PDA

View Full Version : Vader Unleashed

DarthBrandon
01-09-2003, 09:27 PM
I don't know if it's been discussed yet but here goes.

My review for Vader Unleashed goes like this:

1.) Articulation: I give this figure a big thumbs up for its articulation as a statue. (10)
2.) Sculpt: The sculpt is pretty dead on to Vader from Empire and it looks great on your mantle, T.V., or anywhere for that matter. (10)
3.) Paint Job: The paint job on mine is fantastic; Vader's helmet has a slight shine to it as well as his boots. The eyes have a blackish/red look to them and the upper chest plate has a nice shiny gray/silver stripe look. All other parts (chest box, belt buckle) look great. His light saber has a slight glow with a light behind it and this ads and extra touch to an already cool looking statue. His cape was done with a nice effect off to the side as if it were windy like in the scene it came from. (10+)
4.) Accessories: Vader comes with the platform from Bespin that was in Empire. The only thing I can say about this is that it suits the scene. There doesn't seem to be a lot of detail like its 3 3/4 counterpart, but it does the job as a statue holder. This is really the only real complaint I have with Vader Unleashed, the rest is just fantastic. (9) over all

So far I have seen Anakin, Padme, Vader, Jango/Boba, and Maul.
I have yet to see Darth Tyranus or Mace Windu, but I can say this; out of all the Unleashed figures/statues so far Vader, Mace, and Darth Tyranus look the best and capture the scene perfectly IMO. The rest I will leave up to collectors that need to complete their collection because they do nothing for me what so ever. I will tell you this; I will buy Mace and Tyranus as soon as I lay eyes on them in person.:D

Thanks for looking and MTFBWY.

Darth Evil
01-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Tyranus is very cool, I strongly advise anyone that likes the Unleashed line to buy him. He's the only Unleashed I have, they're very expensive here (triple what you Americans pay), but I couldn't resist!