PDA

View Full Version : New Green Goblin Figure Is Out!

jpak001
01-08-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey everyone, just a heads up:

I found a nice new Green Goblin figure for the Spider Man classics (now known as "red card" Spider Man figs). This is a really sweet sculpt of the COMIC style Goblin, not the movie one, and goes well with Spider Man classics & Marvel Legends.

Only drawback is that it's packed with some stupid big exoskeleton deal = A big waste of plastic and costs $14.99 at TRU. But hey, if your a Green Goblin fan, this might be a worthwhile purchase for ya!

I found mine at lunch today, I'll give a short review after I get it home and open it!

ConvergeDW
01-08-2003, 07:42 PM
hmmm, do you know where I can find pics of this new Green Goblin?

jpak001
01-08-2003, 08:52 PM
"Mech-Tech" Green Goblin...... To be honest with you, Im not sure you would want to bother now that I opened it up....

The figure looked like it would be pretty cool in the package because all you can see is most of his upper half (he is packed in the stupid "Mech-Tech Battle Armor"). After busting it open, it wasn't very impressive.

He's way too short, and the articulation is ok, but not nearly as good as the rest of the series so far. The one thing going for it is the sculpt though, This is pretty good. I may end up returning mine....

Haven't seen any pic's on the net anywhere, but I haven't looked. They gotta be out there somewhere. The other "Mech-Tech" in the asst is of course a SpiderMan, but we already have a million of him.

Adam
01-08-2003, 10:15 PM
geez, toy biz is still doing that mech crap? I thought I had seen the last of it with that Storm one...

ConvergeDW
01-10-2003, 03:09 PM
That's disapointing to hear, I was pretty excited to hear of a Green Goblin Worthy to stand with the Marvel Legends.

jpak001
01-10-2003, 07:56 PM
Sorry to get your hopes up, I really thought it was gonna be much better before I opened it.

BTW: I returned mine and used the $ to get the Marvel Select Electra next door at Tower Records. Now this is a nice fig, A much better use of the $14.99 than that Mech-Tech crap....

Darth Cruel
01-15-2003, 11:37 AM
super poseable Hobgoblin, though. That one will stand with the very best of the Legends line. As will the super poseable Spidere-Man, but that goes without saying.