PDA

View Full Version : Found Anything Lately?

Jek Porky 2002
01-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Has anyone found anything after Jedi Council Yoda yet? I've noticed how everythings slowed down alot over here, even R2DToys haven't had anything since Lott Dod!

kdp100
01-11-2003, 09:14 AM
I picked up the new Saga Imperial Officer & Rebel Fleet Trooper head variants from R2DToys last week - but these were one-offs that I'd won on eBay auctions, rather than out of a full case assortment.

Both these figures have lighter hair-colour than their POTJ predecessors. The Imperial Officer is the version with the wider chin, and the face of the Rebel has an expression that to me looks more determined and less nervous than the previous version.

Haven't seen a Jedi Council Yoda, but then I haven't been looking for one. My local branch of Forbidden Planet has had waves of the Destroyer Droid figure in stock about three times.

Jek Porky 2002
01-11-2003, 02:50 PM
What are Toys'r'us doing lately?

patchiswelsh
01-12-2003, 09:40 AM
R2Dtoys haven't had anything new for ages
but i think everything is coming all in one big go according to them
hopefully padmé 2003 is coming soon

Jargo
01-12-2003, 02:48 PM
TRU will be selling off all the cheap stock they got from hasbro, older stuff mostly with possibly a trickle of the new stuff which will fly off the pegs faster than you can say "blip". TRU in Chester and Liverpool looked fairly empty last time i was in and they appeared set to recieve all the new stock on everything. Liverpool had almost completely removed their star wars stuff and Chester were putting out plenty of figures just nothing new. Chester is a prime store to visit being a high turnover store. They get a better deal that a store like Liverpool which doesn't move enough stock. Chester will have more new stuff sooner and more of it it than a low turnover store like Liverpool. Even Warrington is a slow store apparently.

AndyW
01-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Cardiff Toys R Us has next to nothing, even the new action fleet which only arrived there just before christmas,hasn't been restocked.

Not star wars related,but this weekend I picked up some new things. First was the toy of the Starship Enterprise NX-01, fantastic little thing,more like a model and nothing like the naff electronic enterprises and starships of the past. Impressed with this.

Then second I got two replica swords from lord of the rings, Gandalfs Glamdring and Frodos Sting, really really really nice things, and I got them severely cheap, certainly wasn't going to pay the rip of £250 that Battleorders do them for.

All in all,good weekend. Still no email from d&s toys about the action fleet shipping cost,and nowt from Hasbro, tho that hasbro email I only sent friday,so thats fair enough :)

Lewis
01-25-2003, 04:55 AM
The Toys R Us in Sheffield is quiete lately :( they have loads of Ephant Mons and the other usual figures...oh and a Gunship!!:p

gibbspaulus
01-25-2003, 01:51 PM
Lakeside TRU looked like there'd been a riot. There were next to nothing on the shelves, even with the fact that they've shrunk the stock down to about five pegs!

They still had almost 20 12" Maces, and a few Wattos and Pilot Jango - but that was it!!! They're also still pushing the Artoo offer, although anyone would be hard pushed to spend £30!

The Entertainer had the usual mix of stuff, as did Into The Void, and the Collector stall in the old Marketty bit.

And Tesco Beckton have the Reek for a fiver...

mightywhelk
01-27-2003, 06:11 AM
Norwich TRU is a similar scene. There's lots of figures, but nothing new and did't I hear recently that that he price of figures would drop to £3-£4? If TRU want to shift old stock, they aren't going to at £5.99.

kdp100
01-27-2003, 07:44 AM
If anyone wants an extra Anakin OPD for customising purposes (or just target-practice), there's currently about a dozen of them on the pegs in the basement of London's Tower Records for £2.99 each.

I might drop by and pick one up this lunchtime if Forbidden Planet have still got their £1.99 Qui-Gons, and do a quick head-swap....

kdp100
01-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Well, looks like the 2003 collection is starting to show up!

I just dropped into the Hollywood Store on St Martin's Lane and they had one each of Saga Eeth Koth, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Dooku & Destroyer Droid, as well as several of the rehash Jedi Council Yoda.

Also, both the Trash Compactor sets - at a "mere" £29.95 EACH!!!!
Decided to pass at this stage, as I'd only want these sets for the dianoga and £60 seems rather a lot to pay for that!

Oh yes, and they had the "Xmas" droids too, at the slightly more reasonable price of £19.95.

patchiswelsh
01-27-2003, 11:41 AM
how much were the new figs?, because r2dtoys might be getting them for less than £6. Which is very good.

kdp100
01-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Indeed. I try to buy stuff from R2DToys myself whenever possible.

The figures I saw today varied in price quite a bit - the "new" Yoda was the dearest at £14.95 and Dooku was £11.95, although I didn't really pay much attention to the others.

Jargo
01-28-2003, 03:22 PM
I just got back from TRU Chester and what a wasted journey that was. Star Wara is reduced to just an area four feet by two feet. Which is roughly six pegs by two. They had a few older figures including a gazillion palpatines and Geo warriors and Djas Puhr but other than the horrid looking role play Obi wan mask and saber thing there was naff all there. No Lego even. Absolutely pathetic. I don't know what the score is but so much for them continuing to stock stuff. I know this is traditionally a down time but even so it's dire. I think i'll stick with John and R2DTOYS. TRU had everything at full price. At least when john says he's getting figures and they'll be cheap he means what he says and it happens. Huzzah for R2DTOYS!! :D Booo hiss for TRU. :mad:

kdp100
01-30-2003, 10:32 AM
The Analysis Droids, Padme & the new Tusken have arrived!

I just picked them up at London's Forbidden Planet for slightly under £9 each.

There are still about half a dozen of each of these on the shelves, and I heard one of the staff talking about the new Mace Windu figure in a way that suggested she'd set eyes on it earlier in the day.

Jargo
01-30-2003, 02:25 PM
£9? Jeepers! John at R2's will have them for £4 a little later than most folk maybe but waiting pays off if he can offer the new stuff at those rock bottom prices. Well, it's yur money so if you want to pay the higher prices that's your prerogative I suppose. ;)

kdp100
01-30-2003, 09:22 PM
True, but it's been a while since I bought anything, and I felt like treating myself, so...

Lewis
02-01-2003, 04:09 AM
Forbidden Planet should be ashamed to sell these figures at that price, Just makes me appreciate R2DToys more :p

kdp100
02-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Shuttles have landed!
5 of them. At Forbidden Planet (London).

Usual mark-up prices apply, of course - £110 a pop.
Think I can wait till R2DToys' next shipment.

patchiswelsh
02-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Just got the new Padmé from the outer rim.co.uk and is a very nice figure indeed :) :)

kdp100
02-14-2003, 08:27 AM
FP has today received Acklay Obi-Wan & new Dooku.
Passed on both.

Also wave 2 of the Star Toys droids, oddly enough, at £12.99 a pop.

HARDY
02-18-2003, 06:34 PM
Just gotta deluxe clonetrooper with buy it now from ebay at 9.99 which i thought was cheap from the bedfordscifistore...im new to this stuff where do i find r2dtoys?????

HARDY
02-18-2003, 06:37 PM
also the two toys r us near me brent cross and hayes both cleared the starwars sections for space...excited me popped back the next day as i thought they would have new gear but bloody action mans been put up!!!! star wars stuff now only on the edge of an aisle what the hell is goingon??? And why havent thery reduced the prices yet??

mightywhelk
02-18-2003, 06:54 PM
It would appear that the TRU price drop was all a cunning ruse on their part, I haven't heard of any branches that have done it.

As for R2dtoys, go to www.r2dtoys.com - I'm not sure if they have a 'bricks and mortar' shop anymore, but one of the regulars will be able to confirm.

Colonel Jack O'Neil
02-18-2003, 07:21 PM
I havent posted on here for a long time and the last figure I got was Watto but I am still missing the Destroyer Droid and any after Watto, but this is what I have found out in my online searching...

Popcornlive.co.uk have the following instock at £6.99 each...

Destroyer Droid
Darth Tyranus (Geonosian Escape)
Obi-wan Kenobi (Acklay battle)
Padme Amidala (Droid Factory)
SP-4 & JN-66 (Research Dorids)

Also, I think Hasbro.co.uk have mis-marked the Deluxe Geonoisan and Pod figure, its only £5.99 when all other deluxe figures are £8.99, wish they had something else on their site I could buy then I could get it.

I have also seen 1 guy on ebay who has the following at roughly £6-£8 each...

Star Wars TEEBO Ewok ROTJ RePacked MOC AOTC
Star Wars EETH KOTH RePacked Saga MOC AOTC
Star Wars TUSKEN Tatooine Ambush US MOC AOTC
Star Wars SP-4 & JN-66 Library Droid MOC AOTC
Star Wars REBEL TROOPER RePacked MOC AOTC
Star Wars IMPERIAL OFFICER RePacked MOC AOTC
Star Wars AMIDALA Droid Factory US MOC AOTC
Star Wars AAYLA SECURA Twilek Jedi MOC AOTC
Star Wars BARRISS OFFEE (Padawan) US MOC AOTC
Star Wars LAMA SU & Clone Youth US MOC AOTC
Star Wars YODA Jedi High Council MOC AOTC
Star Wars DARTH TYRANUS Geo Escape MOC AOTC
Star Wars OBI WAN KENOBI Acklay Bat. MOC AOTC
Star Wars DESTROYER DROID Geo Battle MOC AOTC

Because I seem to be missing so many I think I might treat myself and buy them all at once hehe, unless anyone knows anywhere cheaper, and dont say R2DToys, I have only ever ordered from them 3 times and each time had something wrong, had a crushed Darth Maul, then a Crushed Ephant Mon and worst was a crushed Silver R2D2 but they replaced it luckily for me because I had it signed by Kenny Baker :)

kdp100
02-18-2003, 09:01 PM
Sounds like you've had a run of bad luck there - I've been buying from R2DToys for about 18 months without a glitch. No complaints with the Bedford SciFi Store either - bought from them just before Xmas, no problems.

I'm still looking for Aayla & Barriss - I'm really hoping that one of the central London shops gets them in the next couple of weeks.

If you're in the South West, have you tried Hen's Teeth in Exeter? Not especially cheap but reasonably accessible from Bristol.
I was last down there in June 2002 & they were still going strong then...

Colonel Jack O'Neil
02-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Thanks for that but I cant even get to the TRU near bristol easily because I dont have transportation, anyway, dont like buying from TRU anyway, they ruin the figures by putting those security stickers on them, impossible to get them off, same with FB and they even charge more, only place I have bought from is the Entertainer, got a Djas Puhr many months ago, think I will just order online, never any stickers on them that way, that is unless anyone knows of a big fair comming up where I could get them all?

Jargo
02-19-2003, 07:00 PM
I've never had anything but perfect from R2's. Odd that you've had bad luck. As for new stuff, I'm being patient for the cheapness of geting the first waves for just £4 a pop from R2's. TRU seem to have disappeared up their own bum again as the Chester branch has reduced their display right down and when in there the othe day they just had Djas, Orn free taa, Palpatine, bearded rebel soldier, geo warior, Han endor, padme pilot, Typho, royal guard, and a couple of the last deluxe. But just two rows of pegs and the rows were five pegs wide. really poor showing. I think the reduction to clear was for their benefit not ours.
I just don't feel any hurry to get any of this new stuff. It's all hanging around somewhere or other for years afterwards anyway. Someone somewhere hordes a warehouse ful of it and then the smaller retailers get a hold of stock and you can find what you want eventually. Then again, I'm also not in a hurry to buy anything at all with that extra shuttle and a load of backordered stuff from R2's on my credit card bill. :rolleyes: It'll be march before I go shopping again.

Colonel Jack O'Neil
02-19-2003, 07:18 PM
I have read about the Shuttle but is it worth £75, just have only seen the box and not the actuall thing and dont know because with £75 I could get alot of the figures I need if not all of them.

Also, has anyone been in an argos recently, im told they have the Jedi Starfighter for £8.99 and at that price I will take it.

gibbspaulus
02-20-2003, 06:47 AM
GET THE SHUTTLE!!!!!! Are you insane! It's a must-have!!!!

Sorry, a bit extreme there but I love mine!

You have EMpire DAy III in Honiton in a few weeks - could probably pick up a few bargains there.

Jargo
02-20-2003, 07:13 AM
Well, IMO there aren't that many good figures coming out this year that would total £75, so unless you're going to be buying tons of army builders you might as well take advantage of the cheap shuttle price because soon it's going to be mighty expensive to get one. This false report of just 5,000 being made is going to kick around like an urban myth forever and that means unscrupulous retailers will tae advantage of lowly collectors and up up up the price. John is the only one I can think of that's being fair to us. Actually passing on some savings. He collects himself so he knows what it's like. I'm not talking here for the sake of creeping but because I actually believe what i'm saying. I mean it's all about profits but if someone is prepared to cut their profits to pass on a good deal then I say stick with them.

Okay, getting off my soapbox now. :rolleyes:

kdp100
02-20-2003, 09:12 AM
There's no Hasbro SAGA stuff in the current Argos catalogue at all! Maybe they were selling them on clearance while back.

Jargo
02-20-2003, 11:58 AM
After being sued for millions I don't think ARGOS or INDEX will be too chuffed with Hasbro for ratting on them. I'm not at all surprised that there's no stuff in their catalogues. :D They've tasken their bat and ball and aren't playing any more. Diddums...

Hasbro won't really be bothered, sales are up anyway and they will probably step up their own webstore sales to compensate or use other avenues to retail the stuff.

17,000,000 is a big fine though, Littlewoods will be smarting for a while if they can't get a rematch in the courts. I don't think they'll win, after all is said and done ARGOS and INDEX were set up as low cost catalogue places where the masses could find items cheaply. Setting the prices high is a bit stupid if it's actually supposed to be a cheap place to shop. Meanwhile Hasbro is laughing all the way to the bank scot free.

Colonel Jack O'Neil
02-20-2003, 01:46 PM
Think I might have to get the shuttle then but as for the figures, I dont just buy the ones I think look good, I am collecting them all, just the basic and deluxe figures for now, even have all the first 16 with inserts and even a little Jorge Sacul, got afew of my figures autographed but like I said, I collect them so if there is a basic or deluxe figure I dont have I will be buying it.

HARDY
02-20-2003, 02:50 PM
hi all thanks for the info on r2dtoys as i am relatively quite new to this im planning on visiting r2dtoys shop as its only about 30mins from me...does anyone know if the do the same deals as there website at the shop as welll for eg three saga figs plus one ep1 fig for 10 pounds!!(crazy cheap)???

also foound 2 clonetrooper red at 2 dofferent tescos bought them both and also tesco in osterley have about 30 final duel 2 sets at 2.99 pounds if anyones interested

kdp100
02-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Hardy, congrats on hunting-down the red clone-troopers, which seem to be almost impossible to find these days. Regarding the R2DToys offer, please my reply on the other thread about that.

Regarding the Hasbro/Argos situation, I think the latest Argos catalogue was prob'ly printed a few weeks ago, so I don't know how much relevance it has to yesterday's court-ruling. Maybe there were advance rumblings of the verdict, though - such things do tend to happen.

Anyway, I'm a happy bunny this evening, as I've just opened my parcel containing Secret Ceremony Anakin, Lama Su & the Clone Youth. (I got some strange looks from my colleagues when I told them I was off early this evening to take delivery of a cloned human child from Singapore!)

I'm very happy with these figures - Anakin in particular! Just right!

Jargo
02-20-2003, 09:49 PM
:D I'm not surprised you got funny looks, they lock you up for that sort of thing these days y'know :eek: :D

Is anakin as shiny as the pics galactic hunter showed? Those pics made the plastic seem really glossy which looked odd. Can you see if lama Su has proper legs under his robe/skirt? I was thinking of customising a lama Su into a regular kaminoan teacher/clone attendant and just wondered.

Hardy, I think R2DTOYS closed the real world store up to focus their efforts on the webstore. I'm not 100% sure but i think that's the case. seem to recal John saying something to that effect in this thread a few pages back.

My tescos is poo. Supposed to be big place but they never have anything decent. Comes from being placed in a deprived area out in the middle of nowhere. :cry: I dunno, I live in a green belt area that supposedly has a lot of monied people living in it and the stores here are so conservative. I guess the money is tied up in property or something. Either that or the rich folk don't have kids. Weird thing is that round the corner from this big tescos is an area of low income folk that has a million squillion kids who'd take advantage of cheaper toys. I mean c'mon, anyone would think tescos was a food store or something... :crazed:

kdp100
02-21-2003, 05:25 AM
Can't say I'd noticed that Anakin is particularly shiny - no more than Hangar Duel version, anyway. His cloak is possibly shinier than the new Padme's.

Lama Su's legs are similar to Taun We's, but without the holes in his feet. He stands up rather better than she does, as his skirt surrounds the body completely and, if anything, is slightly longer than his legs. He has exactly the same articulation as Taun We (shoulders and waist only) but stands more than a head taller.

The Clone's outfit is slightly lighter in colour than AOTC Boba figure, and as reported elsewhere he's articulated at the shoulders, neck and waist. He's a good likeness.

I think R2DToys tends to be open for a couple of hours some day, up until lunchtime. It's still best to ring before making a special journey.

Jek Porky 2002
02-22-2003, 11:44 AM
I've managed to pick up Padme, The Droids, and Tusken Raider, AT LAST!!!

Very nice they are too!

kdp100
02-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Nice one!
Next stop for me - Barriss and Aayla!

patchiswelsh
02-23-2003, 05:55 AM
Hey

Do you have any idea which is the next place to get them
soooooo woud like these
where will you get them from kdp100???

kdp100
02-23-2003, 09:54 AM
Well... {licks finger and holds it up to the wind}...

There have been a few offered on eBay in the last week or so (just do a search on "Aayla" or "Barriss").
I was considering exercising the Buy It Now option to pick up a three-pack of Aayla, Barriss, & Lama Su with Clone Youth for around US$30 plus shipping from the US.

Decided against it for the time being, though, as I've already got Lama & the Clone from a seller in Singapore and, although I want another Clone Youth to do a headswap with young Boba, I decided it would be too much of an indulgence to buy all these so far from the last payday!

At the time of writing, all Buy It Now options have lapsed as there have been bids placed on them. I'm sure they'll be a few more going under the hammer in the next few days, though.

kdp100
02-24-2003, 10:06 AM
If anyone in the London area is missing any POTF2 items, the Hollywood Store on St Martin's Lane has recently obtained virtually a complete set of regular and deluxe figures in that line - just one of each, it seems.
Picked up a POTF2 Rebel Fleet Trooper & a deluxe Boba Fett myself today, but there's still lots of other stuff left!

HARDY
02-24-2003, 05:16 PM
HI KDP HOW MUCH THOSE GUYS CHARGING FOR EACH ITEM??

Jargo
02-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Sounds like someone just got married and wifey made them sell their collection. :) That's more common than you'd think.

HARDY, ouch, all caps, ouch. ;) too loud man.

Wonder if John is back from NYC TF yet. the website still has the 'gone fishin' notice up.
I'm eagerly anticipating the shipment of star tours wave two which should be in stock round about now cuz John said end of the month to me. Shame they put wave three completely on hold. Oh well, still those cool army builder sets to grab instead. Wonder if this green A-wing is still going ahead or if that too is on hold?

HARDY
02-24-2003, 09:40 PM
sorry about the loudness :D was at work forgot i had the caps lock...anyways does anyone know if r2dtoys still run a bricks and morter shop or is it just all mail order now...as i still havent called them yet but would love to go down there and spend LOADSA MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry jargo had o be done too excited also whats everyones views on the lego jango fetts slave one its only 16.99 at tescos half price is it worth it??

patchiswelsh
02-25-2003, 04:04 AM
btw John is now back, as i got some emails from them
good to hear there back

kdp100
02-25-2003, 05:28 AM
Most of the Hollywood Store figures are a rather pricey £9.95, with some (long-sabre Obi-Wan, Tarkin etc.) costing up to £10 more - so not really cheap at all!

I suppose they COULD have been second-hand, but they didn't look it - more like someone had found a dusty old box of unopened figures at the back of the shop. I don't actually know if that shop does buy as well as sell, although I've never known them to do so before.

And yes, John is back from the US - so, Hardy, you might want to give him a call to see if the shop's open.

HARDY
02-25-2003, 04:27 PM
i hate toys r us its official today i went out and found some lego kits...
ASDA price Toysrus
Jedi Star Fighter £ 9.90 19.99

Even worse
Tesco Toys R us
Jango fetts Slave one £ 16.99 49.99

I could go on and on

lego jango £ 12.99 34.99
loads more too

What the hell is going on..i was gonna buy the republic gunship and at te lego sets but toys r us are the only ones doing it at 89.99 how much are they ripping us on that one when are they gonna learn to look after their loyal customers!! really makes me mad!!!!! I must must of spent hundreds in their if not thousands why dont they stop treating us like idiots and give us the deals we want and i KNOW they can give!!!!!!

HARDY
02-25-2003, 04:29 PM
2nd prices are toys r us prices

odb
02-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Its a pretty sad sight at all my local Toys R us' and Entertainers. There doesn't seem to be any new additions since Shaak Ti with the exception of the Entertainer offering the Arena Playset at £60, so they can pull the other one.

The independant stores have all the latest figures, Obi-Wan Acklay attack, Research Droids etc but all at about £8 upwards.

The strangest thing is the relative ambudance of Imperial Shuttles. I have seen five sitting in these shops and with varying price tags but none as low as R2 Toys though.

Colonel Jack O'Neil
02-27-2003, 03:02 PM
I dont know if anyone has checked R2DToys website lately but I went on it last night and ended up spending £50 on 10 figures, they had 3 of the new saga 2003 figures at only £4 each and some of the others I needed for £4 each, think I got a good deal :D

kdp100
03-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Just come back from a long weekend in the West Country, where I was pleased to see that Hen's Teeth in Exeter (tel. 01392-413457) are still going strong. They've got several of the newer Saga figures (Padme, droids, Dooku) in stock, as well as the Shuttle. Didn't check the prices.
Also some carded and loose stuff from POTF2-POTJ, as well as some vintage figures.
I picked up a loose POTF2 A-Wing Pilot (£4) and a boxed Eopie with Qui-Gon - a bit steep at £30, but I've never seen it cheaper.

Also, Krackers comic shop in the same town (Fore St.) had a few older and relatively-hard-to-find figures, such as Luke with Skyhopper model & Cantina Han. These two were £6.95 each, others pricier.

Returned to London this evening to find that Forbidden Planet had a couple of Barriss Offee figures on the shelves at £8.99 apiece. There may still be one left...

kdp100
03-14-2003, 08:48 AM
Aayla Secura, Forbidden PLanet, London - £8.99.

Careful not to break the arms!

patchiswelsh
03-14-2003, 11:06 AM
Cool
Dammit i just ordered one all the way from america

Jargo
03-17-2003, 06:54 PM
I ordered the two new speeders and padme and research droids from a 'specialist' shall we say and got sent an e-mail saying that they'd run out and ther'd be a delay so I would only have to pay regular postage for express shipping to compensate. Then i got a second e-mail saying there had been a second delay so i would get them postage free... which was nice :happy: I fully expect them to arrive tomorrow afternoon.
I hadn't bought anything from this place in a while because other places were cheaper. But really despite the prices being slightly higher than say R2's the service from this place is always really excellent and the goods have always been topnotch for me. never had a duff shipment yet.
Who was the retailer? Popcornlive.co.uk they are actually competitive as far as smaller retailers go. Between them R2DTOYS and Toy Palace I don't think I could hope for better suppliers. I rarely actually go to real world shops now. There's never anything there so I tend to support the smaller businesses and buy everything online.
I noticed that hasbro.co.uk have got a few new figures up on their site at the usual £6 price. I'm tempted but with other places reducing on older stocks It's hardly worth the bother to use the Hasbro webstore. It's such a pain trying to find what you want there. Then ordering is messy too. They need to get that sorted out fast.
Popcorn and R2's are just so organised and dead easy to shop with. thank god for small businesses eh?

odb
03-23-2003, 05:22 PM
Mmmmmhhhh a few surprises at the Entertainer at Lakeside.

Not much to report on the figure front, still the same pegwarmers/regulars. However the vehicles a few pleasant surprises. Several Gunships were on the shelf along with all the other ships with the exception of the Landspeeder.

The Arena playset was there in force as well. More importantly, the never seen (well at least by me) before Acklay was there on the shelf discounted to £10. So I grabbed one:D . The Nexu also made a rare appearance, allbeit in a badly damaged card (the bubble was dented and the card was ripped).

Other stuff from Lakeside included a couple of Shuttles a few of the latest figure releases (Dooku, Research Droids etc) at about £10.

gibbspaulus
03-24-2003, 12:28 PM
Romford was pretty good too (Hello Ashley). Both TK Maxx and TJ Hughes had good bargains (Acklays everywhere). And A starfighter for thirteen quid.

HARDY
03-25-2003, 02:53 PM
I POPPED INTO MY LOCAL TRUS TODAY THEY HAD 2 CASES OF EPHANT MON...I THOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPPOSED TO BE RARE ALSO HAD A BOX OF SHAK TI AND OTHER BITS AND PIECES STILL NO SIGN OF THE CLONE PILOTS OR ANY OTHER CLONE FIGS AT ALL

Lewis
03-26-2003, 02:54 AM
Ive just bought 4 Clone trooper pilots from R2DToys at £5 each, so they seem to have plenty :p

kdp100
04-01-2003, 08:00 AM
Forbidden Planet have restocked since last week on flying R2, Carkoon Boba & Lama Su, as well as several others.
All around £8.99.

Emperors_Hand_2211
04-01-2003, 09:17 AM
Nostalgia & Comics in B'ham have the Aayla/Bariss wave in, well they did anyway. 7.99 for Aayla and Bariss. 6.99 for others.
Bought Aayla. She's cool. I llllllooove her. :D

kdp100
04-01-2003, 11:19 AM
She's great, but remember not to force any stuck joints!

kdp100
04-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Dropped into Hamley's toyshop on London's Regent St today, and noticed that they've moved their Saga display from the foyer to the furthest corner of the top floor.

However, they've dropped their prices down to a fairly reasonable £6.99 AND, lurking behind a sea of unsold Arena Padmes, I found several of the 1st 2003 wave (Dooku, Analysis Droids, Arena Obi-Wan, Factory Padme, & Headless Tusken).

HARDY
04-03-2003, 04:55 PM
how can u still pay that much for these figures.....i think im a real stinge bag i only really buy after ive searched for bargin prices just got my delivery of 4 clone trooper pilots yeay!!!!at last waited for ages but got 4 for 16 pounds plus £2 p+p from a wicked seller on ebay:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D total of 4.50 is this cheap coz i thought it was a good deal....i also got some bootlegs which ive tried to customise and being a virgin customiser let me know how you think ive done in the bootleg clone section

kdp100
04-04-2003, 05:49 AM
how can u still pay that much for these figures.....

Well I didn't - I only said I'd found them! ;)
As it happens, I've left several of the newest figures (Obi-Wan, Dooku, R2, Boba, Council Yoda) on the shelves every time I've seen them.

Your point about shopping around for bargain prices is a valid one, but if I see something new on the shelves then I can't be bothered looking elsewhere just to save a couple of quid - odds are it'll have gone by the time I come back to the original shop!

Those custom pirate clones look good, esp. the yellow one!
I swapped the arms on two of mine, too.

HARDY
04-04-2003, 09:20 AM
thanks kdp appreciate the comments

Emperors_Hand_2211
04-07-2003, 02:59 AM
At the moment I'm not buying much of anything since I'm saving the pennies for an engagement ring. Under normal circumstances I don't pay anything above rrp, but I make an exception for figures I really want, Aayla being one.
Usually I save wads of cash and spend out twice a year at memorabilia. The prices there are usually quite good if your willing to shop around a lot.

gibbspaulus
04-07-2003, 08:30 AM
I found one of Everything NEW!!!!

Of course that was at memorabilia.

U.K.BOY
04-07-2003, 03:33 PM
So am I to assume you managed to pick up :-

Yoda & Chian
Ashla & Jempa
Red Battle Droid
Variant Imperial Officer
Han Hoth (blue coat)
Chewie Mynock Hunt.

Which dealer(s) had these ?.

AFAIK (a friend went) the show was quite poor for new items (seems the NEC has turned into an indoor jumble sale for last years Saga overstock).Unless anyone can tell me different.

UKBoy.

kdp100
04-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Yoda & Chian
Ashla & Jempa
Red Battle Droid
Variant Imperial Officer
Han Hoth (blue coat)
Chewie Mynock Hunt.

Well, I always take the statement "everything" as being qualified as "everything that's been reported as released on cards so far".

Regarding the list above, I know that R2DToys has had the Imperial Officer in stock at least once ('coz that's where I got mine a month or so back), and some of the rest are available on eBay as loose prototypes "in hand".

The only items I'm expecting to show up anytime soon are Anakin's and Dooku's speeders, together with the Sandtrooper builder sets.

Roll on....

HARDY
04-07-2003, 07:19 PM
i just picked up a sandtrooper builder set for 14 pounds plus 1.50 p + p is this good its the first time id seen it

kdp100
04-08-2003, 05:57 AM
Where'd you find that set? Online?
I haven't seen it on shelves anywhere yet.

HARDY
04-08-2003, 06:54 AM
yeah on ebay click here to see!!

I thought a lot more peeps would bid on it but i was lucky!!!!!!1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2474&item=3124604182&rd=1

cool hey.

kdp100
04-08-2003, 07:05 AM
Nicely done and well-spotted!
I might have bid on those myself if I'd seen 'em!

Enjoy! :)

gibbspaulus
04-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by U.K.BOY
So am I to assume you managed to pick up :-

Yoda & Chian
Ashla & Jempa
Red Battle Droid
Variant Imperial Officer
Han Hoth (blue coat)
Chewie Mynock Hunt.

Which dealer(s) had these ?.

AFAIK (a friend went) the show was quite poor for new items (seems the NEC has turned into an indoor jumble sale for last years Saga overstock).Unless anyone can tell me different.

UKBoy.

Alright, stroppy knickers! :-)

I did see Han, Chewie, the speeders, Boba ..etc. Ia ctually was looking for POTF2/POTJ stuff so only gave Saga stuff a quick glance.

U.K.BOY
04-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Didn't actually mean to cause offence (but seems I might have anyway).

Just seemed like a nice opportunity to have bragging rights (for a change).

Seems quite a few dealers and retailers in this country have been either very slow, or even dropped SW like a smelly turd (non movie year and all that !!).

Nice that I can still get the SW stuff from somebody.Having said that I have been spending some serious bucks on Dragon 12" figures lately (they pretty much do make the SW 12" like , in the words of a fellow SW poster "reheated vomit").
I am presuming that Hasbro are somewhat hamstrung to produce a reasonable figure for around the $20 mark (after a big chunk of that presumably goes to licensing fees).

BTW, which dealer had Han Hoth & Chewie Mynock Saga figures ?.

Anyhow, peace out and happy hunting.

UKBoy.

HARDY
04-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the brent cross tip kdp bagged myself the only darth ob1 duel 25th anniverary pack left there tonight they had loads of the others but only one like this cheers mate

HARDY
04-08-2003, 05:45 PM
on another note nothing to do with anything on this thread but i didnt know who else to ask does anyone know if the darktrooper fig is really rare and why as i still have my two that i picked up in toys r us before episode 1 came out and ive seen them sell for about 50 pounds on ebay??? The only reason i bought them back then is because it was a massive figure lucky i did although only one was momc the other was loose but the stingers still charged me full price at the shop its was only about 5 pounds though anyway ill stop going on anyone shed any light on this for me please?????

Emperors_Hand_2211
04-09-2003, 03:20 AM
Yeah the darktrooper is pretty rare. Rare in that no one actually has any for sale. It's the most expensive figure I own, having paid about £70 for it during a phase in my life when I catually had that much money. Thinking about it it's the third most expensive single SW item I own after the AT-AT and the Royal Starship.
I assume the reason it is so rare is that they barely made any. The EU waves were pretty short production anyways and the Darktrooper was presumably the figure of which there was only one per case.
It's a nice figure, not worth £50 mind you but still nice.

gibbspaulus
04-09-2003, 06:29 AM
I never even saw the Darktrooper!

I wasn;t that offended Uk Boy - it's a shame typing doesn't convey tone of voice! I really can't remember who had what tbh. There was just so much blue and gold everywhere it kind of blurred into one.

kdp100
04-09-2003, 06:58 AM
I'd always thought Spacetroopers were slightly harder to find & more costly than Dark Troopers - I never got any of the former, at any rate, since the cheapest I ever saw one was about £30.

I'm amazed the TRU Vader/Kenobi pairs sold out so quickly - it's not as if they'renew out or anything! :sur:

HARDY
04-09-2003, 12:45 PM
i know its nuts i couldnt belive they only had one either.......by the way i have the space trooper again i got it from toys r us when it came out for about a fiver...thanks guys for your comments

HARDY
04-09-2003, 12:47 PM
emperors hand i cant belive you paid 70 squids for the dark trooper crazy man!!!!!

odb
04-09-2003, 03:36 PM
I thought both the Spacetrooper and the Dark Trooper were rereleased by the Fan Club in the US. Which means the price came down, I saw them for £20 a pop a couple of years back on a dealers stall at a toy fair.

I did get both though for £15 a couple of years back:D The only time I saw them in stores were ones I saw were loose ones in A Toys R'US Display.

HARDY
04-09-2003, 04:12 PM
oh yeah i remember that display it was the expanded universe display case i asked the store if they would sell it to me...but no no way they said i bet it ended up round the back in a skip anyway those toys r us people are soo bloody tight!!!!

Emperors_Hand_2211
04-10-2003, 03:47 AM
It was part of tru's collectors crap about a year before ep1. They basically sold the EU waves and POTF2 waves around at the time (roughly the death star gunner and pote snitkin waves). In addition they had a small number of AT-ATs, which is where I got mine, some of the cinema scenes available at the time (Jabba's Dancers and Mynock Hunt), the Rancor and the Bantha.
The figures sold at £9.99, which was absolutely obscene, given that 6 years on rrp is four pound less than that. The AT-AT was £100, rancor and bantha were similarly costly.
Surprisingly the promotion was less than a success, hmmm wonder why.
I agree £70 was a little much, but at the time that was the going rate, I had the money and it was the only figure I needed to bring me up to date. About a year later they were down to 30-50, now you can pick them up for 20 or less, though only on e-bay, I haven't seen dealers with any for about a year and a half.
I wish I needed only one figure to bring me up to date now, but a degree, a house and an ongoing PhD have reduced my expendable income quite considerably over the last 6 years. Still there's always b'day and xmas.

kdp100
04-10-2003, 02:27 PM
SC Anakin's hitting the shelves. I saw 3 on the pegs at Forbidden Planet (London) around 6pm this evening, £7.99 apiece.

They've still got plenty of Carkoon Boba's which, strangely, don't seem to be shifting) and have put out some more R2s etc.

Still no sign of the speeders, though.

kdp100
04-19-2003, 01:45 PM
The same outlet today had the repackaged Eeth Koth & Teebo, along with several Imperial Officers (small-headed, dark-haired variant) & the new Mace Windu.

Lewis
04-20-2003, 05:11 AM
I had a walk into my local (ish) Toysrus and proudly on sale were 2 Power of the Jedi figures....Rebel Trooper and Zutton, to which i did not have, and put them proudly in my basket, they were £5.99 each and had plenty, so where have these little buggers been hiding? Anyone know!! and is there plenty more out there? :p

kdp100
04-20-2003, 08:16 AM
They've probably been lurking forgotten in a box somewhere back in the storeroom.
My local TRU *still* has a couple of flashback ceremonial Leias that they can't shift, even at the knock-down price of 96p.

HARDY
04-21-2003, 06:05 PM
was it just me though or did i never see any potj figs ever in toy r us the only one i saw them in was when i went to canada???

HARDY
04-21-2003, 08:47 PM
oh ma god hold back the cigars boys i just got myself a grreeeat deal .....although i had most of these already but i got AOTC SUPER BATTLE DROID WITH EXPLODING BATTLE DAMAGE.....AOTC JANGO FETT KAMINO ESCAPE WITH MISSILE FIRING JETPACK.....AOTC JANGO FETT FINAL BATTLE WITH FIRING GAUNTLET...AOTC CLONE TROOPER WITH FIRING TRIPOD CANNON....AOTC DELUXE CLONE TROOPER WITH SPEEDER BIKE... AOTC SNEAK PREVEIW CLONE TROOPER... POTJ R4-M9 WITH IMPERIAL MOUSE DROID... EPISODE 1 R2-D2 WITH BONUS BATTLE DROID...EPISODE 1 C-3P0 WITH COMMTALK CHIP...ALL THE ABOVE ITEMS ARE MINT AND BOXED...ALSO EPISODE 1 TATOOINE ACCESSORY SET INCLUDES QUI- GON JINNS PONCHO, 2 BLASTERS, WATTOS DATAPAD, BACK PACK, PULL BACK CLOCKWORK DROID, THE BOX IS DAMAGED BUT THE ITEMS INSIDE ARE SEALED AND MINT....ALSO AOTC DELUXE JANGO FETT WITH ELECTRONIC BACK PACK AND ARMOUR UNBOXED COMPLETE AND MINT...EPISODE 1 DARTH MAUL DARK MAUL WITH COMMTALK CHIP UNBOXED COMPLETE plus comm tech storm trooper and mib stormtrooperbuilder set all for the grand sum of 34 pounds was this a great deal or what..........I LOVE EBAY yeee haaa hehehe no seriously what do u guys think good deal????

gibbspaulus
04-23-2003, 10:22 AM
Hardy - good dealif you didn't already have them!

I just scored from TK Maxx

Saga Action FLeet X-Wing £5
Saga Action FLeet Darth's TIE Fighter £5
Deluxe Jango £4

and

POTF2 Death Star Escape playset for a fiver.

I've squeaked about it all over the net this afternoon but it's doing my head in. Where have they been keeping it? Why put it out now?

HARDY
04-23-2003, 11:36 AM
which tk maxx gibb?? i didnt even know they did star wars stuff in there!!!!!

gibbspaulus
04-23-2003, 02:29 PM
My local is Romford, but they're'll over the East End and Essex. I don't know if they have a webpage though, maybe you could check there.

They do clothes, household, and toys - depends on your local store though.

kdp100
06-03-2003, 08:51 AM
London Forbidden Planet are up to speed - I've just found both the Youngling sets on their pegs, along with Hoth Han (blue coat), Mynock Chewie, Spider Droid, and Kamino Deluxe Obi-Wan & Jango.

The latest set of basic figures are slightly cheaper at FP than other recent waves, although they're STILL trying to sell Shaak Ti for £12.99 - even though my local TRU has got her on clearance for £10 less! Barmy.

Anyway, they've also had a delivery of old POTF2 deluxe figures - Gunner Station Vader, Hoth Rebel with Cannon & Probe Droid are all around £4.99.

seth_quinn
06-05-2003, 01:42 PM
well it isn't in the UK and it isn't quite as tangible as a figure in your hand, but it could be. I invite all of you, and Hardy in particular as a future Canadain resident, to check out this thread: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19677

btw jek porky 2002 - I've so meant to reply to your last post in the premiership thread but there's so many threads to read/reply to & only so many hours in a day, and I just keep forgetting to come back to that one. I didn't read all of it, but I did come across your Canadains thread from a while back. I have a bit of a fascination with the UK and it looks like you may with Canada. interesting. feel free to pm me and we can chat.

sq

Jargo
07-07-2003, 06:38 PM
I have found nothing at all since the early part of this year. possibly april. I've pretty much given up. I'll be ordering a bundle from R2DTOYS and from Toy Palace sometime next month but that's it for the year really. Nothing at retail whatsoever. Pathetic.

Emperors_Hand_2211
07-09-2003, 02:44 AM
Nostalgia & Comics in B'ham, which is part of fps, is basically staying up to date. Newest figures come in at between 6.99 and 8.99 depending on packing numbers and estimated popularity. Some of the older ones are down to 3.99 now.

kdp100
07-10-2003, 12:04 PM
London Forbidden Planet had a delivery of the first 2 Clone Wars builder sets today (Droideka Launcher, 3-droid assortment & Clone Troopers), but at ridiculously high prices (up to £18.99).
The troopers were all plain white.

Jargo
07-10-2003, 12:31 PM
That's scandalous! :mad: I'd rather deep fry my gonads than spend that much on unarticulated figures.

kdp100
07-10-2003, 05:22 PM
My thoughts exactly. Now I know why I haven't been to any BBQs this year yet.

If I ever see a set with the yellow clone commander I'll probably pick it up, but hopefully not at those sort of prices!

I think the droid 3-set looked the best of this bunch, to be honest. At least they are articulated, I'm told.

ironfist
07-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Hi, I'm a star wars collector from Spain and I'm going to spend 5 days the next week in london. I've been checking different stores and forums, and all of you say that R2dToys is the best; when I was reading the past messages I realised that you said the store has been closed; is this real? Is it closed now? or could I visit the R2DToys Shop an purchase my SW items?

If this shop is closed...which are the best stores with SW merchandising in London? I know Forbidden Planet, some TRU's... Could anybody help me? Maybe Hamleys?
Thanks.

kdp100
07-13-2003, 06:04 PM
Hi, I'm a star wars collector from Spain and I'm going to spend 5 days the next week in london. I've been checking different stores and forums, and all of you say that R2dToys is the best; when I was reading the past messages I realised that you said the store has been closed; is this real? Is it closed now? or could I visit the R2DToys Shop an purchase my SW items?

If this shop is closed...which are the best stores with SW merchandising in London? I know Forbidden Planet, some TRU's... Could anybody help me? Maybe Hamleys?
Thanks.

Hi Ironfist, hope you enjoy your trip to London.

Forbidden Planet on New Oxford St (Tube - Tottenham Court Road) is a good place to window-shop, as it has quite a wide selection of new and older stock. It can be quite expensive, though.

Hamley's has quite a reasonable selection of 2003 figures at the moment, though their stock is small, not *quite* up-to-date, and situated on the top floor furthest from the lift.

There are a couple of smaller shops, such as the Hollywood Store on St Martin's Lane opposite Stringfellow's nightclub (Tube - Leicester Square), but they don't seem to have had any new deliveries for MONTHS.

Hope this helps!

ironfist
07-14-2003, 03:43 AM
Sure! You've helped me. I'll take a look at these stores. And what could you tell me about toys R' us? I'have been checking the website and I think there's TRU a very close to the centre of the town, on Old Kent Road, so I could try it. How is their stuff? And the prices? Thanks for your help.

kdp100
07-14-2003, 05:06 AM
And what could you tell me about toys R' us? I'have been checking the website and I think there's TRU a very close to the centre of the town, on Old Kent Road, so I could try it. How is their stuff? And the prices?

I've never been to that branch of TRU, but the ones I *have* been to have been quite slow to stock the 2003 waves. However, the TRU chain seems to be having a sale of 2002 Saga at the moment, so you should be able to pick up standard figures for around £2.99 each.

Jargo
07-21-2003, 08:46 PM
My thoughts exactly. Now I know why I haven't been to any BBQs this year yet.

If I ever see a set with the yellow clone commander I'll probably pick it up, but hopefully not at those sort of prices!

I think the droid 3-set looked the best of this bunch, to be honest. At least they are articulated, I'm told.I'll be buying the white and the yellow clonetrrooper 3-packs and the jedi one but the droids don't do much for me. I'll buy the rolled up droideka set though. But what I'm really looking forward to is the screen scenes but John at R2's has the pre-release sets at £25 which is way too far out of my budget so I'll wait for someone to get those in at a reasonable price I think. Over all there isn't that much i want right now. All the good stuff seems to be coming late this year in time for xmas.

kdp100
07-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Well, the green A-Wing has arrived at TRU! I dropped into the London Brent X branch last night and there were two of them on the shelves.
I didn't see a price-tag . . . but then I wasn't looking too hard, as I've already ordered mine from R2DToys so it's on its way.

As far as clone sets go, I might get one or two of each of the yellow and blue sets, but the poses on the green and red ones put me off somewhat.
I'd really like to see an army-builder set (similar to the Sandtroopers) of clone troopers based on the original red Saga clone - in yellow, blue, green, and plain white colours.

kdp100
07-28-2003, 08:30 AM
Latest wave has arrived at FP - Vader, Leia, 3PO and Padme.

Passed on the first three and I've already got Padme on order....

Devo
08-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Found at Forbidden Planet Dublin....clone wars AAT, jedi starfighter, droideka launcher with rolled up destroyer droid,saga Coleman trebor, Wat Tambor, padme wedding dress, Vader throne room, Han solo, Princess Leia...and ****loads of Imperial Dogfight TIE fighters. If anyone's in the area.

kdp100
08-22-2003, 12:06 PM
Last night at Brent X TRU:
Various Saga 2003 from Acklay Obi-Wan to Wat Tambor & Coleman Trebor - £2.99

Today at Forbidden Planet:
Clone Wars Jedi 3-pack & Jedi Starfighter (among others).

Emperors_Hand_2211
09-02-2003, 03:43 AM
TRU in B'ham have half price on all SW figures at the moment. Last night I picked up Barriss Offee, Colleman Trebor, Anakin secret ceremony and Bobba Fett pitt of carkoon at 2.99 each (bargain I say). They also had Wat Tambor, Han hoth, aklay obi wan, genoshian escape tyrannus, yoda in hover chair, the Jedi analysis droids and the kamino PM, whose name escapes me at the moment. Mixed in with these were a massive swath of peg warming crap, but at least they seem to be getting new stock and are having the decency to put it out with the old stuff.
Also had mounds of Yoda and Mace lightsabers for those who are into that.

Okay just read the message above so guess that post was kind of redundant.

kdp100
09-12-2003, 05:30 AM
The Clone Wars Gunship repaint has hit the shelves of Brent X TRU, although I couldn't see the price-tag anywhere. Considering that the new TIE Fighter is going for £29.99 (even more than at Forbidden Planet!), I'd be surprised if it costs less than £45...

Looks like the word has got out on this site and others about the new figures going for half-price - the pegs of figures were even less impressive than usual, with nothing newer than the Analysis Droids.

kdp100
09-19-2003, 05:16 AM
The same retailer has received a case of ARC Troopers.
I picked up two of this figure last night and there were about 8 left, costing £6.99.

In spite of its critics, I think this is a very fine figure, like a cross between Jango, a sandtrooper & a snowtrooper.
It's possible to remove its pauldron, skirt and rangefinder (be VERY careful not to lose this last bit!) to make the figure resemble a blue clone lieutenant, and the neutral stance and eight points of articulation (plus ball-jointed shoulders) makes it the best clone released so far, IMHO. :)

Devo
10-01-2003, 03:52 PM
Forbidden Planet Dublin,

ARC trooper, Clone wars Anakin, clone wars yoda, droid 3 pack, clone trooper 3 pack(plain white), repainted gunship. 3 packs were Euro 16.50 each and the gunship was Euro 72 something. Also the Hoth 4 pack at euro 54.50.

kdp100
10-06-2003, 12:53 PM
I dropped into Forbidden Planet's *new* London store (Bloomsbury end of Shaftsbury Ave) today and saw Dannl Faytonni, silver Boba Fett (£14.99) & the Geonosian Fighter (£31.99).
Had to laugh at the price of the last item, I've just ordered two online from R2DToys for a COMBINED total of £46!

They've also had the Screen Scenes and Anakin's & Dooku's swoop bikes since they moved premises.

odb
10-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Checked out the new Forbidden Planet Megastore today in London (the Shaftesbury Avenue one).

Quite a wide range, all the new Saga ships, A-wing, Tie Fighter, Command Gunship, Genosian Fighter, Jedi Starfighter and Droid Federation tank all from £30 upwards. Not too bad for Saga figures Snowtrooper, Silver Boba Fett, Padme and Luke. Some Clone Wars too, Yoda, Arc Trooper and Anakin and £8.99. Although they had Clone Pilots at £20 a piece :confused:

Hamleys was a pleasant surprise though. They had Clone Wars Yoda and Anakin as well as several Clonetrooper and Droid multipacks for about a £10. Plus quite a few recent Saga figures as well, Wat and Tremor. They even had a couple of Clone War gunships and AATs.

The Hollywood store (the one near Stringfellows) was pretty pathetic though, old figures at £13 a pop.

kdp100
10-11-2003, 08:00 AM
Although they had Clone Pilots at £20 a piece

I think someone's been switching the labels around - that same handful of Clone Pilots has been warming the pegs at FP for months, at the lower (but still excessive) price of £10.99.

Emperors_Hand_2211
10-14-2003, 03:54 AM
Nostalgia + Comics in B'ham still keeping up to date. Army packs (Jedi/clones/droids) all at 8.99, which is a pretty good price really. The bounty hunter/imperial/hoth multipacks at 27ish, which seems the going rate. New figures from 3.99 to 6.99 depending on whether Toys'r'Us is alsop stocking them.
I'm quite happy with this shop at the moment. They remain competetive with R2Dtoys for day to day things, although they can't compete on larger items like the gunships etc.

Imperial_Outpost
10-16-2003, 01:10 PM
Do you guys not find Forbidden Planet prices to be a complete rip-off? If anyone knows anywhere else in the NE of england to buy SW stuff, please let me know, because I refuse to go to FP and that only leaves Ebay... :(

kdp100
10-16-2003, 01:53 PM
Do you guys not find Forbidden Planet prices to be a complete rip-off? If anyone knows anywhere else in the NE of england to buy SW stuff, please let me know, because I refuse to go to FP and that only leaves Ebay... :(

Yes, they are expensive, although they do tend to get new stock promptly and on a regular basis. (HUGE delivery this week of Faytonni/WA-7/Palpatine wave!)
However, for an item whose price is just a couple of pounds higher than elsewhere, it is sometimes worth my while shelling-out to avoid paying postage/shipping, and having the item in-hand straightaway is a bonus, too.

Also, they're the easiest high street retailer to visit in my lunch hour! ;)

Emperors_Hand_2211
10-17-2003, 03:05 AM
I'm feeling more and more lucky to have nostalgia and comics on my doorstep. They to0 have the Faytonni/WA-7/Palpatine wave in. Faytonni and Palpatine at 6.99 (which i guess is RRP) WA-7 at a pretty incredible 3.99.
I think one of the guys who works there must make a weekly run up the road to toys'r'us and they reduce anything that TRU have in stock to be competitive.
Works for me.

kdp100
10-18-2003, 08:46 AM
Woohoo!

Just got back from the London Expo (www.londonexpo.com) in the docklands, where I managed to pick up:

Anakin's Starfighter (£23);
Bail Organa, Janus Greejatus, Elean Sleazebaggano, Tatooine Padme, Concept Stormtrooper, Ayy Vida & Asajj Ventress (£8 each);
All three Clone Wars multi-packs for £10 each.

I passed on Durge (already got biker version), Mace and Obi-Wan from the Clone Wars line, and thesame goes for the Outlander Club Kenobi.

The event is open until 5pm today and again tomorrow.
Take your chequebooks if you want to buy much, since not all dealers take card-payments and I was warned that the cashpoints there tend to empty quickly!

I heard a couple of stallholders discussing how few of "the usual dealers" were present: it did seem that, apart from the couple of stalls that were selling brand new stuff, there were fewer SW sellers than there were at Memorabilia a couple of weeks ago.

Turbowars
10-19-2003, 12:18 AM
Woohoo!

Just got back from the London Expo (www.londonexpo.com (http://www.londonexpo.com/)) in the docklands, where I managed to pick up:

Bail Organa, Janus Greejatus, Elean Sleazebaggano, Tatooine Padme, Concept Stormtrooper, Ayy Vida & Asajj Ventress (£8 each);

I passed on Durge (already got biker version), Mace and Obi-Wan from the Clone Wars line, and thesame goes for the Outlander Club Kenobi.

Take your chequebooks if you want to buy much, since not all dealers take card-payments and I was warned that the cashpoints there tend to empty quickly!

I heard a couple of stallholders discussing how few of "the usual dealers" were present: it did seem that, apart from the couple of stalls that were selling brand new stuff, there were fewer SW sellers than there were at Memorabilia a couple of weeks ago.Did you open the Concept Stormy? I would love to hear a review for this bad boy.

kdp100
10-20-2003, 05:30 AM
Did you open the Concept Stormy? I would love to hear a review for this bad boy.

Certainly did! I'm away from home (and toys!) for a couple of days, but I'll knock something up and edit this post when I get back.....

odb
10-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Woohoo!

Just got back from the London Expo (www.londonexpo.com) in the docklands, where I managed to pick up:

I heard a couple of stallholders discussing how few of "the usual dealers" were present: it did seem that, apart from the couple of stalls that were selling brand new stuff, there were fewer SW sellers than there were at Memorabilia a couple of weeks ago.

Damn!! I knew I should have gone :mad: :mad:

How much of the Expo Centre did it take up?

kdp100
10-22-2003, 07:39 AM
Damn!! I knew I should have gone :mad: :mad:

How much of the Expo Centre did it take up?

The event was held all in a large hangar the size of a sports-hall.
I think it was hall no. 4 out of 8.

Anyway, Concept Stormie -
Interesting figure, and doesn't look TOO out of place standing next to a squad of the finished product. Reminds me a bit of the Spacetrooper figure from a few years ago (although I never got one, so I can't confirm how similar they are).

Articulation - Neck, waist, both legs, ball-jointed shoulders, elbows & left wrist

Weapons - Lightsaber looks a bit odd but not too much so. Rifle fits nicely into holster at left hip, but neither of the two figures I bought can hold this weapon at all securely in either hand. This is the main weakness of this figure.

Shield - Despite the "PlayMobil" look, this item fits very nicely on the figure's left forearm and is surprisingly maneuverable. The only criticism here is that the "blaster-damage" is 3D (as if acid has been etched onto the plastic), which will make any attempts at army-building look a bit odd when all the shields bear identical damage.

Base - The figure stands quite happily on this blue-green base. 'Nuff said.

On the whole, I'm quite happy with this figure and it's a worthy addition to any collection of Imperial or EU figures. Loses marks for loose grasp of its weapons (esp. the blaster, as mentioned above), but interesting nonetheless.
Glad I was lucky enough to find it when I did! :)

kdp100
10-26-2003, 12:59 PM
FP London are now stocking the Hailfire Droid & the Hoth 4-pack (Luke's broken-horned Tauntaun variant).

If you're planning to buy both, don't expect much change out of £60... :rolleyes:

odb
01-15-2004, 05:12 PM
After my first Star Wars hunt for 3 months I bring you news from (a very wet) Central London. I didn't get to the Forbidden Planet Megastore (raining too hard) I did manage to get to the discount store where they had several POTJ Snowspeeder on sale for £14 a piece as well as Clone Wars Gunships for £25 plus the usual pegwarmers for £2.

Not much else to really report though.