PDA

View Full Version : Crossover Movies

Tycho
01-11-2003, 09:21 AM
I was trying to start this topic in the Star Trek thread, but realize I am also curious how other genres would handle "the monsters" from my other favorite movies.

The first thing that prompted this was Alien, Aliens, Alien3, and Alien Resurrection - just to clarify what we are talking about with Aliens (capitalized).

How would the various Starfleet Crews handle them? I doubt they could avoid initially getting a crewmember victimized by a face-hugger, and the show would be on from there.

How would the Jedi Knights handle them? Would they even become victims of a face-hugger to start with? Would their reflexes be too quick to worry about getting too close to an egg?

How would a fully developed alien hive (with working drones) differ from just the premise in Alien (the first movie)? Would Starfleet or Jedi have any more difficulty? What would they decide to do? (Prime Directive, respect for all life in the Force, etc.)

Second, how about Predators. Could they hunt Jedi? I think on Star Trek Voyager, the Hirogen Hunters pretty much covered this topic.

What about Terminators? Could Coruscant (before the Yuuzhan Vong destruction of the planet) have ever developed a defense network, or an auto-mated cleanup of the underlevels, that decided to exterminate all biological life? Terminators are far more sophisticated than Battle Droids and far more armored, not to mention ones with cyborg exteriors could operate amongst humans (or aliens) in subterfuge. Guri, the female first for Black Sun under Xizor is almost a Terminator in some ways, but she is probably not that well armored, and much more organic beneath her skin surface. In New Jedi Order, Lando has pretty much created Terminators, but they are programmed to kill only Yuuzhan Vong. Could that have been a mistake to engineer those? How would different Starfleet crews handle Terminators? Phasers on full-disintegrate would seem to end a situation quite quickly. Is Commander Data as sturdy as a Terminator? Any match? In First Contact he was shot at with an automatic weapon and reacted just like the Terminator did - without the violent response though. How about the T-1000? Would a Jedi lightsaber be able to damage it?

Do realistic, well-done Crossovers interest anyone (in theory)?

Star Trek, being of smaller episodes than Star Wars, could more easily handle doing a show or movie in actuality, but in Star Wars the books and comics could explore these issues: Aliens, Predators, Terminators.

What do you guys think?

Lman316
01-11-2003, 11:06 PM
Funny...I was just thinking about this. Come to think of it, it was only yesterday that I was playing out a scenario with some of my toys: Picard (from the Art Asylum Nemesis line) had to fight the Predator (from the McFarlane Movie Maniacs line). Sad to say, Picard lost :( and had his spine ripped from his...er...um, where was I?

All those concepts would intrigue me. However, before I go any further, I have to point out that if you're counting the Hirogen as Predators, then you basically have to count Species 8472 (or something like that) as the Aliens. I mean, they're definitely more intelligent, but show the same basic principles. But then again, the Hirogen aren't exactly the same as Predators. I honestly think a Predator could wipe the floor with any Hirogen warrior as the Hirogen do not possess any "cloaking" ability, and the ability to see body heat would give the Predator a definite advantage.
I honestly think that if Starfleet were to encounter an Alien though, they would more than likely treat it as any other threat to the Federation. They would have to see them as Borg, more than anything else. Because basically all they're doing is "assimilating" their people, just in a different way. But either foe (Predator or Alien), I would love to see cross over with Star Trek.
The Terminators? Like you said, with the phasers...I really don't see a problem eliminating them. They might pose some threat...especially if they were some kind of new Borg drone, but in the end, I feel they would be defeated.

With Jedi, I don't know. I believe the only Jedi that would succumb to Alien Facehuggers or Predators would be Padawans. They might lack the skill to know where those things are. A full Jedi would probably be able to sense the movement of the Predator and/or know there is danger when approaching an Alien egg. However, it would be interesting to see if a Jedi was attacked by a Facehugger. Would the resulting Alien be Force sensitive? Ouch...
The Terminators...again, no problem. Real Jedi would be able to know they're not human by feeling them. And as they're obviously "droids" of some kind, they would be easily identifiable. And they'd be quick work with the use of a lightsaber.

But really, I was just thinking of cross overs like this. The Star Wars stuff, if they ever chose to do it, they could do in the comics. Dark Horse already owns the rights to Star Wars, Alien and Predator, doesn't it? I haven't read them (but have recently wanted to find them on Ebay or something), but it would be just like their: Predator vs. Batman or their Darth Maul vs. Batman comics. Even though that was a collaboration between Dark Horse and DC, but these new ones would be even easier :D.
It would be interesting to see how they'd turn out.

Now, what I'd really like to see would be Star Wars vs. Star Trek. I had ideas for individual battles:

Darth Vader vs. Locutus
Chewbacca vs. Worf
C-3PO vs. Data
Riker vs. Solo

Yeah...that would be so cool. Or, maybe that's just to me :).

End...:D

Eternal Padawan
01-12-2003, 09:03 AM
What if Clint Eastwood's "Man with no name" crossed paths with The Apple Dumpling gang?

What if Forrest Gump ran into Martin Riggs in VietNam?

Whit if Roger Rabbit used Doc Brown's time travelling Delorean to travel to the 21st century to meet Woody and Buzz and Shrek and Jar Jar Binks?

scruffziller
01-13-2003, 10:13 AM
I have already explored this in SSG.

SW-ST Crossover (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5728&highlight=Star+Trek+Crossover)

and

ST-SW blend (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14315)

Rogue II
01-13-2003, 10:28 AM
My favorite crossover of all time is Godzilla meets Bambi.:evil:

How about super crossover films:

Lost in Space, Buck Rogers, The Black Hole, Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5 all me up on The Planet of the Apes.

Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, CHiPs, Kojak, and the Rockford Files all go down to Florida to assist Miami Vice.

Tycho
01-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, CHiPs, Kojak, and the Rockford Files all go down to Florida to assist Miami Vice.

No one in Florida would be able to afford auto insurance then, if it was realistic! hehe :)

LTBasker
01-13-2003, 03:25 PM
What about if the Borg assimilated a Predator and got their technology?? :eek:

I don't think a basic Predator hunters would be very threatening, I mean if Danny Glover can take down one... :D