PDA

View Full Version : What Magazines Accept Original Writings?

Lman316
01-14-2003, 06:13 PM
I know that I've asked this before, but I could really use some help.
I enjoy writing and I would like to possibly make that my career. However, before I try to submit my novel to anyone, I'd like to get some smaller works published.
I have some short stories that I've already written and some that I would like to write, but I have no idea as to what magazines will accept original fiction anymore.
Does the SW Insider accept original writings? Or (God forbid) do magazines like Playboy accept original writings?

If anyone knows of any magazines that do, please let me know.

Thanks!

End...:D

James Boba Fettfield
01-14-2003, 06:47 PM
I don't think Playboy accepts anything from people.....well, they do accept Party Jokes if you happen to write those. As for the other magazines like Playboy....I don't think they would either, but I could be wrong since the 'boy is the only type of those magazines I read. I'll try to find out some other magazines that I read to see if they do anything like this.

James Boba Fettfield
01-14-2003, 07:01 PM
http://www.publication.com/aylad/scifi.htm

That link will take you to a list of Sci Fi magazines that will accept works. I'm not sure if these magazines still exist or not, so don't hold me to any of them. If Sci Fi isn't what you're writing, then there are other magazines listed at the type under their respective genres. Best of luck in this.

Lman316
01-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
http://www.publication.com/aylad/scifi.htm

That link will take you to a list of Sci Fi magazines that will accept works. I'm not sure if these magazines still exist or not, so don't hold me to any of them. If Sci Fi isn't what you're writing, then there are other magazines listed at the type under their respective genres. Best of luck in this.

Sci-fi is exactly what I do write :D (along with some horror and other fantasy stuff).

Thank ya much! I'll take a look at the list and try to find those magazines.

Thanks again!

End...:D