PDA

View Full Version : Anybody still got B-Wings...?

JediMaster
11-07-2001, 08:39 AM
...on your local Target shelves? I got mine for full price, and would like to add a second to my fleet if anyone can find one... The way I figure, two for the averaged price of $23.97 seems more fair to me... Post your e-mail address in a reponse here if you can help, and I'll contact you... Thanx in advance!

OC47150
11-07-2001, 08:47 AM
I think the B-wings flew off the shelves when they were marked down the first time. Your best bet in finding one now at the new clearance price would be an out of the way Target.

JEDIpartner
11-07-2001, 10:42 AM
A couple Target Stores in the Cleveland area JUST got them!!!

OC47150
11-07-2001, 10:50 AM
Really? I got mine the first weekend they were reported in my area, what? two months ago. When I read that they were clearanced, I went looking but to no avail.

Are they are regular price or clearanced price?

master jedi
11-07-2001, 03:46 PM
I haven't been to my local target in a while and I bet the B-Wing there are still 27.90 or some ridiculous(sp?) price.

JEDIpartner
11-07-2001, 03:46 PM
Last weekend they were still at the regular price. They hadn't even started marking them down. I have no clue if they are still on the shelves since we had such a problem getting them here in the first place!!!

I also spotted some T.I.E. Interceptors at the local TRU over the weekend as well!

Wolfwood319
11-08-2001, 11:55 AM
Actually I just hit my Target today, they had one B-Wing left stacked on top of the new 12'' Luke w/ Speeder. It rang up at $9.94. The box was torn and bent. The clerk said they might get one more shipment in, but he wasn't sure.

My mom, who lives in Vegas, checked the Target there, they still had a few, but were still ringing up for $19.99. There still out there, just have to hit the more obscure Targets. Check out the plain Targets, not the Target Greatlands, or Super Targets or whatnot. The plain Targets seem to get theres later.

JEDIpartner
11-09-2001, 09:33 AM
I went on a dash around the whole of Metro Cleveland for a fellow SW fan in Rochester last night. All of the store are now out. They had gotten them in at the tail end of last week when I had stopped in. They were still $29.99 when I saw them. They had marked them down for the weekend and the disappeared in the blink of an eye. A couple of the stores had associates who were nice enough to chat with me about their shipments. They told me they are hopeful that a few more may show up before the end of the month. They also told me to watch for new Target store openings as some of the merchandise may have been pulled from the warehouse shelves and is waiting to ship to the new stores. The new stores may be getting things that are, for the most part, "gone" from restock.

Pellaeon
11-12-2001, 02:32 PM
After having gotten two at 19.90 and returning two at the 39.99 price (so as to get my refund from the original two I bought), I stashed a 3'rd in the store, and went and got that one for 9.90 and returned one of the 19.90 ones again. I would have stashed two, but they only had one left. Oh well, I guess I ended up paying ~15.00 in the end for each of the two.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-13-2001, 07:11 PM
Speaking of stashing stuff, where's a good place to hide something that big? In the plus size women's section?

OC47150
11-14-2001, 08:44 AM
When I worked at Target we had to clean (zoning it was called) every night. So technically, there is no good hiding place. But if you had to find one, I'd say a furniture display or a plastic garbage can. Something big.

Pellaeon
11-14-2001, 02:44 PM
Well, I don't want to give away my hiding spaces, there may be ears/eyes out there from the local crowd. The B-wing I stashed was there for over 2 weeks, so apparently someone is not zoning or is just plain zoned out. It was not behind a garbage can, in the womens section, or appliances, however.

OC47150
11-14-2001, 02:58 PM
Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Earlier this year, I was at Wal Mart after work looking at figures. There were just a few, but a salesperson walked up with an armful that someone had dumped in the hunting section. Some other guy and myself divided those figures up amongst ourselves!

Pellaeon
11-14-2001, 03:57 PM
Hey, thats the way it goes sometimes.

Let me make it clear that I don't stash to hoard or come back and scalp. I am not a scalper. Sometimes I stash for friends so I don't have to dole out cash and then meet with them to get my moola back. In the case of the B-wing, I stashed it hoping the price would go down again so I could get a refund for the difference, which it did.

OC47150
11-14-2001, 04:17 PM
I think we've all stashed stuff for friends in the past. There's no problem with that.