PDA

View Full Version : K-mart's 14-pack "special"

ronhudy
01-09-2003, 06:19 PM
What the heck is with this K-Mart "Bluelight Exclusive 14-pack" ?! What a joke! They packgaged 14 shelf-warming figures everyone already has and/or no one wants, raised the price of them ($89.99 divided by 14 = $6.43 each, compared to the $3-$4 prices you can find them at now; including K-marts own sale price of $2.99 each!) and think they're going to sell them in bulk? I had to send them an e-mail; here it is:

Web Comment sent to Kmart.com, Jan. 09, 2003:

On your website, you are advertising the "Star Wars Attack of the Clones™ 3 3/4-Inch Figure 14-Pack Bluelight EXCLUSIVE!" (Item no: 1066327) for $ 89.99. Why so ridiculously high-priced?! That equates to $ 6.43 per figure, way above what other retailers, including YOUR company, are currently charging for the same figures sold individually. (Currently $ 4.99-$ 5.99; some retailers including yourself have had them on sale as low as $ 2.99 each!) Not only that, but you are bundling a batch of the figures that either everyone already has or that no one wants any more. Trying to move shelf-warming overstock at a HIGHER than current market price, in BULK makes no practical or logical business sense whatsoever, and is a very bad move on the part of your company. Perhaps you assume that your customer base is too ignorant to do the math? No wonder your company is in such financial trouble.

Dark Knight
01-09-2003, 06:26 PM
That too funny. :D :eek: . I don't know what they were thinking( I smell something in the air) :D.

Turbowars
01-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Pure BS!

Beast
01-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Well, the box isn't anything new. It's been available since the day the figures were released back in April. We laughed about it then, and it's even more laughable now, because they never lowered the price. Even when the figures went down in price. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

targetdude
01-09-2003, 08:48 PM
My Super Kmart has had that on the shelf for some time. it is just a big casepack they put 1 of each the first 14 fig's in. been collecting so much dust they finaly ripped them back open and sold them 2.99 each got all the fig's with backs i was missing.

BoShek
01-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Listen to this: I went to my local Wal Mart today to see if they had the cantina packs for cheaper than the reduced $7. Guess what! They are back up to $9.97! WTH???

Turbowars
01-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Well, the box isn't anything new. It's been available since the day the figures were released back in April. We laughed about it then, and it's even more laughable now, because they never lowered the price. Even when the figures went down in price. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks You mean to tell me that the figures are just packed in a regular shipment box from Hasbro?

Beast
01-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Not exactly a regular shipment box, the box holds the first 14 figures, and is a K-Mart exclusive that was released back when the figures were in April. I know that there were pictures of it posted on one of the fan sites at one point. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
01-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Got ya

Dar' Argol
01-09-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by BoShek
Listen to this: I went to my local Wal Mart today to see if they had the cantina packs for cheaper than the reduced $7. Guess what! They are back up to $9.97! WTH???

Well Bo Shek, it sounds like that WM did an "Instore reduction" on those Cantina's b/c they had too much overstock of them. The cantina;s at my store have been at $9.97 since they came out. And since there are more Cantina's slated for release, and its on the new layout, the instore ad ended and the price went back up to what it was suppose to be. That's all that I can think of:D

mtriv73
01-10-2003, 03:05 PM
The sad thing is, someone is probably crazy enough to pay the extra $20 for the K-mart exclusive box.