PDA

View Full Version : Are any of the new 2003 figures out yet?

Spinosaurus2004
01-15-2003, 12:40 PM
I gotta go to a trumpet lesson today so I figured after that I'd drive up to target and see if theres any new figs. Are the figs like padme arena and the jedi analysis droids out yet?

Spinosaurus2004
01-15-2003, 03:13 PM
Anyone know because I kinda gotta go to my trumpet lesson soon and I don't want to go if theres no hope of new figs.

mtriv73
01-15-2003, 03:45 PM
They're not in Maryland yet and I haven't seen them on E-bay, so I would say no.

Darth Trymybestus
01-15-2003, 09:01 PM
I know a guy from Leavenworth, Kansas who has the new Darth Tyranus - Geonosian Escape... he says it's better than the first Dooku and it has a metal lightsaber with removeable blade :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
I know a guy from Leavenworth, Kansas
Not Deadeye???!!!???:sur:

Darth Trymybestus
01-16-2003, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure... :) Anyways, I can't wait to get these figures! I plan to be waiting at TRU VERY early!

jpak001
01-16-2003, 05:05 PM
I actually saw them last night at Frank-n-scalp (a collector show here in LA). One guy had the new Padme plus all the re-hashes and was selling them for $8 ea. The Padme looked nice! :cool:

I think he gets his stuff straight from Hong Kong though, and like mtriv73 said: since there's none on ebay, they're probably not hitting U.S. retailers yet...

Darth Trymybestus
01-16-2003, 05:06 PM
The Padme looks very nice, I wonder how many people will switch the heads with the arena version, then you'd have a neutral Padme with a neutral face and a Padme battling the nexu :)

Spinosaurus2004
01-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Yeah seems like these guys arent out yet.

Jaff
01-19-2003, 03:07 AM
They ship in two weeks for late Jan release.

patchiswelsh
01-19-2003, 10:40 AM
apparently manys shops in te US aregetting them in, in one wee

wonder when UK will get them and where will they be sold??

Spinosaurus2004
01-19-2003, 04:58 PM
I guess I'm goin up tomm to look.

Turbowars
01-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Don't bother, just go to your trumpet classes. You want to be the next Dizzy don't you?

jjreason
01-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Winton Marsalis is cool too. That would motivate me to go to class. I got stuck on clarinet in gr. 7 and never loved the way I should have. There are no modern masters of the clarinet. Man have I ever bared my soul to the world on this one....:o :D

Jaff
01-19-2003, 09:04 PM
?????? What about a Klo-horn class for me?

Spinosaurus2004
01-25-2003, 10:15 AM
So has anyone found them yet?

Tycho
01-26-2003, 09:14 PM
There's been an oline report at another website that says Target is getting them.

My recommendation: go first thing in the morning at 7:45 (and wait until they open) or there wont' be any by 8:05 am.

They stock overnight and both active collectors (that deserve them) and scalpers go there in the morning and take all of them. Most morning folks are civil and share, dividing up everything equally between who's there. Scalpers go to HotWheels first, so get your figures and get out of there before they come to SW, and they won't get any to sell.

I have not found them yet, but will start the 7:45 thing again, at least until I get them all and however many I want:

4 Padme
1 Jedi droid
1 Tusken
11-14 Anakins
2-3 Dooku
1-2 Mace (unless he's really cool)
1-2 Obi-Wan (because he sucks, but the pose is useful once)
1 Fett (because I don't need it anyway - just looks cool)

Well, you get the idea. If it's only me, there will be no more Padme's left when I leave, unless they stock more than 1 case.

I don't think any other figures will be released in these first boxes.

To those that have to be at work - get up early and prep for work so you have time to stop at some store along the way - that's what a lot of people do instead of complaining about it.

To kids that have to be at school - just be patient. When the scalpers get stuck with stuff, they'll stop buying this wave and it'll be around in the afternoons. Or get your folks to take you early on Saturdays - but better be before the store opens. You'll learn when you see who's hanging out there. (if not, you're lucky!)

To those that bend or destroy mint cards - I'm an OPENER, but I do care: How many Jedi Droids or Tuskens, or any resculpts do you think people will want? If the figures don't leave the store's computer inventory as a sale, the store will NOT order more, and you'll NEVER see Bariss, Aayla, or Han Hoth. The same goes for those who hide figures. If you forget them, find them somewhere else later, or try to stash peg-warmers so there's more room on the racks, the store may not order more because they think they are taking a loss on these and they are being stolen. - and they may not have any more figures in the back anyway (not that employees want to actually help customers - though I've met some good ones). Anyway, last but not least, hidden figures and bent cards will not let you get Han Hoth, Bariss, or anything else any sooner. If you don't want to buy it, make it as sellable and presentable as possible.

That figure selling even to a scalper means the next wave will be ordered that much sooner.

Adam
01-28-2003, 01:16 AM
Thanks to Keith Koth I found Darth Tyranus - Geonosian Escape and Obi-Wan - Acklay Battle at Wal-Mart. There were 3 of each when he was there, and there was 1 of each when I got there. Darth Tyranus is a cool figure. Obi-Wan just plain sucks.

bobafrett
01-28-2003, 01:55 AM
I went to a Target a couple of months back looking for the accessory packs. There were none on the pegs, but when I asked a Target employee, he scanned the peg label, which was onverstocked with the first 2 flipping deluxe figures. He said they had a box in back and went to retrieve it. Sometimes it pays to ask, just not at Wal-Mart.

jjreason
01-28-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Adam
Thanks to Keith Koth I found Darth Tyranus - Geonosian Escape and Obi-Wan - Acklay Battle at Wal-Mart. There were 3 of each when he was there, and there was 1 of each when I got there. Darth Tyranus is a cool figure. Obi-Wan just plain sucks.

Now that's exciting, congrats on the find! I sure hope we get them up here in Canada, especially after the let down at the end of last year.

kdp100
01-30-2003, 10:40 AM
In the last few days I've seen the new Dooku, Yoda, Eeth Koth, Yoda (chair), Padme, Tusken & Analysis Droids - so they ARE starting to show up.