PDA

View Full Version : A Bee-Gee has died....

Emperor Howdy
01-13-2003, 01:04 AM

...........I....don't know.....what to say.......really. :confused:

I mean......he WAS a Bee-Gee after all. :confused:

I mean.......Saturday Night Fever and all........you.....know? :confused:

I mean, it still sucks and all, right? :confused:

Right, then. :confused:

plasticfetish
01-13-2003, 01:42 AM
Ooh, it was Maurice huh? That sucks. Doesn't it make you feel old when the people you thought were cool when you where younger start dying from "old people" problems? What a drag.

First Joe Strummer now Maurice Gibb ... who's #3?

QLD
01-13-2003, 01:51 AM
Let me preface this joke by saying that I am sorry for his loss, and send my regards to his family and friends.

OK, now, where was I.........

I guess he's not Stayin' Alive anymore......

*ba dum bum*

Pendo
01-13-2003, 02:31 AM
Ok, no "Staying alive" jokes from me...:rolleyes:

RIP :zzz:

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
01-13-2003, 10:08 AM
2 down, 2 to go.

BanthaPoodoo
01-13-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
2 down, 2 to go.

Errrr, what???? :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yeah, I cant believe hes gone either. The other brothers arent too happy about it & they are launching an investigation into the death. I would have to agree. He went in for a blocked intestine. You go in, cut it out, sew it back up & your done. How you die from something like that is beyond me! I hope maybe we find out how & why this happened.

The Overlord Returns
01-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
Errrr, what???? :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

He's the second Gibb to die, I believe.....

If not...

1 down, 2 to go.

BanthaPoodoo
01-13-2003, 01:11 PM
No I was thinking that is kind of a mean thing to say, like, well, we've gotten rid of two of em, now all we need to do is get rid of the other two.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Weren't there 3 Gibbs total in the Bee Gees? The one died back in the day and now Maurice passed away, leaving just the last one. RIP Maurice.

The Overlord Returns
01-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
No I was thinking that is kind of a mean thing to say, like, well, we've gotten rid of two of em, now all we need to do is get rid of the other two.

Yeah, it was. I've got a mean sense of humour sometimes. Still, it speaks volumes about my hatred of the bee gees, and what they did to music.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2003, 01:49 PM
I stand corrected. Taken from TIME:

The Bee Gees -- Maurice, Robin and their older brother Barry -- have lived in South Florida since the late 1970s. Their younger brother, Andy, who had a successful solo career, died in 1988 at age 30 from a heart ailment.

I'll do no jokes here, because my mom is a fan and due to her relentless playing of songs during my childhood, i'm a fan as well. :zzz:

El Chuxter
01-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Very sad. I'll admit I sorta like the Brothers Gibb. :cry: I'd quote "I Started a Joke," but I never can remember the words right.

And I just read #3 on Yahoo news a moment ago: Mickey Finn of 70s glam icons T Rex. Truthfully, I thought he died years ago like his predecessor, Steve Peregrine-Took.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=495&ncid=689&e=2&u=/ap/20030113/ap_en_mu/obit_finn

Jargo
01-13-2003, 04:11 PM
I thought Andy gibb died from an overdose of drugs and they used 'heart failure' as a soft blow to his fans considering that Andy gibb was a bit of a girls favourite and they didn't want to tarnish his image. I could be wrong though. No matter what anyone thinks of how cool or not the Bee Gees are they were and are extremely succesful and talented musicians in their own right. penning hits for the most unlikely people. They produced a lot of top acts themselves and although i'm not a fan personally i do recognise their boundless talents. How barry has sustained his falsetto for so long is quite amazing. Most singers start to lose their voices as they age yet the brothers gibb are still going strong - or were until this unfortunate and untimely death. I wonder if the two remaining brothers will keep going as performers or will instead retire and step up the production side of their lives. Whichever I wish them continued success.
It's quite common for surgery on the intestines to go bad. Septicemia (SP?) is i think one of the things that can be caused by surgery on that region of the body. That could be the case here. But trhen there's the heart attacks during and after surgery. According to the remaining brothers he didn't like going to the doctors so perhaps he jus left it too long without medical care? By the time they operated it might have been too late. when the intestine is blocked the toxins from your body's wate is reabsorbed back into the blood stream and this in effect poisons you. left unchecked it can have fatal effect. possibly the cause of the heart attacks. Guess we'll find out if there is an investigation.

Tonysmo
01-15-2003, 04:47 AM
My wife and I are fans.. but of course being unrelentless with bad tasting jokes, I had to throw out the " I guess stayin' alive wasnt in the cards for him..." which lead to " I guess the doctors couldnt figure out how to mend his broken heart " which then lead to a slew of others.. of course we had our MP3s playing in tribute.. bad bad bad - but so funny..

Teeska Mon Eebon
01-17-2003, 08:34 PM
I have been a fan of them for quite a while now... It sadly didn't hit me as hard as George Harrison but I have been playing Beegee songs all the time for the last few days....