PDA

View Full Version : Prototype boxed image of the green A-wing fighter

Jargo
01-11-2003, 07:38 PM
http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html The private universe just scooped this pic of the boxed fighter with green uniformed pilot which is just Arvel Crynyd from the rebel pilots cinema scene repainted. It's a window box and the pilot is stood next to what appears to be some sort of box, this must be a part of the printed interior display eventually or it contains some accessories maybe. I'll go with the empty printed box theory myself. Anyway here's the pic for those who can't wait or can't be botheredgoing somewhere else.

sith_killer_99
01-11-2003, 07:54 PM
WOW, this thing looks great. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on one or two of these. Too bad Hasbro couldn't be bothered with coming up with a new pilot.

BTW, does anyone have a clue as to the MSRP for this thing? Will it be an exclusive like sooooo many other ships hitting stores now-a-days?

Jargo
01-11-2003, 08:00 PM
It's a shame the gif is a bit wonky and speckled. I know what you mean though, the a-wing is my favourite star wars fighter and it looks great in green. I junked all my acton fleet vehicles save for the green a-wing and this 4" scale one is just 'triffic. I got one on order but i might just weaken and go for a second, The pilot is so-so but I might just repaint him grey like I did with the cinema scene Arvel. Hasbro still needs to do a basic A-wing pilot properly. Cuz this guy is a Y-wing pilot, definately not an A-wing pilot.

LTBasker
01-11-2003, 08:09 PM
It being an EU A-wing and having a repainted Y-Wing Pilot kinda fits, just because that'd be EU for a Y-wing Pilot to be in an A-wing. It's not as bad as their lack of originality on the B-Wing coming with the Rebel Pilots Sullustian that stayed white instead of red.

I hope they do pack some accessories in, they have the battery compartment as a current storage place so they just have to make that a little better, and then you could shove in some stuff there. I wonder if the second yellow ladder section in the Rebel Tech accessory pack is for the A-wing. It's kinda short (then again so is the other ladder piece but anyways) but it's got a staight platform thing on it that looks like it could plug into the A-wing's hull creases on the sides.

Edit: I thought until now that the landing light was a platform on the shorter ladder piece.

Turbowars
01-12-2003, 12:17 AM
Very very nice! It seems that Hasbro is doing a great job on ships and putting the figures 2nd and 3rd and 4th, well you get the point. I never opened the POTF2 A-wing and now I just might. The green looks great! Maybe thats it. The green makes it look more real.

Beast
01-12-2003, 01:14 AM
Very nice ship, can't wait for this one. For those of you who were wondering, It's scheduled to be an exclusive to Target here in the states. Wish it was Wal-Mart, but since it's a repaint of a ship that was already available at clearance for a while, hopefully it won't be that difficult to locate. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-12-2003, 01:56 AM
JJB- When is it due out again? I heard like Spring??

Old Fossil
01-12-2003, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the link, Jargo.

Cool ship. Too bad it's a Target exclusive; that means I'll never see it at retail. That was the case with both the B-Wing and the Y-Wing, and the two 12" Speederbike sets. Target exclusives are... what's the word these young'uns are using nowadays... wack.

Turbowars
01-12-2003, 05:33 AM
Well Walfarts exclusives are wacked also, hell any exclusives have been wack, in the past all but the x-wing and 12" Luke and TaunTaun

sith_killer_99
01-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Target exclusive ships are the only ones I have never found at retail. I had to trade (TIE Interceptors) for my B-Wing and Y-Wing and still do not have a Skiff.:cry:

mtriv73
01-12-2003, 10:33 AM
I love the paint job although I think I'm disappointed in the choice of pilots. I'll wait until I see it to pass judgement. Maybe target will actually order enough of them this time and put them out in all their stores on the same day. If they can overwhelm the scalpers maybe we'll actually get one at retail price.

Jargo
01-12-2003, 02:30 PM
JMG, If I rememember right the retailer listings had it down for a May release. Given the way stuff will trickle into stores you might as well say June before everyone starts finding them in any number. Unless hasbro do an early release and make it April/May. Either way late spring or early summer is what I read I think.

DarkArtist
01-13-2003, 06:06 PM
:o The problem with exclusives is that there is always someone working on the inside that tells their friends, aka THE SCALPERS, when the exclusives have arrived and how many they want. Then the insider either puts them away or buysthem with their discount and gives them to thedealer to be priced at insane prices. TRU is by far the only store I've seen that stocks their exclusives.;) ;) Hasbro should take a note from TRU and perhaps give all exclusive rights to them.

Turbowars
01-13-2003, 07:19 PM
I agree, but TRU has bad guys too. There's are always boxes coming out of the back opened with figures missing. Gee I wonder who is always missing, could it be Ephant Mon?