PDA

View Full Version : New to SW comics.

TK924
01-13-2003, 01:38 AM
Hello,
I'm new to this board and to SW comics. In particular, I'm interested in collecting some of the Dark Horse comics.
Does anyone know where I might be able to get complete sets?
Thanks.

Kidhuman
01-13-2003, 01:54 PM
If you go to the trading section, look under other, and the topic, COmics for SW toys, I have some Star Wars Marvel comics and Dark Horse for trade. I have many others too if interested.

Darth Evil
01-13-2003, 02:36 PM
If you want to buy online, try Amazon.

TK924
01-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
If you go to the trading section, look under other, and the topic, COmics for SW toys, I have some Star Wars Marvel comics and Dark Horse for trade. I have many others too if interested.

Thanks, but I didn't see where Amazon.com offered back issues or complete sets. :)

El Chuxter
01-13-2003, 05:58 PM
Chances are, you'll need to go with the trade paperback reprints unless you want first printings for collecting purposes. Amazon and a lot of other book retailers carry the paperbacks. For the comics themselves, I'd recommend checking your local comic shop(s), other collectors online, and ebay.

TK924
01-13-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Chances are, you'll need to go with the trade paperback reprints unless you want first printings for collecting purposes. Amazon and a lot of other book retailers carry the paperbacks. For the comics themselves, I'd recommend checking your local comic shop(s), other collectors online, and ebay.

I kinda prefer to go with the comics. And I have checked EBay. I just missed out on a couple of auctions for 2 series by just a few cents! :( Oh well.
I'll continue to check Ebay. I have yet to check out the local comic store. Maybe I'll have some luck there. :)

Kidhuman
01-13-2003, 10:45 PM
TK924 these are the comics I have currently for trade if you are interested:

Star Wars Marvel: 10-12, 68,76,77,79,82,85-93,95-104
Dark Horse Star Wars:1,3-6

It is not much but it can get you started. If interested email me kidhuman2@wmconnect.com. Thanks

Darth Evil
01-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Sorry, I was thinking about trade paperbacks.

TK924
01-21-2003, 12:36 AM
OK. I think that I have decided to go the TPB route.

My next question is: Which one do I start with? What are your favorite TPBs and why?
Thanks for the help! ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
01-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Start with the Dark Empire TPB, not necessarily because it's so great, but because so many stories refer to it. I also like the Age of the Sith ones.

TK924
01-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
Start with the Dark Empire TPB, not necessarily because it's so great, but because so many stories refer to it. I also like the Age of the Sith ones.

Thanks!

Which story or series are closely tied to the movies? Are these any good?

cohens4
01-23-2003, 08:28 AM
hey. i noticed your were looking to start collecting comics. i have the following comics for sale if you are interested. they are all in great shape. if interested email me at cohens4@umdnj.edu...

COMICS
Tales of the Jedi:
Dark Lords of the Sith #1,2
Phantom Menace #1-4, (from QVC with special eidtions Obi wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker autographed by the author)
Crimson Empire II #1
Shadows of the Empire- Evolution #1-5
ShadowStalker
Tales from Mos Eisley
Jabba the Hut
--Gaar Suppoon Hit
--Hunger of Princess Nampi
--Dynasty Trap
--Betrayal
Boba Fett- When the Fat Lady Sings
Droids
--#1-6
--Special
--Rebellion #1-4
--Season of Revolt #1-4
Protocol offensive (Co-written by Anthony Daniels)
Han Solo at Star's End #1-3
X-Wing Rogue Squadron
--Phantom Affair #1, 2, 4
--Family Ties #1-2
--Requiem for a Rogue #1-4
--Warrior Princess #1,2,4
--Masquerade #1,2
River of Chaos #1 & #3
Prelude to Rebellion #1-6

thanks
stephen

El Chuxter
01-23-2003, 12:12 PM
TK924, I'd recommend the first few story arcs from the ongoing Star Wars series (Prelude to Rebellion, Outlander, and Emmisaries to Malastare). These tie in very closely to Episode I and deal with Ki-Adi Mundi. After these stories, they replaced him as the main character with Quinlan Vos (who I always found somewhat dull, partially because he replaced Ki-Adi). Also, there were four other E1 tie-ins that deal with "offscreen" adventures of Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon and I believe are collected as Episode One Adventures.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-23-2003, 06:32 PM
Others I have that I like (forgot to put these in my post above):
Shadows of the Empire
Crimson Empire I
Chewbacca

One to avoid:
the Jabba one :(

PloKoon2385
01-29-2003, 06:18 PM
I suggest you read:
Chewbacca
Jedi Council: Acts of War
The Hunt for Aurra Sing
Outlander
Darkness
Twilight
Emissaries to Malastare
Star Wars Tales vol.1 and vol. 2

These are very good. I pesonally care a whole deal for the art. What I mean is, that for me to truly enjoy it, the comic must have nice clean art. These all have good artwork and good stories. Read them!