PDA

View Full Version : Old Star Trek figures (6 inch...)

JediDBM
01-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Anybody have any of the old six inch Star Trek figures? collected them as a kid, then lost track of my toys when I got older, now I see these same toys going on ebay for anywhere between $10 and $800! Can you believe it?

Jayspawn
01-07-2003, 09:50 PM
I have a number of the Star Trek 6" figures made by Playmates. I collected the Original Series figures specifically. I have most all of TOS figures.

jpak001
01-08-2003, 11:21 AM
I think your talking about the old Mego dolls (with real cloth outfits). I had a Kirk & Spock a long time ago, but was never a big Star Trek fan so I sold 'em.

They were pretty cool though. I liked how the phasers had their own holsters!

Jayspawn
01-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Yeah that was cool. I believe the Romulan and the Klingon are the really rare ones.

JediDBM
01-08-2003, 03:59 PM
actually it is the Romulan and another of the aliens, not the Klingon. I have Kirk, McCoy, and a Klingon. paid the most for the Klingon, bought him, then had to buy a uniform for him seperatly. Paid the same price for both figure and uniform.

Tycho
01-08-2003, 04:52 PM
I had the Mego Kirk, Spock, and McCoy and I think I turned down the Klingon when I saw it in the store as a kid. I wish I knew what happened to them - they'd still have all their pieces. I was really good about taking care of my toys.

They were nice figures - and detailed for that time period, too.

In modern times, I collected only the first basic size of Playmates all-plastic, carded figures - as I'm doing dioramas with those, and when Star Wars started, I didn't dare want to collect other Playmates sizes.

I did get Worf and all the DS9 figures in the 'almost 7" size' because I thought Art Asylum's figures would be on the same scale and I love DS9 the most - so they have to be my "biggest figures."

However, AA is even bigger - and better - and I couldn't resist buying them to recreate scenes from Enterprise....

But now it's extra Picard and Data to use for First Contact with the Borg figures, and of course I set up Shinzon's first meeting with Picard from Nemesis (being that there are only 4 figures).

Today I bought an extra Viceroy - one of my favorite AA Trek figures, and I'm saving him carded until such time that I get a good figure of Riker to fight him!

I love Star Trek too much, for too many years, to turn this stuff down. Plus AA's stuff is just too high of quality!

I'm going to buy another set of Borgs in the next few weeks too I bet - so then I can save them to face Seven and Janeway.

JediDBM
01-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Wish I knew what happened to mine, same scenary as Tycho, I took care of my toys. I even had some of the Mego superheros. Wish I knew what happened to them...

Old Fossil
09-20-2009, 07:26 PM
So I've gotten several of the Star Trek "Retro Cloth" Mego-style figures from DST over the past year:

1. Kirk
2. Spock
3. McCoy
4. Scotty
5. Uhura
6. Klingon
7. The Keeper
8. Andorian

They're very cool; I've left all but the Andorian in the package. Bit it's gotten me to thinking about picking up some loose originals. Anybody else round here buy vintage Megos, who might have some advice? I really don't have any specific questions, just looking for some general advice, I suppose...

Old Fossil
09-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Been watching some Mego auctions the past few days. Seems the Trek and Planet of the Apes figures are the most affordable (loose). The super heroes are more expensive and are harder to find complete and in good shape; Thor seems to be among the most difficult to find. I probably won't be going after many super heroes or Apes, and will focus on Trek at first.

I won a loose Spock with package. Haven't received it yet.

DarkArtist
09-25-2009, 12:16 PM
not really sure if i still have some or not, wasn't a huge fan of Star Trek back in the day and it was hard to find the 3.75 figures. I think I may still have Deanna Troy but not 100% positive

Old Fossil
09-30-2009, 12:26 PM
SO I received my Mego Spock figure the other day. Man, it took me back 30+ years! The figure is near mint, not missing any accessories, and there is no play wear. The foil is still attached to his Starfleet insignia, which apparently is a big deal for these old toys. The original owner had some foresight, apparently, as he simply cut the bubble down one side and on the bottom, so Spock could be taken out and returned, using the package to keep the figure in. The original Spock figure actually looks better than the repro one, with deeper, more vibrant uniform color and a less pale flesh tone to the head.

I got the figure for less than $30.

Yesterday I won a MOC Kirk for $25, shipped. I couldn't believe it, especially after seeing loose ones go for over $30. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised at the affordability of these guys; they were common back in the day, and also I guess I'm more used to vintage SW prices.

Still, it's turning out to be a fun sideline, more nostalgic than simply buying a new SW figure off a store shelf.