwards. POA: Elan and droid - head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
*Mawhonic: Pod Racer. Includes pit droid. His legs should be in the position where he can bow really low. POA: Mawhonic and pit droid - head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
*The Tyerell Family: Ratts Tyerell, Mrs. Tyerell, and Two Children. Includes: goggles, toy pods. The Mrs. is smiling and can hold the baby. One of the kids is a baby, the other can hold the pods. POA: Ratts, Mrs. and Older Kid - head, shoulders, legs.
*Jira: Fruit Vendor. Includes fruit stand, pallies, Sith probe droid. The old lady who loves Anakin. It doesn’t matter if she can stand up, she didn’t in the movie. She has pallies that Anakin gives to Qui-Gon. The droid should be able to break in half. Using the technique from Deluxe Yoda with Super Battle Droid, the probe droid can move around on a clear stand because of a control stick. When the droid reaches a certain spot, it falls over and breaks in two. To re-enact its encounter with Qui-Gon in the deleted scene. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist.
*Gragra: Chuba Vendor. Includes chuba stand. This character was odd-looking, and should be a figure. A few of the chubas can be removable from the stand, so Jar Jar can take them. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
CORUSCANT
*Chancellor Finis Valorum: Queen’s Arrival. Simply the Chancellor in the costume from when he meets the Queen (really the decoy) for the first time. His arms are behind his back. POA: head, shoulders, waist.
*Sei Taria: Chancellor’s Aide. Includes senate cam. Valorum needs an assistant. The camera is no different than the one that comes with Orn Free Taa. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.

SCREEN SCENES
*Jar Jar’s Fate: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jar Jar Binks, four Gungan guards, Boss Nass, four council members. Released in four pieces, makes the scene where Jar Jar is brought before Boss Nass’s council. Jar Jar is in binders, the guards have poles, and Boss Nass and his council members are sitting down. POA: whatever is necessary for each figure.
*News of an Escaped Ship: Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, Darth Sidious. They are all sitting down, with a full table. Darth Sidious is a holograph. He has a peg behind him so the holographic Darth Maul (sold separately) can stand there. I frankly don’t care if they can come out of their chairs or not. POA: Nute - head, shoulders, elbows, waist. Rune - head, shoulders, elbows, waist. Sidious - head, shoulders, elbows.
*Gran Senators: Aks Moe, others. Aks Moe is standing up, the others are sitting. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs.
*Rodian Senators. The three Rodian senators, as seen in both Episode I and II. These guys are shown for a bit in both movies, and they need to be made. They come in a senate pod. If there are any that are sitting down, make them sitting down (I can’t remember if there are any sitting ones). POA: head, shoulders, waist.
*Twi’lek Senators: Orn Free Taa, other twi’leks. This Orn Free Taa should have his Episode I costume. The other twi’leks were added to the DVD and are much cooler than the humans that were in there before. They come in a senate pod. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Wookiee Senators: Yarua, others. Since Yarua got a fair representation in the fan’s choice poll, why not make him along with his other Wookiee senator friends? They come in a senate pod. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.

TROOP BUILDER 4-PACKS
*Battle Droids. Includes blasters, blast effects, backpacks. Four regular, cream-colored battle droids. They have the ability to hold their guns with two hands. They each have a blast effect for their blaster, and a normal battle droid backpack. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, legs, knees.
*Security Battle Droids. Includes blasters. These are the same from the POTJ line, only in baggies. They have trim. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, legs, knees.
*Naboo Royal Guards. Includes blasters. This pack has two figures like Naboo Royal Security and two like Naboo Royal Guards. They will have different heads for troop building. The Royal Guards have new arms that can look normal no matter what position they’re in. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Naboo Pilots. Includes helmets. Just some run-of-the-mill Naboo pilots. With the body of Ric Olié but with different heads as well as cloth cape things. Their helmets are removable. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Coruscant Guards. Includes blasters. The same figure released in the POTJ line, but four of them. POA: same as before.
*Gungan Warriors. Includes two shields, two poles, four boomers, four boomer holders. The same figure from POTJ and in the new Gungan Accessory Pack. The shields are the same from the POTJ figure, and the poles are the same from Captain Tarpals. The boomers can be placed on the holders, and have holes so they can stay in place on the holders, which have pegs. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.

Whew! Episode II coming soon . . .

stillakid
02-23-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
so I'm more of a kid that plays with the Star Wars figues than I am a middle-aged mint carded collector.

Middle aged? :( I think theaverage age around here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=162979#post162979) is like 30 or so.

Tonysmo
02-23-2003, 03:34 AM
Couldnt you have summed that all up by asking Hasbro to give Star Wars figs the articulation of the 3 3/4 GI Joe figs?

I asked the guys from Hasbro that question at Celebration II. The response was less than desirable as they said Lucas, NOT Hasbro decides how the figures are made ( what type of plastic , etc ). Thus showing that the older Joes with seemingly better plastic and WAY better articulation are a Hasbro creation, and with the Star Wars line.. Lucas gets what he pays for.

Thats the way they explained it to me anyway.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-23-2003, 12:51 PM
Jeez Stillkid, it wasn't a personal slam or anything.:p

And no, Tonysmo, I made a list of what I want to see. It would be nice for them to make them, but they probably won't. But figures with a lot of articulation are already being made (Padmé Droid Factory, Anakin Secret Ceremony), so figures like the Obi-Wan I mentioned should be easy.:)

Jargo
02-24-2003, 09:11 PM
Hey, i'm 35 and still playing with the toys, not a damn thing carded in my collection! don't lump me with those middle aged mint carded collectors, those anonymous suits who live on nostalgia that's shrink wrapped hermeticly sealed.

I'm 35 and i play with my toys the same way i always have done. can't see the point in buying toys if you don't play with them.

BTW JJL, Gragra is a Gorg vendor not a Chuba vendor. Gorgs are the reptiles/amphibians that she sells and Chuba! is a rude word that Sebulba shouts at JJB. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-26-2003, 07:27 PM
That's fine EJ, I'm just saying, you know . . . I had to compare my status of collector with the opposite of me. I know there are some open collectors ages 0-100, same goes or carded.

I never knew about the gorg. Tomato tomaato, make the damn figure.:crazed:

OzOtter
03-03-2003, 05:03 PM
That's a great list JabbaJohn, but what about the Original Trilogy? :confused:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-04-2003, 05:40 PM
OzOtter, I'm just posting lists in order of movie. Episode II is next, then IV, V, and finally VI.:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Thought I'd forgotten, didn't ya? Well I didn't.
EPISODE II
CORUSCANT
*Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Detective. Includes two plastic cloaks - one standing, one sitting, lightsaber, Kamino saberdart, computer, seat. He can change cloaks for different purposes, because I like plastic cloaks more than cloth ones (most of the time). The computer has slides things like on microscopes that can simulate when he’s talking to the research droids. The computer can also light up when a button is pressed. The saberdart should be the right size, not the size of a person’s hand, more like the size of Pilot Obi-Wan’s binoculars. His lightsaber can clip into his belt. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, elbows (so he can put his hand to his mouth to think, as well as cross his arms), wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Yoda: Jedi Meditation. Includes meditation seat, cane, base. Yoda should be posed sitting down, I don’t care if he can’t get up, just so long as he looks good sitting down on the meditation seat, Jedi Council chair, and hover chair. He needs to be sitting cross-legged, not with his legs in front of him. The cane is the same one from the Padawan training 2-pack. His base is from the meditation scene, and it has a part where the holographic Obi-Wan from the Jedi Council screen scene an be placed. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist.
*Jar Jar Binks: Naboo Representative. From the picture on the 2002 Jar Jar’s card. He has cloth lower and outer robes so he can sit down. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, elbows (so he can put his hands together, and so he can put them behind his back), wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Padmé Amidala. Too many outfits to list, but make them all. I’ll list a few in a way they should be, but do whatever with all the others. ALL of them.
*Captain Typho: Security Guard. Includes helmet, blaster. In his blue costume that he wears in Padmé’s apartment and at the bus station. Nothing too fancy here, just make him look less mean on this figure. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs, knees.
*Kit Fisto: Jedi. Includes lightsaber, cloak. On this version, Kit is simply standing in a normal pose. His cloak is cloth, but not as huge as JSP Obi-Wan’s. He has tons of articulation so he can go into cool poses for battle scenes. But he can also look good in Palpatine’s office, with his hands by his side. His hand is like the one from Secret Ceremony Anakin - open, but not oddly - so he can look like he‘s pushing over C-3PO. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Luminara Unduli: Jedi. Includes lightsaber. She is neutral, like in Palpatine’s office. She can be posed for action scenes as well. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs.
*Barriss Offee: Jedi. Includes lightsaber. Neutral with her mouth CLOSED. She never opened it once! Her lightsaber needs to be blue, like it was in the movie. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs.
*Jocasta Nu: Jedi Librarian. Includes Count Dooku bust. She is just a neutral, normal figure. The Count Dooku bust is the one that Obi-Wan is looking at when Jocasta offers help, and it is on a base. POA: head, shoulders, waist.
*Jedi Padawans. Make all of the younglings that Yoda teaches, in two-packs like Ashla and Jempa. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
NABOO
*Anakin Skywalker: Naboo Disguise. Includes shawl, suitcases, bowl, crate. Just re-do the horror that is Anakin Outland Peasant Disguise. I liked the idea of a telescoping saber (but don‘t do any more with it), but for cripe’s sake he never had a saber in that costume. This new one should be the right size with no saber coming out of his arm. The crate is so he can sit down at the table on the ship with Padmé. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, elbows (to keep his arms down by his side and to be able to also have them on the table), waist, legs, knees.
*Padmé Amidala: Naboo Disguise. Includes head cover, table, bowl, crate. The head cover thing is so she can be from the “Encouraged to love” dinner scene and also from the walking to the palace and reliving her past scene. She should have cloth lower clothes so she can sit down. The table half is from the ship and it can connect to Anakin‘s piece, and the crate is so she can sit down. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, waist, legs, knees.
*Queen Jamila. Includes throne. She can stand up or sit down, due to her lower cloth robes. Nothing new here. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
*Sio Bibble: Theed Governor. Includes chair. He is able to stand up or sit down. Make him available this time, would you? POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
KAMINO
*Jango Fett: Kamino. In his light blue shirt where he meets Obi-Wan. No armor this time, we have enough helmets and blasters to go around. POA: head, shoulders, elbows (so he can touch his sleeves but also have his arms by his side), wrists, waist, legs.
*Clone Youth 2-pack. Includes training station. The kids can sit down at the station. There are connector things on either so multiples can be bought and a big teaching center can be made. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs, knees.
*Clone Trooper: Kamino Meal. Includes table, bench, bowl, plate, glass, utensils. This figure is in the red outfit. His table has small pegs for the items to be taken off of it. It has interlocking pieces on the sides and front, to make a large dinner scene with tons of clones. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
*Clone Trooper: Republic Warrior. Includes helmet, blaster, blast effect, bases. This clone has tons of articulation, as well as the ability to stand in a neutral marching or standing position. So, he’ll look good standing in line waiting for a helmet, marching on Kamino or Coruscant, and shooting on Geonosis. The blaster should be modeled after the one in the movie, not the dinky one in the past few clone figures. The blast effect is the long blue one from the preview figure. His head should look like the one from the clone with speeder bike, but with more mobility. And his eyes shouldn’t be red. He will be released in different colors: white, red, yellow, green, and blue. He has two small bases: Kamino and Geonosis. They can connect with other trooper’s bases to make big marching and shooting scenes. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees (like Bespin Luke).
*Kaminoan Civilians. Two simple Kaminoans, one in a mostly black outfit, the other in mostly blue. Make them the correct height, too. One is a man and the other is a woman. POA: shoulders, legs.
GEONOSIS
*Anakin Skywalker: Droid Factory Chase. Includes lightsaber, cloak, assembly line piece. The Secret Ceremony Anakin is amazing, but we need a neutral Anakin with a normal cloak and hand. He can hold the saber with two hands. The assembly piece has an arm on it, but it can break off. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Obi-Wan Kenobi: Geonosis. Includes lightsaber, battle damage, energy prison, feet binders. He can hold a lightsaber with two hands finally. The lightsaber he has is the one he has in the arena (like Shaak Ti’s), but it is metal. He has a magnet in his hand for Force action. He has broken binders on his wrists, like in the movie. And just like on the Commtech stormtrooper, when ice is touched to his arm and leg, battle damage appears. Those kinds of things are really cool. He can not only be posed in battle, but in pain (with no weird faces though - no smiles, but maybe kind of mad, but base it on the movie). The energy prison has a clear rod coming out of it, and it can connect to a small hole in Obi-Wan’s back. The top and bottom piece of the prison have blue effects coming from them, and clear rods on either side connect them. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows (so he can hold the saber with two hands, and hold his arm and leg in pain), wrists, waist, legs, knees, ankles.
*Yoda: Hangar Duel. Includes column, supporters, rocks, light. Make him in a pose that looks like he’s lifting something, and could also look like his kung-fu pose. This figure will have to be deluxe, because the big ol’ column should be very big, if it can’t be to scale. Perhaps it could have a button on a base it’s connected to, to make it topple over. Clear supporters can be attached to it to simulate it floating above Anakin and Obi-Wan. The rocks and light that Dooku throws at Yoda can also be placed on the supporters. Perhaps Yoda could have a magnet in his front (but a VERY hidden one) and it could push over the rocks or light, due to a magnet in the stand (maybe hidden as a small rock formation on the floor). POA: head, shoulders.
*Mace Windu: Jedi Master. Includes lightsaber, base, cloaks, fire effect. This Mace has tons of articulation, so he can look good while standing normal or in action poses. Especially so he can hold the saber at Jango’s neck. His face should be based off how it was in that scene, not smiling or screaming. His arms have the cloak sleeves molded on, and he has one neutral cloak, and a billowing one. The fire effect can be attached to it, so he can look like he did when he was falling off the balcony. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees, feet.
*Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter. Includes helmet, jetpack, poncho, blaster, flying effect, pop-out claws, grappling hook. He is just neutrally posed, standing there, but with his legs apart a bit (like in the scene where Mace looks at his back while on the balcony). His right arm should be posed so he can hold his helmet like in the arena. His head should be normal-sized, just like Pilot Jango, but with no headset. His helmet doesn’t need to be able to fit on his head, just make it look good. The jetpack is from Geonosis and needs to have little holes so the effect from the new Pit of Carkoon Boba Fett can fit on them, so we can give the jetpack to other Jangos with the helmet already on and he can look like he’s flying. The poncho is black, like the one from the deleted scene where Padmé is on trial. And in case you’re blind, he only has one blaster on Geonosis, so only give him one instead of two. He has a holster for it. And even though he doesn’t use the claws on Geonosis, there needs to be one with them. Also, if he has the claws, he needs a better grappling hook. How about, it is connected to a small gray object. It comes out of his arm, like on Droid Factory R2-D2, but use no gimmick to let it come out. It can somehow also completely detach from his arm. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows (so he can hold his helmet and also put his arms on his poncho like in the deleted scene), wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Boba Fett: Geonosis. Includes helmet, battle droid pieces, base. Mainly from the scene where he holds Jango’s helmet, but can also be for anything else. This time, he shouldn’t have the clone markings on his arms, because he doesn’t have them. The battle droid pieces are to put around the arena, and the base is so he doesn’t fall over. It should look like sand. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, elbows (so he can hold the helmet or keep his arms down by his side), waist, legs, knees.
*Pablo-Jill: Jedi Master. Includes lightsaber, blast deflection effect, base. Give him lots of articulation so he can hold his lightsaber like he does when he’s igniting it, and also be neutral. The blast deflection effect is what it is, nothing new. His base is like Barriss Offee’s, it looks like the arena floor, and can connect to her base. POA: head, shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Bultar Swan: Jedi Master. Includes lightsaber, base. The Asian lady Jedi. Her base is like the one I described above. POA: head, shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, legs, knees.
*Agen Kolar: Jedi Master. Includes lightsaber, Geonosian warrior, base. He can be posed kicking (see POA), and the base, like deluxe Yoda’s, can make him move around and twirl, knocking over the Geonosian like in the movie. He can also be posed normally as well as in other poses. He has a normal expression, not mad like Eeth Koth. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs (normal range of movement), thighs, knees.
*Jedi from the Battle of Geonosis. Get the ones from the survivor’s circle done (the Weequay, the Klatooinian, the black male human). I just couldn’t remember all their names. The can be posed holding their sabers with two hands, and can stand normal
*Battle Droid: Droid Factory. Includes blaster, backpack, assembly line piece. This battle droid is articulated like the one from the accessory pack, just with a backpack. His head can come off, just make it sturdier than the C-3PO pack one. His assembly line piece is just like Padmé’s. POA: head (removable), shoulders, elbows, legs, knees.
*Geonosian Warrior: Droid Factory. Includes sonic blaster, assembly line piece. This Geonosian can hold the blaster and keep his hands normal. This time, make the blaster look like the one from the movie, and paint the Geonosian the right color: BROWN! His piece has an arm, like Anakin’s. POA: head, wings, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs.
*Geonosian Picador. Includes pike, whip, Orray, chariot. This one has no wings, but a fancy skirt like the picadors have. The pike is like the one that Acklay Battle Obi-Wan has, just all plastic. The chariot can hold Anakin and Padmé, or just the picador. The chariot can be removed, so the picador can ride on the Orray’s back. The whip is the one that he uses right before Anakin and Padmé go out to the arena. POA: Picador - head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees. Orray - legs.
SCREEN SCENES
*Naboo Picnic: Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Amidala, a shaak. Anakin is posed riding a shaak, but also has tons of articulation, should he wish to stop riding a shaak. Padmé should have cloth lower clothes, so she can sit down. It also has a blanket with food etc. and grass around it. POA: Anakin - head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball-joint), waist, legs, knees (so he can also sit down cross legged). Padmé - head, shoulders, waist, legs, knees. Shaak - legs.
*The Naberrie Family: Ruwee, Jobal, Sola. Includes table, chairs, platter. Padmé’s family members from the cut scene. They should be able to stand as well as sit at the table. There should also be empty chairs for Anakin and Padmé (sold separately), as well as more unoccupied chairs. The platter is the thing that Jobal is holding when Anakin and Padmé come in for the first time. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Chancellor’s Pod: Chancellor Palpatine, Mas Amedda, Sly Moore. Palpatine should be in the costume from the scene where he’s getting supreme powers. Mas Amedda should be taller than the POTJ version of him. The figures can be replaced with other figures from Episode I. They come in the Chancellor’s pod. POA: Palpatine, Mas - head, shoulders, waist. Sly - head.
*Aqualish Senators. From the voting of whether or not Palpatine should get powers. They should be articulated where they can give a “no” gesture but also be neutral. They come in a senate pod. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
*Prisoners on Geonosis: Padmé, Anakin, Obi-Wan. Includes binders, columns, chains. From the arena. Padmé has a ripped shirt. Anakin and Obi-Wan are neutral, but can go in different poses. Only Padmé and Anakin have column tops and bottoms, and Obi-Wan has a broken one in two pieces on the ground. This way, the third and fourth columns can be made to go along with the ones from the arena playset. POA: head, shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, waist, legs.

jedi master sal
05-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Great lists. I wish I had the time to compose lists like these.

Here's my thoughts, (from a 33yo opener/army builder)

Hasbro has stated that it is the kids who keep this line going. What a load of bunk. Yes there are those rare few like Mr. JabbaJohnL here, but that is not the majority. I have also been a collector from the begining. I still love those vintage toys even if they don't have the articulation of detail. They were fun. I would have stopped collecting them if they would have had all these idiotic action features like the ones of today.

How many times do we have to say: Plain and simple!

Lots of articulation, Good sculpt (But it doesn't have to be so over the top that it costs to much to make), Accessories!

NO ACTION FEATURES.

You, Hasbro, are taking away the ability for children to think and imagine for themselves. I played for hours on end as a kid. With no thought of action features. I made my figures do everything. Okay so they couldn't sit down the way I wanted them to but I improvised!. You, Hasbro, have the ability to make figures that can sit and bend at the knees without loss of detail and at only of a fraction of the cost higher. But if you take away those GAWD AWFUL action features you can put some of that money into the figures that we WANT. The collectors or 20+ years will still collect and the kids of today will continue to buy figures to the point that they become the collectors of the future.

Gees, for once I wish this wouldn't fall on deaf ears. I DARE someone official from Hasbro to e-mail me. Someone who works for this specific line in the company who can speak for the company. I think they are scared to or as many others say they just don't give a DA**.
Lucas should wisen up himself. His saga is coming to a close. If he wants to see profits from this in the long term he should wisen up to the fans that have bought and payed for his life. He can rest easy on the fat load of bills that he's made off of all of us. I don't think he really cares either. If so, he'd consider not only the toy requests but the movie script requests as well.

Okay, I've ranted enough for today. Please, Mr. JabbaJohnL, continue with your great WANTS list. And Hasbro, listen up, this "kid" has some really good ideas here!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Oh, and in case you haven't figures it out by now, "POA" stands for Points Of Articulation. :)

CloneTrooperMace
06-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Hey, i'm 35 and still playing with the toys, not a damn thing carded in my collection

I know a lot of geek that do the same thing.

El Chuxter
06-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Hasbro, here's the thoughts of a five-year old, courtesy of my future nephew (and slightly rephrased by an adult):

"It takes too long to get these things out of the boxes with all those stupid twist-ties. I'd rather play with my He-Man figures, since all I have to do is tear the package open."

Jedi Leanne
06-20-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Go for the jugular JabbaJohnl. I'm right behind you. :evil: sock it to 'em good style.

I take it you're not a fan of action features? lol! :D

Kidhuman
06-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Mr. Jabba, that is a really good list. Like JMS I wish I had time to make a list like that.

ANd JMS, I too agree that it is the collectors that keep it going, not the kids. Sure there are a few of them that do collect, but thew are not completists like the collectors.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Well, I collect these, but like I said I also like to mess around with these, and make dioramas. And since they're always saying, "This line's for the kids," well am I young enough for you? Anyway, my six-year old cousin and I were looking at them, and he didn't care much for the action features. Hmm . . .

OC47150
07-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Good lists, JabbaJohnL.

I've stated several times that Hasbro needs to release a basic figure with an accessory set, along the lines of the Target accessory sets. For example, Tatooine Luke would come with: poncho, floppy hat, binos, rifle, tools for the garage, cup for the cantina, stormtrooper accessory belt, light saber, grappling hook, Imp blaster (or 2). I'd pay $10 for all that.

Of course, we already have all these accessories but had to buy three or four Lukes to get them all.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-14-2003, 07:04 PM
It's been a while, but here it is.
EPISODE IV
TANTIVE IV
*Princess Leia: Tantive IV. Includes sporting blaster. This Leia is just a rerelease (or a new sculpt, whichever is fine) of the impossible-to-find COMMTech version. Nothing is different, only she should be more available. POA: same as now.
TATOOINE
*Uncle Owen Lars: Moisture Farmer. Includes jawa. This Owen is neutral, with no “pull-my-finger” pose. The jawa is much like the one with the gonk droid, well, there doesn’t need to be any change. POA: Owen - head (left/right, up/down), shoulders, waist, legs. Jawa - same as now.
*R5-D4 and Jawa: Tatooine Sandcrawler. Since the first R5-D4 really, really sucked, a new one sorely needs to be made. There can never be enough jawas, so include another jawa from the gonk 2-pack. R5’s body is the same as other droids, like R4-M9 and R3-T7, with a third leg. POA: head, shoulders, legs. Jawa - same as now.
*Baniss Keeg. Includes blaster. The other Duro, so Ellorrs can have a buddy to hang out with. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs, knees.
*Bom Vimdin. Includes cantina table. One of the coolest aliens of all. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Brainiac. Just so creepy he’s cool. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Dice Ibegon. Includes cantina table. POA: whatever her body looks like, I don’t know, but put a wire in her head so she can move a bit.
*Elis Helrot. The creepy Givin guy who looks like a skeleton. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Feltipern Trevagg: Bounty Hunter. Everyone needs a Gotal! He has a lot of screen time and he looks really cool. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Hem Dazon. No cantina is complete without the first alien seen! POA: ???
*The Tonnika Sisters. Includes pipe. *Sigh* I can dream can’t I? POA: nowhere cause they’ll never be made.
*M’iiyoom Onith. The green lady with the odd head that I’m not sure where everything is on her. POA: ???
*Melas. Includes pipe. The cool guy with Ketwol’s head back for his own (he replaced the other wolfman). POA: head, shoulders, elbow (to hold pipe to mouth), waist, legs, knees.
*Myo. Yet another really creepy cantina dude. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs, knees.
*Solomahal. The odd human-dog-mouse guy-thing. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Trinto Duaba. The cloaked white-faced man. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs, knees.
*Tzizvvt. The bug guy. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Wioslea: Landspeeder Salesman. Includes cloak. This is the guy that Luke sells his speeder to, he’s dressed like a Jedi. His cloak and lower robes are cloth, so he can fit in the landspeeder. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
MILLENNIUM FALCON
*Han Solo: Millennium Falcon Pilot. Includes headset, blaster, holster, interchangeable gloves/hands. If a proper Falcon is ever made, he is the figure to pilot it. His headset should be very thin, not like the Clone Wars Anakin figure’s headset. His hands can pop off to make way for the gloved hands. The blaster is the regular old Han Solo blaster. POA: head (left/right, up/down), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Chewbacca: Millennium Falcon Co-Pilot. Includes headset, bowcaster. The headset is, a little bit bigger than Han’s, but still thin. Hid bowcaster has a strap so he can wear it on his back. He can hold it with two hands. POA: head (left/right, up/down), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Luke Skywalker: Lightsaber Training. Includes lightsaber, hilt, headset, blaster, training remote, poncho, stormtrooper belt. This is the last Tatooine Luke, provided you don’t mess it up. He can hold the one-piece lightsaber with two hands, same with the Imperial blaster. The hilt can be clipped onto his belt. The headset is the same as Han’s. The training remote is on a clear stand to simulate levitation. His poncho is cloth. The belt is removable with a holster, and it should be better-looking than the accessory pack version. POA: head (left/right, up/down), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi: Lightsaber Training. Includes lightsaber, hilt, cloak, blast shield helmet. Obi-Wan’s lower robe needs to be cloth, so he can sit down. The cloak is cloth as well, so he can battle Vader or train Luke, or anything, really. The hilt can clip to his belt. POA: head (left/right, up/down), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
DEATH STAR
*Luke Skywalker: Death Star Rescue. Includes helmet, blasters, holster, comlinks. This Luke is in his stormtrooper outfit, but he’s in scale and not screaming. Base his body off that of the COMMTech stormtrooper, but make it shorter. His helmet needs to be the same as the COMMTech stormtrooper. Of course, he doesn’t have the detonator on his back. His small blaster fits in his holster, and the long blaster can simply be carried. Both blasters can be held with two hands. He has one conlink for himself, and one for C-3PO. POA: head, shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Han Solo: Death Star Rescue. Includes helmet, blasters, holster, binders. Han is in his stormtrooper disguise, with a regular expression. His body should be basically the same as the Luke I described above, but maybe a bit taller. I don’t remember if Han had the detonator still or not, but you should be able to figure that out. His blasters and holster are like I described above. The binders are for Chewbacca, but they can’t fit properly. POA: head, shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Stormtrooper: Death Star Battle. Includes blaster, blast effect, mouse droid, base. The COMMTech stormtrooper is great and all, but it can’t hold a blaster with two hands. It needs to be able to do it this time, and to stand at attention. The base is of the Death Star, and it can connect to the bases of other stormtroopers’ bases. So far, all the mouse droids have been either kinda big or frickin’ HUGE, so at least try to make this one the right size, okay? POA: head (left/right, up/down), shoulders, elbows (ball-joint), wrists, waist, legs, knees (ball-joint).
*Grand Moff Tarkin: Imperial Meeting. Includes chair, table section. The first version was pretty good, but I know you can do better now. The table piece connects to other pieces to make the whole thing. Tarkin can be seated or standing with is hands behind his back. POA: head, shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, waist, legs, knees.
*General Tagge: Imperial Meeting. Includes chair, table section. The guy with the bowl cut and sideburns. The table piece connects to other pieces to make the whole thing. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
*Admiral Motti: Imperial Meeting. Includes chair, table section. This figure was really hard to find the first time. Make a new sculpt this time. He can be posed holding his throat, but make his face normal. He has the same chair/table combo as Tagge. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
*Imperial Navy Commander: Death Star Trooper. Includes blaster, holster. This time, he isn’t running somewhere, and his helmet doesn’t come off to reveal a tiny head. Instead, he can be posed at attention, with his hands behind his back, as well as in other poses. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs.
SCREEN SCENES
*Modal Nodes 1 & 2. All six figures, with their instruments, and in poses for their instruments. POA: whatever necessary to hold their instruments.
TROOP BUILDER 3-PACKS
TROOP BUILDER 3-PACKS
*Stormtroopers. Includes rifles. Make these three from the classic picture. POA: whatever is fine.

OC47150
08-15-2003, 08:39 AM
Good suggestions. I really want to see more cantina aliens.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Oh God, I forgot the pilots! Biggs needs to be redone with a proper helmet, and all the other pilots need to be made too.

EDIT: I also forgot the extra cantina sets. Enjoy!
CANTINA PACKS
*Dannik Jerriko. Includes rounded cantina bar section part 1, pipe, and glasses. Connects to the bar pieces included with Greedo, Ponda, Kitik, etc. POA: head, shoulders, elbows (for holding the pipe and leaning against the bar), waist, legs.
*Reegesk and Rycar Ryjerd. Includes rounded cantina bar section 2 and glasses. Finishes off the cantina bar, connects to Dannik Jerriko and the others. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Yerka Mig. Includes cantina drink dispenser piece 1. He’s the one in the black jacket with white stripes. Perhaps the only really cool cantina human (from the “Sorry about the mess” scene). The drink dispenser part replaces the cardboard pieces and connects into the slots on the back of Ponda and Kitik’s bar sections. POA: head, shoulders, elbows (to lean on bar), waist, legs.
*Hrchek and Sai’torr Kal Fas. Includes cantina drink dispenser piece 2. Include the two in a pack, if you can fit two library droids on a card you can fit two Saurins in one as well. POA: head, shoulders, elbows (to lean against the bar), waist, legs.
*Bo’Shek. Includes helmet, blaster, cantina drink dispenser piece 3. You already made him, but he was very hard to come by. He was fine as he already is. POA: same as now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Even though, apparently, nobody is reading this thread anymore, Hasbro should still be. :p Here:
EPISODE V
HOTH
*Luke Skywalker: Snowspeeder Pilot. Includes lightsaber, ascension gun, bomb. This version has the correct helmet with visor. The ascension gun is kind of like the one from the Queen Amidala figure, but with a small suction cup on the end. The bomb is so he can destroy the AT-AT. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, legs, knees.
*R2-D2: Hoth Rebel Base. Includes pop-up scanner. When one of the things on R2’s head is pressed, the scanner on his head pops up. If one of the blue panels has to be manually removed, so be it, but it would be nice if it could just flip back. If possible, he has a third leg. Make this one not look like complete crap for a change, huh? POA: head, shoulders, feet.
*Wedge Antilles: Snowspeeder Pilot. Includes helmet, blaster. Use the body of Snowspeeder Luke, the head of Wedge and bam, instant Wedge figure. The blaster is the standard Rebel blaster. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Snowspeeder Pilots. Includes helmet, blaster. All of the featured ones - Dack, Zev (Rogue 2), Jansen, etc. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*General Veers: AT-AT Commander. Includes helmet, armor, hat, holographic Darth Vader. This figure can represent Veers while in the AT-AT or in his regular uniform. The holographic Vader should be the correct size. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Deck Officer: Hoth Rebel Base. A joe schmoe in the same costume Luke wears on Hoth. I guess, just reuse Luke’s body, but add a new head. POA: same as now.
*Major Derlin: Hoth Rebel Base. Same as the deck officer, but with a different head. Maybe make him a little shorter, but if not that’s okay. POA: same as now.
*Torryn Farr: Hoth Rebel Base. Includes chair, readout screen. The lady that tells the ion cannon to fire, or something like that. The screen is like the one the new General Rieekan comes with. POA: head, shoulders. waist, legs, knees.
STAR DESTROYERS
*Darth Vader: Meditation. Includes removable helmet/mask, Emperor Palpatine holographic head. This figure needs to be deluxe, or even a screen scene, to get the Palpatine head the right size. Vader has knee articulation and a cloth cape so he can kneel. He has the same head as the Throne Room Duel Vader, but with a two-piece removable helmet, not one. The Emperor head needs to be modeled after Ian McDiarmid, even though the chimp-eyed old lady played him in that scene (which will probably be changed anyway). POA: head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Admiral Ozzel: Imperial Officer. Includes base. The officer with the mustache, who is killed by Vader. He needs to stand at attention. The base is of the Star Destroyer bridge. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs.
*Admiral Piett: Imperial Officer. Includes base. The Captain Piett figure was pretty good, but couldn’t stand at attention. I don’t know if there are any differences in costumes from being a captain or admiral, but oh well. The base is the same as Ozzel’s. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
*Captain Needa: Imperial Officer. Includes base. “Apology accepted, Captain Needa.” The other officer killed by Vader, the one who kinda looks like the wacky French Stewart. He needs to stand at attention. The base is the same as Ozzel’s and Piett’s, and they can connect. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs.
DAGOBAH
*Luke Skywalker and Yoda: Dagobah Training. Includes backpack, Luke’s lightsaber, blaster, Yoda’s cane, snake, lizard, rocks, base. Yoda can snugly fit into the pack without it being huge. He also has cloth bottoms and real legs. Luke has a magnet in his hand for Force action for the saber and blaster. Make the Yoda figure the best Yoda of all, and the Luke up to the standards of Bespin Luke (but no buttons or features [except for Force action]). The base is of the ground of Dagobah. POA: Luke - head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows (so he can hold the backpack straps), waist, wrists, legs, knees (like Bespin Luke). Yoda - head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, legs.
*Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi: Jedi Spirit. Includes base. This version should be somewhat poseable. It should be a regular-sculpted Obi-Wan, with a thin blue covering around it. The base connects to Luke’s. POA: head, shoulders, elbows.
BESPIN
*Han Solo: Bespin Torture Chamber. Includes torture rack, blaster. The only thing wrong with the 2001 Han Solo Bespin Capture figure was the absence of the torture rack. On this version, give him a face that looks like he’s about to get tortured. But not screaming! He can be lowered onto the rack due to hinges on it. The torture rack makes sounds and lights up at the press of a small button (like last year’s deluxe Jango). POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs.
*Princess Leia Organa: Bespin Gown. Includes ugnaught. This time, make the dress all plastic. Really make this figure look good. The ugnaught is just for the sake of having more ugnaughts. POA: Leia - head, shoulders, waist, legs. Ugnaught - head, shoulders, waist.
*Lobot: Lando’s Aide. Includes base. The first Lobot was okay, but he was too action-posed. His base is just a run-of-the-mill base that comes with R-3PO. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Bespin Guard: Cloud City Protector. Includes hat, baton, blaster, handcuffs. The POTJ version was great, but I don’t recall any Asian-looking guards. This one should be released with four variations: clean-shaven white and black simultaneously, then later with mustaches. The body can be the same as the POTJ version. POA: same as now.
*Bespin Pilot: Cloud Car Driver. Includes twin-pod cloud car. Hehehe . . .
MEDICAL FRIGATE
*Luke Skywalker: Medical Frigate. Includes mechanical arm, connector piece, base. This Luke is very similar to his costume on Tatooine, but not exactly the same. His hand can come off, and the mechanical thing that connects his hand to his arm can come off too. He has articulation to put his arm around Leia. Plus just a run-of-the-mill base. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs.
*Princess Leia Organa: Medical Frigate. Includes base. She’s in the original ANH costume with her hair in a bun. Nothing spectacular. Her base connects to Luke’s. POA: head, shoulders, waist.
*Lando Calrissian: Millennium Falcon Pilot. Includes blaster. Use the head from Bespin Escape Lando, and put it on a new sculpt of Han’s clothes. The flap at the top is closed (maybe rerelease this figure with Han’s head and a medal for ANH, and a red stripe, but I forgot to mention it). POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
SCREEN SCENES
*Imperial Officer Holograms. I don’t remember who they are, but I like the scene nonetheless. They should be made from the blue stuff. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
TROOP BUILDER 3-PACKS
*Snowtroopers. Includes rifles. Three snowtroopers, but not commanders like the new one. POA: whatever is fine.

Dr Zoltar
08-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Well I'm still reading this thread. :D That's quite a list. You've got some really good ideas in there.

Kidhuman
08-27-2003, 08:17 PM
Quite a list Mr JJL. I think you should go intern at Hasbro. Sounds like you would make alot of us happy.

OC47150
08-28-2003, 08:52 AM
Great suggestions, Mr. JJL!

darthzirock
09-03-2003, 03:29 AM
JJL, we're reading it, we're liking it, and we're eagerly awaiting you to get your ROTJ list done!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Holy crap, I won't be 13 for much longer so I figured I better finish this thing off. Here goes:

BASIC FIGURES
STAR DESTROYERS
*Moff Jerjerrod: Imperial Officer. Includes base. He can stand at attention, and other stuff too. His base is the same as this year’s Imperial Dignitaries’. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs.
*Imperial Dignitary. Includes base. The other three guys that hang around Palpatine. The ones this fall look awesome, now just finish them off (or at least the vintage one). POA: same as now.
TATOOINE
*C-3PO: Jabba’s Interpreter. Includes pop-out eye, Salacious Crumb. This C-3PO should have a bit of green muck painted on him. When the thing on the back of his head is pressed, his eye pops out (but is connected by wires). Salacious Crumb should be sitting. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*2-1A: Jabba’s Previous Translator. Includes torture device. This droid needs to really be messed up, being pulled apart and all that. Maybe the torture device could move a bit. POA: head, shoulders.
*Ak-Rev and Umpass-Stay: Jabba’s Drummers. Incudes drum, drumsticks. Now with Rappertunie on the way, you can finally finish the damn Rebo band. They need lots of articulation to beat the drums, but no “drum-playing” action. The drum needs to be huge, maybe this would be better as a screen scene (as opposed to a deluxe set). POA: both - head, shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Arica/Jess/Mara Jade. Whatever the hell her name is. Just make it. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*BG-J38. The buggy-looking droid. POA: head, shoulders, legs.
*Cane Adiss. This two-headed giraffe thing is barely in the film, if at all. Nevertheless, he looks cool as hell and needs to be a figure. POA: I have no idea what his body looks like!
*Sergeant Doallyn: Jabba’s Palace. Includes blaster. He’s the helmeted guy who gets thrown down by Chewie when he and Leia enter. With the weirdest line in the whole saga! POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees.
*Fozec: Jabba’s Sail Barge. He has that thing over his head, I don’t know how to describe him. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Geezum: Jabba’s Sail Barge. Includes cup. He’s the same species as Zutton, so his head can be reused, but paint nostrils on him this time. He has a bandolier thing. POA: head, shoulders, waist, knees.
*Giran: Rancor Keeper. He’s the other Rancor keeper, the alien one. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, legs, knees.
*Harc Seff: Jabba’s Palace. The Ishi Tib that was actually in the movie. Use the old head but make a new body. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Hermi Odle: Jabba’s Palace. The other huge guy in Jabba’s palace besides Ephant Mon. He looks like there’s blood coming out from his mouth, or he has a fat lip. Spend the time and effort you did on Ephant Mon, and this’ll be a great figure. POA: whatever is fine.
*Herat & Kalit: Jabba’s Palace. Includes leaf, base. Even though these guys are enemies, there is no such thing as too many Jawas. Herat is the one fanning off Jabba with the large leaf, and Kalit has a base of the Rancor pit’s grate. POA: head, shoulders, wrists, waist, legs.
*Yarna D’al Gargan: Jabba’s Dancer. Includes base, Attark. Come on, for Jargo’s sake. ;) Make her really something great. The base is of the Rancor pit’s grate, and it can connect to Herat & Kalit’s. Attark is a pack-in because he’s so small. POA: Yarna - head, shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, waist, legs. Attark - legs.
ENDOR
*Luke Skywalker: The Battle of Endor. Includes lightsaber, poncho, helmet, binders. Since the Throne Room Duel Luke really, really sucks, here is what you should do for a correct Endor/Death Star II Luke. His lightsaber should be the same as next year’s Jabba’s Palace figure. The poncho and helmet are removable. Once they are removed, he is in his Death Star II costume, complete with movable flap (made from light plastic/rubber). The binders are the ones the Emperor takes off with the Force. How’s about putting the glove on the right hand for once, huh? Not only can he hold his saber with two hands, stand with his hands in the binders, and lean over his dad, but he can ride the speeder bike in the scout trooper described below. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows (like Throne Room Duel’s, but sturdier), waist, legs, knees (like Bespin Duel’s).
*Lando Calrissian: The Battle of Endor. Includes blaster, removable cloth cape. The original Lando in General’s Gear was not able to sit down without his legs really far apart. The cape needs to be removable and cloth, because he doesn’t have it when he pilots the Falcon but needs it nevertheless. The blaster can be the one from his chest holster. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Emperor Palpatine: Galactic Ruler. Includes cane, chair, Force lightning. The Emperor that is out now has a hood that’s nine sizes too big - you shouldn’t be able to see his scalp or his ears. Fix that on this version. His robe is cloth, so he can stand up or sit down. Make his hands so that he can rest them on the chair, but not look like a doof when he holds his cane. The Force lightning should be like Geonosian Escape Darth Tyranus’s, but not having to wrap around his arm. POA: head, shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Ewoks. All of them. Romba, Warok, Lumat, Chief Chirpa, ALL of them!!! POA: head, shoulders, legs.
*Scout Trooper: The Battle of Endor. Includes blaster, speeder bike. The speeder bike should be like the clone trooper version, but with a bag thing on the back of it. The scout needs to be able to sit on it, unlike the POTJ version. He can also stand in a regular pose. The blaster fits on his ankle holster. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*General Madine: Rebel Tactician. Includes baton, base. This figure is seriously long overdue. He’s one of the only figures from the vintage line to not yet be produced in the modern one. The baton is like the one the Mon Mothma figure has, and the base is just a regular one. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs.
*Endor Rebel Soldier: Imperial Disguise. Includes helmet, blaster, base. This figure was on one of the Fan’s Choice polls, but I’d really like to see him get made. He could even use the same body as the scout trooper I described above, but obviously with a head and helmet. The base is of the Endor ground, with grass and sticks and stuff. Maybe include more bases like this in with some of the ewoks. POA: same as the scout trooper (maybe no up/down head).

There you have it. On this list, I had several figures I ended up deleting because Hasbro made them in the spring 2004 wave. So good job, you're reading my mind. :D

darthzirock
11-24-2003, 03:31 AM
I'd add Oola to the Jabba's Palace line. Really, they can reuse the head of the first version, just give her more articulation--she's dancer, not a statue!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-19-2004, 06:07 PM
If I can dig up this old thread for a while . . .
Hasbro has actually made some of the figures from my lists. Not a lot, and not exactly, but it's still a start. I know they probably didn't base them off of what I said, but it's still pretty cool. Just for reference, here's some I described that have been made (in one way or another):

*Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi: Lightsaber Training. Includes lightsaber, hilt, cloak, blast shield helmet. Obi-Wan’s lower robe needs to be cloth, so he can sit down. The cloak is cloth as well, so he can battle Vader or train Luke, or anything, really. The hilt can clip to his belt. POA: head (left/right, up/down), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Admiral Ozzel: Imperial Officer. Includes base. The officer with the mustache, who is killed by Vader. He needs to stand at attention. The base is of the Star Destroyer bridge. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs.
*Luke Skywalker and Yoda: Dagobah Training. Includes backpack, Luke’s lightsaber, blaster, Yoda’s cane, snake, lizard, rocks, base. Yoda can snugly fit into the pack without it being huge. He also has cloth bottoms and real legs. Luke has a magnet in his hand for Force action for the saber and blaster. Make the Yoda figure the best Yoda of all, and the Luke up to the standards of Bespin Luke (but no buttons or features [except for Force action]). The base is of the ground of Dagobah. POA: Luke - head (up/down, left/right), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows (so he can hold the backpack straps), waist, wrists, legs, knees (like Bespin Luke). Yoda - head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, legs.
*Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi: Jedi Spirit. Includes base. This version should be somewhat poseable. It should be a regular-sculpted Obi-Wan, with a thin blue covering around it. The base connects to Luke’s. POA: head, shoulders, elbows.
*Princess Leia Organa: Bespin Gown. Includes ugnaught. This time, make the dress all plastic. Really make this figure look good. The ugnaught is just for the sake of having more ugnaughts. POA: Leia - head, shoulders, waist, legs. Ugnaught - head, shoulders, waist. Note - coming without ugnaught.
*Lobot: Lando’s Aide. Includes base. The first Lobot was okay, but he was too action-posed. His base is just a run-of-the-mill base that comes with R-3PO. POA: head, shoulders, waist, legs.
*Bespin Pilot: Cloud Car Driver. Includes twin-pod cloud car. Hehehe . . .
*Lando Calrissian: The Battle of Endor. Includes blaster, removable cloth cape. The original Lando in General’s Gear was not able to sit down without his legs really far apart. The cape needs to be removable and cloth, because he doesn’t have it when he pilots the Falcon but needs it nevertheless. The blaster can be the one from his chest holster. POA: head (up/down, left/right), shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees.
*Ewoks. All of them. Romba, Warok, Lumat, Chief Chirpa, ALL of them!!! POA: head, shoulders, legs. Note - just one for now.
*General Madine: Rebel Tactician. Includes baton, base. This figure is seriously long overdue. He’s one of the only figures from the vintage line to not yet be produced in the modern one. The baton is like the one the Mon Mothma figure has, and the base is just a regular one. POA: head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs.

Ten figures that now have been made from my list. Wow, that's great! Just keep doing what you're doing and everything will be fine. ;)

El Chuxter
01-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Hasbro, here's the thoughts of a five-year old, courtesy of my future nephew (and slightly rephrased by an adult):

"It takes too long to get these things out of the boxes with all those stupid twist-ties. I'd rather play with my He-Man figures, since all I have to do is tear the package open."

You know what's scary?

I not only don't recall posting that, but I have no idea who I was talking about.

bobafrett
01-12-2007, 08:35 AM
You know what's scary?

I not only don't recall posting that, but I have no idea who I was talking about.

I do that all the time, not to worry, it's old age setting in!

bobafrett
01-12-2007, 08:36 AM

You know what's scary?

jedi master sal
01-12-2007, 09:20 AM
You know what's scary?

jedi master sal
01-12-2007, 09:20 AM

You know what's scary?

Kidhuman
01-12-2007, 09:46 AM
You know what's scary?

Kidhuman
01-12-2007, 09:46 AM

You know what's scary?

Rogue II
01-12-2007, 10:30 AM

Rogue II
01-12-2007, 10:31 AM

You know what's scary?

El Chuxter
01-12-2007, 10:51 AM
This is exactly why I don't read the news anymore. It's just too depressing.

El Chuxter
01-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm excited. I'll wager Newsbot is excited, too.

Rogue II
01-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Awesome. I don't understand why every home doesn't have one.

Jargo
01-12-2007, 11:28 AM
dear god this thread is four years old. oh and I still open my figures and play with them. only i buy them loose on ebay these days.

El Chuxter
01-12-2007, 11:33 AM
CaptainSolo1138 plays with his Grimlock and Batman figures a little too much.

Jargo
01-12-2007, 11:51 AM
you sure that's what he's playing with....

bobafrett
01-12-2007, 03:42 PM
That's what he tells us.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Way to hijack my thread, you old coots.

Oddly, I've been using this thread to get ideas for my list in Chux's "if you ran things" thread. Turns out I don't really want another young Boba Fett, or 87 different Yoda variations. :D

jedi master sal
01-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Way to hijack my thread, you old coots.

Oddly, I've been using this thread to get ideas for my list in Chux's "if you ran things" thread. Turns out I don't really want another young Boba Fett, or 87 different Yoda variations. :D

Whose the old coot. The coot, or the coot who follows him?