PDA

View Full Version : twilight zone

PoggleTheGreater
01-10-2003, 05:33 AM
Anybody see the new TZ on UPN? I saw part of an episode. It was pretty good, and seemed to stay in the spirit of the original series. I'd like to see it stick arround, but they should've gotten someone freakier than Forrest Wittaker to host. Someone like Christopher Walken, or Steve Buscemi, or Christopher Lee or somebody.

Dr Zoltar
01-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Tried to sit through 2 episodes of the new TZ and couldn't stand it. Bring back the one from the 80's. It was much more creative.

QLD
01-10-2003, 07:55 PM
When does this come on? I wouldn't mind checking it out.

JediTricks
01-12-2003, 05:05 AM
9pm on UPN, after Enterprise. The writing for this series is really basic, the production values are cheesy in the wrong way, and they try too hard to drive home the standard TZ concepts while also using name talent. It rings very false for me - without Serling, I don't think there's a strong enough voice for this one.

evenflow
01-13-2003, 06:55 AM
No Twilight Zone re-make will ever be as good as the original. The Twilight Zone was really somethign special, so ahead of it's time and so amazing. Rod Serling was a genius.

smurfvader
01-22-2003, 05:13 PM
The other day a co-worker came in talking about a Twilight Zone marathon he had watched, so This got us talking about the show and when I went in the next day I brought the companion book to the show and started reading through it. What amazes me is how that a lot of the episodes from the original series would deal with the same subject but in such completely different ways. A lot of the shows would deal with death or immortality, attempting to change the past to make a better future, and human behavior. It's a show that can never be duplicated.
I tried to watch the new show, but it's terrible. One episode they did was similar to an original, but they changed the ending where instead of being chased by death the woman was being chased by life. Didn't make much sense to me either.
JIm

Banthaholic
07-12-2006, 12:59 AM
This is an old thread to resurrect. But during the 4th of July weekend sci fi had a 3 day old Twilight Zone marathon. Me 7 my wife startd watching and were hooked. Needless to say we watched and taped a good amount of episodes, but not enough to prevent me from staying up and watching it from midnight to 1am everynight.

I never really gave this show a chance and I love it. What a brilliantly written show that keeps me guessing for the outcomes.

Anyone else watching, or caught any of the marathon?

jonthejedi
07-31-2006, 04:22 AM
Rod Serling was a genius & changed the face of TV storytelling forever. He WAS really ahead of his time. I always attribute the classic ending of the orig. Planet of the Apes to him(co-writer). I had my wife watch during the marathon, and she got hooked as well. It was nice to see many for the first time, even some of the rarer 1 hour episodes. I love Eye of the Beholder, Nightmare at 20,000 Feet(pre-Trek Shatner) and Time Enough At Last with Burgess Meredith. That show made me want to get an extra pair of glasses...just in case. The one shot on videotape(an economic decision by CBS) with Bill Mumy where he talks to his dead grandmother was creepy, too.