PDA

View Full Version : A question about entertainment earth/action fleet

AndyW
01-12-2003, 07:09 PM
Ok,has anyone bought stuff of this site? Looks pretty big,established,if that makes sense,but there was one thing that worried me.

Am still looking for the AT-TE,will ask the guy from d&s toys when I get the chance,and I found it here with the other two (the naboo fighter and the solar sailer thing) in the wave,for $40 odd,then I got excited and saw the next wave,the one I REALLY have to get my hands on was available for pre-order. Great,can buy it now and sit back. Went throught the order process then saw the cost, $54 dollars on top!!! I might be new to this but that seemed a little high to ship over the atlantic,or am I totally out on this and is this good? Desparate need of guidance here :D

So if it cost this much on this site,how much will d&s charge me for shipping the two action fleet I've already ordered,will it be as much????!!!

Thanks very very very much for help, yours thankfully, uk user up late :)

sicqnus
01-12-2003, 07:57 PM
He, he AndyW;
Welcome to the marvelous world of online piracy...
EE only ships via UPS or FEDEX, then the shipping cost is very high (high!high!high!Ae!).:greedy:
And if you compare the prices, they are higher than those of most of the other online retailers. Except for Brian's Toys wich is an online shop for the petroleum emirates or the Bill Gates friends.
A solution for reducing the cost is asking for "surface mail shipping" wich is longer (very long, up to 8 weeks) but really cheaper than airmail shipping. You will also have to be careful of the custom taxes. If the retailer is a good seller, he will try to send the packet as a gift with a $25 max on the custom stamp.
DNStoys is one of the only online shops with prices close to the retail prices. Other cool shops are Toyzz.com (sometimes they received a few AF or MM for cheap with free shipping very often to the USA residents); FinalFrontierToys.com (high prices but large MM listing and they could find you same rare items upon request); Toybliss.com sometimes offer curious things from very old stocks. PlanetActionFigure.com is also a good shop, prices has increased last year (unfortunately) but the service is very good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Shot' maybe you should tell me : I think the shop called TNC universe located in Florida has closed his doors. I'm not sure. They used to have lots of Episode 1 Action Fleet including Infiltrators and Royal Starships.

sith_killer_99
01-12-2003, 08:27 PM
Shipping to and from Great Britain is expensive, or slow, as was stated. I buy from around the world and shipping is by far my biggest expense, that's why I always make big purchases at once.

Anyway, Entertainmentearth is a solid company. Unfortunatly they are exensive. Not a bad little company for a business started by a Doctor and run out of a garage. I guess as long as you have the capital or whatever.:rolleyes:

I personally am too cheap to buy fron EE, with the exception of their upcoming Sandtrooper 4-pack.;)

I must admit, I'm still shaking my head at that one.:crazed:

AndyW
01-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Hmmm. I'm going to wait and see what the guy from d&s quotes me,if I'm going to have to pay high shipping I might aswell wait for when the other wave comes in and they all come together.

That said I could just be patient and wait till they arrive here in stores. :)

Thanks for the insight btw! All your help is most helpfull.

AndyW
01-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Just been having a look at some of the stores you quoted,final frontier has a lot of stock,could spend some serious cash on action fleet there!

good shot jansen
01-13-2003, 06:48 AM
sicqnus, tnc seems to have closed down, and renamed themselves quality collector (at least that's what comes up when i type in their url)

they are located in sarasota which is on the other side of the state, and quite a bit north. i'm in fort lauderdale, which is right next to miami on the south east side of the state (on the atlantic ocean) sarasota is on the west central side of the state, just below tampa (on the gulf of mexico)

most of the collectable sci-fi/comix type stores in south east florida, do not offer action fleet or micro machines for sale (trust me, i been lookin' for years).

and to make matters worse, it seems we have more than our fair share of scalpers who reside in these parts, making life tough to even locate the merch, at retail establishments.

the only time i bought anything from ee, was when the naboo fighter series alpha was offered by them. they made you buy a small case which contained two series alpha naboos, a series alpha sith infiltrator, and a series alpha royal starship. i did order it at the time with a friend of mine from work. i wasn't happy that i had to buy a bunch of stuff which i alrerady had, but as i recall, at that time, that was the only way i was able to find the proto naboo.

of course a few weeks later, dave roberts had the proto naboo at d&s. of all the online sellers who offer micro machines, i would always first see if d&s has it, before looking elsewhere. they are by far the best (as well as least expensive) of any of the web sellers.

AndyW
01-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Whats a scalper out of interest? :)

Dave from D&S emailed me,$15 odd shipping,which is much much more reasonable. Going to see if he can get hold of the AT-TE and the Naboo fighter too.

good shot jansen
01-13-2003, 11:19 AM
basically a scalper is a poison (noo yawkese for person, as well as being a damn fine synonym), who purchases an item with the sole interest of re-selling for a profit.

vt, had once posted a great definition, which i can't sem to locate at the moment, hopefully once he chimes in, he'll direct us to that post of his

AndyW
01-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Suppose theres a lot of that really. Thanks.

JediGoofy
01-15-2003, 04:55 AM
To AndyW and all the other people looking for a good on-line store for MM and AF: you can always buy with confidence from D&S Sci-fi Toy World (dnstoys.com). :)

Not only they have reasonable prices and do not overcharge for shipping, but they are also nice people to deal with.

For example, last year, for a mistake, a package for me was sent to a wrong mailing address. Well, Dave Roberts (dnstoys) re-sent me the AF vehicles, along with my following order, at no cost! :happy: Moreover even if I paid for surface mail, they upgraded at their expenses to air mail! :D

I always had positive experiences with dnstoys and their on-line store is a real help for European AF collectors, where last waves are so difficult to find (or are really expensive in specialized stores).

Ciao,
JediGoofy

AndyW
01-15-2003, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the recommendation,I'm hearing nothing but good so far, and d&s emailed me with shipping costs,which was a fraction of what EE wanted,and he's said he'll try and locate the AT-TE for me to send with the snow speeder and AT-AT. All looking good then!

britcit3
01-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Andy the delivery time from the US is an UNBELIEVABLE 4 DAYS!!

Cheers

BC3

AndyW
01-15-2003, 11:44 AM
From D&S?

britcit3
01-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Yes !

Bc3

vulcantouch
01-15-2003, 12:22 PM
it was on the Old Forums, & prev-posted linx to it no longer work so i'm wondering if TPTB took down the old forums w/out letting me know? woulda spared me the trouble of having to retype the entire thing from printup scratch :frus:
the crux of my hardline def was 2-part: 1) an attempt by a non-primary retailer to resell a collectible for more than they paid for it; 2) an attempt by a primary retailer (i.e. one who buys directly from the wholesalers) to sell for more than srp. i'll dig out that printup & reproduce here if anyone's interested :)
vt

haggie
01-15-2003, 06:10 PM
Here's my glossary of terms (http://www.starwarsactionfleet.com/swaf.cgi?s=glossary) for ya (scalper included).

AndyW
01-15-2003, 06:55 PM
britcit,four days for even air mail,thats good!

I've upped my order a bit too. Nows its the snowspeeder,at-at,naboo fighter and the at-te. Shipping now $20 odd dollars for air mail. All my stuff should be in stock by next week. Yahay. English man happy :)

I went into forbidden planet yesterday,asked about when the action fleet will be in,a helpfull bearded dude (think that comic book man off the simpsons) said they might have some in late feb. I'm sure the fit geeky girl would have been more helpfull should she have been working :D

JediTricks
01-19-2003, 07:51 PM
They took down the old forums without letting me know as well. :eek: :rolleyes: :frus: :stupid: :Pirate: :( :mad: :dead:

heh heh, smilieitis