PDA

View Full Version : Master Yoda vs. Palpatin/Darth Sidious

Gungan Warrior
01-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Who would be the victor of of battle this great?

Darth Evil
01-07-2003, 01:34 PM
That's not a question we can answer easily now, we don't know how powerful Palpatine is in battle. All we've seen him use is Force Lightning, who knows what other tricks he has up his sleeves.

Jaff
01-07-2003, 02:26 PM
Yoda. I say this because palpatine uses others to do his dirty work. He is more about manipulation than direct contact with others. Yoda is hands on. However I could be very wrong, but in the end palpatine is the reason yoda is in isolation, so he really does beat yoda in episode III galaxy wise.

Darth Evil
01-08-2003, 02:39 PM
But he might beat him in a battle...I hope so!

TheDarthVader
01-14-2003, 12:04 PM
It's about time we see Palpatine in BATTLE!!! I want to see him use a red sith lightsaber...that would make for a great prop replica and toy!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-21-2003, 05:22 PM
"Beware the powers of the Emperor!" - Yoda, Return of the Jedi.

This leads me to believe that Palpatine ain't a bad fighter.

Beast
01-21-2003, 05:35 PM
I don't really want to see Palpatine, ever fight or use the force in combat. He never seems like the type to ever get his hands dirty. To busy and important to actually do any dirty work himself. Just sitting back and manipulating everyone like puppets.

He's the puppetmaster, he should never ever do anything physical in the movies. Other then sit back, and tell others what to do. That's why he has people like Maul, Dooku, and Vader around. Let them handle the unpleasent business, while he sits back with a cup of tea and biscuits.

Atleast until RoTJ, when Vader's failed to destroy Luke (and vice versa) and he has to actually finally get off his arse and show what he's really made of. I guess somthing similar to that could work in EIII, if/when he does reveal himself. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darkross
01-23-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
It's about time we see Palpatine in BATTLE!!! I want to see him use a red sith lightsaber...that would make for a great prop replica and toy!!!!

OOOOOOO...that would be so cool to see Palpatine show off the power of the DarkSide. Awesome it would be!

The Overlord Returns
01-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Palpatine should not use his powers in the prequels. The event is perfect in ROTJ, because he is forced to do it as the final stand. The fact that Luke actually defies his powers of sway into the darkside, enrage him. This, and only this, brings out his wrath.

Yoda's statement to luke I think is more a point on what the emperor was able to accomplish under the noses of the jedi order. If Palpatine was powerful, and masterful enough to do what he did and not be found out, I'd say it would be wise for Luke not to "underestimate the powers of the emperor".

Darkross
01-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Palpatine should not use his powers in the prequels. The event is perfect in ROTJ, because he is forced to do it as the final stand. The fact that Luke actually defies his powers of sway into the darkside, enrage him. This, and only this, brings out his wrath.

Yoda's statement to luke I think is more a point on what the emperor was able to accomplish under the noses of the jedi order. If Palpatine was powerful, and masterful enough to do what he did and not be found out, I'd say it would be wise for Luke not to "underestimate the powers of the emperor".

Interesting point of view on the subject. It makes sense...however...I still think that we will see Palpatine use his Force Powers in Episode III...otherwise...why would Vader defy the Emperor so many times in the OT?

Darkross
01-28-2003, 10:57 AM
I guess I shouldn't say defy...but rather Challenge the Emperor's judgement?

Emperor: "I told you to remain on the command ship!"

Vader: "A small rebel force has penetrated the shield and landed on Endor"

Emperor: "Yes I know!"

LATER...

Vader: "He will come to me?"

Emperor: "I have forseen it!"