PDA

View Full Version : Yoda MiniReview

Jayspawn
01-14-2003, 12:12 AM
This is officially my first Star Wars figure of the year. Technically. I've located every other figure, and was wondering when I'd run into this one. Well, I got him anyways.

Yoda, Jedi High Council

- Likeness: Since this figure is a remade version of the Yoda figure we got from Episode I and Yoda in Episode I does look a little off, It looks just like Yoda from Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Not much else to say. 5/5.

- Sculpt/ Detail: The figure itself is nicely detailed. The look of the robe and the headsculpt strongly resembles Yoda as seen in The Phantom Menace. He's sculpted with the 'uni-leg' that the Jawas have which is good for having Yoda hunch over more or stand up. He doesn't have the paint job on his face this time, and I'm not sure which I like more. BUt in all, it is the exact same figure as the Episode I version. 5/5.

- Articulation: Yoda has 4 points articulation. The ball joints in his shoulders make for a good range of motion for his arms. There's his head too as well as the 'uni-leg.' Its hard to put articulation into a figure this small and well sculpted. 3.5/5.

- Accessories: Yoda comes with council room chair and a lightsaber. Both accessories have come with previous Yodas. He sits well in his chair and the lightsaber fastens well into his hand with a newly added magnet. 5/5.

- Playability: The figure works well for playing. He sits in his chair and holds his lightsaber. Hes really in a neutral pose. Personally I think he looks best hunched over with a cane from any previous Yoda figure. Becuase of the figure's uni-leg he can sort of corl into a ball like in 'Clones' and you can have your Yoda fighting action. We all have imaginations. 4/5.

- Value: I picked up Yoda at Wal-Mart for $4.77. Yes- it is worth it at that price but not by much more. If you already have the Episode I and Saga Yodas, then you pretty much have this figure. 3.5/5.

- OVERALL: I call this kind of figure a "Best Of" figure because it simply has the accessories and figure of previously released figures. But it is a little hard for me to review this figure because Master Yoda is one of my favorite characters. I'm not thrilled about the figure because it is nothing new. But Yoda is cool anyways. 3.5/5.

Chiesa
01-27-2003, 02:33 PM
Cool review. Covers almost everything that are important! I was just about to wonder if I would want to pick up the new Yoda. I will take a look at it once it is available in my area.

Thanks...