PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys ever play with glue balls?

Tycho
01-06-2003, 06:40 PM
I'm talking about the kinds that certain pieces of mail, like credit card advertisements are sealed with.

You can rub this glue off and it will be stringy and compact nicely into a little ball that kind of resembles your brain's grey matter.

I have to control myself terribly, to just throw the stuff out or I'd never get any work done. I keep pulling it apart and rolling it together again and again.

On occasion I've even tasted it or used it kind of like floss for my teeth. It's more of a chew toy than even gum is, but I wouldn't dare swallowing it.

I've thought about saving up all of those glue balls and making a super-glue-ball, but I'd just never get anything done if I had one of those to play with! In fact I just through mine (from the latest Citi-bank VISA card offer I got in my junk mail) out with the junk mail because I wouldn't be able to type this to you if I still had my glue ball where I could reach it.

Do you guys get kind of zoned-out playing with these things too?

What the heck are they made out of?

Jargo
01-06-2003, 06:56 PM
um, no. and um, glue. :happy:

Darth Sidious
01-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Yes, of course! They rule. :D What I really like to do is open those packets of silica gel that come in coats and stuff and collect the little clear balls. I'll post my rather small collection someday.

QLD
01-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Jesus Christ Tycho. If you don't lay off the hooka pipe soon, you're gonna be clinically insane.

Fulit
01-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only one that did that. I compulsively peel anything removable on most products, labels, envelopes, whatever. very destructive, but fun.

Old Fossil
01-06-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Tycho

On occasion I've even tasted it or used it kind of like floss for my teeth. It's more of a chew toy than even gum is, but I wouldn't dare swallowing it.

Well that explains a lot...

JediBoulton
01-07-2003, 08:16 AM
I think I will stick to mouse droid sniffing -- it is safer and wont get stuck in my nose.

scruffziller
01-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Actually you can make a Mr. Bubble 3D model from rubber cement.
IT'S COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrmiller
01-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Take one of those little "Glue Balls" and stick it on your upper lip under your nose and walk around. See who your true friends are and tell you that you need to wipe your nose.

=MATT=

:p

Tycho
01-07-2003, 12:09 PM
That's funny, but why not make it really disgusting and use the long stringy type versus the ball for that trick? :D

Make people notice you!

p.s. DO NOT ORDER FAST FOOD THAT WAY!

Boba Rhett
01-08-2003, 01:09 PM
I play with them but I never thought of rolling them into balls before. :eek:

*scurries off*

Jedi Master Silas
01-09-2003, 12:10 AM
I dont play with glue balls much but I have a real problem with playing with bubble wrap. I love to pop those little suckers..I dont stop did they are all gone.

InsaneJediGirl
01-19-2003, 01:44 PM
I love those little things:DSticking them on the car windows,rolling them around.I dont know which is more fun,giant boxes(like those fridges come in) or glue balls:crazed:

LTBasker
01-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Glue balls are fun, though I usually end up losing them. :cry:

Darth Sinister
01-21-2003, 12:00 PM
I have come to the conclusion that Moderators have waayyyyy to much time on their hands and need to get out more. Really, there are all kinds of wonders in the world...and yes, there are some better than glue balls. Hard to believe yes, but true.