PDA

View Full Version : And you thought that your neighbors were strange!

Patient Zero
01-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Go here: http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/01/15/congo.cannibalism.ap/index.html

What in the world compels people to do such things??? I mean, I understand people comitting hidious crimes for the sake of a cough cough 'just' cause, but this just seems to be violence for the sake of violence. Can anyone explain this to me because I had no idea that it was that bad down there. :cry: :mad:

plasticfetish
01-16-2003, 02:46 AM
I'm not sure what you're talking about at all. My own neighbors weren't strange in the least ... but they were quite tasty.

Tonysmo
01-16-2003, 03:07 AM
I can only say its nice to see some rituals never change.. Ill make sure to let everyone know where to go in the congo for the best buffet...

Jargo
01-16-2003, 04:52 PM
The price of allowing the poor to rule themselves - chaos. My fourth Reich ideas are suddenly sounding like a good idea......

I jest of course. No this is a terrible occurance but as it's linkled to magical rites and superstitions it really isn't surprising. They have the tools of the twentieth century but the education of the tenth. Poor little Pygmies. Poor tribespeople. Where's Tarzan when you need him.................?

Darth Cruel
01-16-2003, 09:39 PM
are you sure you linked the right story? Maybe the meaning of the reference to neighbors just went over my head. That story is about rebels in the Congo committing war atrocities.

Patient Zero
01-17-2003, 10:18 AM
The neighbors thing was just a bad joke about the murders, thugs and rapests being the neighbors of the victoms in the Congo. Sorry I had just watched The Burbs the night before hand.

"I'm going to kill
everyone
Satan is good
Satan is my pal"