PDA

View Full Version : Eeth Koth and Zutton Carded

SirSteve
11-06-2001, 11:56 PM
As reported in our news section (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=26&show_article=541), what are your thoughts?

bigbarada
11-07-2001, 12:03 AM
Already? That was quick.

Although Zutton seems to have lost a little bit of facial detail from the prototype. They could have at least blackened in his nostrils a little.

Is Eeth Koth's lightsaber blade removable? It seems that he has a little peg on his saber hilt to place it on his hip. Kinda hard to do with it ignited.

Just waiting to see those Boshek, Teebo and R4 prototypes.

SirSteve
11-07-2001, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Is Eeth Koth's lightsaber blade removable? It seems that he has a little peg on his saber hilt to place it on his hip. Kinda hard to do with it ignited.

Yep, it sure is.

:)

GNT
11-07-2001, 02:16 AM
Is Eeth Koth's lightsaber blade removable?

It seems so! I still can't wait for snaggletooth at least he comes eith a drinking glass! :) Eeth Koth is not so good!

Tycho
11-07-2001, 03:58 AM
I like and I dislike Eeth Koth.

I think the figure is a dynamic and exciting, great sculpt!

He looks like a Jedi Master in the middle of the action.

I think he will look very out of place when most diorama makers want to set up the Jedi Council interviewing Anakin, and Eeth Koth is seriously over-reacting.

I like this figure, but I already want a resculpt.

That is a shame when there are 5 more members of the Jedi Council that haven't been made yet, and I can't say with Eeth Koth, I am more than 50% satisfied with what I'm getting.

"He's not the Chosen One? Oh my gosh! Let me leap right out of my seat, as I think I need to kill something!"

Tycho
11-07-2001, 04:16 AM
For Zutton, I have barely any comments.

It's better looking than Takeel, the last Snivvian, and I plan to buy 2 of them.

I could really care less though. However, why does he need a bazooka rifle included with him?

There's a lot more interesting creatures in the cantina than him, or Bo Shek for that matter. I'll buy one Bo. Thank you. The end.

JEDIpartner
11-07-2001, 10:05 AM
As far as Eeth Koth goes, he looks SO unlike the rest of the Jedi Council members that have been made up to this point...

By the way... did anyone notice that the legs seem to be positioned relatively the same way for all of the "action posed" figures (Helmet-head Obi-Wan, Surly Escape Han, Chippendales Maul)?

I am impressed with, but NOT impressed with him in so many ways. The light saber is kinda cool... even though it looks a little like some kind of candy... :p It's just... that stance! I think I would be a little more okay with this one if there had already been a "passive stance" Eeth Koth to go along with the rest of the JC members.

As for Zutton... I agree with Barada on the lack of facial detailing. The prototype seems to have so much of that going on. Oh, well... there is always a little model paint and some customising to do to get it back up to where it started. I love the drinking glass (take THAT Aunt Beru), but the "second only to Momaw Nadon's Planet Destroyer" blaster rifle they gave him is a bit much.:eek: I would have just been happy if he came with a "dainty little pistol" :p

JediCole
11-07-2001, 11:11 AM
Just waiting to see those Boshek, Teebo and R4 prototypes.

I couldn't agree more on that point!

As for these two, I like them both but have problems with the lack of paint detail on Zutton and the overly enthusiastic version of Eeth. Needless to say, that will not stop me buying them. I've said in another thread that Zutton's leg articulation is long overdue for Cantina patrons.

Lobito
11-07-2001, 03:03 PM
I thought that the force files would still make these wave...oh well...the figures are cool.:)

yukface27
11-08-2001, 02:05 AM
I have to agree with the majority about Eeth koth. He seems way to over-excited. he would be really outta place with the rest of the Jeci Council figs. RESCULPT!!! Zutton is going to be so awesome though. Ankle blaster, shoulder bazooka, drinking glass, WHOA MOMMA!!! I can't wait.

yukface27@hotmail.com

evenflow
11-08-2001, 10:50 AM
I am still looking forward to Eeth koth. I don't know why, but I just am. I do want to check out the new lightsabers up clode though.

Princess_Leila
11-08-2001, 03:13 PM
Okay, so eeth Koth is a bit over the top, but the sculpt is really nice though. So what if he doesn't fir with the other Jedi? In case he appeasr in Clones, we'll have a cool Ep 2 Eeth Koth! Better than just sitting there, no? The reason why they posed him like that is probably because he is such a BLAH figure to start with.

I don't like the new saber. I hope they go back to standard for Ep 2. It just doesn't look SW to me.

Zutton would be amazing if the head was painted right. Is this a case for a little customizing? I'm sure it will be possible to find some dirtier-looking ones out there. He looked amazing in the prototype pictures, because of this paint scheme.

So what if he has a bazooka? He also has a nice gun, and a cool glass, which is long overdue for Cantina aliens. Just paint that head right, and it's a fantastic figure.

Hey! These are two boring figures to start with, but I think that Hasbro is making a pretty good job at making them interesting.

If Ep 2 figs look even better than that, then we're in for a treat! But paint that head, please!

GNT
11-09-2001, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Princess_Leila
These are two boring figures to start with

Come on! Zutton kicks *****!Mr. Koth on the other hand doesn't!

evenflow
11-09-2001, 11:19 AM
I that they will be cool once they are actually in our hands.

JEDIpartner
11-12-2001, 12:33 PM
...the more I think he looks like Norman Fell- we could call the figure Stanley Roper (Red Jumpsuit). :stupid: