PDA

View Full Version : Using cheats in JK: outcast?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-10-2003, 08:02 PM
So, i'm playing outcast, just playing around. I decided to have some fun and get some cheats and whatnot. I got some info from some sites and i'm trying to do it and there isn't a freakin' thing happening. Here is what i'm told to do/doing:

bring up the game console (shift ~). Type in "helpusobi 1" and then type in any code i want (give armor, give health, etc) and then close the console (shift + ~) and there still isn't anything happening. I tried typing in that obi thing with and without the ""'s, still nothing, i just tried one simple code and nothing. Any help here would be great cause i'm just looking to play around with it. thanks! :D

James Boba Fettfield
01-10-2003, 08:37 PM
Try typing devmapall instead of helpusobi 1 to activate the cheat console.

Lord Malakite
01-10-2003, 08:57 PM
In the middle of play press the '' ~ '' key while holding shift to get to the console window. Type in '' helpusobi 1 " or " devmapall '' and press enter. Note: If the console window does not appear, edit the "jk2config.cfg" file in the "\gamedata\base\" folder and add the line: bind ~ "toggleconsole

Now you have the opportunity to add in any of the following cheats, as well as others not listed:

<effect> - <what you must type in> {toggle #'s}
All Weapons - give all
Force Grip - setForceGrip {1-3}
Force Healing - setForceHeal {1-3}
Force Jump - setForceJump {1-3}
Force Lightning - setForceLightning {1-3}
Force Pull - setForcePull {1-3}
Force Push - setForcePush {1-3}
Force Speed - setForceSpeed {1-3}
Jedi Mind Trick - setMindTrick {1-3}
Lightsaber Defense - setSaberDefense {1-3}
Lightsaber Offense - setSaberOffense {1-3}
Saber Toss - setSaberThrow {1-3}
Slow Motion - timescale 5
Super Speed - timescale 2
Set your Lightsabre Color-saberColor [red orange yellow green blue purple]
God Mode - god
Undead Mode - undying
Move Anywhere - noclip
Enemies will ignore you - notarget

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll give it a try here in a few. Now, when i type in like "give ammo" is that supposed to be 1 word or 2? thanks! :D

Lord Malakite
01-10-2003, 09:10 PM
I believe " give ammo " is two words. There are others though that I believe are just one word, like " notarget ".

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-10-2003, 10:03 PM
K either my copy is crap or i'm just a dumb---. Here is what i'm doing:

I bring up the console window. I then type in
helpusobi 1 (or devmapall) and the hit enter
i type in my command on the next line, example give ammo, do the shift, +~ thing and then the window closes and nothing happens. I even tried putting them all on one line, still nothing. Do i need quotes when i type them in or something? any ideas as to why this isn't workin?!? I'll go back and work with it again for a bit. thanks! :D

James Boba Fettfield
01-10-2003, 10:42 PM
Note: If the console window does not appear, edit the "jk2config.cfg" file in the "\gamedata\base\" folder and add the line: bind ~ "toggleconsole"

I copied that from Gamewinners.com. If that's not the problem, then I have no idea what the problem is.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-10-2003, 10:43 PM
K, i got it working. I wasn't putting in the quotes. hehehehe i'm such an idiot :D ta and thanks again! :D