PDA

View Full Version : Wildest rumor or lie

PoggleTheGreater
01-09-2003, 03:10 AM
What's the craziest SW rumor you've herd or lie you've been told?

I remember my friend telling me years ago about a giant star desdroyer toy that was so big it had to be carried by several people. Another friend told me there was a Cloud City carbonite freezing playset which had a feature that sprayed water mist to look like steem. This was way before there was a carbonite playset. I think he also told me about a sarlaac playset which required you to pour sand in it.

LTBasker
01-09-2003, 04:05 AM
Let's see,

There was a vintage Dagobah tank-top Luke.
In '98 a kid told me he saw several figures of Luke's mother at Wal-Mart.

That's really about all I can remember as the most wildest ones.

Eternal Padawan
01-09-2003, 04:09 AM
Back in the 80's George said he was making 9 movies. That's the most heart breaking lie I've ever come across in the Star Wars universe.

PoggleTheGreater
01-09-2003, 07:16 AM
On the original vinal soundtrack of ESB it says there were origanally 12 parts, I think.

scruffziller
01-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Somebody told me that one of the villians in ROTJ was named "Job of the Hut":frus:

Rogue II
01-09-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Back in the 80's George said he was making 9 movies. That's the most heart breaking lie I've ever come across in the Star Wars universe.

I was going to comment on the quality of the prequels, but this one is better.

The Overlord Returns
01-09-2003, 12:34 PM
That Darth Sidious and palpatine were NOT the same person.

That Obi Wan Kenobi, was really OB1 - KNOB, a clone of the original.

That Count Dooku will turn out to be anakins father

That Palpatine will turn out to be anakins father

That Spielberg had been asked to Direct Episode 1 ( though I thought this would have been fantastic.)

That Quentin Tarantino wrote a draft of the ep 1 script. (if this was true, I would have loved to read it.)

the list goes on.......

Pendo
01-09-2003, 12:44 PM
Someone once told me Obi Was was really called Obi-Wanker :eek:, but that's not really a lie/rumor, just a stupid mistake :p.

I once heard that Jar Jar would be a Jedi in Episode II!

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
01-09-2003, 12:59 PM
Heh.... Obi Wank Enobi........

2-1B
01-09-2003, 01:38 PM
I can't imagine a Star Wars movie loaded with F-bombs and N-words but if anyone can do it, Quentin would be the man. :rolleyes:

Just recently I heard a crusty old guy telling a video store worker that George pushed Episode 3 back to 2006, that's the most recent rumor I've heard. Currently, the rumor which bugs me the most is the idea of Dooku as Ani's pappa. :D

El Chuxter
01-09-2003, 01:44 PM
I recall reading somewhere a few years back that Mel Gibson would be providing the voice of a pink-skinned, eyepatch wearing member of Yoda's species named Yaddle. I think that's even better than the once-rumored nude scene Natalie Portman was to have in TPM.

Jedi Master Silas
01-09-2003, 02:47 PM
When I was young right before ISB was released everyone was talking about Han Solo being turned into a hershey bar...does anyone remember when that was going around?

stillakid
01-09-2003, 03:34 PM
Producer Rick said once that we'd be "blown away" by Episode I.

QLD
01-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I was going to comment on the quality of the prequels, but this one is better.

That's ok, I will. :crazed:

The biggest lie in the SW universe I heard was that the prequels would be good.

Also one of my current favorites is that Hayden's performance in AOTC was a good one.

The Overlord Returns
01-09-2003, 04:33 PM
That The Original trilogy was perfect cinema........

Rogue II
01-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
That's ok, I will. :crazed:

The biggest lie in the SW universe I heard was that the prequels would be good.

Also one of my current favorites is that Hayden's performance in AOTC was a good one.

This brings up a good question, and maybe we should start a new thread about this: Now that we've seen Episode I and II, are you glad Lucas isn't going to do all 9 movies like he originally intended?

stillakid
01-09-2003, 07:28 PM
This brings up a good question, and maybe we should start a new thread about this: Now that we've seen Episode I and II, are you glad Lucas isn't going to do all 9 movies like he originally intended?

LOL!!! :D

No point in me touching that one. What I'd really like to see are some of the consistent and unwavering defenders of the Prequels respond to that question.

wedgeA
01-09-2003, 07:52 PM
That Episode 1 was going to have a totally computer generated character that would break the bounds of special effects as we know it. "Meesa historical icon!!"

Seriously, I think that the biggest rumour/falsehood was Frank Darabont scripting the prequels.

As for three more films, I have to say no. I do like the prequels, but since the movies all have Anakin as they common thread, it would feel out of place, and the villain would not be as compelling.

Rogue II
Originally posted by stillakid
LOL!!! :D

No point in me touching that one. What I'd really like to see are some of the consistent and unwavering defenders of the Prequels respond to that question.

I had you in mind when I made that post.:D I was setting you up.

Jargo
That the Mon calamari would be a significant race in the star wars universe and would actually be very active in the storyline of ROTJ. Instead we got a few guys in non mobile masks stood around a room and one guy that swivelled around in his chair like he was an office slacker. Admiral Ackbar was a leader? Yeah like all the big cheeses he just sits on his tush all day and lets everyone else do the hard graft. We never even got to see the Mon Cal pilots in action yet they were there in the briefing room too. Big disappointment not to see the big fishy aliens do anything.

The special editions of the OT. The word special is a blatant lie. The special editions are about as special as Michael jacksons face. Plenty of tweaking and 'improvements/additions' but special? uh-uh, no way Jose.

Fulit
01-09-2003, 09:15 PM

No, I'm glad because that's about 10 less years of me having to hunt down all the action figures. If my completist self had to hunt down 42 variations of "old" Luke at age 40 or whatever, I'd have an infarction.

sith_killer_99
01-09-2003, 09:21 PM
I heard that the monkey would be reprising his role as Emperor Palpatine for EP1.

LOL, jk

mabudonicus
01-10-2003, 10:07 AM
When ESB was still in the works, this kid (we were about 6 or so, I guess) told me that he had the inside line on the film, and that in it, darth vader would have some kind of rash that made him die or something... I think that was the first time in my life that I knew someone was "full of it"
I also like the one about how "revenge of the jedi" was never the working title and never appeared on anything but a few posters..

QLD
01-10-2003, 07:42 PM
LOL, Vader dies of poison ivy!

scruffziller
01-14-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by mabudon
When ESB was still in the works, this kid (we were about 6 or so, I guess) told me that he had the inside line on the film, and that in it, darth vader would have some kind of rash that made him die or something... I think that was the first time in my life that I knew someone was "full of it"
I also like the one about how "revenge of the jedi" was never the working title and never appeared on anything but a few posters..

Ah correction......:)

It appeared on some toy packages for the mail away version of Admiral Ackbar. It said "Get the new charachter from REVENGE OF THE JEDI"

kool-aid killer
01-14-2003, 08:10 AM
I would have to agree with the 9 episode thing. Im glad Lucas isnt because what would he do for the final three movies. I heard on interviews about how he had thought up of the original trilogy but for the prequals i think hes kind of making it up as he goes. On a side note, is any one else saddened by the fact that Burger King took away their 99 cent tacos? I loved those things. Unlike Taco Bells they never left a day long after taste in my mouth.

Dr Zoltar
01-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Burger King is still around?!?! They keep closing the locations around where I'm at. I wonder if they are downsizing...

mabudonicus
01-17-2003, 10:17 AM
There is another rumour that keeps cropping up, only in conversations with fellow SW fans, that EPIII (and before EPII) is going to be moved up to "next year"... I will only tell them once, but a few folks have been downright adamant about it....

One other wild lie, that giving the ATST's "personality" somehow worked better than if they were just machines....
Oh, and that Ewoks were a better way to go, and are a wholly original race, not a cutesification of wookies (oh, and if you care, read "splinter of the minds eye" by alan dean foster(I think) and you will find compelling evidence to suggest that there's a lot of TESB and ROTJ that lucas just modified from that book.. if you have the time check it out, it's interesting at least, specially compared to Lucas's subsequent claims