PDA

View Full Version : Gungans vs. Battle Droids

Gungan Warrior
01-05-2003, 08:16 PM
Since the Gungans have upgraded extremely since episode 2 who would win in a second battle against the droids in hand to hand combat?

DarkArtist
01-05-2003, 08:45 PM
Had no idea that the gunguns upgraded. Still the Battle Droid would slaughter them.

Gungan Warrior
01-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Yeah if you read the expanded universe on www.starwars.com you'll se they have expanded. they not only just live on Naboo. So you're telling me in a hand to hand combat fight the Droids would win. You must have not seen Episode 1. If you were looking close the Gungans were hammering to BDs in hand to hand combat. :)

SuperBattleDroid88
01-05-2003, 09:13 PM
Wrong forum I believe....
DROIDS WOULD SLAUGHTER THOSE GUNGANS!!!!!!!! :evil:
I bet the gungans couldn't even knock down a Super Battle Droid..
Plus... I don't see why the droids would do hand to hand combat unless they lost their blaster... But that's impossible for a Destroyer Droid or a Super Battle Droid because they have blasters connected to their arms.

Banthaholic
01-05-2003, 10:47 PM
Yeah this belongs in an Episode 2 thread.
My view, if the Super Battle Droid's, & Battle Droids were powerful enough to kill a bunch of Jedi in Genosis, IMO to indirectly quote a famous Gungan "Mesa thinks usas Gungan's gonna die"

Turbowars
01-05-2003, 11:10 PM
I hate Gungan's! Lucas's biggest flop! Did you guys know that theres a video that's out that has JarJar amost completely edited out. I'm mean the IMAX version almost completely edited him out to. Anyways, Gungans would go down, way down.

Dar' Argol
01-06-2003, 12:18 AM
A Moving the thread I do,
A moving the thread I do,
Here you go, Jedi Clint,
A new thread for you:D

mini-rock
01-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Banthaholic
Yeah this belongs in an Episode 2 thread.
My view, if the Super Battle Droid's, & Battle Droids were powerful enough to kill a bunch of Jedi in Genosis, IMO to indirectly quote a famous Gungan "Mesa thinks usas Gungan's gonna die"

True, but with the help of Geonosians. Only when Yoda arrived with the Clone Army was the fight more......fair.

Tough one. The Gungans were doing pretty good against the Battledroids in EP1 until the shield had dropped and the tanks rolled in.

If both sides were equal in number then I would have to say the Gungans. Not by much though.:)

LTBasker
01-06-2003, 02:08 AM
The main reason the Jedi were slaughtered was because they were out numbered. They had about a 4" wide blade to protect them since they didn't use the force that much (just to look kick-butt) and they just couldn't block from all angles.

Dunno about EU Gungans, but even the TPM Gungans were putting up a better fight than the Jedi got to due to the amount of shields and such they had. If it was an equal fight then the Gungans would definitely win, but if the droids had higher numbers then they would get slaughtered. However, there is one thing to remember: the droids have limited ammo. If they're not able to fight hand-to-hand, then the Gungans could easily just defend themselves behind shields, then after the ammo's gone they attack.

Jedi Clint
01-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
A Moving the thread I do,
A moving the thread I do,
Here you go, Jedi Clint,
A new thread for you:D

Awwww.......and I didn't get you anything ;) :D

I love the Bebe Av. SB88! I'm looking forward to actually seeing a DBGT episode some day.

SuperBattleDroid88
01-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Thanks Jedi Clint! I like this form of Bebi Vegeta for some reason!:D

El Chuxter
02-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Isn't the entire dealio about Gungans no longer living just on Naboo taken from the educational computer game The Gungan Frontier, in which the cities are so overcrowded that Boss Nass has to build colonies (and an oh-so educational ecosystem) on one of Naboo's moons? If that's the case, I wouldn't really see it as a great improvement over the already rather incredible biotechnology the Gungans have in TPM. So, the Super Battle Droids would slaughter the Gungans if they were to meet in a battle similar to the final war in TPM. I mean, the plain old no-frills Battle Droids did a pretty good job and had the Gungans on the run until a little hotshot flew his plane and saved the day. :)

Gungan Warrior
02-05-2003, 05:52 PM
What do you not understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gungans VS. Battle droids in a hand to hand COMBAT!!!!!!!! Is that so hard to concieve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Chuxter
02-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Oops. I missed the "hand-to-hand." D'oh!

In one on one combat, no weapons:
Gungan vs Battle Droid: Gungan (the BD's heads fall off)
Gungan vs Droideka: Gungan (droidekas would be useless without weapons, unless they get a good rolling start)
Gungan vs Super Battle Droid: SBD (these things mean business in a way no prior Battle Droid has)

JediTricks
02-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Droidekas don't even have hands without their weapons! :D