PDA

View Full Version : Reaching out to Collectors in Tallahassee, Florida

sumdumchum
01-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Hi guys. Well, i thought it'd be fun to talk to other folks in this area since there isn't much else to do around here. Drop me a line Maybe we can give each other a heads up when it comes to new figures being spotted.

Dark Knight
01-12-2003, 09:37 PM
You might want to check out the Orlando Collector Club. It well est. with members.:D

sumdumchum
01-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Well, although that might sound like a good idea... Orlando is about 4 hours from Tallahassee so if someone spots something in Orlando by the time I read about it the stuff will already be gone. So, to review... Tallahassee good, Orlando bad. Anyone here in
Tallahassee? Anyone? I know there's got to be someone because if that wasn't the case I'd have everything I'm looking for. Oh well.

InsaneJediGirl
01-15-2003, 08:04 AM
Dark Knight is right.Not everyone from the Orlando Collectors Club is from Orlando.Its turned into a Florida and Greater Area club really.I live in Ocala Florida,does that help?Still pretty far though.

sumdumchum
01-15-2003, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the reply but you are right Ocala is still far from Tallahassee. I guess I'm doomed to wander this town by myself. Hey maybe I can start a monopoly.:D

Dark Knight
01-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Don't feel bad. I'm the only one from Cola, S.C. on the boards. There a fellow that lives about 45min away. He still helps me find stuff. Sorry bout refering to the orlando club.:rolleyes:

sumdumchum
01-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the info Dark Knight. No need to apologize. Maybe Tallahassee people don't frequent this site. Maybe they don't have computers. Maybe they've never seen one. Who knows. I'll keep my seach for fellow collector still. Thanks.

JON9000
01-22-2003, 05:59 PM
I currently reside in Tallahassee, but funds are low these days, so I do not get out much. If I see something cool I like the Acklay I will post here

sumdumchum
01-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Hey there is life out here!!! :p Welcome to this dead zone known as Tallahassee Jon. The acklay would be a good find. I saw it once and just as I was going for it this kid (about 8 or 9) came up from behind and grabbed it. :eek: Well, let me know if there's anything you want\need and I'll keep you posted.

JON9000
02-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Aww heck, Tallahassee isn't that bad. I used to live in a tech heavy town where the ratio was in very bad condition- this is paradise in comparison. If there is a bright center to Florida, this is definitely the city that it is farthest from, though

JON9000
04-19-2003, 01:58 PM
To all Tallahasseeans- we have been forsaken by the Walmart distribution system.

sumdumchum
04-19-2003, 03:00 PM
Well I couldn't agree with you more. Walmart on apalachee hasn't had anything new in god knows how long. I did pick up the research droids and factory padme at Target the other day. I used the target flyer (2 for $5) at the new Walmart on Thomasville road and picked up two republic gunship gunners and the new imperial officer head sculpt. Anything else? I guess I'll just have to wait a long long time.

JON9000
04-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Oh, they must have put new stuff out a targetr right after i checked. the pegs were cleaned out because of the sale. I suppose they were restocked with new stuff. hopefully the old stuff is completely wiped out. I want to see some of the new goodies, particularly Hoth Han

sumdumchum
05-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Finally got some new stuff. Went to the WM on Apalachee and they had the Teebo wave along with some deluxe clone trooper speeder bikes. Now if I could only find the 'pit of carkoon' fett. I'd be satisfied.

JON9000
12-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Well, Clone wars stuff is showing up at local TRU, Walmarts, and Target, but coming across SAGA gear is not easy. Oh well. I was never able to find a B-Wing until I moved to Tally, so I guess this is payback!