PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3 news

mini-rock
01-15-2003, 02:50 AM
George Lucas talks a bit on Episode 3 over at Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,75540,00.html) .

Rogue II
01-15-2003, 06:40 AM
So this was the only real "spoiler"

"I know what I want to do," he said, "it was mapped out from my original writing for 30 years. But still you have these two pieces Clones and Chapter IV and you have to make them fit together. You're going to see a lot about Anakin and Luke and Princess Leia's mother, all the adults. And of course Luke and Leia will be infants in it."

mini-rock
01-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
So this was the only real "spoiler"

Right. So I guess this means Luke & Leia will already be born?

The Overlord Returns
01-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock
Right. So I guess this means Luke & Leia will already be born?

Not necessarily. They may spend most of their time in the womb, yet appear as new born "infants" near the films end.

Rogue II
01-15-2003, 12:12 PM
I thought either Lucas or Portman said Padme would be pregnant through most of Episode 3.

TheDarthVader
01-15-2003, 02:05 PM
"Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book." Of course, Lucas wrote his own book, but the mythology harkens back to Lord of the Rings. "We discuss it a lot because they are similar in nature," said Lucas.

What the heck?? He's making NINE 2 hour movies? I thought there were only six? He's made 6 movies from one book..!!!
Right?????????:confused: :confused:

Beast
01-15-2003, 02:09 PM
"I'm going to go from complete success to complete failure," he told me, without a wink or a smile. On the contrary, Lucas said he anticipates utter rejection from his fans once Star Wars concludes. "I'm going to make a bunch of movies like THX," he said, referring to his earliest effort. "And if people don't like it, too bad. There will be no Schindler's List or Saving Private Ryan for me," he said of pal Steven Spielberg's "serious" movies."There won't be any big dramas or Oscars."

Good for him, I'm sure he's sick of Star Wars being the only thing that anyone ever really asks him about. It's the same for actors that get typecast in one role, and can't be seen as somthing else. I for one, can't wait to see what else he has planned for us in the years after Star Wars. I'm just glad to hear he does have plans for after Star Wars, would have sucked to have seen him retire again. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
01-15-2003, 08:19 PM
surely someone is going to comment on the fact that Lucas said NINE two hour movies from one book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mini-rock
01-15-2003, 11:12 PM
Who knows. We've been told that Star Wars will be 6 films. Back in the day I believe GL had a plan for 9, but he had said he could fit his story into 6. Can't remember where I read that though.

Maybe GL meant 6 and mistakingly said 9, or he slipped his ULTIMATE PLAN out and really is going to make 9:p. The interviewer coulda heard it wrong, who knows.

Honestly I didn't really think anything of it since GL has said it will only be 6, but if by some miracle another 3 get made or are planned to be made would be fine by me. Doubt it will happen though.:D

TheDarthVader
01-16-2003, 11:43 AM
Oh, I just got a thought. 1. ANH 2.ESB 3. ROTJ 4. ANH SE 5. ESB SE 6. ROTJ SE 7. TPM 8. AOTC 9. EP III
Okay!!!!! I think THAT is what he is refering to... :)

stillakid
01-16-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
Oh, I just got a thought. 1. ANH 2.ESB 3. ROTJ 4. ANH SE 5. ESB SE 6. ROTJ SE 7. TPM 8. AOTC 9. EP III
Okay!!!!! I think THAT is what he is refering to... :)

Could be...from a "certain point of view." ;)

Acccccccccckkkkkkkkkk, Luke and Leia will be in Ep III?!!?!!??! It's the beginning of the end.

The Overlord Returns
01-16-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by stillakid

Acccccccccckkkkkkkkkk, Luke and Leia will be in Ep III?!!?!!??! It's the beginning of the end.

As babies at the end. We already knew that. It's no big deal at all......

mini-rock
01-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns

We do know they appear in the film, but do we know for sure it's only towards or at the end? Has this been confirmed?

The Overlord Returns
01-16-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
We do know they appear in the film, but do we know for sure it's only towards or at the end? Has this been confirmed?

Natalie Portman stated she would be "with child" for most of the film......

GL states the infants will appear.....

combine the two together, and you get twins born near the end of the film.....

mini-rock
01-16-2003, 01:20 PM

Yeah I've heard that too. What I'm looking for is a link to a news article or interview where this is clearly stated. We have what GL said, but what about Portman? Can you post a link?

Rogue II
01-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by stillakid

Well, it's not like they are going to have a speaking role.:crazed: Now, crying and whining on the other hand...nothing new for any of the Skywalker characters.;)

I'm sure GL will rehack rehash the classic trilogy again for the DVD release. He may even re-do some things from Episode 1.

Rogue II
01-16-2003, 01:58 PM

Wasn't there mention of one EP3 scene shot during ATOC? A "robed figure" carrying a bundle to the Lars homestead. (or something like that.

Jedi Clint
01-16-2003, 02:21 PM
The E3 shot was confirmed by Lucas in a documentary. It is a rumor that it is an exterior shot of the Lars Homestead and a Jedi with a bundle.

Portman talks pregnant Padme:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=16220
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/05/news20020508.html

mrmiller
01-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Here is the REAL scoop on EP3 :rolleyes:

Anakin is off fighting a major campagin in the Clone Wars for Year, when he goes missing. Obi Wan returns to Naboo to deliver the bad news to Padme, thinking Ani died. Padme reveals that she has given birth to twins- and they are Anakins. She never had the chance to tell him, and was waiting on his return. A relationship develops between Obi-Wan and Padme, but more of a deep careing freindship than love. After the war ends, Obi-Wan notices Padme showing signs of chronic depression, and convinces Padme to take some time away from the kids and take a Vacation with him. About this time Anakin returns and finds out Padme ran off with Obi-Wan. He spys on them and then confronts Obi-Wan, acting like he knows nothing. Obi-Wan tells him that he has a secret he must tell him, but that Padme would be better to deliver the news. Ani grows inraged thinking it's that Obi and Padme are lovers, and the climatic battle begins. Obi leaves Ani for dead, and returns to Padme. Padme finds out that she is not depressed, but sick and will most likely die in the next year or so. Obi never tells Padme of Anakins return or the confrontation, and offers to take Luke and raise him.
:crazed:
Actullay , that might make a good Soap Opera story but not quite work for Star Wars. Then again, it might be better than what we get. :D

=MATT=

Jargo
01-16-2003, 07:21 PM
I can't wait for the action figures of the babies not to mention pregnant padme and birthing padme, or strange illness deathbed padme. Lava pit Anakin or kentucky fried anakin as i like to think of him. :rolleyes:

Rogue II
01-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I can't wait for the action figures of the babies not to mention pregnant padme and birthing padme, or strange illness deathbed padme. Lava pit Anakin or kentucky fried anakin as i like to think of him. :rolleyes:

That would be Lamaze Padme with "Breathe-Breathe Push Action" by Hasbro

stillakid
01-16-2003, 10:03 PM

We did? It has been speculated upon, but I didn't get that confirmation memo.

Maybe I should stay away from spoilers for this one. I'm starting to not like what I'm hearing already, but it's not fair for me to make an overall judgment before I see the entire film. It's just hard to hear how this will play out when I know that it could be done so much better than what we'll be getting (and what we've already seen). Oh well...life goes on.:happy:

Beast
01-17-2003, 12:15 AM
Well, the answer is here. Lucas was misquoted by Fox News, here's the info from TheForce.Net. :)

EXCLUSIVE: LFL Clarifies Fox Interview with George Lucas
Wed, Jan 15, 03 01:30:10 PM EST

We posted yesterday about an interview by Fox News with George Lucas (see Holonet article). In the interview many sharp eyed Star Wars fans noted this statement:

"Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book."

We contacted LucasFilm for a comment and a LucasFilm Spokesperson had this to say:

As many fans are already aware of, there are going to be just 6 movies. Unfortunately, George was misquoted in the interview about number of movies in the Star Wars series. Currently LucasFilm is in preproduction for Episode 3, the last Star Wars movie."

Well folks, there you have it. It was fun to speculate about the possible change in story arc, but it looks like 6 is all we are going to get from George.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
01-17-2003, 12:27 AM
Thanks JJB. I figured that's what it was.:)

stillakid
01-17-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Well, the answer is here. Lucas was misquoted by Fox News, here's the info from TheForce.Net. :)

EXCLUSIVE: LFL Clarifies Fox Interview with George Lucas
Wed, Jan 15, 03 01:30:10 PM EST

We posted yesterday about an interview by Fox News with George Lucas (see Holonet article). In the interview many sharp eyed Star Wars fans noted this statement:

"Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book."

We contacted LucasFilm for a comment and a LucasFilm Spokesperson had this to say:

As many fans are already aware of, there are going to be just 6 movies. Unfortunately, George was misquoted in the interview about number of movies in the Star Wars series. Currently LucasFilm is in preproduction for Episode 3, the last Star Wars movie."

Well folks, there you have it. It was fun to speculate about the possible change in story arc, but it looks like 6 is all we are going to get from George.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I want to see the original tape or an official transcript, not more "rumors" from internet surfers. While the "denial" you post might be true, the situation is not entirely unlike a politician who has to backpedal out of saying something he'd rather he didn't. Washington is full of spin-doctors and this above statement from Lucasfilm sounds an awful lot like the kind of language that's used in those circumstances.

The Overlord Returns
01-17-2003, 10:33 AM
If he was mis quoted....a correction should be published by Fox news.

mini-rock
01-17-2003, 12:47 PM
If he was mis quoted....a correction should be published by Fox news.

I agree, but we proly won't see it for a few days. Otherwise the statement that JJB has posted is good enough. We know that there are only 6 films. Some Lucas haters are just trying to make a big deal outta nothin I bet. Puuuh-thee-tic.lol:p

Darth Trymybestus
01-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Hit this link! (http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2003/01/news20030117.html)

This is the part that most interested me...

"We try to be in a position where we can really move when called upon and be ready to go quickly." Bocquet cites a new ship for one of the film's heroes as an example. "We still don't know if we're going to need a full-size cockpit or a full-size ship, but we're doing all the technical drawings for it. Even if we don't build it, then that information is ready for ILM to have and use."

I think it'll be Anakin Skywalker's Starfighter, he'll probably have one that's a bit different to the regular Jedi Starfighters.
I mean, Darth Vader had a customised TIE Fighter right? :)

mini-rock
01-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Cool thanks for the link:D. t's stuff like this that get's me amped for the next film. 'm glad we are starting to see more news on whats going on.

As for the ship being Anakins I bet you are right. I can't wait to see what it looks like.:)

Darth Trymybestus
01-17-2003, 08:30 PM
This is Lucas' last chance to show us how awesome a pilot Anakin Skywalker is and we didn't have a really huge space battle in the last one.
I wonder what Anakin's ship will look like?:)
I think that we'll see a big lightsaber duel, combined with a space battle and maybe a land battle at the end (kinda like Return of the Jedi:D)

mini-rock
01-17-2003, 08:35 PM
I bet it looks a bit like the sith infiltraitor crossed with Vader's Tie Fighter, but smallish like the Jedi Starfighter.:)

Darth Trymybestus
01-17-2003, 08:39 PM
That sounds about right... I wonder if it has a gonzo colour though? :crazed: :D