PDA

View Full Version : Is Power Rangers to Old?

CloneTrooperMace
01-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Why is power rangers is showing?It's been like 20 different power rangers season's.Isn't it to old for T.V.?Tell me Why it ism't if you don't agree.

-Joey
AKA CloneTrooperMace

QLD
01-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Because that Pink Ranger was kind of cute.

JediTricks
01-12-2003, 05:04 AM
I thought this was the 11th incarnation.

Power Rangers is consistantly one of the top selling toy lines of the year even though it has a fairly low non-kid/collector market. The show is relatively cheap to produce and apparently sickeningly simple to write. The rotating cast means that there is less chance of alienating an upcoming generation. The Power Rangers brand name is also one that sits on the cusp of being overused but never actually crosses into that level of annoying societal attention that's reserved for Jar Jar Binks and the Macarena.

Eternal Padawan
01-12-2003, 09:09 AM
The show has gone downhill since a certain episode aired. That episode and every episode since bite. Well, I forget which episode it was, but it was the one that introduced the original five Rangers.

Basically, it's the kiddie show equivalent of fingerbikes. Or Nascar. Or pro wrestling.

Lord Malakite
01-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Power Ranger is going on its 11th. season here in America and on its 27th. season in Japan.

I doubt it will be going off the air any time soon either. It has a fairly wide audience base ranging from as early as 2 to as old as 40. Besides that, Disney bought the rights to Power Rangers from Fox and Saban. They are now filming the American parts of the show in New Zealand using the same production company that did Hercules and Xena. I doubt they will let it fail immediately after buying the rights to the show.

As for why the show is attractive, there are a few reasons I can think of.

First, the fight scenes are relatively similar to the fights found in the Japanese Godzilla movies. This draws in fans if you are into that sort of thing.

Second, while the acting and dialogue is toned down and lame jokes are added for smaller children, the show remains quite dark compared to most other kid shows on the air. A few examples of this on the show include, but are not limited to, racism [bio-engineering children in the future for perfection, then rejecting the imperfect as outcasts (mutants) only to have them go into a life of crime], jealousy [murdering two best friends out of rage, because of being secretly in love with one of them and feeling hurt that they got married and had a kid], and treachery [setting your boss up to me murdered in order to take his place].

Third, you have a new cast and story every season (since season 7), as JT suggested, so that there is less chance of alienating an upcoming generation from joining in. They will be able to know what is going on currently on the show without having to see the previous seasons to enjoy it. As for veteren fans, they have at least one team up episode for them to keep everything in the same universe (continuation).

Fourth, you have Amit Bhaumik writing for the show now. He was the former Power Rangers Online Archives webmaster (one of the biggest Ranger fan sites to exist). So more of the stories are based on what the fans have been wanting to see, especially in the team up episodes.

Finally, you have people like Quite-Long Dong watching because they think the female Rangers are hot. :rolleyes:

QLD
01-12-2003, 03:48 PM
I can't help it! They are, most of the time!

You think I watched those years of Beverly Hills 90210 and Saved By the Bell for the storylines???

:crazed:

Capitan_Moroni
01-17-2003, 05:27 PM
bah, its all about the zords (well, the old cool ones anyway), anyone remember when they had the Green Dragon zord and Tor the shuttle zord? those was cool times.... Not like the car zords they had for awhile or the stupid shogun zords..

LTBasker
01-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Basically, it's the kiddie show equivalent of fingerbikes. Or Nascar.

Oh yeah, you just know the guys who write the scripts for all the deaths of NASCAR are just rolling in the dough! Bad comparison.

I used to watch Power Rangers when I was younger, if you don't take it seriously it can be enjoyable to a point. As for the success, it's because they constantly have a theme for each new generation, instead of there being just one that they might not understand. Now lately you know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with the show moving from Japan to somewhere else and them incorporating CGI instead of guys in suits for the monsters and such. I have a feeling it won't be lasting much longer.

Lord Malakite
01-18-2003, 12:52 AM
Only the American footage of the show is being moved to New Zealand. The reason for this is because its cheaper to film over there than in California. The Japan footage for the battles will still be the same as it always has been.

The CGI is only being used for the zords, partically the ones that can't be played guys in suits (lion, tiger, etc.). The monsters are still guys in costumes.

Capitan_Moroni
01-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Are Lord Zed and Rita Repulsa still around? and how about Zordon and that robot that always said "aye yei yei"?

Lord Malakite
01-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Alpha 5 is presumed to be dead after the invasion of the planet Eltar and capture of Zordon at the end of season 5 and beginning of season 6. Alpha 6 (season 5) and Alpha 7 (season 10) were introduced to take his place.

This is from "Countdown to Destruction", the season finale of season 6, Captain_Moroni. This was the last season to follow the story line of all the previous seasons. After this (season 7 to current) they would start off new every season.

Dark Specter (a planet sized alien) sends the order for all the villains in the universe to begin their assault on the entire galaxy. Divatox, Rita, Zedd, Astronema, and the Machine Empire overtake the Alien Rangers, Gold Ranger, Blue Senturion, Phantom Ranger, and the Space Rangers, in furious battles throughout the universe on various inhabited planets. Tired of failing in the conquest of earth, they decide to just destroy the planet and build a nuclear missle strong enough to do so. However, Dark Specter is betrayed and destroyed by Darkonda when he fires the missle at him instead. Before dieing he finishes Darkonda off by swallowing his space craft. As a result of this, Astronema becomes the new monarch of evil. Andros sneaks aboard the Dark Fortress to try and make her good again (like before Dark Specter's evil implants), but ends up having to kill her in battle. He does find Zordon however, and by reluctantly breaking his tube on Zordon's own advice, kills him and releases a wave of energy that in turn destroys the evil forces attacking by reducing them to ash. That is with the exception of Zedd, Rita, Divatox, and Astronema, who were all once human before Dark Specter transformed them. They were revived and reverted back to their true forms due to the energy wave.

Capitan_Moroni
01-18-2003, 08:01 PM
wait, so the guy and lady down in the bottom left corner are Rita and Zedd in human form? messed....

Lord Malakite
01-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Yeah, thats them in the bottom corner.

James Boba Fettfield
01-18-2003, 11:14 PM
Wait....you mean to tell me Alpha 5 died? Malakite, why didn't you tell me this whenever you would discuss this show with me and I pretended to be listening?

Lord Malakite
01-18-2003, 11:31 PM
It is assumed to be so since he went with Zordon to Eltar and wasn't seen after the invasion. As for not telling you, its because I rarely discussed the show with you since I knew you don't care for it and you never asked what ever happened to him.

James Boba Fettfield
01-18-2003, 11:35 PM
Yes, that is a valid point. Anyway, that's cool he died. I can see the appeal now for this show. They have main characters die in it, which is good. I remember being younger and wanting to see like Splinter die.

Beast
01-18-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
I remember being younger and wanting to see like Splinter die.
Splinter....die? You wanted to see Splinter....die? :cry: :dead:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
01-18-2003, 11:49 PM
Maybe it was a bad example saying Splinter. I just always wanted to see some tragic things happen to the characters in my favorite shows instead of everyone living and being happy.

plasticfetish
01-19-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
Disney bought the rights to Power Rangers from Fox and Saban. They are now filming the American parts of the show in New Zealand using the same production company that did Hercules and Xena.

Wow! That is a cool bit of news. I've always dreaded the Saban element of the show and loved the "suitmation" stuff ... I've only watched it a few times lately, when does/did it switch over to the new production setup? Considering the history that the show has in Japan (Gorengers (http://www.japanforever.net/Jako1.jpg)) ... I've always hated that it's been perceived as schlocky and that it's so painfully re-worked for American audiences. I'll for sure be watching more now to see the changes!

Lord Malakite
01-19-2003, 06:05 AM
Disney bought the show just prior to last season, but they kept Saban's production team (MMPR Production) for that season. The new production team (the one that did Xena and Hercules) is working on the current upcoming season, whos season premiere is on February 15th.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
01-26-2003, 10:00 PM
After they killed off Zordon, Power Rangers just sucked!

Lord Malakite
01-27-2003, 02:03 AM
The show is still alright. They have some interesting storylines and plot twists.

CloneTrooperMace
01-28-2003, 07:52 PM
What over Lord Mal

JimJamBonds
11-29-2006, 10:57 AM
I agree that Power Rangers is past its prime... this little kitten should be put to sleep.

JEDIpartner
11-29-2006, 11:49 AM
I was wondering where "Old" was, since the Power Rangers were apparently heading there (in a rather improperly worded question). Then I realised that the question was "Is Power Rangers TOO Old" and, suddenly, I had no interest in this topic at all.

:)

El Chuxter
11-29-2006, 11:58 AM
I got the first volume of Power Rangers on DVD about a week ago. Very cool stuff. I wonder why they went from animation to live-action, and did they think "Power Rangers" was a more accessible name to American audiences than the original title, "Voltron"?

JimJamBonds
11-29-2006, 01:20 PM
MMPR are totally racist!

Pink Ranger = White female
Black Ranger = Black male
Yellow Ranger = Asian female?
White Ranger = White male

They also should no longer have the term Ranger in their title. To group those humps in with Rodgers Rangers from the French and Indian War to Darby's Rangers of WWII to the Rangers today in Iraq and Afganistan its a joke.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

El Chuxter
11-29-2006, 01:26 PM
The original Yellow Ranger in the US was an Asian female. However, in the action shots, which were taken from a Japanese show, the Yellow Ranger clearly sports a package.

JimJamBonds
11-29-2006, 01:36 PM
The original Yellow Ranger in the US was an Asian female. However, in the action shots, which were taken from a Japanese show, the Yellow Ranger clearly sports a package.

Uhhh why are you checking out that region?

El Chuxter
11-29-2006, 01:39 PM
I was actually told about it when the show first aired, and checked once when I was flipping through channels.

It's true. :eek:

Rogue II
11-29-2006, 01:42 PM
I've never seen an entire episode of Power Rangers. Aren't they just a cross between Voltron and old Godzilla movies?

JimJamBonds
11-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I was actually told about it when the show first aired, and checked once when I was flipping through channels.

It's true. :eek:

I'm not totally sure that helped. :p

El Chuxter
11-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Heh heh heh.

It came about when I was working at a TRU during the holiday season during the first year of Power Ranger mania. A co-worker and I were kinda making fun of the show one day -- he was older and had two sons who watched.

This is what he told me (fairly close to verbatim):

"First, you've got the Red and Blue Rangers. Two white guys, nothing special. They're pretty interchangeable, the Red Ranger is more hot-headed, and the Blue Ranger is more level-headed.

Then there's the Pink Ranger, total girl, pretty ridiculous running around with the little skirt and all.

The Black Ranger. Ho boy. The Black Ranger is a black guy. If that's not asking for trouble, I don't know what is.

The worst is the Yellow Ranger. She's an Asian girl, so you've got the same stereotype thing going as with the Black Ranger. But what's worse, it's obvious in the action scenes [we'd already made fun of how it was really clear they'd overdubbed Japanese action shots and interspersed scenes of American kids] that it's a dude! Not only is she dressed like the guys, where the Pink Ranger has her skirt and all that, but she has no bust, and she's got a bigger package than the guys! If you don't believe me, check it out!"

BTW, unrelated, but in one episode, Amy Jo "Pink Ranger" Johnson provides a bit of a "free shot." Nothing to write home about, but I'm sure it drove the pre-teen boys wild. :beard:

plasticfetish
11-29-2006, 04:09 PM
I wonder why they went from animation to live-action, and did they think "Power Rangers" was a more accessible name to American audiences than the original title, "Voltron"?Power Rangers, or "Goranger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goranger)" (full name "Himitsu Sentai Goranger" which translates to "Secret Squadron Five-Ranger") as they've been known in Japan since the mid '70s has always been a live action show, in the same spirit as Ultraman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraman), Kamen Rider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider) and other Super Sentai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sentai) shows.

Voltron (known as "Golion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golion)" in Japan) is another show... an animated series (as you know), that much like Power Rangers, was dubbed and re-edited for the US market.

El Chuxter
11-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah, it was a joke, since (to Americans, at least) Power Rangers feels like a total knockoff of Voltron. :p

plasticfetish
11-29-2006, 04:26 PM
You've seen one giant robot, you've seen 'em all...

2-1B
11-29-2006, 08:30 PM
one of the dumbest shows ever aired. I can't believe it took me almost 4 years to post this.

JimJamBonds
11-30-2006, 01:22 AM
You've seen one giant robot, you've seen 'em all...

What's up Transformers?

2-1B
11-30-2006, 06:55 AM
What's up Voltron?

Phantom-like Menace
11-30-2006, 11:58 PM
What's up Mega Maid?

Lord Malakite
12-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Power Rangers, or "Goranger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goranger)" (full name "Himitsu Sentai Goranger" which translates to "Secret Squadron Five-Ranger") as they've been known in Japan since the mid '70s has always been a live action show, in the same spirit as Ultraman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraman), Kamen Rider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider) and other Super Sentai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sentai) shows.

Voltron (known as "Golion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golion)" in Japan) is another show... an animated series (as you know), that much like Power Rangers, was dubbed and re-edited for the US market.
Power Rangers is based on a majority of the Super Sentai shows in general, but one of the Sentai shows Power Rangers never used was Goranger (Goranger had come and gone long before that).

The first Super Sentai show used for Power Rangers was Zyuranger (Season 1), followed by Dairanger (Season 2), Kakuranger (Season 3), Ohranger (Season 4), CarRanger (Season 5), Megaranger (Season 6), Gingaman (Season 7), GoGo-V (Season 8), Timeranger (Season 9), Gaoranger (Season 10), Hurricanger (Season 11), Abaranger (Season 12), Dekaranger (Season 13), and Magiranger (Season 14). In February Season 15 will start and it will use Boukenger footage.

Yeah, it was a joke, since (to Americans, at least) Power Rangers feels like a total knockoff of Voltron. :p
In Japan it is the other way around. Sentai came out before Golion.

plasticfetish
12-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Power Rangers is based on a majority of the Super Sentai shows in general, but one of the Sentai shows Power Rangers never used was Goranger (Goranger had come and gone long before that).Ouch! I've been out-nerded ;) ...and you're completely correct.

I tend to (wrongly) refer to all live action Japanese superhero shows as Super Sentai ("superhero team"), and just the same, I tend to refer to just about all of the Ranger based shows as "GoRanger," which isn't really correct either. (Suppose I'm too lazy to actually learn the names of all... what... 31 different shows?)

Anyway, yeah, the real point was that the "Power Rangers" idea has been around for a long time. Love it or leave it... it has a history that goes well beyond what Saban did to the series.

Lord Malakite
12-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Ouch! I've been out-nerded ;) ...and you're completely correct.
If there is one thing I know anything about besides Star Wars and video games it would have to be Power Rangers.:D

Speaking of which, Rita Repulsa appears for the first time since her Season 6 transformation in the finale of Season 14.:shocked:

El Chuxter
12-02-2006, 09:44 AM
I hated Power Rangers so much, I was at a 'Con, and the artist who was drawing Power Rangers #1 (or supposed to be, as the series switched, and they brought on a fill-in artist at the last minute) was there. Al Bigley. Cool guy, cool artist, but sadly destined to be one of those talented fellows who languishes in the shadow of Liefelds.

I got him to draw me a picture of Rita Repulsa holding the severed head of the Green Ranger. It was freaking cool.

I am not making this up. He said it was the first such request he'd ever received. :)

bobafrett
12-02-2006, 05:37 PM
My son liked this show..........13 years ago. I hate the stupid figures clogging up the shelves.

plasticfetish
12-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Some of the stuff is cool... it's just that there's so much of it, and it changes so often (unlike other toy lines... cough, cough... Transformers... cough, cough) that it's hard to keep track of what's going on.

I did like the Time Ranger stuff from a while back, and the "Space" stuff. Those were really fun.

What's up with the show now anyway? I have no idea what network it's on and never see it listed.

Lord Malakite
12-04-2006, 10:33 PM
It is on during Toon Disney's "Jetix" timeslot and ABC's "ABC Kids" timeslot. It also was on ABC Family's "Jetix" timeslot until just recently (when ABC Family decided to get rid of their kids show timeslot entirely).

In my position it kind of sucks too. Toon Disney is one of those channels not everyone gets even with satelite or cable. At least with ABC Family you were guaranteed to see it with basic cable.

Not that that helps me any. I don't even have cable here at home like I did while I was still in college. I have to rely on ABC and with ABC you are entirely at the mercy of the local affiliate's descretion due to Power Rangers' non "E/I" status. Some show it at its correct time at noon, others move it to 3 A.M., some show it on Sunday instead of Saturday, and some don't show it at all (in favor for local news or infomercials). I have to get up at 5:30 A.M. just so I can catch it 6.:p

DarthQuack
09-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I just saw an act on America's Got Talent do a Power Rangers song and dance!!! LM you have to check it out and let me know what you think!! :love:

DarkArtist
10-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Because that Pink Ranger was kind of cute.

gotta agree with you there... had a huge crush on Amy Jo Johnson

Lord Malakite
10-03-2009, 03:40 AM
gotta agree with you there... had a huge crush on Amy Jo Johnson
Soon you'll be able to have all the Amy Jo Johnson you want. Starting January 2010, after Power Rangers RPM (the 17th/presumed final season) finishes up on December 26th (at exactly episode 700), Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (seasons 1 through 3) will be back on the air. They won't be entirely the way you remember them though. Disney is giving them the "Re-master" treatment, like CBS did to Star Trek: The Original Series in 2006.

DarthQuack
03-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Small DVD bump for LM.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Power-Rangers-RPM-Volumes-3-and-4/13424

:love:

Lord Malakite
03-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Already saw the story. Bad enough Buena Vista doesn't release season sets. Now you are even hard pressed to get them to release volumes.:(

Thats it! First "CollectionStation" exclusive on my agenda for Steve to get the rights to sell, a "Power Rangers: The Complete Series" DVD Boxset.

All 700 episodes in their original unedited/uncut form.
All 32+ episodes in this new "reversioned" form they are currently airing on TV, however many episodes they do end up reversioning.
Both pilots in their unedited/unaired forms
Every "made-for-TV" special & the "Its Coming!" Zeo previews. This includes the "MMPR: The Movie-Secrets Revealed" special with the "Uh oh, we're in trouble" music video starring Alpha 5 (both whose rights may not belong to Buena Vista).
Every "direct-to-video" special & every previously made "DVD featurette". This includes the VHS filmed copy of the "Live Stage Show" and the Power Ranger "Fan Club exclusive" video.
Finally, get as many of the TV public service messages & commercials, both for the TV show and for the toys/merchandise, to be included.

Only thing that would potentially be missing (and I'd be fine with not being there) would be the two theatrical movies themselves (with their 5 minute featurettes and the movie trailers). They would only be missing because 20th Century Fox has the rights to those, not Buena Vista. And I'd be fine with them missing as both have already been released on DVD by 20th Century Fox.

Lord Malakite
12-02-2010, 01:52 PM
The theme for the next season of Super Sentai (the Japanese show that Power Rangers gets its costumes and footage from) has been announced. Looks like a pirate themed Power Rangers may be in the near future of the show if they can hold out a season or two past the upcoming Samurai season. :Pirate: :thumbsup:

Slicker
12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow.

*scrape, scrape* What's that sound? Oh, it's the bottom of the barrel being scraped...

JediTricks
12-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow.

*scrape, scrape* What's that sound? Oh, it's the bottom of the barrel being scraped...
No, that comes in 2 years when the theme is Hasedic Rabbis.

Slicker
12-02-2010, 07:35 PM
I just got this picture of the normal power rangers wearing the fedora style hat and having the sideburns (I'm sorry but I can't recall the name) hanging from under it. lol

TeeEye7
12-03-2010, 04:14 AM
No, that comes in 2 years when the theme is Hasedic Rabbis.

This in honor of Hannukah, I take it........

JediTricks
12-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I just got this picture of the normal power rangers wearing the fedora style hat and having the sideburns (I'm sorry but I can't recall the name) hanging from under it. lolPeyos, and yes, that's exactly what I was thinking as well. For a moment, I considered photoshopping it up, but I am tired from this cold kicking my butt, so I wussed out and assumed you guys would see it anyway. Peyos (the sideburns), tzitzits (the tassels worn often at the waist), and borsalino fedoras for the armor theme, and the zords could be golems! Oy vey what an idea that would be!

This in honor of Hannukah, I take it........
Um... yes, I am a devious, Machiavellian genius who put those together, and was in no way caught off guard by the timing of it. :p (I wish it had been on purpose, then I'd feel like a total webpimp! It just seemed like the bottomest of the bottom-barrel-scrapings when I read Slicker's first comment.)

Beast
12-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Brilliant. We need to take it further.

Let's take a page from South Park and give them Moses ala the MCP as their wise mentor.

And of course the morphers have to be Star of David necklaces. It only makes sense.

"Oy Vey, It's Morphin' Time!"

And when the Power Rangers need to go into Space, the Spaceship can be a giant Menorah.

God, look what you started JT. I am going to burn in hell for this now. :p

DarthQuack
03-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Paging Mala!!! :)

Shout acquires rights to release Mighty Morphin Power Rangers on DVD!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-DVDs-Planned/16646

The secret is out thanks toHome Media Magazine'sstory (http://www.homemediamagazine.com/tv-dvd/shout-factory-distribute-power-rangers-other-saban-titles-26645), so we can say at last that Shout! Factory has signed the deal to distribute DVDs (and Blu-rays, if they wish, although that's not initially expected) from Saban Capital Group's Saban Brands division. That includes the Haim Saban-created seriesPower Rangers, including all incarnations of the show from 1993 to 2009:

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Power Rangers Zeo
Power Rangers Turbo
Power Rangers in Space
Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue
Power Rangers Time Force
Power Rangers Wild Force
Power Rangers Ninja Storm
Power Rangers Dino Thunder
Power Rangers S.P.D.
Power Rangers Mystic Force
Power Rangers Operation Overdrive
Power Rangers Jungle Fury
Power Rangers RPM
The deal reportedly does NOT include the current incarnation of the show,Power Rangers Samurai, nor does it include the theatrical films spun off from the program (Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The MovieandTurbo: A Power Rangers Movie, whose rights have been retained all alongby Fox Home Entertainment (http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=pe_37760_16557250_pe_prehead/?node=130&tag=tvshowsondvdcom&sort=releasedate&hidden-keywords=B0000A14T9|B00009WVSM)).

However, the deal DOES include other Saban programs, includingBig Bad Beetleborgs(a.k.a.Beetleborgs Metallix),V.R. Troopers, and the short-lived live-action showNinja Turtles: The Next Mutation. TheHMMstory by John Latchem reports that the "Initial rollout plans for the Saban are slated to begin insummer 2012, according to Shout! Factory, with single-season sets to start and potentially complete-series sets in the future."

Taken from:http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-DVDs-Planned/16646#ixzz1ousqUqD0

Lord Malakite
03-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Excellent. Not shocked by the movie news, but it doesn't matter as Fox has already put those out on DVD. Just hope they release complete sets for all 17 of those seasons, that they also put out the MMPR re-version (for completeness sake) and include also all of the pre-Zeo shorts, direct to video specials & television specials.

DarthQuack
03-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Will you come back to AIM already Mala? :)

Beast
03-13-2012, 03:10 AM
Will you come back to AIM already Mala? :)
Yeah, we miss the Mala.

JediTricks
03-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Shout! Factory has treated their other projects really well, they repaired the damage Rhino did to Transformers for example, so I think they'll be good with MMPR.

Lord Malakite
03-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Shout! Factory has treated their other projects really well, they repaired the damage Rhino did to Transformers for example, so I think they'll be good with MMPR.
I'm certain they will treat it good as well. But there is a lot of ground to cover. Excluding the 40 episodes/3 specials that make up the Samurai/Super Samurai seasons (not mentioned as part of this deal) and the two theatrical movies (which don't matter as they are out on DVD by 20th Century Fox) we are still talking about 700 episodes (732 episodes if you throw the re-version season in the mix). Then there are 7 official direct-to-video specials and 1 unofficial direct-to video special (if you throw in that Spin Master's DVD that came with "Power Ranger themed" role-play boxing set) they did. Add to that 5 television specials, 2 unaired pilots and the handful of Zeo "preview" shorts.

The "MMPR: The Movie - Secrets Revealed" television special is probably the one thing that has got me the most concerned of being excluded out the bunch. Seems kind of a grey area to me with the theatrical movies being owned by Fox. The special gives a behind the scenes look at the making of the first theatrical movie.

JediTricks
03-16-2012, 03:42 PM
You should go to SDCC or another con they'll be at this year and talk to them about it, this would be the right time. They take fan input pretty seriously.

DarthQuack
03-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Mala, stop ignoring us, and give us answers to your whereabouts!!

Lord Malakite
03-22-2012, 05:28 AM
Well, we now know why Shout! Factory didn't get Samurai/Super Samurai. Those seasons (and presumably all future seasons that may follow) will be handled by Lionsgate Entertainment (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Power-Rangers-Samurai-Volumes-1-and-2/16690). Its still too early to get up in arms yet, but the sad thing is they seem to going the crappy Disney/Buena Vista route by releasing 4 episode "volumes" as opposed to actual Season sets. :(

DarthQuack
03-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Mala stop ignoring us.

Lord Malakite
05-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Shout Factory! really hit a home-run (http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/16925) right out of the gate on this one. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 1 Volume 1 is up for pre-order on Amazon and Shout Factory's website right now, expected release being August 21st. MMPR Season 1 Volume 2 is expected sometime in the fall. In addition, they are teaming up with Time Life and are releasing two massive online exclusive boxsets starting July 30th. One is just for MMPR (Season 1 through Season 3 and the Mighty Morphin Alien Ranger mini-series). The other is for a 40 disc Power Rangers "Seasons 1 through 7" set (MMPR S1-S3, MMAR, Zeo, Turbo, In Space and Lost Galaxy). :disillusionment: :triumphant:

Beast
05-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Shout Factory! really hit a home-run (http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/16925) right out of the gate on this one. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 1 Volume 1 is up for pre-order on Amazon and Shout Factory's website right now, expected release being August 21st. MMPR Season 1 Volume 2 is expected sometime in the fall. In addition, they are teaming up with Time Life and are releasing two massive online exclusive boxsets starting July 30th. One is just for MMPR (Season 1 through Season 3 and the Mighty Morphin Alien Ranger mini-series). The other is for a 40 disc Power Rangers "Seasons 1 through 7" set (MMPR S1-S3, MMAR, Zeo, Turbo, In Space and Lost Galaxy). :disillusionment: :triumphant:
Yeah, and wait til you see how much it's going to cost. Get ready to sell a kidney.

Lord Malakite
05-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Yeah, and wait til you see how much it's going to cost. Get ready to sell a kidney.
It doesn't have to be my kidney or in well condition does it? Because if not I'm certain Tycho will let me sell off his old pair. :playful:

DarthQuack
06-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Here you go!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/17042

Your favorite childhood show has morphenomenal action, adventure, and meaningful lessons for both original and young fans. Now you can relive these action-packed adventures and share them with the next generation when we unleash the ORIGINAL POWER RANGERS on DVD for the very first time! Plus, you'll get exclusive in-depth bonus content, including a retrospective featurette on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers phenomenon, brand new interviews with the cast and creative teams, and much, much more!

Emphasizing the importance of teamwork, fitness, responsibility and helping others, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers follows the thrilling and humorous adventures of ordinary teens who "morph" into extraordinary superheroes over the course of three seasons. The adventures continue with Power Rangers Zeo, as the team takes on a new member, new zords, and meets new challenges and enemies. Then shift into Power Rangers Turbo, with the fastest team yet! Next, "Let's Rocket!" as we blast off for Power Rangers In Space; then we'll "Go Galactic!" as we join a new team in unexplored territory with Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. Order your own incredible POWER RANGERS box set today!

A few hours ago today, TimeLife.com beganaccepting pre-orders (http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=fziHLe0yqFU&offerid=226982.10000774&type=3&subid=0)for their 40-DVD collection ofPower Rangers - Seasons 1-7: From Mighty Morphin to Lost Galaxy. You'll get 338 episodes which aired from 1993 to 1999, plus tons of bonus material including 2 DVDs completely dedicated to extras.

Additionally, with this title you'll also get a rare Bandai-made action figure ofMorphinRed Ranger (Jason) wearing the "Dragon Shield" (which, in case you've forgotten, is the golden shoulder pad/chestpiece assembly) usually seen on theMorphinGreen Ranger (Tommy). You can see a high-res image of this action figure at the bottom, complete with accessory sword and blaster. This toy was once available for collectors, but not for a long time; it is currently available exclusively from Time Life with the purchase of this title. And don't think this combination of Red and Green Ranger uniforms is simply out-of-the-blue; it is taken directly from twoMighty Morphin: Season 1episodes: "Birds of a Feather" and "Clean-Up Club"...both of which you can watch on these discs!

Note that there is NOT any overall "slipcase" packaging for this title: these are the same sets that Shout! Factory will be selling individually, and Time Life will take the separate disc cases and the action figure, and wrap them in bubble wrap and send them to you in a regular shipping carton. The price is $219.95 SRP, which may sound like a lot at first, but at 40 discs it breaks down to just $5.49 per DVD. Or, putting bonus stuff aside, it's just 65 per episode...$31.42 per season. And standard shipping is available for free. It's a great value, any way you look at it. And if you cannot afford the entire $219.95 cost at once, you can break it down into 5 easy installments of $43.99 per payment. Sounds good to us!

The current planned ship date isAugust 6th, just a week later than what we originally reported. Time Life, Shout! Factory and Saban are working on getting a full press release to us soon; stay tuned for that!

Taken from:http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/17042#ixzz1wywJbI9L