PDA

View Full Version : The MM AF Forum New Members WELCOME Thread.....

SWAFMAN
01-10-2003, 10:06 PM
I know we've welcomed all the recent new forum members in their introductory post-threads, but I thought I'd post a dedicated thread to this purpose.

It seems that we've had a spike in new posters at this SSG MM / AF Forum over the last year, and especially in the past couple months.

To all recent folks, another very warm welcome!!!!!

It's fantastic to hear new POVs and to be reassured that interest in the AF line is more widespread than the dozen-or-so "legacy" members of this forum.

Please don't hesitate to share your reviews, "haves", "wants", finds, wishes, info-requests, or any random musings.

I won't speak for anyone other than myself (but I think in this case I probably do), but I really enjoy reading everything that's posted on this MM / AF forum. I think you'll find that the friendly level of discourse here - and in nearly every forum at SSG - is an oasis in the desert of flame-scorched, immature-idiot-infested Internet discussion boards.

If you have any (non-mercenary) interest at all in MicroMachines or Action Fleet, you're among friends here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
n.p.: "Take your shoes off..... Set a-spell.... Y'all come back now, y'hear?"

cloneemperor
01-11-2003, 02:24 AM
Here, here, and thanks for the welcome. For my list of haves and reviews, check out my site. For my list of wants, that may not be on my site, so here it is in all it's glory:

RC AT-AT AF Vehicle
Naboo Royal Starship AF Vehicle
Sith Infiltrator AF Vehicle
Trade Federation Tank AF Vehicle
Droid Control Ship AF Vehicle
Theed Palace Action Fleet Set
Otoh Gunga Action Fleet Set
Current
Any Episode II AF Vehicles (haven't seen them in my corner of Canada yet)

good shot jansen
01-11-2003, 10:07 AM
brilliant thread swaficus! (ever since you posted "i am swaficus" i can't think of you as any of the other intimate monkers we have chosen for you over the years!)

it really is a thrill to see the amount of new members we've added recently to the ssg mm community:)

a little bit of history:

back in 1996, galoob, the original manufacturer of the micro machines lines, had a bulletin board on their site called the buzz board. this was a place, set up by the actual maker of the toys, where people who loved them, could chat with other micro machine addicts.

when hasbro bought out galoob in 98, they allowed the buzz board to remain in operation until december of 99. in a stunning announcement made three days before it happened, hasbro posted a message in the buzz board stating that in about 48 hours, the buzz would cease to exist.

jedi tricks, (who was known on the buzz board as random ranger), made a post about how there was a mm section at ssg, and that if anyone wished, the buzz would try and be carried on over there.

within a few days after his posting, several of us, rummaged on over here, and here is where we've been ever since.

a big thanx to all the new members here, for tracking us down, and joining the ssg mm community:)

vulcantouch
01-13-2003, 11:10 PM
i spose you welcoming-committee types can sit on yer nutrasweet bottoms & crochet lil dollhouses for the newbies if you wanna :D but personally i don't feel need to "welcome" nobody here. i see this as a saloon; no welcome required. just amble on in, look around, belly up & swig some hooch. if you wanna be heard just horn in on an existing conversation or start a new one. in the mood for a nice brawl? no sweat, a few of us here are eminently qualified & inclined by nature to accomodate ya at the drop of a hat :evil: (which is one reason i think we never actually get outta hand.) otherwise you can always just keep to yourself & watch our sideshow ebb & flow, we showoffs like to make sure you lurkers stay entertained :happy:
all we're missin now's that cathouse i been naggin TPTB to start upstairs :evil:
vt

good shot jansen
01-14-2003, 12:06 PM
yah got that straight pilgraems?! :o

well alright then, now lets quit ch'ure belly achin', and lets do some serious drinkin' and keep the newly native amused. :Pirate:

my apologies in advanced to the duke.

JediTricks
01-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Just an additional welcome tidbit, I've gotten a handful of emails in the past few weeks asking about MM product. For a while, it had been real quiet about such things, but something's cluing these folks in to the wonderful world of Micro Machines lately and I'm glad to see it - of course, I made sure to recommend this crazy little forum for more on the subjects. :)

So welcome aboard to one and all!

mogomra
01-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Figured I'd de-lurk and introduce myself to the group.

I'm old school when it comes to Star Wars collecting, I guess. I'm old enough to have gotten the Early Bird Set when I was a kid, and I love the figures, but I've always enjoyed the plastic and die-cast vehicles Kenner made back in the day. I enjoyed them so much, I think I actually had nightmares about losing that little Blockade Runner that came with the Star Destroyer.

The Action Fleet vehicles were really great successors to that original line, and I thought the Galoob Millenium Falcon and Slave 1 were superb. I'm glad that there are new Action Fleet toys coming. I really like the AT-TE, and am eagerly awaiting the Republic Gunship. And if the Jedi Starfighter comes with a hyperdrive ring (I know, slim chance), so much the better.

I have to say, though, I don't miss the Action Fleet mini-figures at all. For me the focus of those toys was the vehicles themselves, not the characters. I really didn't think they added anything for me. To each his own, though.

And I think it's awesome that the magic of the internet lets us communicate with insider folks like Glitch, whose posts about unproduced Micro stuff are just pure joy.

Anyway, hello everyone.

r2dee2
01-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Well VT, you can see my CATHOUSE (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/Aut_4754mavenwithwicket_7F.jpg) when you make it down for a visit :D

Welcome aboard mogomra! Some fine folk here. I agree, it is really nice to have the likes of Glitch sharing some unique inside stuff for us to drool over :cool:

vulcantouch
01-27-2003, 11:13 PM
did i say r2 was the leia of the mm forum? maybe i shoulda sed the Mae West of the mm forum cuz, even tho i'm lergic to cats, i'd be happy to accept her invite to "come up & see her sometime" :D
how's this for a welcome message: hey all you greenhorns, might try lookin thru this forum's 18 months' worth of archived topics afore startin up a new thred cuz 4 times outta five someone here's already beat you to it, Mister Original :p :D

vulcantouch
03-05-2003, 12:03 PM
MERDE no, i'm just here to invite jg, sergi, sicq, zsa-zsa cabour (;) ) & all our other europals over to the bestest, baddest, most cosmopoliterrific and HumpTastical film conVersaTion you'll ever find, cuz i just posted a new all-eurohump (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=228136#post228136) :cool:
vt

matthewilw
03-05-2003, 04:03 PM
I'm still fairly new here too ( a couple months or so).

Oh, swafman, did you happen to snag that tac fighter?

:crazed:

SWAFMAN
03-05-2003, 04:27 PM
crud. no, I didn't. the end time was while I was at work, and I was swamped & missed the bid. I usually wait until the closing moments to post my bids, to avoid getting outbid. In this case, it was the wrong thing to do, i guess. It closed cheap, too! I will keep a lookout for another, and definitely let you knwo if I see or snag one.

AndyW
03-05-2003, 09:49 PM
I've been here for a couple of month or so now, so not really a hello, but I really love this forum, a wealth of knowledge and I've already traded with someone who managed to complete my fleet of republic cruisers and reunite me with a Y and A wing like I used to have what seems like years ago now.

Also this year is the first time I started buying action fleet over the net, bought a ton off dns, now got the following:

X-Wing
Tie Advanced X1
Millenium Falcon

Naboo Fighter
AT-TE

Snowspeeder
AT-AT

Republic Gunship
Republic 'Acclamator' Class Troopship
Jango Slave One

Didn't buy the solar sailor out of protest on how shockingly awfull it is :D