PDA

View Full Version : My sweet Wal-Mart deal!

Old Fossil
01-10-2003, 12:17 PM
I know this thread will soon get buried among the "Just Found" posts, but what the heck.

I just got the 12" Zuckuss, Dengar, and Imperial Officer for FIVE BUCKS APIECE!!! Yahoo!

They had marked down the 12" AOTC figures (all they had left were Zam, Super Battle Buick, and a lone Clone Trooper) to $10 each. Putting on my best "clueless" face, I asked the toy dept. manager why they weren't all marked down, since they had 2 Officers, 1 Dengs and 1 Zuckuss, too, but they were scanning full price.

"Are you gonna buy 'em all?" she asked.

"No," I said, "only these two." I handed her Zuckuss and Dengar.

"You need to buy more," she said.

"This is all I can afford today," I said.

"They're $5 apiece now," she said. Bless her! SO I got an Imperial Officer, too (a nice figure, as it turns out).

Man, it feels good to get a good deal! Been a while for me.

bobafett07728
01-10-2003, 12:26 PM
That is a good deal. . . I think I'll have to check out my local WalMart today.

Maybe they will even have a Greedo Cantina Scene, the Holiday Set, and the Trash Compactor sets. . .

Oh wait. . . I'm asking for too much. . . maybe just a figure or two.

Old Fossil
01-17-2003, 10:50 PM
Today my wife and I dropped in on the Wal-Mart in Magee, MS, about an hour from where I live and a good half hour south of Jackson. I bought:

12" Bossk: $10 (they had many, and many 4-LOM's)
AOTC Slave-1: $12 (again, many on the shelves)

3 basic figures for $1 each:
Clone Trooper (red)
young Boba Fett
beardless Endor Rebel soldier (last one they had)

They also had, incredibly, FOUR POTJ TIE Bombers @$15 each, and 4 corresponding Snowspeeders. But I already have a Bomber, so I passed. I also passed on the $10 Jedi Starfighter, though I don't have one yet. And all their Saga 3 3/4" figures were in one of those big wire bins for a buck apiece.

I can't believe my luck. The deals right now are sweeeet. And the Slave-1 is an incredible ship!!!

There. I have saved this thread from oblivion...

Dr Zoltar
01-18-2003, 02:03 AM
I am green with envy. I would love to get my hands on a POTJ Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder.

2-1B
01-18-2003, 02:18 AM
Awesome !

What's up with the 12 inchers on clearance?
Dooku, Zam, etc I can see, but that new wave just hit not long ago and they're on clearance here too . . .

well, they're only marked down to $15 so they aren't worth it yet, but I just can't believe they would clearance new figs like that.

I guess it's just because the new ones are all lumped in the same category with the first waves from last year . . . :)

Dr Zoltar
01-19-2003, 01:59 PM
Twodot Tatooine,

Does your Wal-Mart still have the POTJ Tie-Bombers and Snowspeeders or were they snatched up by scalpers already?

LTBasker
01-19-2003, 03:35 PM
That sucks, my Wal-Mart's only Star Wars stock consists of LEGOs (of course no new ones) and JUST the Cantina sets. :mad:

Old Fossil
01-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Dr Zoltar
Twodot Tatooine,

Does your Wal-Mart still have the POTJ Tie-Bombers and Snowspeeders or were they snatched up by scalpers already?

I'm assuming they're still there. Heck, as dusty and shelf-worn as the boxes were, they've probably been in that same store since April. But at $15 each, I don't know. It's about an hour away, so I can't drop by and check. I should have picked a couple up for trade here on SSG, but in my elation with my other bargains I wasn't thinking clearly...

Not many Star Wars scalpers out in the boon-docks here in Mississippi. I can't imagine how hard it must be to find stuff in major metropolitan areas.

bobafrett
01-19-2003, 10:43 PM
After reading about the deals at Wal-Mart, I ran to the one nearest my place. I didn't find any deals on 12" figures, even though they had them with the rest of the clearance items. I did get Lukes electric lightsaber, originally $30, for just $10. I also picked up a few of the Lego sets that they had for reasonable prices.

A year or two ago, I was working at Wal-Mart when they marked all the 3 3/4" figures to just $1. The thing was, when they got the newer figures in, they were ringing up a just $1. I bought 2 of each, and left some for the remainder of those lucky enough to get there. The next day the rest of the figures were all gone.

Dr Zoltar
01-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Twodot Tatooine,

Yeah, I only saw the POTJ Tie-Bomber once (in a TRU of all places). They had 4, but I didn't have the $30 at the time so I passed. Big mistake. I never did see the Snowspeeder but I liked how it was packaged -- sort of buried in the snow.

If you are still able to get your hands on them, I'd see if we could make some kind of deal/sale/trade. No pressure either way as an hour drive is a long way just to see if something is still in stock. Heck, that's how long I drive to my local comic book store so I only go once a month.

It is nice to see that there is still hope of finding some of the rarer POTJ stuff outside of the secondary market.