PDA

View Full Version : Fambaas

Eternal Padawan
08-17-2001, 05:31 PM
This buddy of mine in California sent me an FAO exclusive Fambaa without telling me. What a cool thing to find outside your door with the mail! I don't have any room to display him, though because I just got my B-wing and a limited amount of apartment space. Should I open him up or wait? That Gungan look spretty cool, too.

(And why does EVERYTHING in the SW galaxy have multiple, repetitive letters in its name??)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-17-2001, 06:41 PM
Don't you know that Lucas' secretary gets paid by the letter? Why else would Chewie's planet be spelled Kashyyyk?

congrats on the present. Sound like the kind of friend everybody would like to have.

Eternal Padawan
08-18-2001, 03:07 AM
Well, I get him back by sending him movie posters. Because of this he's got about 15 due to him...

12inch Lando
08-18-2001, 04:23 PM
Lucky dog. I would really like a Famba but I just don't want to pay for one.

12inch Lando
08-18-2001, 04:25 PM
Here's your extra a for the Fombaa. I just got it in the mail from Marin county.

Jargo
08-18-2001, 07:58 PM
I thought I'd never get one as the asking price was like 120 in the UK.

WTF!

Found one just the other month for 50 which was so cool. The Gungan is made up of the top half that was stuck on the ammo wagon with falumpaset and the legs of the POTJ Gungan warrior. Hasbro economy working pretty well for once IMO.

Glad you got one in such a cool way. Open him up anyway. You know you want to... :p :D

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 08:31 PM
The Fambaa was definitely one of the coolest Ep1 toys, and one I never thought Hasbro would make.

I got one in a trade and set it up loose in my room, it was really nice; until my nephew saw it and fell in love with it. How can you say "no" to a three year old, so I had to give it to him. It actually held his interest for two days; which, for him, is pretty amazing.

12inch Lando
08-19-2001, 05:12 AM
Did you ever get it back?

bigbarada
08-19-2001, 04:20 PM
Nope, after a week it was covered in dried milk and the Gungan, his staff and the box he sits in were all missing.:(

evenflow
08-20-2001, 09:56 AM
The faamba is a nie piece to look at, but it just doesn't do much. Basically a display piece, not much play value.

Eternal Padawan
08-20-2001, 11:31 AM
I agree evenflow, I just opened him up and he just kind of stands there. Still pretty cool though. The thing that sucks is I've only got one Federation AAT, one Fambaa, 2 Gungans, one Tarpals, and 4 battledroids open, so my Naboo "diorama" is more like a skirmish than the actual war.

stillakid
08-20-2001, 07:26 PM
Helpful diorama hint #1138:

When faced with the disturbing absence of at least half of an invading army, try building your custom Star Wars scene in front of a mirror.

It also makes a wonderful Christmas garnish...

Take care,
Martha Stewart, Jedi Knightess

GNT
08-21-2001, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Nope, after a week it was covered in dried milk and the Gungan, his staff and the box he sits in were all missing.:(

I would have beaten the cr** out of him or made him pay for it!

Starfig873
08-21-2001, 07:42 AM
I don't know if any of you guys know this, but the Gungan Cannon with that crappy Jar Jar? Thats the complimentary peice to the shield generator! I was watching Ep.I and noticed it. So basically if you wanted too you could buy two Fambaas (right) and attach the "Gungan cannon" instead of that large drum and complete a diorama...or something... ;)

bigbarada
08-22-2001, 11:50 PM
I would have beaten the cr** out of him or made him pay for it!

Umm.... my brother or my three-year-old nephew?:confused:

GNT
08-23-2001, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Umm.... my brother or my three-year-old nephew?:confused:

Your Brother 3-year old nephew :) when his old enough,make him pay for the damage!

Also that was the point of the Jar Jar with canon!

bibfortuna
08-23-2001, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Starfig873
I don't know if any of you guys know this, but the Gungan Cannon with that crappy Jar Jar? Thats the complimentary peice to the shield generator! I was watching Ep.I and noticed it. So basically if you wanted too you could buy two Fambaas (right) and attach the "Gungan cannon" instead of that large drum and complete a diorama...or something... ;)

I read in another thread somewhere (can't remember where) that the gungan cannon LOOKS like it would fit on the Fambaa, but the bases are different, and it doesn't just snap in - it would take some creative modifications...

I don't know this 100% for sure, but I did read it somewhere in the last 2 or 3 weeks...

GNT
08-24-2001, 04:10 AM
Gungan Cannon with crappy Jar Jar was/is meant to go on a Fambaa as far as I know!

bigbarada
08-24-2001, 03:05 PM
Your Brother 3-year old nephew when his old enough,make him pay for the damage!

When it really comes down to it, to me, it's just a toy. I realize you were joking with your post, but I do know a few people out there who would let a petty thing like a toy get in the way of family. Fortunately, I've never seen this in these forums. The way I see it, it's a toy. My nephew had his fun with it, it's job is done. I don't think I could ever display it on my shelf with a good conscience knowing I took it from a 3-year-old who still loves it.

(In all fairness to GNT the quote above has a strike-thru "brother" and a big smiley between "nephew" and "when.")

Jargo
08-26-2001, 08:35 PM
That Gungan cannon thing is way too small to be the companion piece of the shield generator. It should have a big glass bubble with seats inside for two Gungans for a start. and the base on the toy version most definately doesn't fit on the Fambaa without serious customisation. It would be cool to do though and have two of the buggars standing end to end in a big diorama.

jedi master sal
08-27-2001, 03:53 PM
BOTH.....
j/k

I don't think I could have given it away. That's a big toy and HARD to find as well. A kaadu yes but a Fambaa......

NO WAY IN HELLo

Say can you give me one too...

as long as you are sharing you should have as much for the whole class too.

Lobito
09-04-2001, 05:54 PM
They (hasbro) should make a new mold for the Fambaa, one that compliments the one we have, that way we can have a big piece of the shield generator. Oh yes, and let them include a sort of plastic that can be used as the shield.

Slicker
08-22-2005, 06:48 AM
I still need the Faamba. It's one of the few things that I still need. One of these days I'll get one.

See Caesar. I can dig up old threads too.:razz:

DarthQuack
08-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Stay away from the one I'm bidding on. :grin:

Dark Marble
08-22-2005, 02:13 PM
I actually ended up with two of the Fambaa. I ordered one when they went on clearance at FAO, and the other for a steal off of Ebay. But I did buy the cannon with Jar Jar, and it looks like it could fit on the Fambaa if there were clips or something.

But, if I remember the story behind the cannon and the Fambaa it was that the cannon was meant to compliment the Fambaa originally but the idea got tossed and the cannon was "tweaked" to be released on its own.

I don't know why, but I think it was that the Fambaa became an exclusive while the cannon enjoyed wide release and there was no reason to mass distribute a complimentary piece for an exclusive and expensive toy. Who knows, but the cannon will sit on top of the Fambaa, but to make it stay would take some custom work as everyone has said so far... :yes:

El Chuxter
08-22-2005, 02:35 PM
It might be smart of Hasbro to re-release the Fambaa in new packaging, with the cannon attached instead of the shield drum.

mastermatt24
08-23-2005, 01:38 AM
I would rather have them make an At Te than a do nothing fambaa.

Bosskman
08-26-2005, 11:20 AM
I have 2 Faambas, one nomal one and one that I put the cannon on. They BOTH lean over to one side though. I'm gonna try the ol boil & re-position fake on them this weekend.

2-1B
08-26-2005, 02:04 PM
I never got one either because when I finally saw it (at FAO as a matter of fact, the only time I've ever been to one) I couldn't drop the coin on it.

But I wish I did have one though, because Gungan steeds DOMINATE ! ! !

jedi master sal
08-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Here's a good custom with the cannon on top of the Fambaa.

Clickey Clickey

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/collections/tim_enloe/pages/tim_enloe017.html