PDA

View Full Version : Married with Children

evenflow
01-08-2003, 07:49 AM
Hell Yeah, some episodes are going to be released on DVD. Hopefully the release them all.

Beast
01-08-2003, 11:21 AM
Yeah, but they are being released in "Best of" Collections. Instead of the way that they should be released, in Season Sets. Rumor has it, this is just to test the waters for future season sets, which is pretty lame. Since they can easily test the waters with Season 1. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
01-13-2003, 06:52 AM
You got a point, but i will take what i can get.

James Boba Fettfield
01-13-2003, 12:51 PM
Just thought I would throw this out there for you fans.

Married... with Children Reunion this February
Monday, January 13, 2003 4:42 CST

"The Simpsons" will get a surprise visit for their 300th show from old neighbors on the Fox schedule. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Fox will air a one-hour "Married ... with Children" reunion special Feb. 16, the night "The Simpsons" marks its 300th episode milestone.

The first get-together of the cast of Fox's first hit series from Sony Picture Television will coincide with the Feb. 4 release of one of two "Married ... with Children: The Most Outrageous Episodes" DVDs by Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment. Five episodes will be featured on each DVD, including the never-seen-on-TV original uncut version of the infamous "Lost Episode," which will be part of the first volume.

The entire cast of "Married ... with Children" gathered together in a replica of the Bundys' ramshackle living room for the taping of the reunion over the weekend. The special will air in its old Sunday 9 p.m. start time.

Jek Porky 2002
01-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Oh my god, I didn't think there was anyone who actually liked Married With Children.

The only decent think about the show is the daughter!;)

"Wooooooohhhhh! Ouh Ouh Ouh Ouh"

Beast
01-13-2003, 06:01 PM
Married With Children is cool. Though I still prefer the original disfunctional family, "The Bunkers" from All in the Family better though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
01-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Some info on Christina Applegate would be nice!;)

evenflow
01-27-2003, 09:34 AM
Married with Children was the greatest show. I loved it. Reunion sounds cool.

Kidhuman
02-05-2003, 03:32 PM
I loved this show and am looking foward to the reunion and DVD.

Jek Porky 2002
02-05-2003, 03:59 PM
Oh my god, I've only just relised that Christina Applegate is Jesse and was also in The Sweetest Thing with Cameron Diaz, they don't even look like the same person.

JediTricks
02-11-2003, 07:30 PM
The reunion show ad aired this weekend and looked like a must-see for a fan like myself; me and my sister went to the big MWC event at the local mall back in '90, got to see the cast and get free MWC swag like the MWC comic book, a MWC bumper sticker, a cast photo, and the "Pig Out with Peg" cookbook - the latter two of which I still have. However, they didn't show the whole cast together, so I am wondering if they're gonna break it up into a few minutes with a few cast members, then a ton of clips from eps, then a few minutes with different cast members. I really hope not though, the MASH reunion was way better with all the cast members in one place, I want this to be like that.

James Boba Fettfield
02-16-2003, 08:11 PM
That wasn't too great of a reunion show. Let's show clips and 30 second interviews for an hour. Thumbs down.

Kidhuman
02-16-2003, 08:44 PM
I dunno I have it taped and will probably watch it tomorrow sometime. Will be back with my personal review.

evenflow
02-17-2003, 09:15 AM
It was alright of a Re-union, but it was still cool to see. I hope they release the Seasons on DVD, although if they do it will not be announced til after Volume 2 is released.

scruffziller
02-17-2003, 02:46 PM
THe reunion was rather enjoyable. THere was scenes of some eps I had never seen.

Fav:

Will that be the law office of Haagan and Daas.......:D :D :D

Mike Troxell
02-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Classy reunion, although all of the cast members' laughter after each of the clips did seem a little fake and forced.

Won't buy a Best-Of disc, but a season set sounds right up my alley.

JediTricks
02-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Trox, long time no see! :)

Just watched it like an hour ago (tape) and it was disappointing. Way too many clips, not enough reunion, felt more like an ad for the DVDs than a reunion for the cast (whom Fox cheated out of a final ep or a real wrap party by not telling them they were cancelled). It was nice to see the cast back together again, but I really wanted to hear more from the non-Bundys too.

2-1B
02-18-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
it was disappointing. Way too many clips, not enough reunion, felt more like an ad for the DVDs than a reunion for the cast

I agree with all of your points, JT - ESPECIALLY the part about it being an ad for the DVDs because it WORKED. :crazed:

I always passed this disc in the store, but after watching the reunion clips I had so many memories come flooding back about how awesome the show was . . . so now I want to pick up the DVD. :crazed:

scruffziller
02-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Yeah but I want the complete seasons!!!!!

12inch Lando
02-18-2003, 03:46 PM
The reunion show was a waste of time. Just a glorified clip show. I enjoyed E True Hollywood Story: Married with Children much more. Has anyone figured out what these "lost episodes" are?

Beast
02-18-2003, 03:57 PM
Complete season sets on DVD would be nice, but they are testing the market with the "Best of" sets. If they sell well enough, that will pretty much ensure that Season sets will be on the way. And it should sell well, because the ratings were high for the reunion show. :)

Viewers also were clearly interested in revisiting the Bundys, as Fox's sit-down reunion/clips show of the long-running "Married" averaged a huge 9.8/21 in adults 18-49 and 19.2 million viewers overall. The demo score is not only higher than that of the recent reunions for "The Carol Burnett (news) Show" on CBS (9.5/23) or "The Cosby Show" on NBC (7.7/17) but also surpasses any nonsports score in the Sunday-at-9 hour for Fox since an episode of "The X-Files (news - Y! TV)" in November 1999.
As for the lost episode on the first "Best of" DVD. It was considered to rauncy for US TV back in 1989. Here's the plot synopsis from epguides.com. :)

45. I'll See You in Court

The Bundys and Rhoades are taped having sex at a hotel. Peggy and Steve decide to sue, but only the Rhoades get money.

NOTE: This episode never aired in the U.S. because FOX considered it too controversial, although it aired out of the U.S. several times.

The cable channel FX has aired this episode on June 18, 2002 after years of being unaired in American syndication due to its controversial content (i.e., the hotel videotaping couples in their private moments).

This UNAIRED episode was finally aired on the FX cable channel on June 18, 2002 at 8:30 central. FX, FOX gone cable has been airing Married With Children through syndication and has brought out some surprises with lost episodes and all.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

12inch Lando
02-18-2003, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the info JJB.:)

JediTricks
02-18-2003, 07:46 PM
I saw that "lost ep" a few months ago on FX, they rerun it every 4 months or so.

If you guys miss the show so much, why don't you just watch it on FX or in syndication? I know why I don't, because I've seen every ep like 50 times now because of that. :D

Beast
02-18-2003, 07:55 PM
Well, I do watch it on FX. But syndication always butchers TV shows, even recent ones. Hell, even the recent Simpsons episodes are cut when they hit syndication. Which is truely as shame. But it's even worse for old TV shows.

Like All in the Family, originally episodes were around 26 minutes long. 3 Minutes of commercials and a minute for station identification/coming up next announcements. Today, most shows run 22 minutes without commercials.

So on TV shows from the 70's your losing around 4 minutes, and even from the 80's your losing 2 at least. The ammount of commercials on TV now adays is pathetic. That's why TV on DVD is so popular right now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

12inch Lando
02-18-2003, 07:55 PM
I've seen most of them a ton of times too but I did let the show fall by the wayside a bit after the "Seven" year. I wouldnt mind catching up on those.

evenflow
02-19-2003, 01:23 PM
I just hope they release the seasons.

scruffziller
03-25-2003, 02:03 PM
YES IT IS CONFIRMED!!!!

The seasons will be released starting next December.

Eternal Padawan
03-25-2003, 02:29 PM
Oy. (smacks forehead)

I cannot keep up with all these great shows on DVD. My wallet will stage an uprising. :(

evenflow
03-31-2003, 09:30 AM
Confirmed, hell yeah. Where did you hear the news?

Jek Porky 2002
03-31-2003, 04:35 PM
When did the show actually finish?

I think it was deffinatly still running in 1997, it used to be on Sky One every night at around 6. I think it was any way,

**Question for all the English people here, did Married With Children used to be on Sky One at around 6pm in about 1997?**

Beast
03-31-2003, 04:54 PM
I can't find any confirmation news, at the usual places. Not even TVshowsonDVD.com, who is one of the major players in trying to get season sets released. Where did you hear this supposed confirmation, Scruffy? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
04-01-2003, 07:35 AM
Here is the e-mail I got.

MWC on HBS.com - 7:07 PM 2/28/2003
Hollywood*****Slap.com keeps a master list
(http://hollywood*****slap.com/hbs.cgi?feature=257) of DVDs expected to come out between now and the end of the year. They are now listing "Married...with Children (TV Seasons)" with a "placeholder" release date of 12/31/03 (in other words, "before the year is over", according to the logic of the list). This inclusion is based on unconfirmed rumors, similar to those that placed other shows like E.R. and Smallville on their list. Do they know something we don't know? We sure hope so, because Columbia is not willing to confirm or deny rumors of that nature, despite the very strong ratings that the recent MwC Reunion Special got. Bundy fans should sit tight, and when solid season set info comes along, we will let you know.

You were sent this email because you have expressed having "Married... with Children" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information".

Gord Lacey - http://www.TVShowsOnDVD.com

I need to stop skimming.:(

Beast
04-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Yep, I had heard of it on that list of releases. But it's not a definate listing and doesn't refer to exactly what the release will be. It could be another "Best Of" release. Hopefully season sets are on the way. But I'll wait for confirmation from any of the major DVD sites before I throw a victory celebration. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
04-01-2003, 03:02 PM
I think I may have gotten over excited. I hope there is more news about this. What are the sites that are usually accurate?

JediTricks
04-01-2003, 06:37 PM
MWC ended abruptly in '97, 11 seasons after it first ran.

OC47150
04-25-2003, 04:49 PM
Are the best of DVDs worth picking up? I haven't yet.

Someone posted earlier about the E! BTS story. Yes, the E! show was better than the reunion show but it was nice Fox acknowledged a show that helped get the network on the radar screen.

evenflow
05-03-2003, 10:23 AM
I bought them. Three reasons why:

1. Could not resist.
2. If they do releae seasons, the so-called lost episode should technically not appear in any season so to have that you would have to buy this set.
3. I hope that if they see these sold, then there is an interest and will releae seasons.

scruffziller
06-24-2003, 01:46 AM
Season sets being worked on
6/20/2003

We're happy to pass on the news that season sets of "Married... with Children" are coming. Just a few minutes ago we got off the phone with someone at Columbia TriStar who confirmed that the studio is working on the first season set, with an expected release in early October. Please note that this timeframe is not solid and may change.

OC47150
06-24-2003, 08:40 AM
IMO, the earlier seasons with Steve are some of the funniest.

I can't wait for the boxed sets.

scruffziller
07-07-2003, 10:35 AM
I went off and bought the first volume with the LOST EP.
I thought the lost ep was the one where Kelly keeps hitting Bud in the head with a hammer. What was that one?

scruffziller
07-29-2003, 08:06 AM
CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

We've added a release for "Married... with Children" to the site. "The Complete 1st Season" will be released on 10/07/2003. For all the information, you may visit http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaseinfo.cfm?ReleaseID=3018 (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaseinfo.cfm?ReleaseID=3018)

evenflow
07-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Awesome news, I cannot wait. I hope it doesnt stop with the first season though.

scruffziller
07-30-2003, 06:19 AM
Awesome news, I cannot wait. I hope it doesnt stop with the first season though.Do you know of some series that have?:confused::sur::cry:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way the date has been changed to 10/28:(

Cover art below.

evenflow
07-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Do you know of some series that have?:confused::sur::cry:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way the date has been changed to 10/28:(

Cover art below.

No, but with my luck you never know. I am pumped for this though.

scruffziller
08-20-2003, 09:31 AM
New Update.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Our release listing (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaseinfo.cfm?ReleaseID=3018) and our previous news (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=567) for Married... with Children - The Complete 1st Season has been 100% confirmed with Columbia Home Entertainment's announcement for the set this week, which was quietly included in their overall DVD release plans for October.

The October 28th date has been confirmed, as has the $29.95 price in the USA for the 2-disc set (Canadians can expect a list price of CAN$41.95, according to our sources).

Additionally, Columbia has announced that there will be supplements included besides the already-known bonus trailers. The info can be found in their short blurb about the release:
The dysfunctional fun continues with the complete first season of "Married.with Children," the off-beat comedy that changed the face of TV family sitcoms forever, available on DVD for the first time! Nominated for 7 Golden Globe Awards between 1991 and 1994! 2-disc set with all 13 episodes! Stars Christina Applegate! Bonus material and trailers!
The cover art provided is identical to the one in our previous news release, so the only thing we don't have is an official running time (figure it will fall in at around 300-ish minutes, since it was a short first season).

Getting Married...with Children (along with Battlestar Galactica and The Incredible Hulk) on DVD is the reason why I'm here helping Gord every day, and will continue to be: I joined TVShowsOnDVD to help get releases just like this one. I hope you're as excited as I am to finally be getting this hilarious show in season sets. "Thank your studio, kids". "THANKS, COLUMBIA!!" - David

Beast
08-20-2003, 09:43 AM
There have been DVD releases that didn't sell enough to continue releasing the rest of the series. "Mary Tyler Moore" had the first two seasons released, and then the plug was pulled due to low sales. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
08-20-2003, 11:41 AM
There have been DVD releases that didn't sell enough to continue releasing the rest of the series. "Mary Tyler Moore" had the first two seasons released, and then the plug was pulled due to low sales. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I don't think that will happen here.

scruffziller
08-24-2003, 07:52 AM
More news!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------

We know what the bonus material is!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/blackpixel.gif8/23/2003
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/blackpixel.gifIn our last news item (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=612) about Married...with Children - Season 1, we talked about how bonus material would be on this release, but that "the exact nature of the bonus material is still under wraps".

Now, can I have a "Whoa, Bundy"? Because I just dug up an ad that Columbia will be using to promote their upcoming TV-on-DVD releases to retailers. It shows that the "Bonus Material" is none other than the Married With Children Reunion Special that aired in Feb. 2003, to celebrate and promote the then-just-recently-released "Most Outrageous Episodes Volume 1" best-of disc.

I really must give Columbia some credit for including this; it was a very fun and enjoyable 42-minute special look back at the Bundy gang. It's not commentary tracks or gag reels or behind-the-scenes featurettes, but it's a nice supplement from a company that doesn't often provide extras on their TV sets at all.

You may notice that the release date says "10/21/03" here, whereas everywhere else the date is shown as 10/28/03. I personally think that this is a typo in the ad, as too many other places (including in Columbia's information network) are showing the 28th. However, there COULD have been a date change. We'll check with Columbia on that and post a follow-up.

You'll also notice that this cover art is different than that previously shown. Columbia has changed it a bit, and are indicating (with that asterisk in the lower right) that it's STILL not necessarily final. When final art is made available, we'll post it at TVShowsOnDVD. In the meantime, here's the part of the ad that matters:

scruffziller
10-29-2003, 01:41 PM
GOT MINE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! Been laughing my hiny off all the way through!!!:D

evenflow
10-30-2003, 02:56 PM
I picke dmine up the other day, watche dthem all right away. I can't wait for news on future seasons. Heres to hoping.

scruffziller
11-01-2003, 10:27 AM
It was great to see David Garrison again. His charachter was greatly underrated. Because he is a theater trained actor he gets those emotions at 100,000%. That part when he tells Al about the motel and then Al spews the info across the room at Peg while Marcie hears him. The way his eyes get as wide as saucers and the subtle mannerisms without saying a word, he is a comic genius. The same when those roughnecks come to their house and that guy "Dweep" says. "Human life means nothing to me......." You could feel Steve's fear so deep when he fwips those Trivial Pursuit cards in the air.:D

Beast
01-04-2004, 03:44 AM
Season 2 has been announced, with a 3/16/2004 release date. MSRP of $39.95. The art is up over at DVDanswers. No news on extras though. :)

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=2963&n=1&burl=

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
01-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Cool Cool Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

evenflow
01-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Season 2 has been announced, with a 3/16/2004 release date. MSRP of $39.95. The art is up over at DVDanswers. No news on extras though. :)

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=2963&n=1&burl=

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Awesome news, made my night. I cannot wait for season 2 and beyond.

scruffziller
03-20-2004, 11:38 AM
I have second season of AL!!!!!!!! in my hot little hands, can't wait to watch!!!!!!:D Was $25 at WM.

scruffziller
04-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Well did anyone pick it up? Anyone..............Anyone.................

evenflow
04-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Season 2 is awesome as expected? Did everyone find all 13 easter eggs?

I cant wait for season 3.

scruffziller
04-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Season 2 is awesome as expected? Did everyone find all 13 easter eggs?

I cant wait for season 3.
Yes I did and without the aid of a computer.

mrmiller
05-02-2004, 02:27 PM
NE1 know if/when a season 3 set will be comming out?

=MATT=

scruffziller
05-03-2004, 02:20 AM
No word yet. I saw that Dukes Of Hazzard and Knight Rider Season 1 is coming out of them.

evenflow
05-04-2004, 09:44 AM
I am hoping and waiting for season 3. The sooner the better.