PDA

View Full Version : Accessory Set: Yavin Hanger w/ Rebel Technician

Beast
01-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Rebelscum is the first to get a picture of the third Accessory set of the first wave of two that were announced for 2003. Again these will be exclusives for Target. To bad the picture is black and white. But seems to be the best of the three sets.

It's going to ship with the Gungan Warrior Set and Gamorrean Guard Set that we saw last month. Looks pretty good. Like that we have some ladders for our ships now. The directional batons are a welcome addition as well. Can't wait to see Wave 2. :)

2003 Accessory Set: Yavin Hangar With Rebel Technician

Jeremy: Expected sometime this quarter, the new Yavin Hangar with Rebel Technician pack comes with an assortment of worthy additions to any Rebel flight deck, including ladders for several Alliance vehicles, crates, a landing light and direction batons.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
01-07-2003, 07:24 PM
Oh...my... :eek:

This set gets my vote as the perfect Star Wars toy EVER. Now I definitely have to get the TRU X-wing just to put with this set. Three ladders...I guess one connects to the Y-wing, A-wing and/or B-wing.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-07-2003, 07:41 PM
I don't care much for the accessory sets, but i must say, that looks very nice and should please many collectors. Score! :D

Rogue II
01-07-2003, 08:04 PM
That's what I've been waiting for. It looks pretty cool.

WesleySr
01-07-2003, 08:10 PM
Nice set, love the accessories. It's just a shame that the Jabba's Palace set has a gamorrean guard instead of a new alien.

Rogue II
01-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Well, the accessory sets are for army builders and accessories, not new figures. Even this rebel tech is just a repainted Rebel Trooper without his vest.

I'll be glad to pick up another Gammorean Guard (or 2).

Beast
01-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Actually RogueII, it appears to be an AT-ST driver body. But since the arms are ungloved, it's the Imperial Scanning Crewman from the Millenium Falcon Carry Case. It also used the AT-ST Driver body, but had arms without gloves. The head is a modified POTF2 Rebel Fleet Trooper's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
01-07-2003, 08:33 PM
Ok, I just ran upstairs and grabbed the Rebel Trooper, Scan Trooper, and AT-ST Driver.

The Scan Trooper and the AT-ST driver have the same body, like you said. It looks like the Rebel Tech is using the head AND arms of the Rebel Fleet Trooper. You can tell by 2 things: The ways the arms are bent and the position of the hands.

The Scan trooper's right arm is almost straight and there is only a slight bend in his left arm. Both ofthe RFT's arms are bent more, just like the Rebel Tech.

Beast
01-07-2003, 08:40 PM
Thanks, didn't have the figures next to me at the moment. Was just going by images from the database. I don't mind the rehash, since the technician costumes were pretty much rehashes in the actual movie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
01-07-2003, 08:46 PM
You're right, there is nothing wrong with re-hashes for droids and figures that wear the same uniforms that are different colors.

I'm glad Hasbro didn't use the torso from the Rebel Fleet Trooper. His chest and abs are bulging through his shirt.:sur: :D

Darth Trymybestus
01-07-2003, 09:30 PM
How about a Jango Fett Apartment accessory set? It could come with a figure of Jango in his jammies, and it could have stuff like blasters, jet packs, helmets, armor and other things that Jango keeps in there :) :confused:

Jayspawn
01-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Yeeaaahhh! This set rules! I can't wait! Thats a great army builder!

Rogue II
01-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Didn't Jango Fett's helmet, jetpack and pistols come in the Arena accessory set?

Banthaholic
01-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Great to see the ladders, just as most of us were hoping.

I'm eager to see a painted version of these. Looks nice so far.

Darth Trymybestus
01-07-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Didn't Jango Fett's helmet, jetpack and pistols come in the Arena accessory set?

ahhhh I'm not sure, I guess a playset would be better to have Jango's apartment? :)

Sentinel18725
01-07-2003, 10:50 PM
This picture is of unpainted proofs right? I love it. Keep bringing out new stuff. I hope they are all this good.

Jerjerrod
01-07-2003, 11:03 PM
I would have been more pleased if they used newer figures to rehash like POTJ Tantive IV Defender, or sculpt another guy altogether.

Turbowars
01-08-2003, 12:25 AM
I can give a crap about the figure, but lets hear it for the ladders!!!

evenflow
01-08-2003, 06:55 AM
Very cool. I like it. What are the other sets supposed to be, i missed that?

Jargo
01-08-2003, 07:46 AM
The figure has to be goofiest looking thing since the last goofiest looking thing. What the frick is that thing on his head?!!!!! looks like a mixing bowl it's ginormous!!!!! the figure never did impress me in it's last two outings so i'm completely underwhelmed by the figures awfulness. However the accessories more than make up for it, plenty plenty ladders and crates. they are well worth paying out for. So yes I'll definately be after this set even though the figure really really really stinks.

Old Fossil
01-08-2003, 08:36 AM
At least he comes with batons. I'm all about batons. Now those with the Shuttle can re-create the famous airstrip scene from "Airplane!"

jjreason
01-08-2003, 10:37 AM
Looks like we've gone back to 1997. I didn't hate POTF2, but this figure is definitely out of place in the newer stuff, as was that god awful bespin guard from the freezing chamber. Yuck. I don't mind rehashing either, but I do agree with whoever it was (sorry) who stated it should have been made out of newer parts. The ladders and boxes are fantastic though, and Ill be forking for at least 2 of these sets. Lets hope Zellers gets these like they did last year's.

Rogue II
01-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Yes, it would have been nice if they used repaints the POTJ Imperial Officer body with the POTJ Rebel's head/arms. And with those figures being re-released this year, I may custom one like that.

JEDIpartner
01-08-2003, 12:58 PM
It's about damn time...!!!

aceguide
01-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Finally Luke can get into his x-wing...

Yeah for ladders!

Rogue II
01-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by aceguide
Finally Luke can get into his x-wing...

Yeah for ladders!

True, but it doesn't explain what happened to his ladder in ESB.:crazed:

Jargo
01-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Why did he need ladders in ESB when he just went through Jedi training camp with magical mystic acrobat Yoda? By the time luke leaves Dagobah he can just do a backflip into the cockpit.

fourtwo
01-08-2003, 05:32 PM
maybe i won't have to make a ladder for my x-wing now after all

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Eh, I guess it serves its purpose. But hot damn that figure is one ugly son of a beeotch.

Fulit
01-08-2003, 08:31 PM
Am I the only one who thinks those batons look like microphones? In my display, the Rebel Tech will be belting out a number while guiding a ship in.

Kidhuman
01-08-2003, 08:53 PM
I don't normally collect accessory packs or have comment on them, but that figure looks like what I flushed in my bowl. The ladders are a cool. They could have done better on the figure. Jargo was right it looks like a mixing bowl...:crazed:

Emperor Howdy
01-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Am I the only one who thinks those batons look like microphones? In my display, the Rebel Tech will be belting out a number while guiding a ship in.

LOL......I was thinking the same thing the second I saw 'em.

Anyway, I can't wait for that lousy figure and the....um...three...wait.....yeah three........ladders.....heh...........heh........ ..ouch.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? :confused:

SplFrcsCWO
01-09-2003, 08:29 AM
I like the accessories but hate the lack of articulation on the figure. Aside from directing traffic, I guess he could run laps around the hangar.

Jaff
01-09-2003, 11:11 AM
I'll wait for sir steves to verify the coming of these sets before I get excited about them.

mtriv73
01-09-2003, 12:06 PM
I just wish it came with the little cart thingy that they drove through the rebel hangar. At least we get ladders, I just hope they actually fit on something.

Jargo
01-09-2003, 04:11 PM
The two larger ladder pieces which should be yellow appear to be split so they fit both the x-wing (both sections) and the y-wing ( just the top section). so I'm guessing there will be some kind of click into place connection between the two pieces while the slimmer ladder is the pilots ladder from the x-wing and should be red. The floor light should be red at the rear and blue at the front but the pic seems to have it white. The batons are correct but a little thick. They look like lollipops in the movie too. Checking over some pictures from the movie the helmet does look look like a mixing bowl on the actors. I think its the fact that they chose to use the POTF RFT head for this figure that makes it seem worse, no neck and a really thin head isn't a good choice really. Comparing the helmet to the helmet of the POTJ RFT its the same helmet just modified to remove the rear neck guard. So it is accurate up to a point but I still don't like the figure. The transport barge would have been a nice inclusion but then it would have been a deluxe figure. In which case i think I'd rather get a new screen scene with luke and han and a load of crates of republic credits stashed on the transport, A han solo that was poseable enough to fit into the falcon and a Luke x-wing pilot with a better head than the last one and the ability to hold his helmet under his arm rather than stand around like a mincing queen like the POTJ version. It would be a decent screen scene as it's the turning point for Han where he says goodbye to luke and first utters "May the force be with you" I think the screen scenes should depict pivotal moments from the saga and the accessory sets should just concentrate on getting new accessories out to further the experience through play. I'm sure if you asked any kid they'd say they prefer accessories that the figure can use to some stupid play impeding gimmick action feature.
More accessory sets and more screen scenes thank you.

JEDIpartner
01-09-2003, 04:58 PM
I think a load of the new figures look pretty POTF2. I'm not wholly impressed with the new Han or Chewie. They are okay... as this one is. Remember, Jargo, most of the rebels wore mixing bowls on their heads! they didn't have much of a budget to work with... and neither did George-- at the time. Oh, well.

OC47150
01-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Even though I had high hopes for a new and different figure, the accessories alone make this a nice set.

Jargo
01-09-2003, 05:17 PM
Yeah, once the money started to go into star wars and they got less creative the whole thing went belly up. Right after ESB. The cardboard cutout ships in the Yavin hangar look more realistic on screen than all that CGI crap George shoehorned in for the 'special' editions. I'm losing all faith, draining draining away......

InsaneJediGirl
01-10-2003, 09:51 PM
I'm more excited about the ladders than the figure.Why not just repaint a POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper instead?It would have looked a bit better....Yes the batons do look like microphones,maybe he was the DJ for the Rebels and did part time hangar work :D

LTBasker
01-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
maybe he was the DJ for the Rebels and did part time hangar work :D

Archival Edition ending to A New Hope: Everybody's jammin to Yo-yo-yo-yo-yoda-man with the tech and Chewie and of course, the rest of the band who shall not be named because if they are they'll be quietly replaced.

sith_killer_99
01-11-2003, 12:28 PM
hehehe....

Well, I may be alone here but I LOVE the Target accessory sets. I think they are the second best way to get these "Army Builders"! Number 1 of course being the 4 packs.

Seeing this new set reminds me that I have yet to buy a Scanning Crew Technician.:cry:

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing all of these sets soon, as well as the new Cantina sets. Heck, I am more excited about these than I am the Saga Deluxe line.:)

Jargo
01-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
The two larger ladder pieces which should be yellow appear to be split so they fit both the x-wing (both sections) and the y-wing ( just the top section). so I'm guessing there will be some kind of click into place connection between the two pieces while the slimmer ladder is the pilots ladder from the x-wing and should be red. The floor light should be red at the rear and blue at the front but the pic seems to have it white. The batons are correct but a little thick. They look like lollipops in the movie too.

I'm right about the colors. look what the private universe posted:

http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html

LTBasker
01-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the pics Jargo, I thought the landing light was a platform section for the shorter ladder bit. :eek:

Jargo
01-11-2003, 09:50 PM
hey, don't thank me thank the private universe. ;)

Turbowars
01-12-2003, 12:07 AM
Very cool! I really can't believe we are getting this set! I thought I was going to have to make a custom ladder.

OC47150
01-13-2003, 10:43 AM
I saw some colored pix of this set, and it looks pretty good. Some good kitbashing opportunities with the figure.

JediDBM
01-13-2003, 02:00 PM
It will make an excellent addition to my collection. Cant wait to find it. But I am still waiting for trash compactor sets to come back out.

OC47150
01-13-2003, 02:17 PM
Saw them this weekend, JediDBM. They looked great! Hasbro is finally getting Han to look like Harrison Ford. He's got the shaggy 70s haircut going with this figure!

Turbowars
01-13-2003, 07:07 PM
Man, I hear all you guys saying you see the trash sets, but no one gets them. I've looked everyday for them and no luck! Please if one of you could help a bro out!! Please. LOL

OC47150
01-14-2003, 08:26 AM
I didn't have the money to get them. Still paying off the Christmas bills, plus waiting for my shuttle to arrive.

I plan to get a set in the future.

Beast
01-14-2003, 06:45 PM
Here's the color picture, that The Private Universe posted up a few days ago. Looks a lot better in color. I still like the technician, even if he is a rehashed figure. Still can't wait to start seeing pictures of the second asst. of Accessory Sets for 2003. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
01-14-2003, 06:54 PM
This is a very welcome set. I like the figure, because #1 he doesn't have a gimmick and #2 it's OT. I might just get 2 of this set, one to open and one for a Star Case. I can't wait to put the ladder on the X-wing!

TheDarthVader
01-14-2003, 07:00 PM
Are those ladders going to fit??:confused:

Jargo
01-14-2003, 07:09 PM
There's a small hole in the bottom of the smaller yellow ladder so it looks like they might peg together. Use both for the x-wing and the top half for smaller ships like the y-wing and a-wing. Although the yellow ladder is the technicians ladder and the red one is the pilots. I just noticed how big the landing beacon lamp is, compared to the ones they sculpted into the rebel pilots cinema scene base it seems a bit big but I guess it might be right. No point having tiny lights when you're landing a big ship. Incidentally the crates are upside down. The stripes should be at the bottom so i'm assuming the handles on top are hidden. Hope they have handles. I especially like the white case. If I'm not mistaken it was a canister for film stock repainted in the movie. Part of the 'found things utilised' ethos of the low budget times of star wars. A bit like the cardboard cut out ships that made up most of the ships in the yavin hangar. I just really hope they do the hangar transport barge to go with this set as a small speeder asortment entry. But then i hope for a lot of things that won't ever happen. :)

LTBasker
01-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
A bit like the cardboard cut out ships that made up most of the ships in the yavin hangar.

Funny you mentioned that, I was checking out a Yavin hangar pic and realized they were cardboard cut-outs after years of thinking they were either a huge matte background or actual models. They look so life-like...

Anyways, the landing light looks a little different than I thought it was, looks taller. I wish we got two of them though, because there were actually around six per ship, give or take one or two. While two would require still require multiple sets, it's better than one.