PDA

View Full Version : Yoda and Jedi Youngling Pics! (MERGED)

The Overlord Returns
01-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Hope this hasn't been posted already:

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=99

Personally, I think they look great.

aceguide
01-15-2003, 09:20 AM
Agreed. These look like instant classics. Yoda might actually have 2 legs! Can't wait to see the hoverchair!

Master ToNone
01-15-2003, 09:22 AM
Well Done Hasbro!

While it doesn't show it, the article also says Yoda comes with Hover chair. And he is articulated at the elbows. Nice.

My favorite: Jempa :crazed: great work.

Check it out...

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=99

The Overlord Returns
01-15-2003, 09:23 AM
dude you must have posted this JUST after mine.....

Kidhuman
01-15-2003, 09:34 AM
They do look like cool figures. Can't wait to get them.

droidekas2
01-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Very nice. Finally a couple of figures to be excited about. Yes, I too can't wait to see what his hover chair looks like. Hopefully it will come with some kind of clear base so that it and Yoda can hover at the appropriate height.
Looks like the Younglings are all made of the same body sculpt except for the heads being different. Not too bad.
I am wondering about Yoda's outer robe being sculpted as if it is being blown by the wind. Does it do that when he is in his hover chair?? I cant remember.
I'll be looking forward to getting both of these.

jpak001
01-15-2003, 09:55 AM
Cool! I'll definitely be getting these, so far they look the best out of all I've seen for '03 (that may change when we get Snowtrooper pics :cool: )

Old Fossil
01-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Finally, some AOTC figs to get excited about!!! The Younglings are so cute, with their darling little lightsabers... I mean, they are cool, they're frickin' awesome!

I may have to spring for two of each of these sets, one to open, one to keep on the card, like I used to do in the old days...

LTBasker
01-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Yoda and youngling will be good, but what about the two younglings? I wish each one came with their own training ball or the two Younglings pack came with the holo-emitter.

Overall the look pretty cool though, i'm glad they finally seperated Yoda's legs, I hope this means we'll get a Yoda later on with regular legs under his robe like the vintage one had.

jblodgett
01-15-2003, 10:46 AM
One word--- SWEET!!!!!!!!

No gimmicks! Nice neutral poses!

PERFECT

Emperor Howdy
01-15-2003, 11:12 AM
Ok....two things:

1) Thank God the younglings are alien. I was nervous it was going to be some human, chubby-faced brats.

2) Does the word "younglings" p**s you off? Maybe it's just me, but I get a weird cringe everytime I hear that word.

gibbspaulus
01-15-2003, 11:17 AM
They are lovely little figures - although I am less pleased with Yoda as he still bears too much of a resemblance to the Ep 1 / Saga rehash version.

SirSteve
01-15-2003, 11:42 AM
I'm looking forward to these as well. Something different... very cool.

187-Maul
01-15-2003, 11:47 AM
the figs looks very cool, I might pick these sets up too, I just hope that yoda can put both hands on his lightsaber (thank god they included one since I still don't have a saga yoda) but I too noticed that the body sculpt seems the same on all three younglings, but at least their heads and hands are different, and they all look excellent, the sculpts are great
cool sets

BTW, it says that next week we will see pics of the 2nd wave of deluxe figs, hopefully the spider droid:)

The Overlord Returns
01-15-2003, 11:54 AM
One thing though,

I thought the padawan with yoda was going to be a human?

Beast
01-15-2003, 12:07 PM
In a word, Yipee!! I knew these were going to be cool as hell, when I first saw the rumors for them. Nice neutrally posed Yoda, though I hope his robe is soft plastic, so it can come around infront of him a little. A two-legged Yoda, about time for you folks, ehh. Plus we finally get Yoda's lil hover scooter. :)

The three kiddies are so cute and cool, damn. I'm also glad they did all Aliens. TOR, most of us originally assumed that the one packed with Yoda would be "Liam", since Yoda actually interacts with him. May need to get a few more Anakin: Padawan figures, for the rest of the Bear Clan. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
01-15-2003, 12:17 PM
Cool! I definatly can't wait to get them. The Yoda looks like he could fight Count Dooku pretty well. The Padawans look great too. Nice neutral poses.

Lman316
01-15-2003, 12:45 PM
I'm especially pleased with the Yoda. If his left wrist has articulation, it would seem that he'll be able to hold his lightsaber with two hands. Nice...
The only real "beef" I have is with the Younglings. Their poses are nice, neutral and the sculpts are fine. I just don't like the way the arms are posed. Now, granted, that was how we got to see the Younglings in Episode 2: holding their lightsabers. But there was a point where they turned them off to help with the map...
Just a teenie-tiny elbow joint (like what's on that Yoda) and they'd be in business.
But, before I start getting yelled at or someone says, "Can't please anyone 'round here," (or something to that effect), I like them. I like them, and will definitely buy them. I just think they'd be that much better if their arms could fall at their sides :p.

So...don't yell at me! :D

End...

The Overlord Returns
01-15-2003, 12:51 PM
THIS IS ME YELLING AT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGG GGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Darth Trymybestus
01-15-2003, 12:58 PM
These figures are really cool, the sculpts are very impressive and the Yoda is very cool, a nice neutral Yoda to go with the fighting SAGA Yoda - Jedi Master figure :)
I wonder what Deluxe figures we'll see next week?

Beast
01-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Darth T, the Deluxe figures we should be next week are supposed to be Asst. 2. Judging by the retailer lists that we've seen already, we'll likely see the Commerce Guild Spider Droid (aka Dwarf), and the Droid Factory. Here's the list from the early retailer lists. :)

Deluxe Figure Assortment 47124

Wave 2 (April)
84949 Force Power Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino)
84950 Flying Jango Fett (Kamino)
84957 Commerce Guild Spider Droid
84958 Droid Factory

Wave 3 (July)
84986 Destroyer Droid Launcher
84987 Clone Trooper 4 Pack
84992 Battle Droid 3 Pack

Wave 4 (October)
84836 Jedi Knight 3 Pack
84986 Geonosian Gun

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
01-15-2003, 01:38 PM
Well, these are the first Saga figures to impress me in a while.

However, I would have preferred the rehash Yoda they just released to have been this Yoda. And then replaced the Yoda in the 2-pack with a human "youngling".

Oh, and I also hate the word youngling. Sounds......silly.

Darth Trymybestus
01-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Darth T, the Deluxe figures we should be next week are supposed to be Asst. 2. Judging by the retailer lists that we've seen already, we'll likely see the Commerce Guild Spider Droid (aka Dwarf), and the Droid Factory. Here's the list from the early retailer lists. :)
Jar Jar Binks

The Droid Factory?? Will that be like a playset? will it have any figures??

Beast
01-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Most assume that the Droid Factory will be another piece that connects to the Arena, Deluxe C-3PO, and Padme: Droid Factory. A couple rumors suggest that it will be a Battle Droid and Destroyer Droid that can be built. Sort of like the C-3PO/Battle Droid Deluxe set. Of course, who knows at this point. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
01-15-2003, 02:42 PM
precisely. Now the baby jedi sets: Nice body sculpts, nice heads although Chian has a neck like a dead goose for some reason. The sabers are all the same which is nice although variety would have been coller. The posed arms look okay although again Chian's don't seem to fit the body quite right. The helmets are far too small and will undoubtedly be glued down where a small use of magnets would have been a killer. Yoda finally has two legs but they're clunky solid things that will look stupid when he's not standing because his feet will be too high. The billowing cloak will be for him to be able to sit on his peepee potty hover chair. And he gets his saber and cane too which is nice. This Yoda sculpt is exeptional. I love the two previous AOTC sculpts but this is superb. Although i'm guessing it's basically the same head reposed and I'll realise that long after this thread dies and thank god people always start a new thread to discuss new finds rather than root out old threads and continue an established converstion.
I like these a lot though and after the disappointment of that abortion Han Hoth and that freaky imposter Chewbacca these sets are looking ever so attractive. Too bad we have to wait until late spring before we get them.

TheDarthVader
01-15-2003, 02:58 PM
They look great! I, too, am glad that the padawans are all aliens. I was sure they were going to do two humans. Maybe we will get even more members in the future!!! :)

Jek Porky 2002
01-15-2003, 03:03 PM
I've just been through all the posts and not a single bad word has been said about these figures, I've not seen that since Ephant Mon was revealed!

I also think these are cool, and they where all the Jedi that thought they would be!

One little thing, not a complaint, but more of a sugestion, I wish that they would stop releasing Yoda with lightsabers, but then I don't have to display him with it. What I can't wait to see is if he leans on his cane with both hands like in the film, now that would be cool!

Nataku
01-15-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Most assume that the Droid Factory will be another piece that connects to the Arena, Deluxe C-3PO, and Padme: Droid Factory. A couple rumors suggest that it will be a Battle Droid and Destroyer Droid that can be built. Sort of like the C-3PO/Battle Droid Deluxe set. Of course, who knows at this point. :)

Just an FYI, but NewForce Comics started taking pre-orders for this wave (wave 2 deluxe).

They state that it is a Super Battle Droid Builder set, which I believe is a Super Battle Droid that comes with a droid factory base (a la 3PO set or the 2003 Padme).

Jeff

mtriv73
01-15-2003, 03:38 PM
I love the sculpts on the figures. Since Hasbro has improved their painting techniques for saga figures, these should like as nice at retail as these test shots. Keep it up Hasbro (and make me an R5-D4!)

Tycho
01-15-2003, 04:18 PM
All the good stuff about these has been said - I just wanted to agree! :) I can't wait to get these! Nice.

jpak001
01-15-2003, 04:51 PM
One thing I fnd interesting is that there aren't any human padawan here.

Don't get me wrong, I like the aliens better, but I could swear I remember that in the movie most of these kids were human with just a few aliens in there.

Awesome figures though, like QLD said, the first saga figs to impress me in a while too.

The Overlord Returns
01-15-2003, 04:57 PM
I imagine if these sell well, they might do a human youngling 2 pack...

Beast
01-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Yeah, but I think it's better that they go with all alien kiddies in the packs. They can always release a couple 2-packs of human younglings later if they want to. In the movie there were the 3 alien kids, and the rest were humans.

Myself and quite a few others, were originally assuming that Yoda would come with Liam, the kid that Yoda interacts with. But I much prefer getting the three cute alien kiddies first. I still hope they pack seeker balls in with the kiddies. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
01-15-2003, 05:29 PM
Great looking figures! It's nice to see that they are giving Yoda the hover chair. That should make everyone happy that he will have accesorries that will not just be for one scene. You'll be able to have him in a majority of scenes. I'd imagine he would be able to sit in the council chair as well. Good job hasbro :)

Adam
01-15-2003, 05:51 PM
WoOOOOooOo! They look great, but I just hope Yoda's arm is articulated enough so he can hold his saber with two hands.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
01-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Now that's a Yoda I've been waiting for.

Sidiously Darth
01-15-2003, 06:17 PM
Look Mom! Nongimick action figures! Can I have them? Can I, Can I, Can I???:crazed:

Seriously, they look great and there are customizing possibilities.:happy:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-15-2003, 06:52 PM
These are very nice! The Yoda is great! But it's too bad they didn't use lightsabers that look more like Qui-Gon's, but that's okay.

Hopefully the lizardy one has "Can't stay in the same place for two seconds" feature.;) :D

Teeska Mon Eebon
01-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Wow do these look great! Chain looks a little odd with his neck and all and the helmets look a little off proportion but I'm not complaining. Out of the few 2003 figures I'm getting these will be some of them!

jjreason
01-15-2003, 11:15 PM
Quite nice. The mini-me Shaak Ti (Jempa?) is the coolest by far. Ill be happy to get these - but then Im pretty much always happy to get new figures.

plasticfetish
01-16-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
I've just been through all the posts and not a single bad word has been said about these figures ...
I'm amazed to see this too. Though I'll admit EMPEROR JARGO's post on the last page came close ... but it also came close to giving me a stroke because I was laughing so hard.

These are super little figures and I'm looking forward to getting them.
I'm so warm and happy that we all agree. ;)

The list JarJarBinks posted back there got my toy gland pumping also ... every time I read the word "droid" I got all tingly.

sith_killer_99
01-16-2003, 03:52 AM
What a piece of junk! I bet the helmets aren't even removable! Why does Hasbro continue to rip us off by giving us such puny figures! And another Yoda? Why is Hasbro beating this dead horse again, and again, and again. How many re-sculpts of each figure will we get in a single years time?

Just kidding, I love 'em! I just couldn't let Jek's comment go unanswered. These look great and I can't wait to get 2 of each (1 set carded and 1 set to open).

Emperor Howdy
01-16-2003, 04:19 AM
Overlord, can you please stop wishing for chubby-faced, Shirley Temple human youngli.....grrrrrrr........"kids". It was the worst part of the movie. I hate that "cutesy-wootsy" crap.....especially in Star Wars. I really thought Lucas couldn't out-lame the Ewoks, but those pale-faced fatso Jedi kids make Teebo and Chief Chirpa look like James Dean and Robert DiNero. When that kid blabs, "Math-ter? Becauth thomeone ewathed it fwom the archive memowy?".......I want to get a belt and hang myself from a shower rod. :frus:

Jerjerrod
01-16-2003, 05:29 AM
Wow! I think they all look great and can't wait to get them. Yoda with separated legs is the biggest news. Younglings look great too. Maybe Hasbro will include some other accessories.

The Overlord Returns
01-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Overlord, can you please stop wishing for chubby-faced, Shirley Temple human youngli.....grrrrrrr........"kids". It was the worst part of the movie. I hate that "cutesy-wootsy" crap.....especially in Star Wars. I really thought Lucas couldn't out-lame the Ewoks, but those pale-faced fatso Jedi kids make Teebo and Chief Chirpa look like James Dean and Robert DiNero. When that kid blabs, "Math-ter? Becauth thomeone ewathed it fwom the archive memowy?".......I want to get a belt and hang myself from a shower rod. :frus:

What the hell are you talking about? I didn't wish for anything! I merely stated my "surprise" that one human was not included, ya big girls blouse!!!!!!!!

Emperor Howdy
01-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
What the hell are you talking about? I didn't wish for anything! I merely stated my "surprise" that one human was not included, ya big girls blouse!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah?...well...well.....well.......stop....umm.... umm.....STATING SURPRISE.....yeah! That's it!

**sloooowly backs out door as crowd starts shouting match** :stupid:

The Overlord Returns
01-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Oh yeah?...well...well.....well.......stop....umm.... umm.....STATING SURPRISE.....yeah! That's it!

Yeah, well........you shouldn't make fun of fat jedi kids..........it's mean, and will hamper their mental growth ;)

Jargo
01-16-2003, 01:42 PM
The little fat ones taste the yummiest.... oh. said too much! moving swiftly on *coff coff* I ran up this little comparison of all the saga Yoda's to date just because i have nothing better to do on a wet and drab thursday afternoon. And Howdy, if you bait them you can't complain when they bite. ;)

JEDIpartner
01-16-2003, 01:44 PM
I saw these and I think I peed a little bit. These are the PERFECT figures! I just hope they don't botch 'em up on the line.

Well done you little monkeys! :D

The Overlord Returns
01-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
The little fat ones taste the yummiest.... oh. said too much! moving swiftly on *coff coff* I ran up this little comparison of all the saga Yoda's to date just because i have nothing better to do on a wet and drab thursday afternoon. And Howdy, if you bait them you can't complain when they bite. ;)

You do realize the interaction between EH and I was fairly tongue in cheek, don't you?

I wouldn't think someone with such an overinflated sense of his own intelligence would let that slide over his head.... ;)

Jargo
01-16-2003, 02:00 PM
Over inflated eh :mad: I'll show you overinflated, why you lousy *@!!$*&%!!.... I'll have you stuffed and used as a gymnasts horse, I'll have you depressurised in a supersonic jet, I'll have you for a lawn ornament, I'll - I'll........

I know perfectly well what my limitations are. Do you know yours Mr. wiseguy? :evil:

plasticfetish
01-16-2003, 02:04 PM
I ran up this little comparison of all the saga Yoda's to date ...

hmmm ... does yoda #1 look a little like Jerry Stiller (http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/0770-com/stillerj.err) in that photo?

The Overlord Returns
01-16-2003, 02:05 PM
Over inflated eh :mad: I'll show you overinflated, why you lousy *@!!$*&%!!.... I'll have you stuffed and used as a gymnasts horse, I'll have you depressurised in a supersonic jet, I'll have you for a lawn ornament, I'll - I'll........

I know perfectly well what my limitations are. Do you know yours Mr. wiseguy? :evil:

Sadly, I am all to familiar with my own.....:frus:

P.s. Glad you took that with the humour in which it was intended....

plasticfetish
01-16-2003, 02:15 PM
Yoda #2 looks like Gary Coleman (http://www.abobo.com/abobopics/gary.jpg) to me.

jpak001
01-16-2003, 02:27 PM
ha ha! I like the comparisons plasticfetish! I never noticed it before, but it looks like the deluxe Yoda has a double chin. I didn't know they make twinkies on Dagobah!
:sur:

IMO the new one looks the best except for the whole "cloak being blown back" thing, but I'm sure that can be fixed with one of those handy clear rubber bands!:)

corporal AMF
01-16-2003, 05:44 PM
I've got faith that 2003 would be a nice year for SW collecting, after various dissapointments in 2002......

I hope the next figures will improve and improve........ :)

Emperor Howdy
01-16-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I saw these and I think I peed a little bit

Oh, now that's just down-right creepy! :eek:

Darth Trymybestus
01-16-2003, 06:15 PM
I wonder if we'll see an Action feature on these, "lightsaber swinging action" because they did do that in the movie.
I bet we'll see a Luke Skywalker - Bespin Duel type action feature!

JediDBM
01-16-2003, 06:33 PM
The pics of the younglings are very cool, cant wait for all of the scalpers to buy them up so I can pay three times their value for them on Ebay

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2003, 07:52 PM
Darth T, they are Collection 2 figures. They can't have any features, except maybe for a magnet in their hand.:)

Jargo
01-16-2003, 07:58 PM
I was ignoring what JP said until Howdy brought it up again. That is a little strange JP. Hope you weren't at work when it happened. You can get tablets to stop that y'know. The thing you mentioned not work. tablets to stop work would be good though. "Take one twice daily and the work just goes away! I swear by them and so does my wife. *cheesey grin with added glint off teeth:D* Lazeez - They do the job so you don't have to!!!!!" :rolleyes:

Banthaholic
01-16-2003, 10:24 PM
These Younglings rule!!! They are what they should be, props to Hasbro!!! Now we just need the librarian...

I'm just sooooo hoping that when Vader hunts down and kills some Jedi that the Younglings get a good beeting, as opposed to soem stupid explosion at the Jedi Academy...

Darth Trymybestus
01-16-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Banthaholic
These Younglings rule!!! They are what they should be, props to Hasbro!!! Now we just need the librarian...

I'm just sooooo hoping that when Vader hunts down and kills some Jedi that the Younglings get a good beeting, as opposed to soem stupid explosion at the Jedi Academy...

Maybe they'll all go to Tosche station to pick up some power converdddderrrrssssss :crazed: :D