PDA

View Full Version : POTJ on sale at TRU

Jerjerrod
01-08-2003, 11:41 PM
I paid a visit to a TRU today and found their remaining POTJ figures at $5.98. Too bad they only have guys like Shmi, Cloud sec, Aurra Sing, Ketwol, Bespin Leia, and Ellorrs.

It's a good time to pick up missed common figures.

As for Saga, TRU still has the widest selection, up to figures like Djas, Supreme Palp etc, and deluxe C3PO, Yoda.

Happy hunting.

Jedi Master Silas
01-09-2003, 12:33 AM
5.98 doesnt sound like much of a sale to me considering they have been warming the pegs for an eternity. Seems like TRU would knock them down even lower to make room for newer products.

Jerjerrod
01-09-2003, 02:50 AM
You're right, $5.98 doesn't seem cheap at all, but when you're in Canada:rolleyes: , that's about as low as you'll see it go. Back in the old days, the Freeze Frame figures went as low as $3.99 at Walmarts when put on clearance, but nowadays, They don't really go that low anymore.

And yes, they are all peg warmers, but maybe completists or openers might be interested.

jjreason
01-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Id be interested in Coruscant guards or Gungan Warriors...no chance at those though, I bet. Im sure everyone else has the same idea.

Darkross
01-10-2003, 11:35 AM
Well if only there were more Bikerscouts (Clean Versions) of Imperial Patrol, or even some dirty ones for that matter...it would be worth picking some up. Fat chance though...the last time I saw the Clean version of the Bikerscout at Toys R Us was back in 2000 when they wanted $11.99 for him...I passed (I wish now that I had the forsight not to!)

Jerjerrod
01-23-2003, 12:52 AM
Today, I found out my local Toronto TRU put their remaining 12" POTJ on sale for $19.99 CDN. Figures include 4-LOM, Death star Imp. Officer, and Death star droid.

I wanted to buy an Officer, but they were all in poor ripped condition.
So check your local TRU, maybe they have ones in better condition. :)

TK421
01-26-2003, 12:23 PM
was 4-lom $20?? I went to my TRU and they still had one but he was still $34 :mad:

Jerjerrod
01-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Yes indeed 4LOMvwas $19.99. They had lots of him.

jjreason
01-26-2003, 03:39 PM
The door's wide open, fellas - swing a deal!

Sorry, I've always been bossy....:o :D

Jerjerrod
01-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Today, I bought the 25th anniversary sets: Luke/Leia, and Han/Chewie. Each were only $9.98. But I'm sure everyone knows by now.

jjreason
01-31-2003, 04:30 AM
That was a good deal. I got them at a Wal Mart in Surrey for that price as well. My other set (Darth and Obi Wan) got sent to me from New York it cost 4.99 US - and 14 US to ship!!!! Just when you thought you got a deal.....

On the flip side of that, the guy I dealt with (an SSGer, and top notch to boot) was really cool. I sent him an accessory set in trade and we called it even. :cool:

mabudonicus
01-31-2003, 08:59 AM
Glad to see some of the newer members here making good connections... back when I first "got here", there was like one thread and 10 posts in here, I went nuts rallying the troops and got this section up and moving, demanding that all Canucks come here and get things moving....
I'm not taking credit for it at all, I'm just glad to see the seeds bearing such excellent fruit, as we all know there're way too many goudgers in the Canadian SW collecting game, and this site, and this forum especially, are awesome ways to "stick it to the man" (NOT the MAN, jj, that wasn't aimed at you at all:):))
I'm just real glad to see such a good thing producing good things.
I've said it before, I'll say it again- WE ROCK!!!!!

Okay, the soapbox is free...

jjreason
01-31-2003, 02:00 PM
Oh, Canada
Our home and native land
True patriot love
In all thy sons command
From far and wide
We see the rise
The true north strong and free
From far and wide Oh Canada
We stand on guard for thee
God keep our land
Glorious and Free
Oh, Canada we stand on guard for thee
Oh, Canada we stand on guard for thee

Okay, drop the puck...let's play hockey!

Sorry.:o

jjreason
01-31-2003, 02:01 PM
That looks awesome!

Ooops. Postpadding.

Sorry. :o

mabudonicus
02-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Yeah!! All star skills today, maybe gonna check that out!!! Thanks Jim, that was perfect, that's EXACTLY what I meant!!!

Back to TRU "selection"...
I saw 4lom here in st.kits for 17.90, the boxes aren't perfect, but he's there.......
Absolutley nothing newer than the first few saga waves, one endor soldier bespin luke and han are the only "newer" ones, still 798.... deluxe yoda and flying geo are there as well... one reek for 4.90 on the "damaged package" table as well.. looks like our TRU is doing something with regards to SW, can't tell if they're getting ready for more or bringing it to a close....

Jerjerrod
02-01-2003, 04:26 PM
I hope it's getting ready for more, otherwise our only route to collecting will be cut off. :(

jjreason
02-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Hey Mabudon, any chance you could procure those deluxes for me (I still need Geo, yoda, Clone and Ani Flipping). Ill forward extra cash right away if you can get them or put them on layaway - whatever.

Other news - I've joined Kebco "One of Every Figure" for 2003 to see how that goes. 6 bucks US per figure is fine, just under 10 here which is what we pay with tax anyhow. IF you guys are worried about certain figs and want to guarantee getting one, let me know and I can preorder extras of whichever ones you want.

Jerjerrod
02-02-2003, 02:32 AM
That's great jj, If you could help, i'll let you know in the future. Thank you kindly. :)

TK421
02-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Hey Mabudon
Since the 12" at my TRU are still $34
would it be at all possible to get 2 12" 4 loms for me?
I really need one for my friend in the states and one for me.
is there any chance at geting 2? or even one for my friend?
an help would be great!
Thanks!
jedd