PDA

View Full Version : Hello other Uk people!

AndyW
01-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Hello all,I know this room isn't strictly for this sort of thing,but wanted to say hello,tho you might already have seen my hello in the other forum...anyway...:)

I'm originally a midlander,currently at Uni in Cardiff,21 (last monday!), I'm a product designer, and er, thats about it really, other than hobbies and exciting things like that.

So,hello,I know theres another thread introducing people,so don't shout :D

Pendo
01-09-2003, 11:40 AM
Hello from Merseyside :p!

PENDO!

AndyW
01-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Thanks,you could help me with something actually,theres a shop britcit was telling me about,hang on,let me just check the name in the other thread!

AndyW
01-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Worlds Apart its called,do you know of a website and some directions would be a help [smile]. Will be visiting mates up there at the end of january so I'd like to take a look,trying to get hold of an Action Fleet At-Te from Ep2.

Emperors_Hand_2211
01-10-2003, 03:01 AM
Hello from sunny B'ham, which part of the wonderful midlands were you from?
World's Apart is one of FPI's affiliated stores. FPI's website is
http://www.scifiwarehouse.com/ .
Hope this helps.

kdp100
01-10-2003, 04:10 AM
Hello from thawing London!

mightywhelk
01-10-2003, 05:51 AM
Hi from the wilderness of Norfolk!

gibbspaulus
01-10-2003, 07:03 AM
Hail and hello from Romford (the land of black ice)

I can't wait to skid home to the East End later!

kdp100
01-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Think it's all melted now... apart from on the grass.

Tube trains don't skid - they just get cancelled!

gibbspaulus
01-10-2003, 08:32 AM
I have First Great Eastern trains to emjoy the delays on!

AndyW
01-10-2003, 08:33 AM
We didn't get any snow at all here in wales,which is just not in the slightest bit fair. Boo hoo. <stamps feet>

Jargo
01-10-2003, 12:19 PM
No snow on the Wirral either. Not much ice for that mater. One of the good things about living next to a river and near the sea I suppose. Worlds aparty is about 150 yards from Lime Street mainline station in Liverpool city centre. Just come out the side entrance of the station, walk to the corner by the pub. Look across the road a few doors up from the old cinema and Bob's your lobster! They have a nice array of monkeyman shop assistants in there. Semi house trained Neanderthals. Good luck to you finding what you seek.

Jek Porky 2002
01-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Hello from the midlands (stafford!)

Little bit of snow but lovely crisp blue skies, (takes a deep breath through the nose) beautiful!

Pendo
01-10-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
No snow on the Wirral either. Not much ice for that mater. One of the good things about living next to a river and near the sea I suppose. Worlds aparty is about 150 yards from Lime Street mainline station in Liverpool city centre. Just come out the side entrance of the station, walk to the corner by the pub. Look across the road a few doors up from the old cinema and Bob's your lobster! They have a nice array of monkeyman shop assistants in there. Semi house trained Neanderthals. Good luck to you finding what you seek.

Damn you Jargo :mad:! I just drove down there today to find out where it was. I just came here to post it for AndyW, and you beat me to it :mad:!!! If I knew you knew where it was I wouldn't have drove down there :p.

PENDO!

AndyW
01-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Thankyou to the both of you anyway! :)

If anyone goes in and they have them in stock,please let me know,either way actually.

Jargo
01-11-2003, 05:45 AM
If I knew you were going to drive down there to find it I wouldn't have posted.....

I used to shop there before forbidden planet bought them and the prices were sky high. They reckoned on tourist trade that didn't know their arse from their elbow and added about fourty percent to the prices. Since they were bought i believe the prices are much better. The guy from Forbidden planet that i spooke to a while back said that all forbidden planet stores should have the same prices regardless of location. he was surprised when i said there were differences. Anyways, I don't go to liverpool much these days, have no call to since I shop online or get the other half to go hunting for me. (must be love) Or we do the three counties TRU run and cover as many TRU's in one day as we can.

So I couldn't say whether World's apart have any AT-TE's in or not. I tyhink February might be a better time to go looking to be honest. Nowhere seems to have anything much of anything right now.

odb
01-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by gibbspaulus
I have First Great Eastern trains to emjoy the delays on!

Living on the border between Kent and Sarf London I get the lovely Connex South Eastern providing me with a 'train' service so I know the feeling. Oh hello to you all.

patchiswelsh
01-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Hey all

ahhh connex is really bad :rolleyes:
anyways, my brother goess to cardiff university!!! I know that city very well, even though from south east

i can't wait for the new 2003 figs, but, has anyone seen anything yet?? US got the turning up so maybe for us in 2 weeks
please post if you see or buy anything

Lewis
01-25-2003, 03:48 AM
Hello from South Yorkshire, Doncaster area....:p