PDA

View Full Version : Sandcrawler

WesleySr
01-07-2003, 09:15 PM
Okay, I've heard from other places that the Sandcrawler is cancelled. Can anyone elaborate on this. And if it is true, WHY? Also, does anyone have pics of the first 2 accessory sets for this year??? I have seen the pics of the Yavin set.

Beast
01-07-2003, 09:21 PM
The only site that has announced that it has been cancelled for next year, is The Private Universe. I'm going to remain optimistic until Galactic Hunter, SSG, or Scum have some news. :)

Here's the thread with a link to the Gungan Defense w/ Gungan Warrior and Jabba's Palace w/ Gamorrean Guard Accessory sets that will be shipping with the Yavin one that was you've seen. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16411

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
01-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Jar Jar, always on the ball.
I was about to post this,
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16411
Glad to see the good teamwork around these parts.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-07-2003, 09:29 PM
I hope the sandcrawler isn't cancelled. A vehicle i missed out on i can finally get. I just need to get the POTJ Y-wing and B-wing and then i'm caught up.

Also, is there anymore news on the A-wing and it's availability? I remember hearing it was only a UK exclusive, but that was months ago. Once i get that, i'll only need a Falcon and it's only time before that's re-released. (drools) :D

WesleySr
01-07-2003, 09:30 PM
Once again, thanks JarJar. Although, I read that it was cancelled on POTF2.com.

Beast
01-07-2003, 09:34 PM
The Green A-Wing, according to the release lists for next year appears to be going to Target. I would prefer it was Wal-Mart, but then it is a re-paint of a ship that was available at clearance for sometime. So it shouldn't be that difficult to get.

I didn't know POTF2.com had reported it as well. Still, it's not one of the big three. And since Galactic Hunter broke the original news of it coming out, I'll be wary of any cancellation news until it comes thru a site that I have more faith in. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sentinel18725
01-07-2003, 09:36 PM
OH PLEASE!!!! Don't cancel this. This was one that I never got as a kid that I always wanted. I have even thought about buying two and opening one, along with a bunch of little jawas. :(

Beast
01-07-2003, 09:40 PM
I just checked POTF2.com, their source on the cancellation of the Sandcrawler is "TPU". Which is The Private Universe. So again, they just took their news from somewhere else. I'll wait until I hear somthing concrete. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

WesleySr
01-07-2003, 10:01 PM
Cool, thanks again. Let me know if you hear anything.

Jerjerrod
01-07-2003, 10:07 PM
It would be interesting to see if Hasbro will make this thing bigger than anything in the past, perhaps even bigger than the Tydirium. If they do, I'll take back everything bad I've said about them. :D

Sentinel18725
01-07-2003, 11:45 PM
I think it is just a rerelease of the original wired remote controled one from 1978 (I think). Of course with cheaper wireless capability, do you think they will remove the wire controller or replace it with a wireless controller? It could fetch me some Corona's while I'm on the beach with it:rolleyes:

evenflow
01-08-2003, 05:57 AM
I hope it isn't canceled. I have always wanted one. It is one of the vintage vehicles that i never got that i wanted.

mark2d2
01-08-2003, 12:18 PM
If this ship IS cancelled it will REALLY put me OFF Star Wars collecting for a long, long time.

I have NEVER been this excited about a toy and if it is now snatched away I will NOT be very agreeable towards Hasbro. Not at all.

Beast
01-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Atleast this is the first year that the vehicle was reportadly going to come out. Target has considered and passed on the Twin Pod Cloud Car for the last 3-4 years. So we keep getting these rumors that it's coming this year, and then it's snatched away from us.

But if it does turn out to be cancelled, you really can't blame Hasbro. They want to do these vehicles, but they have to be a retailer exclusive. Thanks to the lack of faith retailers have in large vehicles. And if the retailers pass on it, then it's going to get cancelled. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
01-08-2003, 12:42 PM
I don't think the Sandcrawler is cancelled. It's just a website wondering if they will get it or not. It'll be a great toy when it shows.

WesleySr
01-08-2003, 02:25 PM
I tell you what, and I hope retailers are listening. My favorite business to get exclusives is the fan club. One main reason, ONLINE AVAILABILITY. Now I've never had much of a problem with Wal-Mart and TRU, although I did miss the TIE Interceptor, but I dont even want to talk about Target. There wasn't even one in the state of West Virginia until after the Y-Wing. They were the reason I quit collecting 12". They were getting all of the good exclusives and I had no way of getting one at retail. I still have not seen any of the Accessory sets in store. I will give TRU a little credit, they are trying to offer their exclusives online, although they keep selling out. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Wal-Mart or Target have ever offered their exclusives online. FAO is a different story, they never sell out of their exclusives, because they are twice as high as what any other retailer would sell them at. $140 for the shuttle is WAY TOO HIGH, but I paid it. (OUCH) I think everyone would be happy with exclusives if everyone had an opportunity to get one. I've said it once and I'll say it again. PRE-ORDER and then make enough to fill all the pre-orders and then make a certain amount more. Sell the pre-orders online and in the store so that EVERYONE has an equal opportunity to get one. HOW HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND??? I hope someone from Hasbro reads this and passes it along to the people who they sell these exclusives to. Well, I think I've let off enough steam for one day.

mark2d2
01-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Okay, Galactic Hunter has a article about how the Build Your Own Lightsaber Kit is NOT cancelled. As had been reported on a few sites. (Can't remember which off the top of my head, but I definitely DO remember reading this a while back.) Anyway, apparently it WAS not cancelled. Just postponed.

So, perhaps we'll soon find out that the Sandcrawler cancellation news was false as well. (We can only hope. Hope! HOPE!) The article goes on to say that in February there will be official news about all the releases for 2003. I guess then we'll know.

Jargo
01-10-2003, 01:31 PM
It's all coming from Diamond comics. They feed the news to retailers who then post it as fact and right behind everything feeding Diamond comics crap news is Hasbro themselves. Apparently the cantina sets arew also 'suspended until further notice' according to one dealer. Hasbro really screwed up big time if so much of their inventory has been delayed like this. What the hell are they doing, hatching the toys from eggs themselves? Jeez how long can it take to churn out a few toys? It's just injection molded cheapo plastic and a few daubs of paint for gods sake. Has there been a chinese revolt or something we haven't heard about? Perhaps aliens abducted the crews of the ships carrying the stock across the oceans and the ships got sucked into the bermuda triangle and were lost forever more.... Well there has to be a perfectly illogical explanation for what Hasbro does because normal logic doesn't even come close to it. Damn crappy company with damn crappy public relations and damn crappy attitudes towards us and kids. Damn crappy product mostly too these days. Just damn crappy.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-10-2003, 03:55 PM
EJ- that was the funniest thing i've read in like weeks. :D

WesleySr
01-11-2003, 12:01 AM
EJ- i totally agree, i don't even think Hasbro is even listening to kids or collectors anymore, except for the occasional Fan Choice Poll. I was happy with my Star Wars when I was little without the stupid action poses, because they all fit into the vehicles.

MESSAGE TO HASBRO > YOUR COMPANY PROCTOLOGIST CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THEY FOUND ALL OF YOUR HEADS.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-11-2003, 12:12 AM
WesleySr- why would the proctologist for Hasbro call you and tell you this? Kinda odd that you have ties with hasbros proctologist services. A bit too much info to share with the boards!! :D:crazed:

Turbowars
01-12-2003, 12:13 AM
Why would they listen to kids? Kids don't bit ch and complain about this crap, we do! Besides IMO kids don't buy SW. The only thing that Hasbro seems to be doing right is making ships. Not the marketing of them, just the ships. Hasbro and FAO have their heads so far up their poopers that they can't even begain to understand our frustrations

WesleySr
01-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Jedi_Master_Guyute - just to let you know, that was a joke referring to Hasbro having their heads up their butts. You do know what a proctologist is, dont you? :D

mtriv73
01-12-2003, 09:42 AM
I wish Hasbro was bringing their full Star Wars line to the Toy Show in New York. Then we would know for sure what were getting this year and it would put an end to all the rumors.

mark2d2
01-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Tell me about it. I am so frigging sick of "rumours."

Jargo
01-13-2003, 07:00 AM
Y'know what'll happen now don't you? Hasbro will read all the grumbles and think to themselves that no-one wants star wars anymore and just stop making the stuff due to 'low demand' Rather than tackle the problems head on and try to fix things they just trash things as usual. Just like the cinema scenes, rather than fix the problem with the episode one sets which were just too boring for words, they trashed the cinema scene line. low demand didn't mean people didn't want the cinema scenes just that what was on offer was poop. Then it takes years to convince them to restart the cinema scenes and get them to fix some of the problems. So okay they finally went and made some cinema scene like sets but that doesn't alter the fact that they were stupid about the whole issue to begin with. making assumptions without researching public opinion.
The thing with the sandcrawler is that most people want one. Some are happy with the vintage mold and some want a new sculpt with new features and more accuracy. Point being the sandcrawler is a wanted vehicle so it should be out there instead of re-issues of newly sculpted vehicles that have only been out for a matter of months. Jedi starfighter redux, TIE bomber redux etc. People can't give away starfighters fast enough the market is so clogged with them. fair enough the bomber was exclusive so this gives people a chance to get one, but all the same habro should have put the sandcrawler on general release not made it an exclusive. It's not any bigger than the republic gunship. That was a general release. And while I'm ranting, how come the gunship was so damn cheap when all these speeders are so dan expensive? Count Dooku and geonosian speeder is going to cost me almost half the price of the gunship and it's tiny. The numbers don't add up with hasbro.
Even if hasbro do give out the info on what's on offer for 2003 at TOYFAIR they won't be giving out the exclusives info will they? That's between the stores and hasbro. I always thought TOYFAIR was where they tried to sell to every other store, all the stuff on general release schedules. No point trying to sell stuff that's already sold. So there's a possibility that we still won't be any the wiser re the sandcrawler unless someone goes up and bullies them for the info. But if they send the usual goons to TOYFAIR all anyone would get is the company spiel about info being released when things are set in stone which is an impossibility for hasbro. Hasbro changes plans like you change your underwear.
Plus there's no agreement on what the sandcrawler will come with. RA-7 and a Jawa, two Jawas, nothing, no concrete anything from anywhere.

mark2d2
01-13-2003, 01:10 PM
More conflicting Sandcrawler reports today --- one two different sites.

Galactic Hunter acts like it's still on it's way, but that there is still no Official Release Date.

Meanwhile --- Artoosnews.com say that it was never officially confirmed --- so how could it be delayed or cancelled.

However, both seem to think that it WILL, in fact, be coming out at some point. I guess, only time will tell . . .

Beast
01-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Well, that point is true. Hasbro never officially announced the Sandcrawler. But they typically never announce store exclusives. Hell, they never officially announced the Tyderium shuttle either. They do seem to announce Wal-Mart exclusives though, for some reason. But with exclusives, they usually leave it to the stores to get the word out. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks