PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Saga Release Dates...

Darth Trymybestus
01-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Quoted from www.theforce.net/collecting

The Official Site's Cargo Bay has been updated with some new information for collectors, including loose images of upcoming toys and tentative release dates. Some other details are also revealed, including official names and some new vehicles.

While there have been some reports of finding some of these toys at local retailers, here are the official release dates for Star Wars toys for 2003. Notice that Anakin Skywalker, Boba Fett and R2-D2 now have official names, and that several Action Fleet vehicles are revealed for the first time. It is interesting to note that the repackaged Power of the Jedi figures are missing from the Cargo Bay, although some lucky collectors have already found them.

Remember, these dates are tentative and are subject to change. The second wave of the Wal-Mart exclusive Cantina sets are listed as being out already, although there has been no word that these have been found by collectors yet. However, with Wal-Mart stores resetting their toy aisles this week, it is very possible that they could show up any day now.

But enough with the commentary....on to the list!

Basic Figures

January 10, 2003

Darth Tyranus, Geonosian Escape
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Acklay Battle
Padmé Amidala, Droid Factory Chase
SP-4 and JN-66, Research Droid 2-pack
Tusken Raider, Tatooine Camp Ambush

February 1, 2003

Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight
Anakin Skywalker, Robotic Hand
Barriss Offee
Boba Fett, Pit of Carkoon
Lama Su with Clone Boy
Mace Windu, Arena Confrontation

April 1, 2003

Ashla and Jempa (Bear Clan) 2 pack
Chewbacca, Mynock Hunt
Han Solo in Hoth Gear
R2-D2, Droid Factory Flight
Yoda and Chian (Bear Clan) 2 pack

May 1, 2003

Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi)
Luke Skywalker (Return of the Jedi)
Snowtrooper

June 1, 2003

Coleman Trebor
Padmé Amidala in Wedding Dress
Wat Tambor

October 1, 2003

McQuarrie Stormtrooper - Fan Choice #4

Deluxe Figures

March 3, 2003

Flying Jango Fett, Kamino
Force Power Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kamino

Cantina Scenes

November 1, 2002

Dr. Evazan - Cantina Scene
Kitik Keed'kak - Cantina Scene
Wuher - Cantina Scene

12" Figures

January 10, 2003

Anakin Skywalker (with Slashing Lightsaber Action)
Padmé Amidala
Geonosian Warrior

Unleashed

January 10, 2003

Princess Leia, Jabba's Slave
Darth Vader / Anakin

Action Fleet

December 20, 2002

Jango Fett's Slave I
Republic Assault Ship
Republic Gunship

March 3, 2003

Homing Spider Droid
Anakin's Speeder
Zam's Speeder

So, it confirms that the new Anakin Skywalker is called Anakin Skywalker - Robotic Hand and Boba Fett is called Boba Fett - Pit of Carkoon. :)
Not long now till I have the best SAGA Obi-Wan Kenobi figure.. the acklay battle one, that seems to be the definitive Attack of the Clones Obi-Wan Kenobi :D

Beast
01-10-2003, 12:35 PM
I've actually seen Anakin listed as Anakin Skywalker: Secret Ceremony. I believe that is what will appear on the card. I think that they are just listing it on StarWars.Com's Cargo Bay that way, to more distinguish it from the other Ani's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks