PDA

View Full Version : A Question Regarding the Ewoks Vintage Cards

JangoFart
01-08-2003, 01:17 AM
As you all know, I have been collecting the Ewoks and Droids vintage figures. As I'm a carded collector, I have a question regarding some of these cards. Here it is: Some of the figure - Wicket, Logray - have flat colored card backs while other figures - Dulok Scout, Dulok Shaman - have high glossy card backs. The difference is VERY noticeable and is clearly not from wear; it's just a different kind of paper. Also, the two Dulok dudes' cards seem to be much more sturdy and thicker than the two Ewoks' cards.

Anyone know if this was some kind of variant from way back in the day? Were there Wickets and Lograys released with this high gloss card back? Or, were the two Ewoks purposefully released with different card backs than the other figures?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

J

Banthaholic
01-08-2003, 12:18 PM
Jango, as you know I also collect the Ewok vintage line and I have three of the Droids Carded, just waiting for $$$ to go for the rest.
With my Ewoks I also noticed the two different types of card backs, at first I was initially afraid of being ripped off. Although I too would like to here from anyone who has more info on the subjedt.

stillakid
01-08-2003, 12:44 PM
I don't collect carded versions, but if you guys happen upon some loose figures, could you please drop me a line? Thanks!

Turbowars
01-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Well back then Glossy paper was very rare and was imported from TJ Mexico. Does that answer your question old Fart? I didn't think so.;)