PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing

Wookie Boy
11-07-2001, 10:22 AM
Neither figure excites me. That is too bad. I was very happy that they were going to finally release a Snaggletooth and another Jedi Council member. These just fall short of what they could have done with them. Hasbro was doing a better job at releasing accessories that made sense, but Snaggletooth's mega-cannon is pure overkill. The face of Eeth Koth reminds me of the masks you wear in The Legend of Zelda-Ocarina of Timeand that stance was definitely unnecessary.

JEDIpartner
11-07-2001, 10:35 AM
To quote a certain protocol droid...

"He Agrees!"

see my post on "Eeth Koth and Zutton Carded" for details

JediCole
11-07-2001, 11:04 AM
Well, we've long since seen both of these figures, so there was certainly no reason to imagine that they would change before they were carded. However, it seems that Hasbro skimped on the paint with Zutton. Compare the previous images, indeed even the one on the back of the box, to the figure under the blister! The nostrils are not blacked out and there is little to no highlighting around the mouth. It almost looks as if the example shown didn't make it to all of the paint stations, but I doubt that this is an exception. In that regard, I am disappointed.
As for Zutton's blaster bazooka, yes, it is a shame we are returning to the pointless accessories, thogh I am impressed that he comes with a translucent drinking glass. And the bending knees are long overdue for Cantina patrons!

Wolfwood319
11-07-2001, 05:06 PM
I'll pick up the Zutton, but I'll pass on the Eth Koth. Something about the stance, and the pose makes him stand out from the other Jedi. Plus too, the character doesn't look that cool to begin with. And I don't know about the new lightsabre either, it could just be the picture, but it seems kind of crooked and disproportional.

INDIANA
11-07-2001, 05:24 PM
Someone show me where in the movies we have seen "energy flashes" for lack of better words, around the hilt of a lightsaber?

Koth will make a wonderfull figure to custom for AOTC. I think Hasbro will fall short of producing misc fighting jedi knights and a custom of Koth will do nicely.

Snaggeltooth.....well.....does anyone really expect Hasbro to go all out with these "series enders"? I'm sure they would like nothing better than release these figures asap, forget POTJ and move right into the profitable E2 Star Wars line. Cutting back on paint jobs and detailing does not surprise me. I think we will be in for a dissappointment when we finally see the Teebo wave. It would also not surprise me at all if 1 or more of the "postponed" vehicle pieces gets the boot and doesn't come out. It wouldn't be the first time something was cancelled at the last minute. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Turbowars
11-07-2001, 09:39 PM
After reading the above, I feel so depressed, the sad thing is IT'S ALL TRUE!!!

evenflow
11-07-2001, 09:46 PM
I still think Eeth Koth could be cool.

JediTricks
11-08-2001, 05:58 AM
I will put my Eeth Koth along side my Plo Koon (http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/plo-maul/).

However, I gotta agree with Turbo, that comment about "series enders" is depressingly true. :(

OC47150
11-08-2001, 08:55 AM
I can't wait to get my hands on an extra Eeth Koth. Minus the head, I think he would make a great custom Quinlin Vos!

JEDIpartner
11-08-2001, 12:34 PM
:cry: But that's not the point!!! Eeth Koth shouldn't have been totally Jackie Channed on us!!

Mandalorian Candidat
11-08-2001, 12:41 PM
Is it just me or is the Snaggletooth figure just totally nasty looking. I don't mean just the species, the actual figure. The original one and the one from the Cantina Alien CS look 1000x better. This one looks like its wearing one of Burt Reynolds' toupees. I hope it drinks itself to death with that stupid cup it comes with.:stupid: :confused: :frus: :eek: :mad: :( :rolleyes: :cry: :dead:

OC47150
11-08-2001, 01:18 PM
I know that's not the point with Eeth Koth, Jedi Master, but admit it: Koth has one of the coolest stances to be released in a long time -- or ever!

oldfossil
11-08-2001, 08:01 PM
I have to disagree with many of you regarding Snags. The inclusion of the shoulder blaster only increases his play value -- which, despite the fact that Hasbro is more collector-focused, is still a consideration, since these are still TOYS, meant for just more than diorama decor. What good's a cup going to do him facing some kid's stormtroopers?

The fact that the finished product's paint job doesn't measure up to the one posted weeks ago shouldn't surprise anyone who keeps up with these things. An example of this is the latest Luke X-Wing.

Zutton is still a cool figure, judging from the new carded pictures. Then again, I'm a sucker for Cantina patrons! As for Eeth Koth, well, I think they should've kept more to scale with the other POTJ Jedi Masters, like Plo Koon.

GNT
11-09-2001, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Is it just me or is the Snaggletooth figure just totally nasty looking. I don't mean just the species, the actual figure. The original one and the one from the Cantina Alien CS look 1000x better. This one looks like its wearing one of Burt Reynolds' toupees. I hope it drinks itself to death with that stupid cup it comes with.:stupid: :confused: :frus: :eek: :mad: :( :rolleyes: :cry: :dead:

The new Snaggletooth way better than the other versions out there!

JediTricks
11-09-2001, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
:cry: But that's not the point!!! Eeth Koth shouldn't have been totally Jackie Channed on us!! That's true, but don't cry. ;)

I don't like the figure's left hand, that thing isn't going to be able to hold anything. I guess it's doing a "Force pick up", but I don't foresee any possibilities with that w/out customizing.

JEDIpartner
11-09-2001, 09:39 AM
...the more I think he looks like Norman Fell- we could call the figure Stanley Roper (Red Jumpsuit).:stupid: