PDA

View Full Version : Sith Witch, Mandalor warrior

Vortex
01-08-2003, 03:43 PM
I was just over at galactichunter and followed the link to

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/

I don't know how reliable the source is, but I found it interesting none the less...can we really trust the canadians?:)

a possible package change, 2 semi-expanded universe figures...

Just thought I'd share the information and let you decided for yourself if these would be cool figures to have.

I for one would be extremely interested in having both figures.

Below is what I cut and copied from the site in case you can't hit the link.

Star Wars toys for 2003
Steve from Legends Action Figures sent along this list of Star Wars figures and vehicles scheduled for 2003. As noted not all these will be available in retail Stores in Canada but Steve assures us Legends will be bringing in the entire 2003 line.

Collection 1 (January)

.Darth Tyranus (Geonosian escape)
.Obi-Wan Kenobi (Acklay battle)
.Yoda (High jedi council)
.Destroyer Droid (Battle arena)
.Clone Trooper (Republic gunship pilot)

Collection 1 (Feb.)

.Mace Windu (Arena confrontation)
.Boba Fett (Great pit of carkoon)
.R2-D2 (Flying droid factory)
.Anakin Skywalker (Secret ceremony)

Collection 2 (January)

.Teebo
.Eeth Koth
.Imperial Officer
.Rebel Fleet Trooper
.Tusken Raider (Tatooine ambush)
.Padmé Amidala (Droid factory chase)
.Jedi Archive Droids (SP4 JN66)

Collection 2 (Feb.)

.Barris Offee
.Aayla Secura (Twilek jedi)
.Lama Su (Prim minister of Kamino)

A little bit later this year: Imperial Dignitary, Snowtrooper, Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt), Han Solo (Hoth)

The "Clone Wars" series of figures is scheduled to be launched somewhere this summer. A packaging change will be in effect for this line which will feature red & yellow packagings. This series is scheduled to include these figures: Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Pilot), Kit Fisto, Mandolarian Warrior, Sith Witch, Clone Trooper and others that will be confirmed in the following weeks..

A few ships are also scheduled for this year both exclusives and regulars:

.Imperial Shuttle (in January/February)
.TIE Fighter (in March)
.A-Wing -Green version (in June)

.Slave 1 (repaint) (in May)
.Jedi Starfighter with Hyper-space ring (in Mai)
.Geonosian speeder (with Darth Tyranus)
.Swoop bike (with Anakin)
.Geonosian Fighter (in May)
.Trade Federation Tank (new deco) (in August in "Clone Wars" box)
.Hail Fire Droid (in August in "Clone Wars" box)
.Republic Gunship (repaint)(in August in "Clone Wars" box)

Also to note: NO Unleashed or Action Fleet will be available in Canadian retail stores for 2003!!! Unless there is a major interest change (in other words a miracle) by the retailers (Wal-Mart, TRU or Zellers). Take note that Legends will be importing them so it will be accessible to the ones that collect them, and they will be at the same price as the canadian ones we had in the past but they will be in u.s. packagings. Scheduled for this year are the following:

UNLEASHED

In Feb.:

.Darth Vader (removable helmet)
.Leia Organa (slave outfit)

Summer/Fall:

.Obi-Kenobi
.Darth Sidious
.Yoda
.Boba Fett
.Han Solo
.Luke Skywalker

ACTION FLEET

in Feb.:

.Slave 1
.Republic Gunship
.Republic Assault Ship

Summer/Fall:

.Mon Calamari Cruiser
.Death Star
.Jedi Starfighter
.Zam's Speeder

12" Figures

.Padmé
.Geonosian Warrior
.Anakin Skywalker

.AT-ST Driver
.Han Solo
.Lando Skiff guard

fourtwo
01-08-2003, 04:31 PM
i trust snowtroopers, they're my dawgs over there.
hopefully those 2 figs get made, cause the sith witch was downright creepy.
:D

Vortex
01-08-2003, 04:35 PM
Yea she was a creepy, yet cool looking thing. Even if they went with the dathomir witch she'd still be cool.

I can only cross my fingers and hope its true.

El Chuxter
01-08-2003, 04:36 PM
Hopefully the Kit figure will be the long-awaited Kit Fisto: Grinning Ladykiller. :D

Rogue II
01-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Imperial Dignitary?!?!?!:D I hope that's true.

The Overlord Returns
01-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Hang on a second.....

Weren't the Sith Witch and Mandalorian Warrior once rumoured to be the ep 2 preview figures back in the day?

Is it possible they made the prototypes, and decided that the clone troopers mini line would be a good chance to get use out of them?

Then again, I thought the clone troopers animated series had long since fallen through. Seems odd to start up a seperate line for a show that won't exist. I'd take this with a grain of salt.....

And sure, you can trust us canadians...remember...we're ALL nice and polite....

bwa ha..haha...haaaHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Vortex
01-08-2003, 04:43 PM
could be...in the last Star War Tales, he had a little smoocy, smoochy, some'in some'in going on with the blue sexy Aalya Secura.

Could be that. I can see it now. Kit Fisto with force action embrace, when love is on the line...or Kit Fisto quick kiss action, when ladies need charming...

Chicks did the green dude.

Banthaholic
01-08-2003, 09:22 PM
I would absolutley love a Mandalorean warrior.
Obviously the Boba Fett initially brought on the initial interest with his Mandolrean Armor, but when I first read the comic series Tales of The Jedi, I wanted to know more about the Mandaloreans. I'm just hoping this info is correct.

An Imperial Dignitary would be awesome!!! I hope this is factual, because my (dross-my-fingers) forthcoming Imperial Schuttle needs one.

Old Fossil
01-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Can't wait for the new Snowtrooper!!!

JangoFart
01-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Has it been confirmed that the Clone Wars cartoon is no more? I haven't heard anything concrete enough to where I buy it.

J

mylow thehutt
01-09-2003, 03:01 PM
:)Isn'y the Sith Witch a concept art dude?

Vortex
01-09-2003, 03:02 PM
It was originally, but then I think it was too much so they toned it down drastically and we got Shaak Ti out of it. I sort of remember reading or seeing the concept witch, and reading about its reception by GL, and then they modified it and that's how they got Shaak Ti...but my memory is sketchy on this at best. I'm sure JarJar or someone will jump in with a link.

Vortex
01-09-2003, 03:16 PM
while poking around looking for an image or information I ran across this...and I'll let you be the judge as to its authenticy...

http://www.udolpho.com/parodies/lucas/1999.12.14b.asp

The other interesting site was

http://www.sithwitch.com

if you just do a general search on sith witch you'll find all sorts of interesting concepts, spells, and other things.

But I found the 1st link interesting and really wonder if that's from GL himself especially when its says parodies...

Tycho
01-09-2003, 03:26 PM
EU COMIC or BOOK fans can use the Sith Witch as a Dathomirian Nightsister - unless she really is a character from some story source. I think it's cool if it's true.

Or Darth Maul novel fans can use her as a substitute for Mighella the Nightsister he fought off when crushing Black Sun under the heel of the Sith!

The Mandalorian figure can go great with JangoFett: Open Season comic fans, as it may provide an all-new Mandalorian like Montross, or give us a real Jaster Mureel, since Boba doesn't have ALL Jaster's armor and accessories. (Jaster looked more like Jango, but with Boba's 'captain rank' colors).

I think the Mandalorian colors were similar to Clone Trooper and droid colors:

yellow - commander (whoever outranked Jaster was killed by the Jedi or the Death Watch I think)

red - captain (Jaster Mureel - and later Boba Fett by inheritence)

plain - infantry (might just be generic grey)

blue - pilot (thus perhaps Jango's flying skills, which were modestly shown in AOTC) might be something he was more famous for than what the movie showed.

Note: I'm pretty sure that "Mandalorians" of modern times meant one was trained in their weapons and fighting style, not a species. There could be non-human Mandalorians, in other words. I think the original ones that Ulic Qel Droma conquered were not exactly human way back then, anyway. The race died, but the tradition survived. Jango was from Concord Dawn, not the Mandalorians homeworld, but the Death Watch killed his family and Jaster, tracking his enemies, adopted Jango as a kid and taught him their ways. They did rescue operations and legal bounty hunts - not evil work. The Death Watch split from them over philosophy about that, and money. The two factions fought each other and the Jedi did not understand the situation and wiped out almost all of them regardless of what side they were on. A younger Dooku (and perhaps a kid-Qui-Gon) fought in those campaigns.

Read the comic Jango Fett: Open Seasons and play the video game "Bounty Hunter" for the rest of the story. It's worth it!!!

Vortex
01-09-2003, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure about the colors. might be true, but then I wonder what the shapes painted on their chest represented.

I will also plug Open Season. Good comic and story line.

Not to be forgotten some of those night sister are babes too...they could shock me all they wanted.

Chiesa
01-09-2003, 03:32 PM
That would be a great idea. But I think it would only be popular with mad collectors like us while not to the general public and kids. Who it look too scary for kids? So Hasbro may not release it if they feel that the sales won't be good. But I will just be optimistic now!! :D:D:D:D

Jargo
01-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Is this for real he asks...... :rolleyes: And i'm a currant bun!!!!! Yeah right and what's next a fly on the wall documentary series where cameras follow Georgie boy around his ranch with his ladrdass kids making a mockery of him and 'uncle' Rick, tipped to be the hottest show on network TV for 2003 'The Lucas's' will rip ratings apart as we chronicle the ups and downs ins and outs and trials and tribulations of one of the worlds richest families.

You want Sith witch just watch the damn Ewok movies there's your Sith witch right there with the Marauders - Charal the original concept for the Sith witch and just as dumb as the concept was back then it's still dumb now. They make a figure of a Sith witch they might just as well make figures of all the characters from caravan of courage and the holiday special and every other lame idea that's been spun out of the saga as a cash cow greenback sponge. Hasbro are disappearing up their own backsides again and once the concept crap starts rolling out of the factories that's it, dead in the water time for star wars toys. Just like batman, once the stupid concepts take over the line is dead.

The Overlord Returns
01-09-2003, 03:36 PM
My question is, is that George Lucas usenet site a joke??

There's no way GL would talk about minority pandering like that.....

He may be insane, but he isn't stupid.

Vortex
01-09-2003, 03:40 PM
ummm....I like grape jelly/jam/fruit spread...especially on toast...

I'm sorry you were saying. You lost me at the food reference.

Rogue II
01-09-2003, 03:53 PM
A Sithwitch is quite good with potato chips and a Pepsi.

Vortex
01-09-2003, 04:07 PM
what kind of chips? and I guess we should be considerate of our english breathren...crisps...

I think BBQ or cheddar would be good.

would you put miracle or misery whip on a sithwitch?

Teeska Mon Eebon
01-13-2003, 10:07 PM
The Mandalorian Warrior sounds good but Sith Witch sounds weird... prolly either something like Vosa or the Witch in The Ewok movie.... I'd like a vosa type better but I'll live with anything if I don't like it I don't have to buy it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-14-2003, 09:25 AM
what what? They were going to make a line of figures based on the Clone Wars cartoons???? I didn't even know that thing got a green light. meh :D

mylow thehutt
01-14-2003, 11:20 AM
:confused: I don't understand what these figs are from,are they comic book related or this TV show i keep hearing about.But they sound nice none the less,I am just praying they don't have some crappy action pose or a 50 foot rod comming out there back.:mad:

TheDarthVader
01-14-2003, 11:59 AM
:) :) Imperial Dignitary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this for a long, long, time................. :)