PDA

View Full Version : Are these rare?

britcit3
01-13-2003, 08:13 AM
Hello all

Just wonderin'............

I have just bought a VAders TIE flight controller with trench & bonus X-wing micros and also a FCont X-Wing with trench & micros.

Paid $40 each for 'em that I thought was OK.

Are these rare ? It's just that I have never seen them on Ebay before.

Also - won auction for FCont TIE Int & FCont Y-Wing @ $80 US - was this a good buy (again never seen 'em before on Ebay)?

Thanks as ever for your time & expertise.

BC3

r2dee2
01-13-2003, 08:27 AM
britcit3, I don't think $40 is bad for the Flight Controller's with Bonus Death Star Trench and 2 MM vehicles. Those are fairly scarce and AFAIK the Vader TIE and X-Wing are the only 2 that have this bonus stuff.

The latter controllers were pretty scarce too. Was that $80 for both the Y-wing and Interceptor or for each?

Those flight controllers are nice sets...the only problem I have is finding the missiles....they always seem to find their way under bookcases or in out of reach places:(

britcit3
01-13-2003, 08:39 AM
Hey R2

Thanx for the incredibly prompt reply - very helpful.

The Y-wing/TIE Int controllers were $40 each too.

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
01-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Hi BC3, I'm still looking for these two controllers with MM's. They are very hard to find. The sad thing is that I saw several auctions on Ebay or Yahoo for these variations in 1998 and 1999. I think they were available on the foreign market because I saw them in Belgium and France in private collections. Unfortunately they became very hard to find nowadays. :sur:
$40 each is a little expensive for me (but when you love you didn't count).
The Interceptor and the Y-Wing are not so rare. I saw them regularily on Ebay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure but I think the Vader's X-Wing controller should exist in the smaller and the bigger versions. The bigger version is dirty (the single boxed big Vader's Tie is clean).

good shot jansen
01-13-2003, 11:49 AM
the mm bonus with trench fc's are definately an interesting variation released by galoob. i had bought mine on ebay a couple of years ago. prior to seeing them on ebay, i had no idea that they even existed. as i recall i paid about $30.00 or so for both of em.

the tail enders, the y-wing and tie interceptor were never available in large numbers here in the u.s. (the same old song and dance for tail enders:rolleyes: ), i was fortunate enough to have been able to track these down (with major help from r2dee2!) a few years ago.

great find bc3! open em up, and have a blast chasing bc'jr round the house with em! :)

this is red 5 standing by!

shinakuma43
01-13-2003, 12:43 PM
I would have paid 40.00 easily for the X-Wing with Bonus MMs. I've been searching ebay for it for a very long time and have never even seen it for sale, but don't search as often as I should I guess. I got lucky getting the Vader one about a year ago, it was listed with a buy now of 15.00.

The Y-Wing and Interceptor usually don't go that high, that auction is the most i've ever seen them sell for, but it's still not a bad deal since they aren't common anyways. If anyone else needs them check auctions.yaho.com. Whenever I search for Action Fleet over there an FC Interceptor and Y-Wing usually pop up and thye usually have buy nows of I believe 21.95 each.

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
01-13-2003, 05:04 PM
BC3, if you do open the Interceptor flight controller, can you please post here as to whether or not the TIE Int. pilot is the type with removeable helmet & George Lucas likeness? Also, can you confirm that the 2nd figure is the Stormtrooper? I know that this question came up recently, and Haggie's site could use use the update on the description of the figures. I have thus far not been willing to open mine, as I only have one, and only open when I can get at least two of something.

good shot jansen
01-13-2003, 07:09 PM
the tie pilot that comes with the interceptor flight controller, is not the removable helmet george lucas pilot. it's the non-removable helmet pilot just like the ones that come with the standard tie fighter.

the 2nd figure is indeed a storm trooper.

of further interest, the interceptor is the darker blue color variety.

JediTricks
01-13-2003, 09:22 PM
These got a lot more rare when they were clearanced through the various Big Lots chains (Big Lots, Odd Lots, Pic-n-Sav, and a few others) a year ago or so. Some Big Lots stores still have these hidden in their filthy shelves, but these are still rare. I can't find my set anymore, they're "somewhere" in the closet. :confused:

RobertDD
01-14-2003, 01:35 PM
BC3. if you open these, can you confirm that the trenches in both packages are the same?

Thanx

good shot jansen
01-14-2003, 01:55 PM
the trenches in mine are identical.

it's really nothing more than a cardboard sheet that's been scored evenly on either side to allow for the flaps to bolded up.

the photo on the cover of the boxes is actually nicer than the actual cardboard trench that comes with em

RobertDD
01-15-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanx GSJ.
I only own the DV Tie and always wondered if the X-wing had a different print on the cardboard.
The trench itself is rather pathetic, I fully agree.
If anyone has an X-wing with trench please let me know!

darthcarlos
01-15-2003, 11:13 PM
Does anyone have any pics of this playset? I don't think I ever saw it.

Thanks

Darth Carlos

r2dee2
01-16-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by darthcarlos
Does anyone have any pics of this playset? I don't think I ever saw it.

Thanks

Darth Carlos

SWAFFY sent me pics some time ago and you can see them at the bottom of this page. (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/flight_controllers.htm) Thanks SWAFFY:D

JediDBM
01-17-2003, 08:31 AM
Pretty cool ships, I would say I waited too long to start collecting MMs. I have some now, and enjoy them as much as the 12" figures. What has always made me jealous about MMs, is they have always been given a bigger selection of ships, and scenes. So I am starting to dabble in MMs as well as 12". Dont have much of a choice, Hasbro isnt putting out anything new in 3 3/4 figures, getting tired of waiting.

r2dee2
01-17-2003, 09:44 AM
JediDBM ....it's never too late to start collecting MM's:D !!....besides once your son gets older, he will so much enjoy that line and you will get great joy in sharing it with him. Ask good shot jansen.....he and his son LOVE the MM line :happy: !

JediDBM
01-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Thank you for that advice r2dee2, but for now my son is going thru the "everything you give me, goes in my mouth" phase, micromachines would mean mega choking hazard, lol, But I do look forward to the day I am able to share what I have with my son.

darthcarlos
01-18-2003, 08:59 PM
R2DEE2

Thanks for the pictures on the flight controller AF.

Later

Darth Carlos