PDA

View Full Version : New Jabba The Hut Set???

Kidhuman
01-07-2003, 11:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone has heard if Hasbro was going to make a new Jabba the Hutt set in the near future. I would like to see one personally from EP1 with the female Hutt

Turbowars
01-07-2003, 11:17 PM
Nothing has been reported. A 12" version has been rumored.

Banthaholic
01-08-2003, 12:22 AM
I know a ROTJ Jabba is high on many collectors wishlists.

The odds of a EP1 Jabba are unlikely IMO, since they released the 'version' with the 2-headed announcer, and that Jabba many feel is subpar.
Now a Gardola the Hutt, that would be amuch welcome addition to my collection

evenflow
01-08-2003, 06:06 AM
There are just things i just don't understand. Hasbro has t relaize that there is a huge demand for a return of the jedi Jabba the Hutt. They should make him with his base, pipe, bowl, little frogs, Bubo, & a Yarna Da'l Gargan pack-in.

Kidhuman
01-08-2003, 08:44 AM
I agree that it should be made. I remember having the original set, but I only have Jabba now. I would like a new Jabba. I have the one from a few years ago with the Han Solo figure, but I don't open them so I don't know how it looked.I really would like the female Hutt, Gardola(never knew her name til now). It should also come with a Salicous(sp?) Crumb pack in as well.

kdp100
01-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Since we've now had TWO Salacious Crumb models in recent years (with Oola & Amanaman), I think a much stronger case can be made for a sculpt of Bubo (the "giant frog") instead!

Can anyone explain what was so wrong with the 'Glob' Jabba that came out a few years back? It was a good ROTJ likeness, came with 6 plastic chubas, had articulated shoulders & head and was just the right size for the 3.75" figures and the POTF2 Palace card diorama.

Maybe Hasbro should re-release this figure, possibly without the tub of 'Glob'?

Rogue II
01-08-2003, 09:08 AM
The Jabba Glob is the best modern Jabba. I still see him in clearance aisles on occasion. The chubas were a nice touch.

There is still need for a new ROTJ Jabba. I'd like for him to come with his dias, pipe/bowl, and another figure (Yarna, Bubo, Bib Fortuna resculpt, or something).

Fulit
01-08-2003, 10:25 AM
No, the Jabba Glob is completely unnacceptable. He looks squashed. The Jabba in ROTJ was taller, bigger stomach and a different color. Plus, are you supposed to put him on that crappy cardboard Jabba Palace they gave us? I don't think so, it collapses. No, we need an ROTJ Jabba w/ the palace. Right now.

187-Maul
01-08-2003, 10:33 AM
a new jabba would definitly be cool
although I usualy don't buy beasts anymore, I think I would make an exception on this set:) , and a pack-in bubo would be cool as well, or a new bib fortuna pack-in (done right this time, and without an action feature)

Kidhuman
01-08-2003, 02:57 PM
I don't seem to remember the Glob Jabba. The last one I remember was the one that came with Han Solo from ANH added footage. From the sounds of it I didn't miss much if it is not the same.

kdp100
01-08-2003, 06:00 PM
Here's a photo I found on the web a bit earlier featuring a diorama of the 'Glob' Jabba in the cardboard palace, along with some other post-'95 figures - judge for yourselves!

Like the one in the picture, the cardboard dais on my cardboard palace set is fairly sturdy if it's folded out and set up OK on a flat surface, and it supports the Jabba figure easily.

(Sorry, can't remember the URL for this picture - I found it by seaching Google for "Jabba".)

Kidhuman
01-08-2003, 06:09 PM
The picture had Leia in Bouschh and dancer outfits on it?it looked pretty cool though. I really do not remember seeing in stores at all or I most likely would of bought one.

kdp100
01-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Yes, it looks as if whoever set up that diorama was trying to recreate two scenes at once!
Glad they made the effort, though - saved me doing it myself, and gave me time to cook my dinner!

187-Maul
01-10-2003, 01:50 PM
the glob jabba looks cool but if you compare him with the actual ROTJ jabba he looks very different
so please hasbro, release a new ROTJ Jabba !

Kidhuman
01-10-2003, 05:46 PM
Should start a Dear Hasbro thread on this or just move it there.:)

Jargo
01-10-2003, 07:38 PM
There's about six hundred jabba request threads in dear hasbro already. They know we want one but they'll wait for the anniversary year to put him out, 25th anniversary is 2008 so after we get the archival editions of the movies on DVD we'll get a resurgance of interest in star wars and just before the license is up they'll make a definitive jabba that no-one can find because they short produce him and never make any more because someone else wins the license.....

Okay pessimism over. I reckon we probably will get one, there's no beasts lined up for this year apart from the possibility of a Wampa in the Wampa attack screen scene. So what better reason to churn a jabba out than to fill the gap? Jabba the Hutt, an Aiwha with kaminoan and a Geonosian picador with Orray and execution cart. Four beasties in a year that are all pretty small. Well the WEampa isn't that small but he isn't huge. Same with jabba really, not small but not huge. Jabba with his dias like the vintage one would be the best option, the dias and the backrest with pipe and bowl of frogs.

Actually there was a rumor that jabba would turn up in 2002 with Bib Fortuna. Seem to recall that tradefederation.net had a report about it. Perhaps it was intended to be a screen scene? Bib leaning over to convey the words of the Jedi to his master. Personally I'd prefer a Slave Leia sitting at Jabba's belly myself. The deluxe slave Leia is great but what i want is for her to look like a slave with Jabba holding the chain and her sitting looking uncomfortable with Salacious crumb leering at her... So I would like to see jabba on his dias with his backrest and pipe and bowl and slave Leia sitting with a chain attached to her neck. Jabba shopuld have no gimmicky button activated tail flicking action but instead should have a bendy tail that can be posed how you want it. He should have arms that are articulated with wrists and bicep cuts. His head should turn and he should have a slightly open mouth with a removable tongue. You just pop it in or take it out depending on whether you want him slavering over Leia or not. The frogs should come with the bowl and should be removable. The back rest should have the control panel jabba slams to release the trapdoor in front of his dias (not included in set). In short it should be a deluxe set in the true sense of the word and it should be done with regard to us collectors being the driving financial force behind the toy line. It should be done without kiddie gimmicks and made as a fantastic display piece and also a perfect diorama piece. A massive screen scene. Two sets rolled into one big one. And jabba should be big and fat and rubbery. Real feel skin. and the right color too. With his tattoo on his arm and drrol round his mouth. Orange eyes not yellow. glassy like the vintage one but bigger. The Jabba to end all Jabba's.

Kidhuman
01-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Since I started this thread I went and dug out my ROTJ Jabba and sat him on my monitor. I agree they should have a figure with it. My opinion is has Slave Leia like you said, with crumb leering at her. Have Bib Fortuna and C-3PO in back of Jabba as well. That would be a deluxe set. Since I do not open boxes or packages anymore, I really wouldn't have an opinion on what he looks like as long as it isn't total crap. I would love a new Jabba set like everyone else. Heck I might buy 2 if it was really nice. I do agree that it should be made with exact likeness, not some thrown together peice of junk. I definitley agree that his tail should be poseable, looking at my monitor right now. The head and tail simultaneous movemnet wouldn't cut it for me either. I just wish I had the rest of the set to go with it. I also didn't like the idea of him sitting on holding area either. They would have to make the throne solid with no openings on it. Well I guess I did have an opinion afterall:crazed:

evenflow
01-13-2003, 05:43 AM
The pack ins really should be Bubo and Yarna Da'l Gargan. There really isn't a need for another Salacious Crumb, SLave Leia, 3PO, or anything like that.

Jargo
01-13-2003, 06:39 AM
I see Leia as just a sort of ornamentation for Jabba so she doesn't need to be very special just a molded lump of sitting Princess. Yarna deserves better than a mere pack-in status, she should be carded and have love and attention to detail and articulation lavished on her. Bubo should be part of the small beasts assortment and come as a deluxe figure with some sort of vocalisation like the Nexu, shove a big bucket of meaty scraps in with him and maybe a Jawa. But since we don't need a new Leia especially that's why i reckon on her being good pack-in fodder because pack-ins don't tend to be great quality. If not Leia then herat the fan holding jawa. I don't see there being much in the way of large pack-ins with a guy as big as Jabba TBH. In a way i'd rather they spent the money developing him and made damn sure he was something special. If the shoved stupid gimmicks into a Jabba that would just about kill my interest in colecting star wars. We've had two appallingly bad jabbas and one half decent one in the modern lines. The answers to making a good Jabba are staring them in the eye but they just don't see it. Instead they think the answer is to give jabba some goofy gimmick when it's a case of giving him good articulation and detail, freedom of movement so he can be posed. That's what instigates play for kids, that's what makes a collector happy. Shoving a gimmick in jabba will grow tiresome for kids within days and it infuriates collectors. Giving Jabba a bendy tail and decent body articulation is the only real way forward as far as I'm concerned. Anything else is just an insult to everybody's intelligence and sensibilities.

JediDBM
01-13-2003, 09:26 AM
hey Banthaholic and kidhuman, I think it is pronounced Gardilla the Hutt. Pretty sure anyways. After listening to the Han Solo triligy, they pronounced it Gardilla the Hutt. And did you know that Hutts are unisex? Gardilla starts out as Jabba's uncle, then later becomes Aunt because she has a baby Hutt that is later killed in the triligy.

Kidhuman
01-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Asexual eh?

TheDarthVader
01-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Thats weird...anyways, I agree that the new Jabba should have Bubo and Yarna packed in. We don't want another crumb!!!!! Not again Hasbro, not again!!!!!!

Kidhuman
01-13-2003, 12:56 PM
The only reason I said to put Crumb in it is because I would want them to do it with a ton of figures in it. Put like 6 or 7 figures in it and it would be really cool. The most I ever seen come with any vehicle or playset was 2. Go all out and give the fans what we want. I am sure if it was really nice and had Crumb in it that no one would turn it down.

YodaBoba
01-17-2003, 08:00 AM
I think Hasbro should make a new Jabba from Jedi. I say give him his platform and everything else. As for a pack-in figure...I wouldn't care if it came with one or not. I would STILL buy it. If Hasbro would make a ROTJ Jabba w/ a pack-in I'm hoping he comes with a one the following figures: 3PO w/ green glob on his eye, Bubo, Yarna Da'l Gargan.

JediDBM
01-17-2003, 08:08 AM
who are these two characters? Bubo and Yarna Da'l Gargan. Never heard of these two at all. And that I think is unusual...

Rogue II
01-17-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by JediDBM
who are these two characters? Bubo and Yarna Da'l Gargan. Never heard of these two at all. And that I think is unusual...

Yarna is the fat dancer. She is fairly easy to spot.

Bubo is the "frog dog." He is chained to the doorway to Jabba's court and barks. He is a little harder to see. I don't have my link to Red 6's website handy, otherwise I'd post links to pictures of them.

Edit:

Here you go:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=188319

Banthaholic
01-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Actually JediDBM, we both stand corrected.
I'm not sure how it's pronounced but it's Gardulla the hutt, accorrding to EP1 Visual Dictionary.

Sorry my spelling if sometimes off...

Jerjerrod
01-19-2003, 09:09 PM
Actually, Bib Fortuna "leaning over" would be the best pack-in figure. It would make a great "screen scene". Jabba's right hand should be compatible with POTF slave leias chain, and his left hand should be compatible with little pack-in frog snacks that can be put in and out of a pack-in clear jar, with fake plastic greenish liquid. Jabba also comes with a large platform where he sleeps, and the box should contain the cardboard background which shows the back of his chamber, and figures like Boba Fett 300th, and C-3PO w/removable limbs, and Ree Yees, can all stand there. Wow! Imagine that "screen scene/diorama"!

Are you reading this HASBROOOOOOOOO ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo...

Kidhuman
01-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod

Are you reading this HASBROOOOOOOOO ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo... [/B]

Lets pray they are. I don't really care what pack in comes with it, I just want a new Jabba. My original ROTJ is good but its been so long.(I do have the one that came with Han, but it is not opened.)
Like I said before, give us a nice anniversary editon with a ton of pack-ins. Why wait until 2008 for 25th ann. when 2003 would be the 20th. Give us what we want, take our money for this one please. If anything tell Randy(j/k, We would get some Jabba with flames shooting his the back end). Some-one please make us happy:D <------me being happy. How can they deny that smile?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Kidhuman- how can they deny this smile----> :cool: when i use that to try to get some pics of Jedi Knight Luke?!??!?! Hasbro doesn't have blood in their veins!! Only a thick green ooze.

A new Jabba would rule though. Eventually, we'll get one. :D