PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the SW Credit Card.

scruffziller
01-08-2003, 02:08 PM
I got the ad today in the mail. Says you can get rare SW stuff etc.
Here is the website.

galacticrewards.com (http://www.galacticrewards.com)

Vortex
01-08-2003, 02:43 PM
I applied for one, since I ditched another old company and card, and figured what the hey...if its credit toward star wars stuff might as well try it out.

I'm personally a little disapointed with the stuff they offer and the credit system.

I've bought a couple tanks of gas with the card for 21 bucks and when I check out the rewards section I only have 21 credits...hmmm 1 credit 1 dollar spent.

Which to me is bunk, since I rarely rack up a credit card bill. They start their rewards system stuff off at 1,000 credits (1,000 dollars spent) and offer big ticket stuff for 3,000 and 5,000+ credits.

That's like paying/spending $3,000 to buy or get that ep II wall clock, 5,000 for a boombox, and 2,600 for a small lego set. That's a lot of crap to buy to get those items. The payback isn't that good, and even if they did have some hard to find items, there's no way I could ever have enough credits to get it. I'll be pushing it if I put more than 200 bucks on the card every couple of months.

But I'll ride it out a year or two to see what they offer and then decide if I should keep it or not.

I don't think I'll personally get a lot of stuff back from this rewards system or use it. Currently there's no action figures or hard to find stuff. Lots of electronics, posters, food gift certificates, cd players, dvd players...and not a lot of star wars stuff.

I can only hope the menues change, but if they don't I won't keep the card long.

Eternal Padawan
01-09-2003, 04:05 AM
They called me and the pretty sounding young lady on the other end made a kinda sorta convincing argument and she said I would get a Darth Vader card, so I said "Sure why not." But when the card came, it just had the logo on it and no Vader, so I just put the card in a drawer and shant use it.

I'm much more enamored of the fake applications I sent in for George Lucas, Teemto Pagalies, Aurra Sing, Johnny Rockets, etc. There's nothing cooler than having George Lucas' Discover Card!

scruffziller
01-09-2003, 09:18 AM
Yea I looked at the website yesterday and it is disappointing. But it would be cool to have a credit card with Darth Vader or Yoda.

stillakid
01-09-2003, 11:01 AM
I received mine last week. I called about the "Star Wars" logo and the woman on the other end said that the picture cards would be mailed in January (this month) to replace the one I got. I also noticed (afterwards) that they had indeed included an explanation about the non-picture card in all the junk they sent me in the envelope.

So, don't despair. Vader is on his way! :)

The percentage rate isn't that great (12.5%, I think it was) and the rewards aren't a big incentive. I just thought it would be cool to have a credit card with Vader on it. :cool: Just gotta pay it off EVERY month to make it worth it.

scruffziller
01-10-2003, 08:37 AM
I would save the other card as a collector's item.........but............... that could be risky too.;)

Rogue II
01-10-2003, 09:40 AM
I don't have one, but C-3PO and Darth Vader have bothe e-mailed me appilications.:rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
01-10-2003, 11:54 AM
hehehe...

Is that a Yoda in your wallet or are you just happy to see me?

What's in your wallet?

stillakid
01-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99

mmmm, how you get so big, eating food of this kind?:eek:

scruffziller
01-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
mmmm, how you get so big, eating food of this kind?:eek:

Just put it all on the card.;)

Vortex
01-10-2003, 05:10 PM
good ones...

JediDBM
01-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
hehehe...

What's in your wallet?

The FORCE! Dont leave home without it... Hehe, this could be one to have fun with...

QLD
01-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Yes....give in to your feelings....give in to debt.....

Vortex
01-10-2003, 10:20 PM
MMMM... always in motion the interest rates are. Always 2 there are...7.9% and 20%

Rogue II
01-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Wanna buy some death sticks? I accept Visa and Masters "of the Dark Side" Card.

Emperor Howdy
01-11-2003, 02:31 AM
"I've got a bad annual fee-ling about this!"

jjreason
01-11-2003, 02:43 AM
Saga action figures on clearance - $66
Sacul on ebay through Paypal - $110
Trip to Fla. for Star Tours figs - $450

The feeling you get when you ding your C10 card at the airport security scanner - Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else...there's Jedi Mastercard.

scruffziller
01-13-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
"I've got a bad annual fee-ling about this!"

Ba-dum-ching!!:D

We are made to suffer, it's the debt in life.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope for good credit.
(slides credit card into the R2 ATM)
Leia: "Dang!!!!!! My card won't retract"