Darth Sidious
01-07-2003, 08:10 PM
I saw a dead bird today, what about you? :dead:

Old Fossil
01-07-2003, 11:35 PM
Thanks for that.:frus:

Emperor Howdy
01-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Several dead squirrels and a squashed kitten.

Sentinel18725
01-08-2003, 12:40 AM
No dead animals....but I did see a dead person on Sunday! (I work as a paramedic::dead:

Darth Sidious
01-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Now I understand your sig line... Sounds like good finds everyone! (Except for seeing a dead person, that wouldn't be good) Keep on posting your finds here. In the Two Towers, Samwise says "There are dead things...Dead faces." Can't forget about that. :D

Jargo
01-08-2003, 06:29 AM
Last nights dinner. Fish fingers incinerated and french fries that tasted like a mouthful of dirt. :dead:

Patient Zero
01-08-2003, 10:56 AM
I see live people! :cry:

Darth Sidious
01-15-2003, 08:40 PM
I saw a whole bunch of dead stuff today. 2 dead squirrels, a raccoon, and a cat.

Kidhuman
01-16-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Last nights dinner. Fish fingers incinerated and french fries that tasted like a mouthful of dirt. :dead:

Fish have fingers? I always see dead stuff living inthe mountains. I also see the vultures circling overhead. There was a dead deer about 200 feet from my house. Looked pretty gruesome.

BanthaPoodoo
01-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Saw a deer splattered all over the road. Saw a dog that had been split in half on the highway.

Also went to a webpage & saw lots of dead stuff.

*** edit *** duly noted!

Darth Sidious
01-16-2003, 02:46 PM
Umm...I don't know if that link is really appropriate for this site, although I do appreciate the input. :)

Kidhuman
01-23-2003, 08:41 PM
I sawa few dead deer on SUnday. And my wife saw a dead bird in the tree with no body, just wing span between 2 branches

Dar' Argol
01-23-2003, 10:42 PM
I see stupid people, and they're at Wal-Mart!

Old Fossil
01-24-2003, 12:56 AM
Saw an Armadillo on the half-shell today, beside the Interstate near a Waffle House. Did not eat at the Waffle House.

Originally posted by kidhuman
I always see dead stuff living inthe mountains.

That's creepy, man. Remember, the Dead hate the Living!

Darth Trymybestus
01-28-2003, 05:06 PM
I saw a dead awful movie, it's called Vanilla Sky :crazed: :D

Kidhuman
01-28-2003, 06:25 PM
I liked that movie. Made no sense until the end. Kept me interested

Old Fossil
01-28-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
And my wife saw a dead bird in the tree with no body, just wing span between 2 branches

The tree had no body? :eek:

You're creepin' me out, man.:crazed:

scruffziller
02-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
I see stupid people, and they're at Wal-Mart!

Yep and it seems like the higher you go up in the WM food chain they dumber they get.:D

jjreason
02-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Ive seen some dead yuckies too. Water does really, really ugly stuff to a dead thing. And the creepies in the water (sea lice especially) do really creepy things to those really creepy things the water is doing really creepy things to, too. Bluck.

I also have a guy living across the back lane who is an amateur butcher. Every fall people bring bears, moose, elk and deers from miles around to have them cut up and skinned. Freaky.

Kidhuman
02-04-2003, 07:19 PM
I see dead people. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Sidious
02-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Yesssss...All dead, all rotten, elves and men and orcses. :D

EDIT-Oh, by the way, DO NOT post pictures of the deads you see. I ran over a dead cat the other day, all its organs went *squiiissshhh* and they were all over the road...

JediTricks
02-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Don't post pictures of such things on these forums unless you enjoy being suspended.

Darth Sidious
02-05-2003, 05:57 AM
Sorry JT, I changed it. I'd like to keep this thread opened, so we'll keep it clean.

JediTricks
02-05-2003, 06:23 PM
OKedokey

James Boba Fettfield
02-08-2003, 03:10 AM
I saw a guy get hit by a car a few days ago. This guy just stepped out in a one way street. One car drives by and his eyes are watching it the whole time he walks right out in front of this other car. Remember, I'm about 100 yards away and 8 stories high when I saw this, but the guy looked dead as soon as he nailed the road even though it wasn't bloody or anything. From what I heard from some guys in my building though, he is luckily alive.

Jargo
02-08-2003, 11:33 AM
That's freaky I saw a grande accidente a few years back just like that and the woman got hit and thrown twenty feet in the air, over the top of the car and when she landed she was all twisted and limp. :( It was annoying because I was on a bus and it got stopped and made me late for a hospital appointment.
Never did find out if she lived.
Saddest thing was she was running from the cemetry to catch the bus...... :cry: :D :evil: irony, gotta love irony.

I see dead things all the time too. just as my dog buster rolls in them and gets their bits stuck in his fur all smelly and gooey. Foxes kill stuff like wabbits and squiggels and boids and moice and then buster enjoys them... Man they stink the car out.

The only dead person I ever saw close up was my Grandma. I went to view the body because my brother wanted to and needed someone with him.
She was all covered in a shroud save for her face. And what struck me was how small she was and how big the coffin was. And how massive her breasts were compared to her small frame. never thought about that when she was alive, just used them as cushions to lean on when I was but a wee boy, while she read me stories. :D innocence is bliss.

But yeah it was weird because she didn't have her glasses on and she didn't seem like my Grandma without them. really just like she was sleeping, because she slept with the duvet pulled up right around her face.
Kinda strange and spooky but natural all at the same time.
The funeral parlour guys really did a good job making her look nice. They remembered seeing her shopping across the street for all the years she lived nearby and they knew she never wore make-up so they didn't do that to her. Like how sometimes you see dead people wearing blusher and eyeshadow and it's not the real person? hmmm... don't think I want to go see bodies anymore though. Those funeral places smell funny. :dead:

Darth Sidious
02-08-2003, 11:51 AM
I have had a plethora of experiences with pets and their deads too. My cat is very vicious and bloodthirsty (Or was when she wasn't so fat and lazy) and she caught a rabbit. She had it pinned down and snapped its neck with her jaws. Then she eviscerated it and played with its tripes as if they were some sort of grotesque, fetid, post-mortem harp. Then the maggots came, and consumed the rotten flesh. Oh, how they wriggled. The stench was quite putrid indeed.

Kidhuman
02-09-2003, 01:28 PM
My cat is forever bringing baby mmice to the door and eating them. He bites the heads off and rips the guts out. Kinda cool but nasty when my dog goes out and tries to eat it.

Jargo
02-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Cats are always bringing dead things to the house as a food offering. Dead birds and voles and mice and such like. It's their way of contributing. Dogs just like to roll in the smells. particularly if they've just been showered or bathed. They hate the soap smell. Dead pigeons are a speciality of busters. A fox will chew one up and leave the carcass all bloody and rotting and then Buzz goes and rolls in it. getting all the muck on his shoulders and round his collar so you can't grab hold of him and drag him away without geting dead stuff on your hands. Which is why we carry surgical gloves in the car, never touch a dead thing without gloves. ;) Of course, if we ever got stopped and searched by the police they might start asking questions about those gloves....... :eek:
Saddest dead thing I saw was a dead dog just left at the side of a road. Hit and run. beautiful looking golden retriever. :cry: and once i was on a bus and the driver hit a lovely Alsatian dog, about two years old and coat as shiny as anything. Just a bump and then the bus stopped and the driver got out and moved the dog to the side of the road and then drove on. I think he radioed in that he'd hit it though so at least he didn't just drive off. Can't bear thinking about bad things happening to dogs.

Like this one time on a school trip to a historical town, we passed a young guy walking his puppy, lovely thing it was, terrier of some kind. We carried on and did our field trip stuff of brass rubbings and note taking and photo silliness by amusing rude statuary. Then we were walking back to the school bus and the same young guy passed us again only this time he was carrying his dog and it was dead. had blood coming from one ear. really upset me. And still does when i think about it after all these years. Stupid i know, but i think more of dogs than i do humans really.

kadamontaga
02-09-2003, 03:21 PM
We used to have a very kind and loving alsation and I was there when she had some sort of fit, or stroke. It only lasted a few seconds and then she got up. After that she just kept falling over and trying to pace up and down. We had her put down less than an hour later. Its so sad that such a lovely animal had to go through that. Her name was Megan.

On a lighter note, my mum rescued one of our cats as a kitten, the RSPCA had found her badly beaten and covered with lice and ticks. She was woefully malnourished too. Mum essentially nursed her back to health and for a while after that the cat would bring my mum five dead mice every morning. They'd always be completely unspoiled, and arranging side by side, all facing the same way.
I think my mum would have preferred chocolate, but it was sweet anyway.

Kidhuman
02-10-2003, 10:36 AM
I remember about 13 years ago when I was on the bus there was a dead dog in the middle of the street. The bus driver stoipped the bus and traffic to get out and put the dog on the side of the road. I still feel a bit sad when I think of it. I thought it was a brave and courageous thing to do.

EricRG
02-12-2003, 12:26 AM
I saw the Grateful Dead once.

Now they're just "The Dead".

mabudonicus
02-12-2003, 08:47 AM
When I was about 10 years old, I was walking home from school with my little sister, and we lived in this 10 story appartment building... we didn't have to cross any streets, there was a park by a creek that ran all the way from school home...
Right as we were rounding the corner of the building, we pretty much literally stumbled upon a mangled corpse lying in a deep pit and surrounded by sticky blood...
It was actually a guy we knew who had a lot of substance and relationship problems, and he had leapt probably 2 or 3 minutes before we arrived... I was pretty freaked out, and told my sister that the guy was passed out, and that we should leave before the police came and blamed us... my mother didn't believe me til the emergency response showed up a couple minutes later...
I really hope never to see such a thing again, the smell was really unearthly and the image was pretty disturbing... the next day we were walking by the spot, and there were a couple of 6 inch divots where the impact took place, filled with coagulated blood... never understood why something couldn't have been done about that, given where it was and how many kids there were in the area....

Kidhuman
02-12-2003, 09:09 AM
While working at a retail store about 7 years ago, a kid from the high school down the block jumped off the roof. The parking lot was on the roof of the building. It was right at Christmas time too. I felt bad for his family and wondered why a teenage kid would do that. It was horrible to see his mangled body lying there. I didn't see him jump, but a few girls where smoking over there and saw him hit the floor. They were all crying about it.

On an unrelated note while working in the same store, one customer got hit inthe head with a golf club by another customer. He was looking at his sister and the guy didn't like it. He was lying in the mens underwear sectin with his scalp busted open. Ick. The things you see when you work in Loss Prevention.

Jargo
02-12-2003, 05:51 PM
My other half was in a grocery store doing our fortnightly stock up. There was a woman who was blind and she had a guide dog with her, They were just casually going round the store picking up a few things as you do. My other half went around the corner to get something and heard a crash and a yelp and headed back and the dog had been crushed by a falling stock cart. The caged kind they move stock round the stores in, small wheels and high sides. It had been loaded badly and too high and just toppled as the store assistant moved it. Falling onto the dog it crushed the dogs ribbs and insides. The dog was still alive but yelping and in serious pain. My other half stayed around with the woman while they arranged to get the dog to a vets but the dog died. The woman was distraught. She'd not only lost her 'eyes' but also her soul companion. Because some idiot kid didn't listen to his boss and tried to get away with a lazy mans load. It was a lovely golden retriever b*tch too. About two years old so it hadn't been working very long. All the store managed in the way of compensation was a letter saying sorry. And a small donation the guide dogs for the blind association. Which although good in one way will never make up for the loss and pain caused.

Going back to what mabudon wrote. Again this ddn't happen to me but when i was at school we were situated near a river and would go Kayaking there in the summer months. It had good rapids and a weir. There was a bridge we'd all go under to get to the white water part of the weir if we were advanced Kayakers and this one day a few went out and while pasing under the bridge one of the kids got his paddle stuck in what he thought was weeds. Turned out to be the body of a guy in his twenties or thirties. He'd jumped from the bridge onto the rocks below and got tangled in the weeds. So he'd been there a couple of days and as anyone who's ever watched one of those true crimes shows on TV knows, water does the worst things to dead people. Needless to say the poor kid was traumatised at what he found and was never quite the same afterwards, quieter, less outgoing. I reckon I'd have felt the same if I'd seen it. I have to be the most squeamish person going. Can't pass a butchers shop without feeling like I'm going to heave. Can't touch anything squishy or gloopy without balking.

Death is the strangest thing. As long as there's no messiness i'm fine with it. No qualms at all but any nastiness and I go all to pieces. I went to that website that's 'rotten' and I just have the vilest nightmare about some of the stuff they have there. It was sort of a dare to myself at the time to see if i could take the pain but afterwards the images stayed with me and it's not nice. gunshot stuff and after effects of war. crime scene pics. Just horrid. That's not nice at all. don't go there. :(

mabudonicus
02-13-2003, 07:30 AM
Yeah, I saw one image on that site once, as a friend said it was "funny".. if there's funny stuff there, I hope it wasn't like the one pic I saw.....
I think the squeamishness brought out of me by viscera is one of the main reasons I'm vegetarian... I tried to work in Kentucky Fried Chicken once, but the dead chicken meat was WAY too gross, in buckets full of blood, little onion-bags full of chicken parts, and you had to pull off heads or feathers that made it through processing, and you had to break some bones with your hands to make sure they cooked evenly... I lasted one day, and that was it, it was disgusting...
And yeah, Jargo, seeing that dead guy I saw messed me up in a really weird way, it's etched into my mind on a really high level.... it made me somehow aware of mortality in ways I wish I wasn't, if that makes sense

Jargo
02-13-2003, 10:31 AM
Totally. As someone who lives with a terminally ill person I'm building myself up to the day when I get out of bed and find that there's a dead person in the room next door. I mentally rehearse how I'll react and plan the things i'll need to do. It's just my way of coping. To be detached from it and make it an impersonal thing. There'll be plenty of time after to grieve but what's needed is a level head. having time to plan for it is the strangest mind **** though. We talk about funeral plans and such, just casual while we eat dinner or take the dog for a walk. Human mortality is nothing to be afraid of anymore. I've seen more images of dead people than i care to count. I worked in a hospital as a security guard and worked on the wards where they send the dying. I've seen plenty of dead people on the slab trolleys. Saw my dead grandma close up. I'm fine with death even though given the choice I'd never look it in the face again. But i chose to live with a dying person. I'm all they have really. Life will be so very empty when they've gone. :cry: But that's not to say we're all doom and gloom, we enjoy each other while we can. Love is a great kind of axel grease for life that's pooey. Not the candy box kind of love but the real kind that means more than trivialities like hearts and flowers. I'm talking great soul bonding stuff. Deeper than life itself. The kind where anything and everything is accepted because that's who we are, real people living real life. We still have a few years left hopefully but it's getting tougher. medication failing, sudden health scares and prolonged stays in hospital. day to day stuff for us and all the time we know that DEATH is standing watching with his scythe ready. but we just laugh at him and flip him the bird. We got stuff to do first. :)

James Boba Fettfield
02-13-2003, 10:35 AM
I used to work in the chicken business, too. Isn't all that blood cool? I remember how cold it was in the walk in fridge where the chicken was kept. We never found any heads, feathers were common. I'm surprised that the chickens were too much for you. I can handle dead animals and all that, but when it comes to a dead human outside of a funeral, I can't deal with it.

Darth Sidious
02-13-2003, 10:44 AM
I am very good at handling death, I am actually planning on performing autopsies after college. I do not think it is funny or cool, but it is not "Scary" for me either. My view about dead things is, hey, they're dead, they really can't hurt you.

mabudonicus
02-14-2003, 07:36 AM
Yeah, the dead chickens didn't scare me, per se, it was just way too gross to touch or handle, all slimey and stuff... blood makes me feel faint, unless it's my own , then I can (and have, unfortunately) deal with it fine...... again, I stopped eating meat or animal products over 10 years ago (I think, it's been a long time anyways) because it bugged me.. I wouldn't eat ketchup when I was young cos it looked too much like blood...
Dead things just bug me on a creepy/unsanitary kind of level, I know they won't "get" me, but then I'm deathly afraid of anything with more than 6 legs, and a lot of that stuff is so small it's sad.

Kidhuman
02-14-2003, 03:12 PM
Blood don't scare me. It is the rank odor from dead things that gets me. Living in a mountain area alot of dead things are on the streets and they can get pretty rank especially a skunk.

Blood or death has never bothered me really. When something is killed and gets disfigured(like the kid I mentioned ablve in a post)that is what gets me. Seeing someones legs over there eyes really turns my stomach. Overall I can handle alot. I used to work in Roy Rogers(a fast food restaraunt that went out of business) and had to make chicken. It never bothered me to stick my hands in the bag with blood. I never saw heads or feathers either.

mabudonicus
02-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Roy musta been getting his chickens from a better place, all's I can say....
And yeah, the smell of dead things, even before they rot, grosses me right out... I hate the smell of blood, too, so much that when it rains wet metal smells gorss to me.. I was trying to fix my cast iron skillet yesterday, and the smell of that thing when wet was really annoying

Darth Sidious
03-07-2003, 07:52 PM
I got to run over a dead rabbit...:dead:

Kidhuman
03-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Good for you, I should be running over some baby things pretty soon in the mountains. Spring is in the air and they love to run in the streets. I hit 2 rabbits around easter here last year. Just glad the kids weren't in the car. It is kinda funny to see fur flying over the hood of your car.

EricRG
03-08-2003, 08:50 PM
Nice Kidhuman. That's excellent. You must be proud of yourself. Get a life, guy.

James Boba Fettfield
03-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Maybe next time you'll swerve on one of those mountain roads to miss a squirrel, kidhuman. Anything smaller than a cat doesn't make me feel too bad. Well, a turtle might, but outside of turtles and cat sized animals, it's all good.

Lord Malakite
03-09-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Well, a turtle might, but outside of turtles and cat sized animals, it's all good.

Of course you would think that way after running over that turtle with a lawnmower.

Now your room smells like cat food because the thing can't be returned to the wild due to it being domesticated.

James Boba Fettfield
03-09-2003, 12:50 AM
That turtle needed to be saved after I mistook his shell for a rock! It was my duty to save and domesticate it.

Kidhuman
03-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Half the dead things just come running out of the woods with no warning. So you just keep going and BAM!!!!! Blood on the bumper.

James Boba Fettfield
03-09-2003, 11:18 AM
That reminds me of something I saw on tv once. I forgot what it was, but images of animals being run over and flying over the bumper......a movie....thinking.

I think it's from the movie Baseketball. Not sure, but I think that's where I saw it.

Old Fossil
03-09-2003, 11:31 AM
When I was 14 or so, my family and I lived in the Boondocks: surrounded by miles and miles of fields and pine woods. Far behind our house was a very very large field, where an "absentee rancher" kept a big herd of beef cattle.

Being of an adventurous, inquisitive nature, I was always roaming those woods and fields, nosing around. One day, I found what I first thought was a dead steer. It was lying in a depression in the woods not far from the large field. There were no other cattle around, and I assumed it had been sick and the owner had led it into the woods and shot it. The body was all caved in in places, and you could see the bones through the hide quite clearly.

As I got closer I saw to my everlasting shock that the steer was still alive. It blinked its eyes and lowed a little. When I tried to push it up into a standing position (the animal was too weak to stand), I saw that it had begun to rot on the side it was lying on.

There was no signs of trauma that I could see. I had no idea why the steer was there, but I knew I couldn't just leave it to suffer. There was really no one I could get in touch with to help me with it. I had no gun.

I took it by the head and twisted, twisted till I heard bones popping. I twisted the head 360 degrees. Even then it took a few terrible minutes for the steer to stop breathing.

I cried quite a bit about the whole unfair cruelty of it for a long time, and the experience has stayed with me over the years. It kind of showed me how helpless we humans can be in the presence of Death.

James Boba Fettfield
03-09-2003, 11:50 AM
Saddest post ever.

Jargo
03-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by EricRG
Nice Kidhuman. That's excellent. You must be proud of yourself. Get a life, guy.

Is there anything this guy doesn't object to? Talk about party pooper!!! :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
03-09-2003, 04:50 PM

Do you know me? Do you think I like killing things? Then just hush!!! For your info...if an animal runs out into the street I will do my best to avoid it. But if I can't then so be it. Why don't you get a life instead of coming on here and trying to start trouble.

EricRG
03-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Kidhuman,

I don't know you, but since you posted the fact that you find humor in seeing fur flying over your hood, yes, that would indicate you enjoy killing things. That comment disgusted me. If finding humor in the death of an innocent animal is a party, have at it guys. I will **** all over such a thread.

Jargo
03-09-2003, 08:28 PM
If you can't find humor in death then you might as well just give up all hope of ever finding any real friends and go stick that shotgun in your mouth count to five and pull the trigger baby. If you can't see the black humor in death that lets us let off the pain of it all then you need to get a life yourself, sounds like you either don't have much external stimuli or you just aren't too sociable. It's one of the brains defense mechanisms to laugh in the face of bad things. It's how intelligent humans stop themselves becoming insane. It isn't wrong to laugh at death it's wrong to sanctify it and sanitise it. How the hell is anyone supposed to learn to deal with death if they can't even talk about it or experience the darkly humorous side? A human is a dour sad wraith of a being if he cannot laugh or at least see the humor for what it is. It's not glorying in the death of animals, It's making light of the fact that unfortunately sometimes animals get in the way of our vehicles and die. It's an irony that they die because they own the land and walk where they want to and us intruders and vandals mow them down with increasing frequency. It's nasty messy and sad to kill wonderful wild animals but if we spent all our time thinking how sad and how wonderful that beast once was and glorified the dead and sainted them and built shrines to them then we'd go nuts, so to get over the fact that we accidentaly kill animals sometimes we use humor to soothe the nerves and to salve our guilt. if you saw Kidhumans post as anything more sinister then it's your own warped brain at fault. And you have fun ****ing all over this thread. Whatever cuts your mustard big guy. If ****ing all over threads is what passes for fun in your neck of the woods then it might explain your sense of humor deficit.

You have a nice day and don't walk that **** on the carpets. It's murder to get that stuff out.

EricRG
03-11-2003, 12:57 AM
Jargo,

I guess you also think that chopping down the rainforests is simply a bunch of sweet little animals getting in our way???

Did you find Twodot's story humorous? Perhaps you could point the funny line out to me.

Maybe I am out of touch with the world (which with the way the world is these days, might be a GOOD thing!) but I'm sorry, I just don't get your line of thinking. It's that type of thinking that trivializes such things as the rainforest.

James Boba Fettfield
03-11-2003, 01:30 AM
I can't wait for the summer to start up back in the US, because I miss all the house flies that invade my home. There's nothing sweeter than smacking the **** out of a fly, or even sometimes a horsefly, because those *****es know how to bite. Stupid horseflies, I miss ending their lives.

On a totally separate note, I was looking at the snopes site tonight, and I was looking through their section on pictures. I saw this one about a drug dealer/user/something evading police, and he jumped off this over pass I think it was, and hit a wrought iron fence. The fence took off his head, and snopes site says that the pictures and story were true. Wow, that's all I could think when I saw it.

Kidhuman
03-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Sounds pretty gruesome. Being decapitated by a fence. Not my first choice on how to go, probably not in the top 100

Darth Sidious
03-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Actually being decapitated is right up there for me in lists of ways to die (That are not natural). It would be fast and rather painless. Although I would rather NOT be decapitated by a fence. I'd like something razor sharp, smooth, and heavy instead.

Eternal Padawan
03-11-2003, 03:50 PM
I saw the Grateful Dead once.

Now they're just "The Dead".

I was working at this retail establishment and the supervisor and I were in the countdown room, counting drawers down and she was listening to this truly hideous music on a tape and I said "Who's the garage band?". She gave me a furious look and informed me it was a live recording from a Grateful Dead concert.

Man, they sucked.

I didn't know Jerry Garcia was missing a finger for the longest time.

Jargo
03-11-2003, 04:35 PM
During decapitation the brain stays active and so does your conscious self so you would be aware of your surroundings for a couple of minutes before you died. that wopuld mean you would see your own headless body seeping ooze. If you happened to be facing the right - or wrong - way. I can't think of anything more disconcerting than to be so disorientated (yes, that's the correct spelling) and be seperated from my body and be conscious of it happening, not to mention that the pain receptors in the brain would still be working from the wound up which would be quite horrific really, head pains are much worse than body pains in their intensity. And with no way to soothe it it'd be awfully confusing trying to rub your head better with arms that are no longer available for your use. And then you'd start to fade away into lifelessness as the oxygen ran out and your brain starved, and the blood oozed out of your neck and your brain dies. You don't live long after decapitation but long enough for it to be a horrible way to die. And that's if it was a clean cut. During the dark days of yore when execution would often be by decapitation it would sometimes take several cuts to sever the head from the shoulders. The victim would either pass out from the pain and shock or be awake and aware of what was happening. Being decapitated by railings or by fast moving vehicles ( imagine sticking your head out the side window of your car on a busy freeway and a truck gets a litle too close and BANG! there goes your head) isn't going to be a nice clean cut. messy.

Eric, The rainforests? what int'ar'nation are you talking about? Have you lost your mind? Trivialising the rainforests, how can you compare the rainforests to a small rodent or stray bobcat? If you paid attention to what i say around here instead of slipping on your hair shirt and beating yourself with birch twigs then you'd know that I strongly object to any destruction of wild areas such as forests and atols, canyons and valleys, caves and woodland. I'm oposed to unneccesary building where trees are destroyed in the process and i firmly believe that for every tree destroyed two should be planted in their place. But at the end of the day i also believe that nature has it's own way of dealing with trees such as self felling, fires, disease. And look at it this way, if George bush sends us all to war there soon won't be anyone left on the planet when all the large weapons get used, nuclear winter for all and then we nature starts over. New species and plant life, evolution. Survival of the fittest. The human race is de-evolving and over populating so it's time it was culled. Nature will see to it that humans are culled all right. Natural disasters. disease famine, fire, flood, earthquake and volcano.... Nature seems to be telling us humans something already. She's ****** off and wants some peace and quiet. This human infestation is really starting to irritate and get under her skin. I don't trivialise the larger issues eric, i just try to cope with the darkness by making a little light. Same as most people here. You on the other hand are only happy when in confrontational clashes. That's as clear as crystal. Frankly i find that rather dull. Now if you don't mind i have some friends here to go speak with.

Lord Malakite
03-11-2003, 04:56 PM
During decapitation the brain stays active and so does your conscious self so you would be aware of your surroundings for a couple of minutes before you died. that wopuld mean you would see your own headless body seeping ooze. If you happened to be facing the right - or wrong - way. I can't think of anything more disconcerting than to be so disorientated (yes, that's the correct spelling) and be seperated from my body and be conscious of it happening, not to mention that the pain receptors in the brain would still be working from the wound up which would be quite horrific really, head pains are much worse than body pains in their intensity.

Actually Jargo, I don't really think you would feel that much pain from being decapited. Under more extreme injuries such as cutting a finger, the loss of a limb, etc., the brain usually shuts off most, if not all, receptors from responding due to the shock. Thats why it dosen't hurt as much if you cut yourself with a knife while fixing dinner as it would if you got a paper cut while writing a letter.

EricRG
03-12-2003, 12:58 AM
Yeah man, sorry to be confrontational, but being able to "experience" decapitation is an old wives tale.

Between pain receptor shutdown, shock, and rapid loss of blood, you'd be lucky to "experience" any of it. Think about it. Many people are ready to pass out if they give only a pint of blood from their arm. You'd lose all the blood in your head head almost instantly.

Tonysmo
03-12-2003, 02:25 AM
If you heat the peanut oil up first - then chop the head off a catfish - you can cook it, and eat it, in the presence of the head which is still gasping for air.. quite amusing actually.. fresh fish.. cant beat it..

Jargo
03-12-2003, 07:26 AM
Well maybe you wouldn't feel pain but even without much blood there's still at least two minutes of life left in the head before it actually dies. Eyes move and lips move and stuff, random movements I know due to the trauma but I have it on good authority from someoe who's been to the scene of many train accidents that the head doesn't die straight away The blood doesn't all pump out because there's no pressure behind it any more, the wound once exposed to oxygen will start to coagulate and clot so impeding the flow out, residual oxygen within the brain tissue keeps the brain fed for just so long without a new breath delivering or the heart pumping it there. It's something akin to drowning in effect.

Still if you want to disbelieve go right ahead. The other thing is that the brain will not know it's been decapitated because when you lose a limb you still feel that there's a limb there due to the nerves and such in the stump. The brain can't understand why there isn't a limb where there should be one and just carries on regardless. So to lose a whole body, the brain would just act like it was still there. the confusion arising from feeling like the body is still attached and sending out messages to move when being able to see the body elsewhere sans head. But you still don't believe me so i shall go away and do some research on this and bring back facts.

James Boba Fettfield
03-12-2003, 08:04 AM
No, what you guys want to do is ask me more about this guy who had his head taken off. He looked Jamaican, but that might have been just from his dreadlocks and I assumed that. If the dude's head was alive for those extra two minutes with that wrought iron spike in it, **** that is terrible then. Crazy, wild stuff.

Lord Malakite
03-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Still if you want to disbelieve go right ahead. The other thing is that the brain will not know it's been decapitated because when you lose a limb you still feel that there's a limb there due to the nerves and such in the stump. The brain can't understand why there isn't a limb where there should be one and just carries on regardless. So to lose a whole body, the brain would just act like it was still there. the confusion arising from feeling like the body is still attached and sending out messages to move when being able to see the body elsewhere sans head. But you still don't believe me so i shall go away and do some research on this and bring back facts.

I believe that when you lose an apendage and it feels like its still there are called phantom pains. From the way I understood it, phantom pains don't arise immediately after the amputation takes place, but sometime later. You'd be dead long before you felt phantom pains from being decapitated. The drowning thing sounds about right. Go ahead and do your research.

EricRG
03-12-2003, 11:09 AM
Yes, involuntary muscle spasms will still occur. No doubt. But we're talking about CONCIOUSNESS, right? Huge difference.

Kidhuman
03-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Well if a chicken will still run around without a head, why not a human? I guess it is possible, have never seen it.

James Boba Fettfield
03-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Well, in this guy's case I don't know how long it took him to die or whatever. In the pics it looks the iron spike went into his brain, but I couldn't really tell.

On an earlier note, Baseketball came on USA yesterday morning and I watched it. That is the movie I saw that showcases the show about killing animals and watching them fly over the bumper and onto the windshield. I still laugh everytime I see it.

Jargo
03-13-2003, 07:34 AM
Changed my mind, can't be bothered spending cash on a dial up connection looking for a fact in a haystack. Bored now anyway.

I'm hangin' out the gone fishin' notice on this one.

Old Fossil
03-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Yes, involuntary muscle spasms will still occur. No doubt. But we're talking about CONCIOUSNESS, right? Huge difference.

Exactly! There IS a huge difference -- kind of like the difference between what our President does, and the thought processes of a thinking human being.:crazed:

Kidhuman
03-28-2003, 09:11 AM
Don't let this thread die.

Darth Sidious
03-28-2003, 04:04 PM
We wont let it be a dead! A bird hit the window and I watched my cat rip it up and crush the skull...It was weird. I got pics, but I won't post them since JT said not to. :)

Kidhuman
03-28-2003, 06:17 PM
My cat brought another dead mouse to the door a few days ago. This one was still intact and my dog tried to eat it.