PDA

View Full Version : Yoda and Destroyer Droid

JosephGD
01-06-2003, 06:08 PM
For the first time in my history I actually completed a complete year of Star Wars collecting. Today I picked up Yoda Jedi Council and Destroyer droid. I am thankful to this site and all you guys for the good tips. It must be impossible for people to get all the figures they want without web resources.

Check out our site at http://www.gonkdroid.com

Rogue II
01-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Why do you have a website named Gonkdroid when there isn't any Star Wars stuff on it?:confused:

JosephGD
01-06-2003, 07:56 PM
It used to be a Star Wars site now it has grown and expanded into an Entertainment site. The other link is http://www.southernisland.com. We give out free web space and one of our users is making a site for the new Star Wars Galaxies game. It is at http://galaxies.gonkdroid.com . :)

fourtwo
01-06-2003, 08:54 PM
so i can get something.gonkdroid.com?
is it free?
:D

JosephGD
01-06-2003, 09:01 PM
This has gotten way off topic, but the answer is maybe. Send a proposal of what kind of site you want to run. We listen to all good requests. We have tons of free web space. :) Email: webmaster@gonkdroid.com.

END TOPIC. LOL

Rogue II
01-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Ok. Anyway, congrats on finding Yoda and the destroyer droid.

Darth Detori
01-06-2003, 11:33 PM
I don't know- I'd like to apologize to you, as those figures both kinda, well, bite ;)

Banthaholic
01-06-2003, 11:58 PM
I can understand the arguements about Yoda, but I think the Destroyer Droid looks pretty darn cool.

Adam
01-07-2003, 02:15 AM
The droideka is deffinatly a step up from TPM ones..

Prince Xizor
01-07-2003, 02:31 AM
Nah, I compared my new Destroyer Droid with my friends TPM one, and his is far batter.

Beast
01-07-2003, 05:31 AM
The new one, is actually a bit more movie accurate. Regardless of the missle firing feature on the figure's hands. It's a more accurate height, and the middle eye is extended. Somthing that was sorely lacking on the first 2 Droidika figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Evil
01-07-2003, 02:26 PM
Is Yoda really that bad? I know he's just the E1 one with a lightsaber, but I never found the E1 one. Was it bad?!

JosephGD
01-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Personally I like the new Yoda. He looks very puppet like. Reminds me of the muppet show. As for the Droideka I like him a lot. He is so much better than the last one.

Jaff
01-07-2003, 03:41 PM
I passed on both. I bought enough droideka's with the epI line, as for yoda, I didn't want to buy another resculpt. I'm saving my money for new figs. Glad you got them. It sucks when you can't get what your looking for.

JediDBM
01-07-2003, 03:58 PM
When did this new Yoda come out?

Banthaholic
01-26-2003, 02:23 PM
For whatever reason I decided to be a K-mart shopper today and am GLAD I was!
I was looking over the toys when I glanced at the Star Wars I saw a Jango Pilot and thought about time this K-mart got away from EP 2 wave 1, then below him I saw something I didn't recongnize, it was the Destroyer droid, and behind him Yoda High Council
I was so happy that I got them that I decided to cave and got the Slave 1 for only $18 So don't hesitate to be a K-mart shopper, although figures are .50 more I know I waste that in gas wasting time at Wal-mart & Target (who by the way is going backwards in getting shipmetns in by me)

jpak001
01-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Yup, thats where I found my Yoda rehash also (passed on the droideka, yuck!). I like this new/old Yoda, the paint job is much better than the TPM version IMO plus he comes with his mini lightsaber!

I'll never use the chair though, yoda's not designed to sit in it correctly :confused:

SplFrcsCWO
01-27-2003, 05:10 PM
Were the AOTC Destroyer Droids the same as TPM's? I don't recall the new droids having shield generators.

Jargo
01-27-2003, 06:43 PM
Didn't need them did they. with all of those droidfs piling into the arena a few being obliterated was no problem. The sheer numbers and fire power was enough to almost decimate the hordes of Jedi invaders. Damn door to door religious zealots get everywhere! :crazed:

I'd still like to see a destroyer droid without the gimmicks and with the better detail and with a blue clear plastic dome you could drop over the dumb thing to simulate the shield. it could have teeny little pegs for sticking blast effects onto so it looks like they've been deflected. It's be a huge dome - well almost a globe really, so it could be done as part of the packaging for the droid itself. Rather than setting it up in a window box with some lame printed backdrop it comes as a sort of snowglobe type thing with a base sealing off the one end that the droid would be wired onto as normal but there would be no box just the shield itself surrounding the droid. Blast effects sealed inside and all the printed info on the base. Well that's how I'd do it anyway. Maybe a plastic protective shell over the top then so the dome doesn't get scratched. But definately no box and no cardback.

Oh yeah, I passed on both yoda and the droid. The Yoda I already have two of from episode one and the droid has a totally innaccurate body thanks to the arm moving mechanism and those arm projectile firing thingies are just hidious so I left them on the pegs where they belong. :)

Jerjerrod
01-27-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
the droid has a totally innaccurate body thanks to the arm moving mechanism and those arm projectile firing thingies are just hidious so I left them on the pegs where they belong. :)

But the middle eye makes it look pretty cool. It curves down and then out, right? I think I'll buy it if I see it, but not for more than retail price.

Btw, which one is your favorite droideka?
-EP1
-EP1 (battle damage)
-Saga
-curled up one that came with that playset :p

jpak001
01-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Hasbro hasn't given us a correct Droideka yet in the 3' line. Hopefully we'll get one someday....

I thought the Mega Destroyer Droid was pretty keen though.

Val Da Car
01-27-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Banthaholic
For whatever reason I decided to be a K-mart shopper today and am GLAD I was!
I was looking over the toys when I glanced at the Star Wars I saw a Jango Pilot and thought about time this K-mart got away from EP 2 wave 1, then below him I saw something I didn't recongnize, it was the Destroyer droid, and behind him Yoda High Council
I was so happy that I got them that I decided to cave and got the Slave 1 for only $18 So don't hesitate to be a K-mart shopper, although figures are .50 more I know I waste that in gas wasting time at Wal-mart & Target (who by the way is going backwards in getting shipmetns in by me)

About the K-Mart shopping...I stopped into one close to work and found Amazingly enough....Se7en White clone troopers.....so for the extra $.50 each it is worth it ....especially with some of the K-marts around the us closing they might be clearancing out some SW Stuff but maybe near the end it may only be slim pickins...

Good Luck to you all and

MTFBWY........

Jargo
01-27-2003, 11:22 PM
I like the battle damage droideka actually. His legs don't give out under him because they're more solidly constructed than the original but both of those two are pretty fly. The rolled up one is pathetic but hopefully we'll be getting a scaled up version with the deluxe destroyer droid launcher later this year. The basic sculpt for the original droideka is really well done and the bendy spine makes it really poseable for a droid. You can have it bent over like it's just straightening up from spinning into the battle hotspot. Kinda like a transitional thing.
The battle damaged one isn't so good when you um, damage it. But again it's just a good solid sculpt job that's reasonably accurate. The new saga destroyer might have the better 'face' but the back of the head piece is too flat and should be more curved. The body is all bulked up to accomodate the arm swinging thing inside and then there's those missile things on the arms. Not to mention that the paint job on the saga one is really poor. The original is the best paint job. The way it was sprayed to give that two-tone look was brilliant and the new saga one just lacks that certain something in the paint applications and even the plastics they used aren't as good looking.

I'll stop now. :D

mtriv73
01-28-2003, 12:14 PM
I got a destroyer droid a few weeks ago (there were about 20 on the pegs at my local TRU), but I still haven't seen the new Yoda yet. I'm glad I got the destroyer. If I find another I may swap the arms out with a phantom menace one.

187-Maul
01-28-2003, 02:11 PM
till now Destroyer Droid BD is my favorite one, but I haven't got the saga one till now, only seen him at a comic shop, and I definitly need several of him and I guess he's going to be my favorite one then (BTW I have the normal E1, battle damage E1 and the 9" version)
I just hope the upcoming deluxe set will be cool, the droideka is one of my favorite droids:)